Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    My gosh the Landgraabs are everywhere. Geoffrey especially. Would've thought that they'd be too busy/uppity to be most of the places they are.

@jheyjuneice Tell me about it! I don't see Malcolm very often, but Geoffrey and Nancy are omnipresent. My daughter fixed* Nancy's lips simply because our Sims see her everywhere they are. My Sulani Sim even saw Geoffrey running on the beach there, wearing his signature baseball cap and cargo shorts.

*It's probably more accurate to say she restored Nancy's lips to their natural size and shape...
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    @MoonlightGraham The vivid flashbacks of Geoffrey's cap and shorts! I did end up editing them both since I saw them everywhere. They particularly love to walk past my sims' house in Newcrest. If it's not them then it's Clara Bjergsen, busy lady apparently.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    @jheyjuneice I see Clara a lot, too. She came to the hospital where my intern Sim was working on Monday and Tuesday, presenting different symptoms. That happened after my Sim saw her snowboarding at Mt. Komorebi on Sunday. Bjorn doesn't show up quite as frequently, unless my Sims are fishing. That activity seems to draw Mr. Bjergsen in every time.

I sometimes wonder how the Bjergsen girls are able to wander around during school hours. In fact, all the Sim kids do that.

(Can you tell we were having fun trying out the features in two particular expansion packs?) :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Thank you for this thread :) I wanted to avoid making my own thread for this issue I'm having.

Onto the question...
    I don't build from scratch in TS4. I often take builds from the gallery or EA builds and make them my own instead. There's a gallery build I'm currently trying to remodel (It's called Unfurnished Basegame Farm) and for some reason, I'm not able to change some of the roof trims. Not all trims are like this but some of them it's like they aren't even there because I can't change the color/style nor can I sledgehammer it. If someone experienced with building can help me out I would be so grateful. :tired_face:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited July 2021
    I tested the one by kenyacovet but could not replicate. One thing I can think about is that the roof trims that are for the actual roof can be applied to vertical walls as well as the roof line, just like the friezes and exterior trims, and the former I could not sledgehammer, but I could exchange the style/colour of them when choosing the roof trim.
    Another thing is that sometimes the game becomes unresponsive like that when I build for a long time, but a reload fixes it.
    I did get the new in-game pop-up that the build was built using moo, which sometimes can create problems. I did not enable moo.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2021
    I tested the one by kenyacovet but could not replicate. One thing I can think about is that the roof trims that are for the actual roof can be applied to vertical walls as well as the roof line, just like the friezes and exterior trims, and the former I could not sledgehammer, but I could exchange the style/colour of them when choosing the roof trim.
    Another thing is that sometimes the game becomes unresponsive like that when I build for a long time, but a reload fixes it.
    I did get the new in-game pop-up that the build was built using moo, which sometimes can create problems. I did not enable moo.

Thank you so much for checking this out for me. That's very nice of you.
    a180cc54b91faf59113ad38cc045b89c67ee5279r1-320-270_00.gif
    I eventually figured it out. Closing the game and relaunching I'm sure did help. With big lots + running the game for a while, I agree, it can cause issues... but also I think I could have been mixing up room trim / foundation trim. It looks like a foundation slab was used to make the front and back roofs of the barn. Basically what you described. I did make sure to place the lot with MOO but there may be a glitch that causes that message to pop up with all gallery lots no matter if it was used or the cheats already in place.

Happy Simming <3
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Here are a few questions about household pets in Henford-on-Bagley:

1. I know pet dogs will chase foxes away from your chicken coop. Does it matter what kind of dog you have? A Yorkshire Terrier or a Toy Poodle probably shouldn't mess with a fox in real life. Maybe it doesn't matter in the Simiverse.
    2. Do dogs bother bunnies or wild birds?
    3. How about pet cats? Will they hunt the bunnies and birds who might be helping out with your garden? And will a fox try to harm your cat?
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Of all the doors in this game, why can't this door be locked? What the heck?
    7yw0mN6.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Windenburg could have had its own location aspiration. One of the tasks could have been "take photo of sea monster".
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Michael Bell loves to cook on the grill in the area with the lighted trees in Bramblewood. My sim found 27 servings of hamburgers and plantain that he had made. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just how he passes the time. Maybe he is feeding the foxes and rabbits. But if your sim is starving, I would check here in the evening for food.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love messing with Premade Sims relationships. XD

I just broke up Siobhan Fyres and Sergio Romeo because I wanted my single father Sim to start a relationship with Siobhan. I would have let him stay single but he has the Big Happy Family aspiration so unless he adopts, he's going to need someone to procreate with and Siobhan is pretty so yeah...

Yeah, that sounded shallow, but whatever. XD
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Narwhals don't actually have arms...
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2021
    *Deleted*
    Post edited by SimDork23 on
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I'm watching Bill and Ted face the music and I forgot as a teen how much I absolutely love this movie. I think once my game reinstalls I'm going to have to make Bill Ted and Rufus
  • Options
    Random question time...

I have a number of fun households in my gallery that I've created for different saves: singles, couples, families, you name it. I know I can move any or all of them into houses in my current save, and they'll become part of the story. Then I can make them playable and steer their destinies, or rotate to them and turn them into the main characters of the story.

Is there a way to add them to the group of random townies who are in the Currently Not In World category? I'd like to see them turn up at festivals, pubs, etc. If there is a way to do that, I've missed it.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Random question time...

I have a number of fun households in my gallery that I've created for different saves: singles, couples, families, you name it. I know I can move any or all of them into houses in my current save, and they'll become part of the story. Then I can make them playable and steer their destinies, or rotate to them and turn them into the main characters of the story.

Is there a way to add them to the group of random townies who are in the Currently Not In World category? I'd like to see them turn up at festivals, pubs, etc. If there is a way to do that, I've missed it.

I believe if you install them in your game but you can have them not in world and favorited to keep them from being called and not taking up any real estate. Put them into a blank lot and evict them and that should put them in your household management
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I was doing a task/errand thing for the grocery woman, I think her name is Kim Goldbloom, she wanted a single serving of Beef Wellington and Cheese. I cooked both of those, but it says I was missing the cheese. :|
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    I believe if you install them in your game but you can have them not in world and favorited to keep them from being called and not taking up any real estate. Put them into a blank lot and evict them and that should put them in your household management

@pendragon1980 Thanks for the quick response and the suggestion. I'll give that a try and see if it works.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    I was doing a task/errand thing for the grocery woman, I think her name is Kim Goldbloom, she wanted a single serving of Beef Wellington and Cheese. I cooked both of those, but it says I was missing the cheese. :|

I think the cheese default is a multiple serving. Try to grab a serving and cancel out the interaction and pull it to your inventory it should look like a slice of cake.
  • Options

@pendragon1980 Thanks for the quick response and the suggestion. I'll give that a try and see if it works.

That's what I usually do I have characters from various Sims games and some TV shows I like and they are all in the played category but not in world. I don't think it guarantees you'll see them every time but it gives them a chance
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Since I bought Island Living, the Sims I used to see working out at the gyms have been largely replaced by Sulanians. Makoa Kealoha is almost always there. So are Kalamainu'u Iona, Oliana Ngata, Nalani Mahi'ai, and the ubiquitous Paka'a Uha. My Sim has become really good friends with Makoa, since they often chat during and after their workouts.

I don't seem to see the Heckings, Don Lothario, or the formerly-everpresent Eliza Pancakes in the gyms anymore.

Have any of you seen something like this happen?
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Since I bought Island Living, the Sims I used to see working out at the gyms have been largely replaced by Sulanians. Makoa Kealoha is almost always there. So are Kalamainu'u Iona, Oliana Ngata, Nalani Mahi'ai, and the ubiquitous Paka'a Uha. My Sim has become really good friends with Makoa, since they often chat during and after their workouts.

I don't seem to see the Heckings, Don Lothario, or the formerly-everpresent Eliza Pancakes in the gyms anymore.

I think things go missing after a while. I have no mud puddles or the I'm A Bear phase in my game now.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I think things go missing after a while. I have no mud puddles or the I'm A Bear phase in my game now.

Perhaps that's it. I'll quote my daughter here, though. "Who says to themselves, 'I think I'll leave my island paradise so I can run on a treadmill.'"
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

I usually see the Sulani residents you mention at the gym. I don't think I have ever seen Eliza at the gym. I know that she was never a regular. She does show up at bars and nightclubs often. Same with Don, although he does occasionally go to the gym. The Heckings never go anywhere in my game.
  • Options
    Monet11 wrote: »
    usually see the Sulani residents you mention at the gym. I don't think I have ever seen Eliza at the gym. I know that she was never a regular. She does show up at bars and nightclubs often. Same with Don, although he does occasionally go to the gym. The Heckings never go anywhere in my game.

@Monet11 I think it must be a case of adding more worlds and, along with them, more Sims. When I had only the base game, if I sent my Sim to the gym in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, I'd see Don, Eliza, Brent & Brant, etc. spawn there. The game wasn't going to let my Sim work out in an empty gym. When I added Get Together, Marcus Flex and Paolo Rocca joined the workout crew. Island Living added another group of fitness junkies.

There's probably some code in the game that gives each pre-made Sim "preferred" places to spawn and hang out. If it needs to send 10 Sims to Movers and Shakers because my active Sim is there, it must go down the list and find the 10 with the highest "score" for liking the gym. Somebody like Don, who would prefer to go to a club, gets pulled in if there aren't enough workout junkies to fill the slots...but he'll always be first pick if the game needs to spawn Sims at the disco.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top