Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited July 2021
    OP: That makes sense. I do see the SimGurus and Forum Moderators as well as other posters reprimand players for posting about bugs elsewhere than in the bug report section, I hope they won't do that here or that my post is understood as such.
  • Options
    moonkitten3000moonkitten3000 Posts: 6 New Member
    Tried to take my chicken to the fair, couldn't get it into my inventory. Took my lama to the fair, cant get it Out of my inventory!!! Super Frustrated!!
  • Options
    Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member
    The wanting to get a drink of water happens every single time my sim does an interaction with the chickens. Pet a chicken, get a glass of water, play with a chicken, get a glass of water, dance for chicken, get a glass of water. If I let me sim drink all the water she wanted, she would die of hyponatremia.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2021
    Deleting lots in Henford o Bagley (sp) is causing my game to crash. I have replaced the sims4 folder. My cc are eyelashes, tattoos and accessory under shirts.
    Building is now causing crashes. I will try building in a new save to see if the same thing will happen.

Update: hours laters after building and creating sims, everything worked great in the new save. <3
    Post edited by BlkBarbiegal on
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    My sim loves to wake herself up in the middle of the night to clap over her like of farmhouse decor, it's actually quite funny but still a glitch.

Super lag was happening to me too, turned out the eco lifestyle sun rays were responsible, I cheated to neutral instead of green then switched the eco settings off in options and that stopped the lag. So probably just my budget pc graphics but worth mentioning for anyone else with laggy lagness.

My sim ended up having to reintroduce herself to Sims she had already met and made friends with. I suspect it's related to the close knit or people person lifestyles.

I had a chick that wouldn't grow up so I traded it for simoleons and did the same with a rooster that was a permanent young adult. No real biggie.

The Grim Reaper came and took my wild rabbit friend, bun buns the first, to the underworld, complete with the outfit the rabbit was wearing. Probably not a glitch but would be good if rabbit outfits went into your inventory same as the cow, chicken and llama outfits when they die.

Not really complaints, mostly just made me laugh except the sun rays of doom.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I've been playing with the pack since its release and it is so much fun; I'm quite delighted with it. However, like others, I have noticed a couple of glitches. On the Easter Holiday, in the Spring, the "Hunt for Egg" tradition was borked. My sims hunted and hunted, finding every new special egg (as well as lots of plain eggs) now in the game, but the tradition was never fulfilled. They also failed to find any decorative eggs and I had to get them out of Buydebug (which luckily did complete the requirement but was so tedious).

The other glitch had to do with two hens, at two different times, seeming to get stuck in the coop while also becoming invisible or unselectable or something. Both times I had ordered the hens into the coop to sit on a hatchable egg. A few hours later I went back and the hens were nowhere to be found, yet the game was reporting they were miserable. I checked on the chickens that were in the coop, but these missing hens were not among them. Then I tried calling any outside or roaming chickens in but they also did not appear then and were nowhere in evidence. Both times this happened I finally went in desperation to Manage Worlds, and then reentered the household.

On returning, they were indeed each in the coop, but their stats were incredibly low (Unhappy, Dirty, and Starving). The coop, which was in a very clean state originally (my sims keep it very clean normally and the worst it ever gets is slightly dirty), had become a disaster area all of a sudden, and was now completely dirty with that ugly stinky green mist surrounding it. Luckily the two hens were easily restored to health with some attentive hand feeding and socializing. I narrowly avoided having them leave, though, so it was a very annoying bug, even if fixable.
  • Options
    CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    I have encountered the following so far...
    Sims just freeze while interacting with chickens/chicks. I have had to cancel the interaction to get them to unfreeze otherwise they stand there forever.
    Sims wake up and get out of bed after a very short time in bed to go view/appreciate furniture instead of sleeping.
    Sims get into shower, then immediately get out without showering and go do something else. (Has happened twice in same household with 2 different sims and once in another household.)
    Sims drop assigned tasks from queue then stand and do nothing for quite a long time until discovered and re-tasked.
    Sims need to be tasked multiple times to do things.
    Cannot harvest the basil. Click harvest, sims goes through the motions, basil does not get harvested.
  • Options
    YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    My refrigerator and stove suffer from lag. Whenever I click on them it takes a while for the menu pops up. Super annoying!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My Sim won't stop cleaning his cow. As soon as he's done, the action starts up again like an endless loop. I have to manually cancel it.

My Sim walks to the computer and sits down to play a game, but no interaction is actually queued up until he sits down at the computer. Then it says he's playing a game. Otherwise, I just see him walking with no interaction queued up straight to the computer. I've never seen that happen before until now.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    The oversized vegetables, if you buy them from the grocer, you can't plant them. I think this is intentional, though, since you can buy separate lettuce, aubergine, and pumpkin seeds. (They also need special fertilizers.)

Not a bug. The only way to plant oversized crops is by purchasing oversized crop seeds.
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    I have noticed with no mods added my eggs do not show up in chicken coop so I figure this is a bug tell me if I am wrong.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited July 2021
    1. I'm getting multiple Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottoms generated in my game (7 of each of them at last count).

2. At night (and only at night), there is an option to 'contemplate' the snail statue but when you click it your sim is unable to complete the action. They just stand and wave their arm as though there is an obstacle in their way.

3. The typewriter keeps disappearing and I have to keep buying it again.

4. Wild birds stuck flying around my sim.

FYI the only mod I have installed right now is MCCC.

I have read about other players using MCCC having problems with a ridiculous amount of the same NPC being created. You should check your MCCC settings and try if changing some of the townie related settings can fix the issue.

What I noticed is that Sims will more often not do what I tell them to than before.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My Sim won't stop cleaning his cow. As soon as he's done, the action starts up again like an endless loop. I have to manually cancel it.

My Sim walks to the computer and sits down to play a game, but no interaction is actually queued up until he sits down at the computer. Then it says he's playing a game. Otherwise, I just see him walking with no interaction queued up straight to the computer. I've never seen that happen before until now.

I have this too.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    That world won't no longer load for me. :o I was looking through it yesterday, now I got nothing
  • Options
    Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member
    All my crops reset. Went to bed, they were healthy and hardy, woke up and they were all regrowing. Even my trees.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    OP: That makes sense. I do see the SimGurus and Forum Moderators as well as other posters reprimand players for posting about bugs elsewhere than in the bug report section, I hope they won't do that here or that my post is understood as such.

Yes - and sometimes it's not a bug, it's a 'feature', and it can be helpful to get input from other players. If I'm just 'doing it wrong', I don't want to report a bug.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    After the Finchwick fair, my cow went to my household inventory but now I'm unable to place it back in the world. I just get the error message 'must be placed on specific objects'. Also I never got the milk that I submitted back or told where that placed in the competition.
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    I am also experiencing the bug where my sims are getting chicken eggs and not decorative eggs during the egg hunt when I add it to my holidays. I have tried it in multiple saves. It also doesn't complete the holiday goal.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    qpmomma wrote: »
    I am also experiencing the bug where my sims are getting chicken eggs and not decorative eggs during the egg hunt when I add it to my holidays. I have tried it in multiple saves. It also doesn't complete the holiday goal.

Someone on the forum said that you can get the decorative eggs if you do the egg hunt on a lot without the chicken coop. I haven't checked yet to see if this workaround works. My sim got chocolate eggs, I thought it was even better than decorative eggs! :lol:
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,726 Member
    edited July 2021
    I read on Answer HQ that their save file doubled in size after installed Cottage Living which was causing them some lag, it looks like the pack is creating a lot of unplayed sims. I hope that's not the case.
  • Options
    emberelfemberelf Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2021
    Bumping my original comment I had posted to the bug section. Apologies.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    emberelf wrote: »
    I dont know about any of you, but I am getting a lot of lag with Cottage Living. Now I verified that I exceed their recommended system requirements for the pack. I also updated my video driver. I have no Custom Content or mods installed at all. After browbeating the game 5x to keep my systems recommended display settings saved and dumming my graphics settings down from Ultra graphics down to medium, I can play the game....kind of. Its still laggy as ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Result: One frustrated player that cant play the game.

My game is also laggy and I can't see the bread display in the bakery window. :(
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    qpmomma wrote: »

Someone on the forum said that you can get the decorative eggs if you do the egg hunt on a lot without the chicken coop. I haven't checked yet to see if this workaround works. My sim got chocolate eggs, I thought it was even better than decorative eggs! :lol:

Omg thank you!! I'll try that! I really don't mind getting the chicken eggs. I got a few golden ones! I'll try going to the park for the decorative ones.

ETA: going to the park worked!
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Everything has been going pretty well for me and really enjoying this pack, but I have run into a few issues.

I have also had the issue with chicks not aging up. It seems to only affect hen chicks in my saves... rooster chicks I had in two different saves aged up fine (one with zero mods in game and the other with all my updated mods).

Another thing I noticed was it was impossible to gain a positive relationship with my farm animals. This was also both within mod-free and fully-modded saves. When I checked my relationships with them in the modded save using MCCC, I discovered an extremely negative relationship value. It looked like this for animals I had been caring for over many sim days and also animals I had just purchased.

m5PHOO4.png

In my unmodded save, I also encountered this glitch with the swans. Multiple pairs spawned from the one spawn point. I had to delete and buy the effect again to get rid of the extra swans.

h6Nso5b.png

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My sims lives in an apartment with the "simply living" challenge and can not use the hotpot. But it doesn't show what ingredients are needed for the 3 meals. I am able to use the hotpot when I remove the challenge.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top