Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day refresh

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Whacky theory:

What if this tweet that Ninja posted right after the stream is referring to Juice Cleanses or something like that. Or juist 'clean' eating in general. They mentioned that kind of gameplay in a survey once for the community Stuff Pack, if I remember correctly. They could add blenders and juice recipes to go with the rest of Spa Day.

It probably means nothing though..

I guess they could revisit the idea of plant-based milk, adding almonds and/or other harvestables, which was also part of that survey, and was definitely a hot topic of discussion recently because of the way CoL handled plant milk.

Aside from that, I dearly love Spa Day, and hope any changes to it would be simple additions and not mess too much with a good thing.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    They could add a little dragon masseuse to walk over your back to help you relax, or use its fire to heat up saunas. You could even teach your dragon the Wellness skill to help it deal with its temper.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Maybe they are just adding some new swatches, or updating the hairstyles.

Yeah I think it's more something like that, we shouldn't except much from them.

I don't consider that a refresh of a pack. They could add swatches to hairs thru an update but in a pack refresh I'd expect something ground breaking.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Going off if Spa Day is the pack to refresh I think the following could be added:

-Adding elements from the Clean Living Stuff pack which was in the survey like the blender.
    -An easily stressed (or something that brings out the tense moodlet more)
    -Vegan trait (though that should probably be patched into the base game.)
    -A "Self Love" aspiration.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm glad they're fixing the packs, but this is making me pretty worried that they'll waste the opportunity on packs that don't really need it because they feel like adding some spa themed stuff rather than fixing bugs. In an ideal world they'd improve every single one but I doubt that so it's very disappointing to see resources wasted on a pack that doesn't really need improvement. Spa Day is one of the few packs that it's like "Yeah I'd be happy to get new stuff" but it's not really gonna make much of a difference to anything

calaprfy wrote: »
    Dine Out needs burning down to the ground and rebuilding.

Dine Out is great apart from the bugs. I think if they fixed those everyone else would enjoy it as well as the actual mechanics are pretty solid and it's fun to play with. Dine Out and DHD should be the priority to be fixed as they're both bugged as heck
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I afraid that they can only add a possibility to own SPA as you can have restaurant.
  • Options
    f4vrielf4vriel Posts: 2 New Member
    Lot traits/challenges didn't exist back when Spa Day got released, so I would definitely expect some additions in that area. Other than that I'd expect stuff that would be easy to implement due to already existing mechanics, for example I don't think it would take much resources to create a spa worker active career
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    -An easily stressed (or something that brings out the tense moodlet more)

Oh, god, no, the last thing we need is more tense moodlets.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I feel Spa Day was used as a meme and not a hint for the updated game pack.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited August 2021
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Maybe they are just adding some new swatches, or updating the hairstyles.

Yeah I think it's more something like that, we shouldn't except much from them.

I don't consider that a refresh of a pack. They could add swatches to hairs thru an update but in a pack refresh I'd expect something ground breaking.

Interesting. We have completely different points of view regarding what a refresh is. I see a refresh as something small, to make minor changes that give the illusion of making a bigger impact that what it actually does. Or something to add newer, but small, elements to create better cohesion with later packs. In addition to swatches and reworking hair, things like adding a new trait, new recipes, or perhaps adding some challenges fit into my idea of something minor. For something groundbreaking, I would use the term "rework" instead of "refresh". But that's just semantics. And that's just me. Perhaps the devs share your definition of what a refresh is. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to more content. I would much prefer they do something grand with Outdoor Retreat than Spa Day. I don't think Spa Day needs very much, hence my leaning to "refresh" being a smaller thing.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I feel Spa Day was used as a meme and not a hint for the updated game pack.

There is a chance of that. And I hope you are correct, as I think Spa Day doesn't need the attention that other packs do.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2021
    Crazy out of all the packs they would pick Spa Day one of the most complete themes seriously the only thing I'd want more with this pack is the ability to have a spa lot within a motel lot or add in a epilation if they gave us body hair.

If they were going to fix a game pack how about Outdoor Retreat a camping world with no swimmable water is pretty sad. They could add in a summer camp option for kids or give us hiking trails like they did in Snowy Escape there's just nothing to do when you go camping.

Now if any pack needs updating its Get to Work as it needs a complete overhaul on retail I'm truly surprised if this was done by vote and people actually picked Spa Day its crazy to me. Our retail is seriously a tablet because animating a cash register was to hard and a mannequin.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'm having so much fun with this pack despite the awful lot of mods being broken.

Most of the bug reports I've seen so far are acutally mod related and this time around, there have been some changes to the tuning files that are extremely hard to catch, like changes of just one word in very long tuning files.
    For instance, the word penalty has been changed to posture_costs and threshold to distance_threshold. Even when checking all of your mods as a modder, these are just far to easy to overlook when you are browsing through more than 1000 lines of tuning for an average single mod.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Actually, every refresh is very welcome!
    It would be more than appreciated and like a natural way for things to "grow".
    TS4 BG and its first expansions were really raw and the team refining them and upgrading them (like all, not just one or two) would be amazing.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I would love if the water in Granite Falls was swimmable, if there was a group hiking interaction that could happen there, and if the insects spawned not just in that vacation world but throughout all worlds.

I'm pretty sure none of these will happen because all of it would require to fiddle with an already existing world. They made rather clear that they will not do that. The refresh will probably extend on non-world-related gameplay but on gameplay that can be changed without redoing the world that came with the respective pack.

As it seems, this will only be the first refresh, so they obviously plan to do more in the future (unless those refreshes are badly received, that is).

I think the refresh will be a free basegame update, so I wonder if this will be the end of other free base game additions except for those that come with the release of a new pack for all players.

But they have already fiddled with base game updates giving us a summer session and putting skating rinks in the basegame worlds. I don’t see why they can’t make the water swimmable in an update to a game pack, or basegame. They have also made it where we can put easels down places to paint, and bar-b-que’s down to cook, things like that.

I personally hope they update the plants to get rid of the buggy dirt piles.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I would love if the water in Granite Falls was swimmable, if there was a group hiking interaction that could happen there, and if the insects spawned not just in that vacation world but throughout all worlds.

I'm pretty sure none of these will happen because all of it would require to fiddle with an already existing world. They made rather clear that they will not do that. The refresh will probably extend on non-world-related gameplay but on gameplay that can be changed without redoing the world that came with the respective pack.

As it seems, this will only be the first refresh, so they obviously plan to do more in the future (unless those refreshes are badly received, that is).

I think the refresh will be a free basegame update, so I wonder if this will be the end of other free base game additions except for those that come with the release of a new pack for all players.

But they have already fiddled with base game updates giving us a summer session and putting skating rinks in the basegame worlds. I don’t see why they can’t make the water swimmable in an update to a game pack, or basegame. They have also made it where we can put easels down places to paint, and bar-b-que’s down to cook, things like that.

I personally hope they update the plants to get rid of the buggy dirt piles.

Because adding swimmable water involves changing what areas are accessible to the sims, changing the "map" more, which has more chance of breaking things by adding new routing.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I made a poll on which pack needs improving the most on the pack section, and so far out of 105 votes, Spa Day has zero
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I made a poll on which pack needs improving the most on the pack section, and so far out of 105 votes, Spa Day has zero

In my opinion this is because SPA Day doesn't really need a refresh but to be implemented.
    OUTDOOR RETREAT and DINE OUT really need to be refreshed. Especially the last one, as you still cannot own and work in your own restaurant.
    And if in a future they are going to refresh EP, GET TO WORK really needs a reboot.

But going back to GPs, I see SPA Day easily implemented with a kit or stuff pack.

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    Im not sure why theres even a debate about whether spa day needs a refresh or not, they literally said *every* pack is getting looked at, they even specifically named the pack that literally just came out among them in the stream. And the oldest packs definitely need a facelift by virtue of simply being older. Being good or not, buggy or not doesnt really matter. Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat are obviously getting looked at too since they fall under "every pack" lol Unless im missing something and they somehow dont count as Sims packs 🙄🤭

Starting with the oldest packs makes the most sense so Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day and Get to Work are probably going to get the first of any updates. Dine Out came out pretty early in this series too so its not like you'd have to wait long for that either. In fact it directly followed Spa Day and Get Together so it'll still probably be in the first 5 to get fixed.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    If it's Spa Day I hope they make it an ownable business. That would open up to more gameplay.

If it's outdoor retreat I hope they make a section on the neighbourhood screen where we can click on it, like a normal world, and edit lots as much as we like without the need for cheats. So you could have a sim live there even.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Paralee wrote: »
    Im not sure why theres even a debate about whether spa day needs a refresh or not, they literally said *every* pack is getting looked at, they even specifically named the pack that literally just came out among them in the stream. And the oldest packs definitely need a facelift by virtue of simply being older. Being good or not, buggy or not doesnt really matter. Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat are obviously getting looked at too since they fall under "every pack" lol Unless im missing something and they somehow dont count as Sims packs 🙄🤭

Starting with the oldest packs makes the most sense so Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day and Get to Work are probably going to get the first of any updates. Dine Out came out pretty early in this series too so its not like you'd have to wait long for that either. In fact it directly followed Spa Day and Get Together so it'll still probably be in the first 5 to get fixed.

My guess is as well they might be using Spa Day to test the waters and see if it increases sales.

Out of the 3 earliest Game Packs Spa Day is the one that arguably isn't broken from the ground up and doesn't need "substantial" improvements.

Dine Out at this stage is severely buggy, at this stage the core structure needs to be fixed before adding anything to it.
    Outdoor Retreat is severely lacking on gameplay and the option to add vacation worlds has made Granite Falls a little redundant. I'd say Outdoor Retreat needs more than a small refresh.

I'm not a game developer but my guess is they have things to add to Spa Day, see how well it is received and also see if sales get boosted to see how worthy a venture it is to do the rest?
  • Options
    Crimson_Angel_41Crimson_Angel_41 Posts: 24 Member
    the need a pack specifically related to 6 flags or any big amusement park exspasion packs
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Despite showing its age in certain ways, Spa Day has very little that's actually wrong with it. Which makes it much easier to 'fix'. Oh, some of the graphics could use a touch-up, and objects need bringing up to date with expansion packs - which is probably all they plan to do.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Despite showing its age in certain ways, Spa Day has very little that's actually wrong with it. Which makes it much easier to 'fix'. Oh, some of the graphics could use a touch-up, and objects need bringing up to date with expansion packs - which is probably all they plan to do.

Yeah. Though I hope they add an aspiration - the game has a serious shortage of fitness aspirations (one BG, one from SE).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    torieggtoriegg Posts: 5 New Member
    I think it's OR. The features in that pack are almost invisible.