Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day refresh

Comments

• Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I doubt it'll be spa day just because it's too obvious, and they are good at surprising us.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't know of we know which pack is being refreshed but like I honestly don't get why anyone would think it is Spa Day when the pack is literally perfect. It doesn't feel like a stuff pack at all and it is not buggy at all either.
    The only thing that I can think of could be added is that our sims could be the yoga teachers or masseus' when they hit level 10 in the wellness skill though that is not really essential for me to have that in my game.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They're probably working their way backwards. Like, Spa Day will be the oldest pack they'll refresh, and then we'll get the next-oldest.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • StarratsStarrats Posts: 288 Member
    Spa day refresh was just leaked, we are getting nails :o
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Angie1301 wrote: »
    I doubt it'll be spa day just because it's too obvious, and they are good at surprising us.

Surprise its spa day 🤣
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • I'm guessing making money from doing yoga will be the same as making money from snowboarding in snowy escape
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I hope nails aren't locked to spa's and there also in CAS.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member

The music choice for the trailer feels a bit out of place compared to the kid friendly stuff we're used to, lol?

The music choice for the trailer feels a bit out of place compared to the kid friendly stuff we're used to, lol?

I'm personally side eyeing why they chose that particular music when they focused on nails, after having to be harassed to fix skin tones. Seems a bit... racially stereotypical to me
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I'm most excited about the money making opportunities, traveling yoga and spa treatments. This is going to be so useful.

I personally thought the music fit those nails lol. Most people feel like bad bees with their claws on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Well,people were asking for more adult stuff so they said here!! Take it!! Lol🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Paralee wrote: »

I'm personally side eyeing why they chose that particular music when they focused on nails, after having to be harassed to fix skin tones. Seems a bit... racially stereotypical to me

Not particularly. A lot of black simmers were asking for content like this. As I am a part of a lot of urban cc patreons and tumblrs.
    (The only places to get authentically nice urban cc)
    And in the last few streams black simmers were begging for a Nikki Minaj pack lol. Like... A LOT... 😅😅😅
    And although any and everybody can and do wear nails, I see it's particularly popular in the black community. So if anything they are making them feel more included with urban culture. And they were certainly happy about it in the livestream! 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited September 2021
    Paralee wrote: »

Not particularly. A lot of black simmers were asking for content like this. As I am a part of a lot of urban cc patreons and tumblrs.
    (The only places to get authentically nice urban cc)
    And in the last few streams black simmers were begging for a Nikki Minaj pack lol. Like... A LOT... 😅😅😅
    And although any and everybody can and do wear nails, I see it's particularly popular in the black community. So if anything they are making them feel more included with urban culture. And they were certainly happy about it in the livestream! 😁

Thats good to hear! I dont wanna side eye them cause this is such a good refresh. After i wrote that i watched the livestream they just did and they included ebonix and she apparently made the nails so thats really really cool for her im glad shes getting her due
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Can't wait to take my female sims to the spa to get their nails done. Wonder if they will look chipped after a while, or they will just revert to standard, no nails sim look.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Can't wait to take my female sims to the spa to get their nails done. Wonder if they will look chipped after a while, or they will just revert to standard, no nails sim look.

They said in the livestream that if you apply the nails via CAS, they'll stay perfect. If you apply them in game at a spa, they'll need maintenance, but you get some extra buffs and interactions.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

They said in the livestream that if you apply the nails via CAS, they'll stay perfect. If you apply them in game at a spa, they'll need maintenance, but you get some extra buffs and interactions.

Maintenance will be fun. When my sims will get those calls about parties at the bluffs or bear nights at the bar, they will be like, sorry, can't I'm at the spa getting my nails done! See ya. :lol:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Oh, and while I'm usure about the longer nails that come specifically with the Spa Day refresh, we're also getting base game nail options for everyone. (Toddlers on up, both body types.)
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

That's actually pretty cool, I've never really visited spas but this will give me a reason to use them now.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2021
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have been waiting for this for some time now, long fingernails. Painted long fingernails finally! :)
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    But for real, pet grooming would be great.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Ok, now that we are finally getting nails (claws) do you think we might actually get a Werewolf Gameplay Pack this fall?
    Yay, I know I'm reaching, but I'm also hoping. :p
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Ok, now that we are finally getting nails (claws) do you think we might actually get a Werewolf Gameplay Pack this fall?
    Yay, I know I'm reaching, but I'm also hoping. :p

We did get teeth right before Vampires…
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm sure there's a million things the Devs want to do that they're not being allowed to.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.