Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Does anyone have the problem with The Bluffs parties not happening (as well as the Ruins one)? What I mean is I will get an invite to go but if I say yes there is no party and no people. Just me and the sim who invited me, unless they dump me like the usually do, then it's just me.

So no sims, no bar, no DJ booth. Nothing.

I never get invited to the Von Haunt Estate party anymore so I don't know if the problem persists there as well.

I don't use mods or CC and it happens in all saves, old as well as new. It's frustrating and when I google it the only issues that pop up are about how the DJ booth don't show or other related issues that they say are fixed or problems not even posted on the bug forum, so I'm wondering if this is just me?
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • heysaysummerheysaysummer Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope it’s ok to post this here, but I just want to shower some love to two of my favorite packs, City Living and Get Together. Even without mods, they really enhanced my gameplay and overall enjoyment of TS4 because of all the features and locations they bring. Also, is it true that Windenburg’s the largest world so far, or has another world took that title already? Either way, San Myshuno and Windenburg’s really fun.

(Just want to let that out lol)
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Uaexep wrote: »
    What is the weirdest retail/store idea you've had in TS4 (and implemented it)?

I tried to sell off a bunch of rotten food. Didn't turn out well. You think the fishes would be ok to mount on a wall or something.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @JackOnYourBack I've had the same thing. So far it seems that if the invite comes too early in the day, the party isn't happening yet. The invites don't come often enough to really test though.

gen3-banner.png
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I hope it’s ok to post this here, but I just want to shower some love to two of my favorite packs, City Living and Get Together. Even without mods, they really enhanced my gameplay and overall enjoyment of TS4 because of all the features and locations they bring. Also, is it true that Windenburg’s the largest world so far, or has another world took that title already? Either way, San Myshuno and Windenburg’s really fun.

(Just want to let that out lol)

@heysaysummer I've had fun with Get Together since I bought it. I've barely skimmed the surface of what I can do with the club system, but even without using it extensively, I've loved having Windenburg in my Simworld.

I started to truly appreciate City Living fairly recently. I hadn't explored its features too much; I sent Sims to festivals there, and that was about it. Now that I've put some of the Sims I created into apartments there, I have a much better sense of how cool San Myshuno is.

I'm pretty sure Windenburg is still the largest world. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

And, welcome to the forum!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I aged up a toddler to a child and he had both the happy toddler and top-notch toddler traits. I thought they could only have one of these?
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    @JackOnYourBack I've had the same thing. So far it seems that if the invite comes too early in the day, the party isn't happening yet. The invites don't come often enough to really test though.

Hm. I'm pretty sure I've stayed til daybreak at least a couple of times already but I'll be sure to stay as long as possible next time to see if it will start at some point, thanks!
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
    edited September 2021
    @JackOnYourBack I tried that. I think if you arrive at the lot too early in the day, the party never starts no matter how long you wait. So those too-early invites just don't work. Whereas if you get an invite that's at the right time, it works properly. But I could be wrong.

Edit: I did find a lonely one-post bug report thread here, feel free to add your info
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Party-invites-but-no-party/td-p/9775400
    gen3-banner.png
  • heysaysummerheysaysummer Posts: 5 New Member
    > @MoonlightGraham said:
    > @heysaysummer I've had fun with Get Together since I bought it. I've barely skimmed the surface of what I can do with the club system, but even without using it extensively, I've loved having Windenburg in my Simworld.
    >
    > I started to truly appreciate City Living fairly recently. I hadn't explored its features too much; I sent Sims to festivals there, and that was about it. Now that I've put some of the Sims I created into apartments there, I have a much better sense of how cool San Myshuno is.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure Windenburg is still the largest world. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    >
    > And, welcome to the forum!

@MoonlightGraham Glad to know you’re enjoying these packs, too! I haven’t played around much with the clubs yet myself, but Windenburg feels like such a solid world that I don’t feel I’m missing out on much. And I hope you enjoy exploring what San Myshuno can offer and find something fitting to your gameplay :smiley: Personally, I just never seem to get bored there because of the routine festivals, apartment challenges, and the joy of fighting with noisy neighbors lol, so I hope you can find something for yourself in it, too.

Also thank you for the greeting!
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member

Okay.... this is super weird and random lol

go2zfS5.jpg

Cats inviting themselves in, and politely saying goodbye when they're done.
    ...I did not "hang out" with them though. :joy:
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Okay.... this is super weird and random lol

go2zfS5.jpg

Cats inviting themselves in, and politely saying goodbye when they're done.
    ...I did not "hang out" with them though. :joy:

That is the most un-catlike behavior I've ever seen. :lol:
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    What is the weirdest retail/store idea you've had in TS4 (and implemented it)?

My only retail establishment is a gas station/mini-mart.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Best feeling. Waking up and realizing you have nothing scheduled and can sim all day long. ☺️
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2021
    Being able to place a lot on a smaller lot size and just crop it to fit has to be one of the most undervalued features of 4. Not sure what the situation is with 2 but I've been playing 3 and it's infuriating how often you'll find a small house, but its built on a big lot, so even though the house could very easily fit on a small plot you just cannot place it :s
    For example this is a lot I found which is 40x40.

Screenshot-152.jpg

The actual house could fit on a 15x25 lot, half the size, but you just can't put it there. Meanwhile in 4 you could just place it on a smaller lot with no issue at all and the game easily lets you do that. It's a really game saving feature to have

(Sorry if this is sort of the wrong place but I have no idea where the best place to put this is since it's a complaint on one game and a positive of another)
  • totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    > @Justin said:
    > Totally random question: can uni sims vacation & not worry about going to class while vacationing ?

i tried and it didnt work
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited September 2021
    totasims wrote: »
    > @Justin said:
    > Totally random question: can uni sims vacation & not worry about going to class while vacationing ?

i tried and it didnt work

Nope! If you want them to just skip class on their vacation, and they only go for a day or two, and you still have them do all their homework as well as completing papers/presentations/final exams, they will probably still get good grades. I don't think skipping one day of each class, for example, would have a huge impact on their final score.

ETA: If you have a bunch of students together and you only bring some of them on the vacation, the ones you leave at home would probably continue going to class but wouldn't do any extra work. So they might be impacted more.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm beginning to think that befriending birds/rabbits is not rewarding if sims live outside HoB.
    Here's a new random question.

Is there a way to identify the items (furniture, appliances, etc.) that are included on a lot when I'm looking at it in Build mode?

Example: I'm looking at a house, and there's a bedroom with a small bed. I'm wondering if it's suitable for a Toddler, or if I'll have to swap it for another one. I can't tell unless I find the matching item in the grid that shows the things I can add. That's tedious, and I sometimes don't get the match right. Is there a better way?

Thanks, in advance.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited September 2021
    @MoonlightGraham Use the eyedropper (type E) and click the item in question. It will then show in the menu.

gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite Thanks for the hint! I found that if I click on the eyedropper and mouse over the item, its name will show up. That's even easier!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I've just finished watching 6 seasons of Downton Abbey plus the movie. It was wonderful! I loved Anna and Mr. Bates and now I absolutely have to have them in my game. Maybe also Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess. She was hilarious. If I'm lucky someone will have already created and uploaded them to the Gallery.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Really wishing some things were official careers in this game, even if we can still earn money from it.

Being a hairstylist/nail artist/beautician is basically possible except that there is no beauty salon lot type and no official career. I wish we would get a career and also a university degree. We already have the hairstylist chair from gf and now manicures and pedicures from spa day refresh.

Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • mrtnsabmrtnsab Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2021
    Ok, but can we get a compact vinyl player? The only record player we currently have is that one from Get Famous, which is huge and not very versatile. I just want a simple table record player, and/or one of those floor ones with speakers. It would look so cool in so many builds... Hope we get one of those in a future pack.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2021
    If I had known it was possible for this to float off the grid, I would have deleted all of these float lounge chairs from this beach.
    Float-Lounger-off-grid.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I have one chicken that's adult forever, why? Bug?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top