Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    edited August 2021

Ooh thanks! Getting ready to go in game so I'll try that. 😊
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    :) Upper counters have the same thing :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    So, if the Simple Living lot challenge is active and the fridge is empty, will sims starve?

I also added the teen neighbourhood lot trait to every lot in Newcrest hoping much-needed teens would be generated, but so far, I only see the teens I created.
  • Options
    :) Upper counters have the same thing :)

It worked! Thanks!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @calaprfy try visiting a park- for some reason parks attract teens more than the "teen neighborhood" lot trait does.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Random question: Does interacting with aliens in disguise--in other words, greeting them, having conversations with them, etc.--increase the chances your Sim will be abducted? Or do you only increase the chances of that happening by doing scientist things and using the observatory?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Yes, as I remember my "gold digger" widow picked up a townie at the bar one night, he turned out to be an alien. She got abducted later that night. He did spend the night BTW.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    PAFspwk.png

Wishing you many more years of fun.
  • Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    What is the weirdest retail/store idea you've had in TS4 (and implemented it)?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Uaexep wrote: »
    What is the weirdest retail/store idea you've had in TS4 (and implemented it)?

I had a fizzy juice and flower shop. My sim and his wife ran the store together. The two don't really go together but that was their hobbies so I went with it.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    In my game, giving birth at hospital is bugged. There are no doctors.
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Am I the only one that saw the hungry moodlet for toddlers as a ghost when I started playing, and now cannot un-see it? iewAUtu.png
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited September 2021
    doggers123 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that saw the hungry moodlet for toddlers as a ghost when I started playing, and now cannot un-see it? iewAUtu.png

Oh... I only now realised that it's actually a stomach with a face :joy:
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    haisin wrote: »

Same! I always thought it was a ghost, which struck me as a little weird.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member

I always saw it as a stomach with a face,, now it is angry Casper :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »

Same! I always thought it was a ghost, which struck me as a little weird.

Haha I thought that they are so hungry or feeble from hunger that they are turning into ghosts :D
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member

I always saw it as a stomach with a face,, now it is angry Casper :D

Same lol
  • Options
    @sunblond Thanks for letting me know. One of my Sims is probably headed for a wild ride. He finally broke down and talked to a townie with an obsession for jogging past his house, and she turns out to be an alien in disguise.

While I'm here, how about two more questions?

I've been on a Sim-making kick lately. I've made single Sims, family Sims, good-looking Sims, homely Sims. Lots of Sims. It's been lots of fun to add all kinds of diversity to my Simworld. I've moved some of these Sims into vacant houses, and when I do, I often go into CAS and cheat some of their skills up. A self-sufficient Young Adult Sim seems more realistic to me when they have the ability to do *something* with more than base level abilities. Most of them have a hobby or two.

If I save them to my Gallery after I raise their skills, will they have these skills if I import them into another game? (I hope the answer is yes!)

Question two is somewhat related. Is it possible for me to put a Sim into a game with "Not In World" status? I'd enjoy seeing my creations wandering around, without always having to find a house for them. I'm envisioning a "recurring character" like Lana McKinnon, Mayor Whiskers, etc. They always turn up in my saves. I could probably work through the answer to this one, and I might do it anyway.

Thanks, in advance.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Petey Plays It came up with 6 Creative Cafe Ideas. After watching this, I think I'll remodel one of my cafes. Have others done similar creative cafes in their game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYmIUTTtg7s
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

Question two is somewhat related. Is it possible for me to put a Sim into a game with "Not In World" status? I'd enjoy seeing my creations wandering around, without always having to find a house for them. I'm envisioning a "recurring character" like Lana McKinnon, Mayor Whiskers, etc. They always turn up in my saves. I could probably work through the answer to this one, and I might do it anyway.

Thanks, in advance.

I'm not completely sure about your first question re: the gallery, because I don't upload much. You can easily place any Sims you want in the "not in world" category. Move them into a household, then evict them from the household and it will put them out into the world. There are some really talented Sim designers on the gallery. I've downloaded a bunch of beautiful, diverse families and added them into my game this way. I love the variety I get by doing this.

My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Thanks, @GirafHuntr. I managed to make that work yesterday, so now a half dozen or so of my Sims are "Not In World." I haven't seen any of them around town yet, though.

I've downloaded a few from the Gallery, but I have fun (trying to) make them, so I usually get my "characters" that way. I'm slowly becoming happier with how they turn out. The first few were awful; most of them have had makeovers, but one or two are so hilarious that I've left them in their original state.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    @Hearts4u I keep my eyes on PeteyPlaysIt as he has some informative videos.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @Hearts4u I keep my eyes on PeteyPlaysIt as he has some informative videos.

@calapry I recently discovered him. Yes, his videos are informative and I've been getting some good ideas as well discovering things I didn't even know
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Have they said pack refreshes will be done for expansions? Or is it only for game packs?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Have they said pack refreshes will be done for expansions? Or is it only for game packs?

They haven't said.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top