Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day refresh

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I'm confused where did they say it was spa day?

I think it was the use of "relaxing refresh", probably relates to Spa Day the most.

That could also mean Outdoor Retreat.
    Island Living needs a refresh. I'm hoping to see it refreshed before TS4 ends.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Maybe it’s Outdoor Retreat, and they’re updating it so you can hike, swim, and live in the world! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Maybe it’s Outdoor Retreat, and they’re updating it so you can hike, swim, and live in the world! ❤️

And hammocks.
    edited August 2021
    They could update Spa Day by adding hotels.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Dine Out needs a major patch, not a "refresh." To me, refresh suggests updating and adding elements so that the pack will be on par current production offerings and play nicely with the existing gameplay. Spa Day is pretty great on its own, but Outdoor Retreat is, IMO, really weak. I only got it after owning Seasons, and I could not understand why everyone liked it so much when trying to find all the plants was such a pain. I made the mistake of sending my first sims there for Winterfest, which was such a bust.

With Cottage Living's focus on farming, it would make more sense to update Outdoor Retreat to integrate better with current gardening systems. It would also be much easier to add in hiking like from Snowy Escape; if they attached it to an catalog item like a tip board or the info booth in Granite Falls it shouldn't interfere with the existing world.

• ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    One thing I can think of if it is Spa Day is a career that uses the wellness skill, even just a third branch to the culinary career (as a nutritionist) or athletic career (as a wellness guru).

Maybe health smoothies as well.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Maybe they are just adding some new swatches, or updating the hairstyles.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 115 Member
    edited August 2021
    They could update Spa Day by adding hotels.

I would love this
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    edited August 2021
    Or they could update OR by adding hotels, horses, fairies and werewolves + 5 new hidden locations.

Hm, j/k :smile: ) I don't expect EP size of a "refresh". Remember, we've even got those mini Kits packs, and EA might like to make some money, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I think spa day is one of the better game packs that works exactly as it’s supposed to. The only thing I thought was missing was a trait. But now that my sim can like wellness I’m okay with it.

It seems an odd choice.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I think spa day is one of the better game packs that works exactly as it’s supposed to. The only thing I thought was missing was a trait. But now that my sim can like wellness I’m okay with it.

It seems an odd choice.

I think it would have been nice if sims could earn money as massage therapists and yoga teachers, or even own a spa venue. They put a lot of emphasis on the pub owners from cottage living, so maybe they are doing something towards creating more jobs and assigning NPCs in certain jobs. I find it funny that they decided to re-fresh a gamepack, especially when they confirmed that they will not revisit older worlds to add swimmable water to them, which is a much requested feature, so this re-fresh it's probably just groundwork that they need to do in preparation for some future packs or updates.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited August 2021
    Spa Day is afaik the only game pack which features neither a special gameplay mechanic nor a destination world.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I am leaning towards it being Outdoor Retreat as well. It is one of the older packs, so if they were going to refresh or reintegrate packs, it would make more sense to start with that one. I wouldn't even be upset if they did.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2021
    I was hoping either Outdoor retreat or Dine out - OR is pretty empty for a game pack if you compare it to other packs. I'd want them to update the world so you can live there and maybe add some more gameplay, like being able to hike with sims together for instance.
    Dine out could use an update where you can actually cook and do the other roles in the restaurant that you own, similar to how sims 2 had it.
    But there's definitely a lot of the game packs that could use an update.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2021
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Maybe they are just adding some new swatches, or updating the hairstyles.

Yeah I think it's more something like that, we shouldn't except much from them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited August 2021
    Maxis would have to start with overhauling the base pack first wouldn't they?

I'd say Cool Kitchen Stuff could be the Stuff pack that most needs updating. It isn't one of the best for content is it? They could use it for better choosing/routing between sinks, washing up, dishwashing and washing machines from later packs.

I love Spa Day. Spas are one of the best things to add to any world in my opinion. Especially Sulani as you can even get Sims to spend their holidays in a spa with a few additions like a bed and better kitchen, with the added sea bathing as an extra! Any new additions to that would be fine by me.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    In my opinion Spa Day is the least impressive Game Pack, it is basically a pack with a new skill complete with a new lot type and gameplay objects for that skill, that's not me saying that it's bad, but Outdoor Retreat in comparison added a new skill, rental lots (now base game), gameplay objects associated with the theme, as well as a new world, so everything Spa Day has plus a new world essentially. Saying that, Spa Day also feels very much complete in my opinion, the pack serves it's purpose of providing a spa with related activities, what more could they do? Only thing that comes to mind is making it an available ownable business like restaurants and vets.
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    If the pig has shown up again, are we all checking the Future Cube for hints?

Last night I was thinking about how much I personally disliked the interior decorator career in Sims 3 (not my thing), so I won't buy the Dream Home Decorator pack. S3 Ambitions included that career along with hair stylists, and teachers. Do you think they are going to add salons and a new hair stylist career to Spa Day?

I would love to see a career that made use of the Wellness skill. I have played several Sims who would have enjoyed that career route.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm a bit confused why they chose this pack. Maybe I haven't played it enough but to me it seems to be fine as it is. I would of preferred Dine Out to be updated so my sims can go out for a meal and it not take almost the entire day.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The photo from Spa Day is IMO a joke about ironing out the kinks. I think it could be about any pack. I like Spa Day and I like adding new features so hopefully I'll be happy with it. I remember voting for an update for Outdoor Retreat. I would guess that and Del Sol Valley are probably the most requested aside from supernatural updates.

Dine Out needs major bug fixes. If they want to modernize Dine Out though, I'll be happy. I mostly use the pack to add restaurants into worlds but it has been buggy.

Spa Day added features that I use a lot and I like having playable spas. The Maxis lots that came with were good and I still use several.

The pre-made update is more for other people than for me because I don't focus on that but some players do. I'm at a point at which I am almost playing without pre-mades at all. I added some from GT when I started playing but they have mostly died out or are elders at this point. If I play any new games, I'll probably make my own sims.

As long as updates don't "break" the game for me, I'll be fine. Higher bills are more for other players than for me, for example, so I sometimes use cheats now that bills are higher if the billing seems excessive to me. I say that because they increased the cost of bills which was more for other types of players than me. Rags to riches is a very valid playstyle and I've played it at times but not always or even most of the time.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I think the best changes they could make for Outdoor Retreat would be making the plants an all season thing so you can do the aspiration without waiting for Summer and adding some TS3 style collection helper for the insects because they’re really hard to find.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I actually hope it's Realm of Magic. I could do with better lore for the Magic Realm (make it livable?), make Glimmerbrook bigger (I'd be fine with the size of Strangerville), and let kids do minor magic.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2021
    Whacky theory:

What if this tweet that Ninja posted right after the stream is referring to Juice Cleanses or something like that. Or juist 'clean' eating in general. They mentioned that kind of gameplay in a survey once for the community Stuff Pack, if I remember correctly. They could add blenders and juice recipes to go with the rest of Spa Day.

It probably means nothing though..
  • readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    Personally, I was hoping the Sims team would revisit either RoM or Jungle Adventure. RoM is pretty, but I find the endless grinding of spellcasting to level up to be boring, and the skill tree doesn't make each spellcaster as unique as the vampire skill tree does. Jungle Adventure has almost nothing to do in it. It's a new world that's pretty, but there aren't any puzzles to solve or missions to undertake in its leafy depths. It's a far cry from Sims 3 - World Adventures.

I like Spa Day as is. That said, I know there was a survey awhile back about community-voted stuff packs, and one of the options was about fitness and nutrition. Maybe some of that would make its way into a revamped Spa Day gp? That might be cool.