Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Thanks for making this thread!

I have not figured out which university degree counts towards the dream home decorator career, or if any degrees even does.
    Do any of you know if there is a degree for that career? :blush:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/degrees.php

its not listed in there so i dunno, maybe Fne Arts ?

I had the same issue, so I chose the one for the Style career? It may be more for fashion, but hey, furniture is to a house as clothes are to the person, right? :open_mouth: I'll see how it works out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2021
    @GirafHuntr That's reassuring. I was concerned because I created some Sims for my game, and moved them into houses. My daughter and I spent quite a bit of time picking houses for them from the Gallery and doing a bit of simple redecorating. I made them playable and gave them careers; I wanted them to be "real" characters with full lives, not unemployed wanderers wearing horribly mismatched "outfits" like your typical Townie.

One day I happened to run into one of my "supporting actors" at the gym...on a day and at a time when I knew a beginning Writer should be at work! Maybe he's working from home today, I thought. I made him active so I could check...nope. He was skipping work for some gym time.

That made me curious, so I checked on the rest of my supporting cast. NONE OF THEM WERE AT WORK!

One was standing stupidly outside his house like a tree or a piece of patio furniture. Another was sitting on her sofa, playing with her phone. Another was at the Blue Velvet, alone except for the mixologist, getting her groove on to the tune of the blues music playing from the speaker. The situation was funny, but on the other hand, Z and I put some effort into creating their world and it was frustrating to see them ignoring the wishes of their creators!

@calaprfy Thanks for that information! I hope the club members will go home and sleep when they're exhausted, rather than continuing to work out for 72 consecutive hours, etc. On another note, I noticed that all the workouts my Sim does with his Powerhouse mates has him seriously ripped. I noticed that when he went for a swim. I didn't remember giving him that much muscle definition. I suppose he would also put on the pounds and get doughy if I had him eat lots of rich food and avoid exercise.

GT has been a lot of fun! My Sims all spend a lot of time in Windenburg, and the Sims who live there are lots of fun to interact with. My "lead" Sim hangs out a lot with Dominic Fyres and is starting to crush on Jade Rosa. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    And here's another one, about dates.

I know that if my Sim asks another Sim for a date, I get a list of objectives to achieve in order to make the date a success.

Suppose another Sim asks mine out. Will they behave as if they have an objective list of their own--socializing with my Sim a certain number of times, using certain romantic interactions--or will my Sim need to take the lead in order to ensure a successful, fun date? Since the other Sim initiated the activity, I feel like playing it cool and getting a feel for what they have in mind, rather than queuing up a bunch of interactions like I might if my Sim had planned the date.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @GirafHuntr That's reassuring. I was concerned because I created some Sims for my game, and moved them into houses. My daughter and I spent quite a bit of time picking houses for them from the Gallery and doing a bit of simple redecorating. I made them playable and gave them careers; I wanted them to be "real" characters with full lives, not unemployed wanderers wearing horribly mismatched "outfits" like your typical Townie.

One day I happened to run into one of my "supporting actors" at the gym...on a day and at a time when I knew a beginning Writer should be at work! Maybe he's working from home today, I thought. I made him active so I could check...nope. He was skipping work for some gym time.

That made me curious, so I checked on the rest of my supporting cast. NONE OF THEM WERE AT WORK!

One was standing stupidly outside his house like a tree or a piece of patio furniture. Another was sitting on her sofa, playing with her phone. Another was at the Blue Velvet, alone except for the mixologist, getting her groove on to the tune of the blues music playing from the speaker. The situation was funny, but on the other hand, Z and I put some effort into creating their world and it was frustrating to see them ignoring the wishes of their creators!

@calaprfy Thanks for that information! I hope the club members will go home and sleep when they're exhausted, rather than continuing to work out for 72 consecutive hours, etc. On another note, I noticed that all the workouts my Sim does with his Powerhouse mates has him seriously ripped. I noticed that when he went for a swim. I didn't remember giving him that much muscle definition. I suppose he would also put on the pounds and get doughy if I had him eat lots of rich food and avoid exercise.

GT has been a lot of fun! My Sims all spend a lot of time in Windenburg, and the Sims who live there are lots of fun to interact with. My "lead" Sim hangs out a lot with Dominic Fyres and is starting to crush on Jade Rosa. :)

Ah yes, well “played” Sims won’t do anything when you’re in a different active household. That’s by design so that there won’t be story progression when you’re not involved. I wouldn’t want my played characters getting promoted and getting married and starting families without me. But they won’t suffer for not being at work while you’re not playing them, they won’t lose their jobs or get demoted. They’ll be exactly where you left them just on a different day.

If your Sims in the household you’re actively playing are supposed to be at school or work, they will go on their own unless something stops them, like being in the middle of a task you assigned them
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    And here's another one, about dates.

I know that if my Sim asks another Sim for a date, I get a list of objectives to achieve in order to make the date a success.

Suppose another Sim asks mine out. Will they behave as if they have an objective list of their own--socializing with my Sim a certain number of times, using certain romantic interactions--or will my Sim need to take the lead in order to ensure a successful, fun date? Since the other Sim initiated the activity, I feel like playing it cool and getting a feel for what they have in mind, rather than queuing up a bunch of interactions like I might if my Sim had planned the date.

If your Sim accepts a date, you’re still in charge of what happens as the active player. If you do nothing, the unplayed Sim will behave autonomously and probably go order themself a drink, or chat with other random NPCs on the lot. Or even worse, start cleaning all the sinks and toilets in the venue. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @GirafHuntr As long as they don't get sacked for their less-than-stellar devotion to their careers, I suppose it's fine. I never envisioned myself playing these Sims; I only took temporary control so I could give them a little more depth. Next time, I won't try that. I also used cheat codes to give them low-level skills, because I learned from a forum member that doing so might lead them to get out and explore more. That worked well--Sims with some Fitness skill jog and go to the gym, etc.

I experimented with the "you asked me out, so let's see what you have in mind" approach, using a save I created just so I can try out different random things. This Sim has attempted to romance a variety of married Sims, combined interactions in unusual ways, and invited himself to other Sims' houses and cooked meals when he got hungry. I decided to see what Angela Pleasant would do if I accepted a date with her and let her do whatever she wanted. Here's what she chose:

1. Catching up on school work. That made some sense.
    2. Breaking awkward silences by saying "Sul sul." To be fair, she did initiate some more meaningful conversation.
    3. Running upstairs to clean a toilet at the Hare and Hedgehog. You called that one! :)

P.S. Random Sim has also heroically extinguished a fire which was threatening to consume Travis Scott and his stove while hanging out at the BFF house.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I have discovered the magic of cc
  • Options
    [quote="NationalPokedex;c-17882817"]Sorting clothing by color in CAS opens my eyes to so many more outfits than when I just am looking at the default swatch because I tend to scroll past clothing if the default swatch is ugly😅.[/quote]

Oh wow I didn't know that you could sort by color! I needed that earlier...
  • Options
    @LynnPlayz1 I've resisted the temptation to use mods so far, because I'm leery of doing something that will mess things up too much. I'm a fan of CC, though. I've been *fairly* restrained with them. I've given makeovers to townies who spawned with ridiculous clothing combinations (my daughter especially enjoys this) and I gave a Sim some extra Simoleons, because I envisioned him as having a little more life experience than a YA who's barely out of school.

I let my daughter give Nancy Landgraab a new look, including a new set of lips and eyebrows that match her hair. That's the most extreme makeover we've attempted.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    @MoonlightGraham I've only gotten a handful of cc so far and don't think that I'll get any more unless I think of something that I really want. I only started using them because I fell in love with the idea of having elf ears.

However, I am interested in one mod that I found, but honestly my laptop could barely handle Sims 4 without any extra content.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @LynnPlayz1 I've resisted the temptation to use mods so far, because I'm leery of doing something that will mess things up too much. I'm a fan of CC, though. I've been *fairly* restrained with them. I've given makeovers to townies who spawned with ridiculous clothing combinations (my daughter especially enjoys this) and I gave a Sim some extra Simoleons, because I envisioned him as having a little more life experience than a YA who's barely out of school.

I let my daughter give Nancy Landgraab a new look, including a new set of lips and eyebrows that match her hair. That's the most extreme makeover we've attempted.

It's always a good idea to start slow on mods/CC, so you're on the right track. Whenever I play a game that's initially unfamiliar to me, I play vanilla until I feel that I've generally learned it, so to speak. Then I mod the heck out of it (including CC) just to please myself. :lol: It's not for everyone, though, because it does take time and some amount of patience to find, collect, and maintain high quality mods and CC that are meaningful to the individual player.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've been watching CallMeKevin playing TS4 on youtube and I really want those murderous mods he uses - but only when this game ceases development. I fully understand why some simmers cannot play without mods. They spice things up!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I am enjoying playing the interior design career in DHD. I haven't had very many bugs, but this last session was a pain. I had 5 clues. 2 were the color blue, 2 were the color yellow, and 1 was the color black. I was not able to get any other information, no matter what I did. Then, one of the clients refused to leave. He spent the day trying to talk to my designer, and trying to watch the TV in the living room that I was remodeling. I was still able to do a successful renovation. This pack could have been awesome. I am sad that it isn't.
  • Options
    I've noticed sims do not practice typing, write jokes or troll forums for long. In my game, they cancel the interaction within seconds.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've noticed sims do not practice typing, write jokes or troll forums for long. In my game, they cancel the interaction within seconds.

@calaprfy I think that may be a bug. I thought they fixed it. I've had sims I told to do things that they instantly cancelled or refused to do.
    There is slime in the ice machine
    maxresdefault.jpg
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Why rental lot can't be off the grid?
  • Options
    Bob Pancakes is, without a doubt, the worst house guest in the history of The Sims.

Bob and Eliza dropped by my new Sims couple's home as part of the Welcome Wagon. During the course of his visit, Bob did the following things:
    • attempt to use my Sims' computer and laptop, until I thwarted him by changing the security settings to block everyone but household members
    • go upstairs and take a bath
    • come back downstairs, take a helping of Pan Fried Tilapia we'd prepared for dinner, and eat it
    • leave the dirty plate on the counter for my Sims to clean up
    • attempt to relieve his Tense mood by going out the back door and ranting, to no avail
    • attempt to relieve his Tense mood by walking upstairs and taking a mud bath, again to no avail
    • come back downstairs in a towel
    • loudly break wind, while standing in my Sims' living room, still wearing the towel (which, incidentally, would belong to my Sims)
    • overstay his welcome and force my Sim to get him to leave with a Mean interaction

Eliza, on the other hand, could not have been a more perfect guest.

My Sims haven't interacted much with Bob before. If this behavior is standard for him, I understand why Eliza tends to flirt with every single male Sim I've ever created. I might also have one of them respond in kind next time... ;)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have a sim with the erratic trait. I took him to the bank to open an account. He showed up on the lot wearing only a pair of shiny, dangling earrings. He was very pleased with himself and spent the entire time grinning ear to ear.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I wish that when you took pictures with other sims, you could change the pose & rotate the camera like you can with selfies. I can’t tell you much time I’ve wasted trying to get my sims to stand in a specific spot & then get the exact pose that I want, lol. I also hate the emotional auras on pictures. I know that you can disable them, but it still bugs me to see them, lol.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Why rental lot can't be off the grid?

Rental lots are "Hard-Coded". Unfortunately.
    I had a mod that allowed rental lots to be residential lots, yet there was "Hard-Coded" rental npcs that used it simultaneously. I gave up on that mod, as interesting as it was.

I am guessing a rental lot can not be "off the grid" because it messes up some of the programming into it. It's supposed to be a "vacation" lot. So has to have the base game unmodified abilities.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Bob Pancakes is, without a doubt, the worst house guest in the history of The Sims.

He keeps showing up at bars all mad and angry and picking fights. LMAO!!!! :D:D:D

Minitaur Guy, (Who was also an NPC in this encounter) was like, "Dude. I think you need to calm down."

ekGKEJU.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I've never played TS2 or TS3 but watched a few videos lately and have to say that even though both games are uglier than TS4, the gameplay seems much better and more creative.
  • Options
    @Admiral8Q I wonder if Bob is angry because Eliza's eye wanders so much, or if Eliza gets her flirt on because Bob is mean to her?

He's the worst kind of crazy if he fails to heed the Minotaur's warning and decides to take him on. You're not Theseus, Bob.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've never played TS2 or TS3 but watched a few videos lately and have to say that even though both games are uglier than TS4, the gameplay seems much better and more creative.

@calaprfy I've played TS3, and there are some aspects of the gameplay I really like. It runs really badly on my laptop, though. I know laptops are far from ideal for gaming purposes, but I was disappointed when TS3 took so long to load and save, and made my laptop run so hot (even with my cooling pad).
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    My gosh the Landgraabs are everywhere. Geoffrey especially. Would've thought that they'd be too busy/uppity to be most of the places they are.
    6Y6GB8R.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top