Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If I want the lot or house, I evict the premades. I may or may not move them in elsewhere, but I don't delete them.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    I love most of the premades; even created 'permanent' backstories. But they all lose their land in the beginning. Most go to San Myshuno which makes neighborhoods more vibrant. And then I can reorg decent commercial areas, cute family streets & insane mansions for the most wealthy.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Was anyone else really disappointed when they first got that notification that "something crazy's going down at the ruins" in Get Together, and...it was just a dance party? I was hoping for some cool adventure or something! Wrong EP for that, I guess. :/ I still feel disappointed every time. It's just the same boring party, always.

I actually love that pop up invitation. Sadly, I haven’t gotten it in a year and I figured it was taken out for some reason

You're joking!!? I actually really liked that and wondered why it wasn't happening anymore!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    The Unpopular Opinions thread has fallen to the third page. 😕 I love that thread. Come on people. Let's go.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Being able to place a lot on a smaller lot size and just crop it to fit has to be one of the most undervalued features of 4. Not sure what the situation is with 2 but I've been playing 3 and it's infuriating how often you'll find a small house, but its built on a big lot, so even though the house could very easily fit on a small plot you just cannot place it :s
    For example this is a lot I found which is 40x40.

Screenshot-152.jpg

The actual house could fit on a 15x25 lot, half the size, but you just can't put it there. Meanwhile in 4 you could just place it on a smaller lot with no issue at all and the game easily lets you do that. It's a really game saving feature to have

(Sorry if this is sort of the wrong place but I have no idea where the best place to put this is since it's a complaint on one game and a positive of another)

I’ve used this feature too….. several times.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that befriending birds/rabbits is not rewarding if sims live outside HoB.
    I play rotational and I was going to have one of my households from willow creek try to befriend a rabbit next time I play them, and then put a rabbit hole by their house. They have a toddler, and I thought it might be cute for the toddler to play with the rabbit.
    Uaexep wrote: »
    What is the weirdest retail/store idea you've had in TS4 (and implemented it)?
    My favorite retail lot is an industrial hospital/mall I made. I took someone’s residential industrial lot years ago, made it retail, enlarged it and added many rooms taken from the gallery, it has a cafeteria to eat in ( or food to take home ) . An emergency room ( with a snack machine and where they can utilize computers ), a lab/hospital room ( with treadmill and lab stuff ), a gift store, a crystal store, a fish store, a small arcade, a biologists desk room with insects ( and I think frogs ), they can buy just outside the desk area, a my sims store, a little spot where they can meditate, and a place to do yoga. There are a few things for children to do in various areas. In the outside back there is a campfire, a guitar and tarp for toddlers to play on, in the front side there are benches, a patio table and a bar-b-que pit. Sometimes teens gather there, sometimes sims go to buy specific things there, and sometimes I send my doctor sim there. It’s kind of an all around place for my sims to go ( as most of my malls are ). And it fits right into Oasis Springs.

I have also downloaded a few malls, and changed them around a bit and added stuff. One of the malls I put in Del Sol Valley ( in the rich neighborhood ), it has an indoor pool/water park, a small arcade, a dress store, a computer/tablet store, a couple of places to eat, a romantic little alcove, a knitting store, and a few other stores. Another mall i downloaded long ago in Willow Creek has a movie theatre, a few bar areas, some cute little apartments, some street sales, there is a hot tub outside one of the apartments, a small arcade, and a few other little shops. And the last mall I have is in Magnolia Promenade, I also downloaded it from the gallery and put a second snd third story on it. It has a small bowling ally, a, small cafe, a small library/bookstore, a small arcade, a small gaming store with a children’s void critter game in it, a small music store, a movie theatre, upstairs there is a small night club, a buffet room, a small room with a podium and chairs, a photo shoot place ( from get to work ). There is also, a small acting studio that is set up like a vampires living room that sims can use to take pictures in. On the top floor is a small gym, and next to it a playroom for children. I’m not sure if I actually have this mall set up for retail though, as I use it for so many things. I really like malls where my sims can do various things, but I don’t have the patience to completely make them from scratch, and there are such good builders out there, that do a better job than I would.
    The Sims and The Sims 4 are both trending on Twitter. 👀
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited October 2021
    Did you know that if you give a tip to a living statue, you unlock all the parts of the costume in CAS, and that if you wear them all you unlock the option to busk as a statue for tips? I had no idea and just discovered this by accident. Shows my Sims aren’t good tippers. 😂
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited November 2021
    I had decided to not buy Get to Work and had completely ruled it out, but lately I've started to long for having aliens in my game and I'm a bit frustrated about it since I'm unsure whether aliens are that good in the end after all :neutral: I wish they'd update GTW, so there might be something else I'm intersted in, in addition to baking, prison cells and aliens (and some clothes and tattoos).
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    I had decided to not buy Get to Work and had completely ruled it out, but lately I've started to long for having aliens in my game and I'm a bit frustrated about it since I'm unsure whether aliens are that good in the end after all :neutral: I wish they'd update GTW, so there might be something else I'm intersted in, in addition to baking, prison cells and aliens (and some clothes and tattoos).

My favourite thing about GTW is owning a shop. :smile: If you're still unsure then I'd watch some videos and read some reviews and guides in the pack and then maybe wait for it to go on sale. You could also wait and see if they do a free trial of GTW like they have other packs.

I had ruled Seasons out completely but got it on sale recently after reading more about it, and I'm very glad I did.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yeah I think I should watch some videos :smile: It has helped me before. Free trial would be cool! I'd definitely try it. I think I might use the active careers and retail, but I'm quite unsure about them, so they feel more like extra things. Luckily I'm not in a hurry to buy and I'll most likely get Cottage Living first anyway. I'm just waiting for a sale :blush:
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I've been away from the game for awhile and got a chance to play the last couple weekends. I noticed my sims weren't going to school and had to enroll through the career tab, which I only saw for my teen sims haven't figured out how to get the child sims back in school yet. Is this a bug or now each sim has to enroll?
    WbUrFQm.png
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    @JestTru I've had a little Google and have seen some people suggest taking the child to a different lot and then back home to see if they will then go to school.

The only other things I can think of is that your Sims are in the scouts (if you have seasons) as I think that used to create an issue with going to school with some players. Or perhaps you have a Mod that us causing issues as you've been away a while? (If you use mods, of course).
  • xxboahancockxxboahancock Posts: 21 Member
    Do you guys availed the EA Play or EA Play Pro? Does it make your TS4 game more exciting?
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Why did the BFF household ask my interior designer to add a nursery? They even said that they didn't need one. My designer learned nothing except that the colors brown and black were hated. So she slapped pet stickers on a purple wall, and put in a yellow crib and high chair. Boom. Success. Instant promotion. That was the lamest gig she's had so far.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Do you guys availed the EA Play or EA Play Pro? Does it make your TS4 game more exciting?
    I have EA Play through an Xbox Game Pass trial. I don't see any packs included for Sims 4 through EA Play besides the base game. So I guess to answer your question, no. EA Play Pro I don't have so I don't know but you can check out the library of games offered before signing up.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    I got Island Living a bit ago and really like it, but have yet to have an Island festivals show up. I also haven't found any way for my Sims to learn about the traditions and culture of the island. Is there some kind of a bug or problem anyone knows about or is there just not really any traditions and festivals to speak of?

Thanks!
    Lyssandri wrote: »
    I got Island Living a bit ago and really like it, but have yet to have an Island festivals show up. I also haven't found any way for my Sims to learn about the traditions and culture of the island. Is there some kind of a bug or problem anyone knows about or is there just not really any traditions and festivals to speak of?

Thanks!

They don't show up at all? Or do you just not get notified and miss the festivals? Lots of simmers miss them because there are no notifications for them. I never knew when they were until I downloaded a mod that notified me.
    Monet11 wrote: »

Thanks!

They don't show up at all? Or do you just not get notified and miss the festivals? Lots of simmers miss them because there are no notifications for them. I never knew when they were until I downloaded a mod that notified me.

I've never gotten a notification and have not seen any happening. It's possible I'm missing them because of the lack of notification. Can you tell me what Mod you used? It sounds like it would be handy!

Thanks!

I've never gotten a notification and have not seen any happening. It's possible I'm missing them because of the lack of notification. Can you tell me what Mod you used? It sounds like it would be handy!

Lest you think you have a bug, Island Living does not give notification for festivals in the game. If you want notifications, you have to use a mod. The mod I use is free and can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-island-event-48520871
  • xxboahancockxxboahancock Posts: 21 Member
    Expansion packs are on sale right now! I currently have the City Living EP, any recommendations from you guys on what should I buy next?
    edited November 2021
    @xxboahancock welcome to the forum.

Here are two polls for favorite and least favorite expansion packs.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993278/what-is-your-favorite-expansion-pack/p1

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991512/what-is-your-least-favorite-worst-expansion-pack/p1

Based on the results I would suggest Seasons. 38% said it was their favorite while only 2% said it was their least favorite.

For more info on Seasons check out Carl's Guide.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2021
    Never mind
    Post edited by Greyling on
    Lest you think you have a bug, Island Living does not give notification for festivals in the game. If you want notifications, you have to use a mod. The mod I use is free and can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-island-event-48520871

Thank you very much!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top