Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    My game has succumbed to the dreaded "millions of empty townie households" bug. From the bug reports, visiting HoB seems to be triggering it. Loading times are e-t-e-r-n-a-l. The "failed to load/recommend relaunching" message comes up when I try to visit Isle of Volpe Park.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-creating-tons-empty-households/td-p/10543014

• FTS4DFTS4D Posts: 17 Member
    > @Zasz said:
    > I dont think this should exist.

I'm not sure what that thing is, but it also exists in my game.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited July 2021
    zoklio wrote: »
    My sims has the "indoor" lifestyle and twice now I've noticed that since Cottage Living, she'll get this tense moodlet that said she's been outside too long...while indoor. Mind you my sims still do most things indoor, there's not been a significant change in her daily routine. Has anyone else experienced this?

FWIW, I have had this bug as well, but it started happening a few weeks before either Cottage Living or the July patch.

Correction: I actually had the opposite issue, which is that my outdoor sim started to get the moodlet for being tense from being indoors too long, while he had been outdoors for several hours. But since these are two sides of the same coin, I would assume it's related.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Okay, I apologize for not reading through the whole thread to see if this has already been posted.

If you have the glitch where a chick won't age up, try moving it into your household inventory and then back out. The two times I've had that, the chick has then aged up in a sim day or two. And I know they were glitched because chicks hatched after the glitched chick were already aged up.
  • shroombait420shroombait420 Posts: 2 New Member
    Ever since the patch from July 27th, the delivery system doesn't work. It might be because I applied the "private dwelling" lot trait, but I feel like it should still work even if you have that applied since it still takes your simoleons.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Ever since the patch from July 27th, the delivery system doesn't work. It might be because I applied the "private dwelling" lot trait, but I feel like it should still work even if you have that applied since it still takes your simoleons.

Oh, thanks! I had no delivery in one house and it worked fine in another. The no-good house has the Private dwelling lot trait. I had no idea that could be the reason why the delivery boy never showed up.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    beville wrote: »
    My calendar is not working right because I don't know how to put my sims birthday on it, it's not giving me the option. My restaurants are not functioning properly either.

For calendars, you don't add Sim birthdays. They show up automatically on the day the Sim will age up. If you have aging off, they probably wouldn't show up at all. If you have a very long life span, the birthday might just be too far away to show on the calendar.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    FTS4D wrote: »
    > @Zasz said:
    > I dont think this should exist.

I'm not sure what that thing is, but it also exists in my game.
    Zasz wrote: »
    I dont think this should exist.

41724699rw.jpg

Clearly a hint that WEREWOLVES are coming in the next pack! :lol:

My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    @GirafHuntr thanks yes I do have aging turned off, oh well I guess they won't have a birthday.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    beville wrote: »
    @GirafHuntr thanks yes I do have aging turned off, oh well I guess they won't have a birthday.

But you should be able to do the "birthday" event via calendar. Is that what you mean?

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal Yes, I can schedule a birthday party event but I'm not able to see my sim birthday on the calendar after weeks have passe by, like my other holidays I created.🤔
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    I've had the soul reaper stuck on my lot ever since a fox died of old age... my evil rooster is constantly fighting him. I've tried resetting him, closing my game and reopening but he's still there lol

Any ideas?
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Has anyone else received a golden 'cow flower' from bunnies as a gift? It shows 'debug' on it. If I put it on the ground for my Sim to plant, it disappears. The options when I click on it in her inventory are to 'place in word', 'eat' or 'plant', but the 'plant' option is greyed out (it says that it's too cold to plant).

It's not a huge bug, as it's not causing any problems, but I'm not sure what, if anything, I'm supposed to do with it. I'm a bit scared to have my Sim eat it, not knowing what will happen. (I don't have any mods and haven't enabled testingcheats at any time in this particular save.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DrukiDruki Posts: 163 Member
    Has anyone else received a golden 'cow flower' from bunnies as a gift? It shows 'debug' on it. If I put it on the ground for my Sim to plant, it disappears. The options when I click on it in her inventory are to 'place in word', 'eat' or 'plant', but the 'plant' option is greyed out (it says that it's too cold to plant).

It's not a huge bug, as it's not causing any problems, but I'm not sure what, if anything, I'm supposed to do with it. I'm a bit scared to have my Sim eat it, not knowing what will happen. (I don't have any mods and haven't enabled testingcheats at any time in this particular save.)

I had that, did the same thing you did - after a day or so a cowplant sprouted where I'd put the "flower" down!
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hi lovelies,

So Ive been playing CoL for a bit and even though ive been liking some features, but the amount of things broken in this pack are ridiculous. Here are just a few and I was wondering if any of you are experiencing the same.

1. I fully upgraded the cow and llama shed, but they are still starving to death. Almost had both of them taken away due to starving even though they had the food upgrade....

2. Same with upgrading the chicken coop....some of my chickens keep starving to death. Oddly not all of them though, just some. I think its a routing issue or something.

3. Also, similar to above, the llama, cow, and animal sheds will get dirty immediately after cleaning...like im talking an in game hour or two....I literally can't focus on the other cool things in the pack cause I spend most of myu time just brushing the cow and llama despite just having brushed them. Sometimes it will also say they are dirty when there is no visible dirt.

4. I have played for hours and hours and have yet to get a single fox on my property. I have encountered ONE fox outside my property, but thats about it.

5. Edit to add: Pond effects don't work half the time. Sometimes they will randomly disappear....I also NEVER see fireflies. I can confirm this is also happening on console as well.

There are many more (like the plants reverting back to seedling glitch and dying randomly), but the above were some of the ones annoying me most, especially the upgrades not working as they should.
    Post edited by Schantal on
    edited July 2021
    Hi everyone :):) ,

I made a thread for this because I couldn't find this thread at first which is odd because its on the front page lol. I want to repost here though because this is an actual bug thread. These are only a few, but there are way more.

1. I fully upgraded the cow and llama shed, but they are still starving to death. Almost had both of them taken away due to starving even though they had the food upgrade....

2. Same with upgrading the chicken coop....some of my chickens keep starving to death. Oddly not all of them though, just some. I think its a routing issue or something.

3. Also, similar to above, the llama, cow, and animal sheds will get dirty immediately after cleaning...like im talking an in game hour or two....I literally can't focus on the other cool things in the pack cause I spend most of myu time just brushing the cow and llama despite just having brushed them. Sometimes it will also say they are dirty when there is no visible dirt.

4. I have played for hours and hours and have yet to get a single fox on my property. I have encountered ONE fox outside my property, but thats about it.

5. Edit to add: Pond effects don't work half the time. Sometimes they will randomly disappear....I also NEVER see fireflies. I can confirm this is also happening on console as well.

There are many more (like the plants reverting back to seedling glitch and dying randomly), but the above were some of the ones annoying me most, especially the upgrades not working as they should.
    Post edited by Schantal on
    I have sims that freeze up, stand still and then teleport. Currently I am playing a modded game so I am going to have to create a new clean save to test this in before doing a me too.

OMG same!! Also, last night while playing if I would pause then unpause the game it would take like 5 seconds to unpause and when it finally did the sims would teleport and snap into the animation that was qued, just bizarre.
    edited July 2021
    logion wrote: »
    Schantal wrote: »
    Gardening is STILL very much broken which is just insane....we are 3 years into this glitch now of plants disappearing and going back to seedlings. I can also confirm this is also happening on console as well.....seems to happen the most with base game plants and plants from previous packs. This bug makes gardening unplayable which basically makes this pack almost useless gameplay wise as it comes with very little gameplay other than the new gardening stuff. Oh and I can confirm what one person said above about the cowplant also having issues. It reverts back to baby and it also dies randomly even if it is well cared for.....same with plants and trees, they will either revert back to seedlings or they will randomly die even though it says they are in perfect health.

I'm confused. I'm using gardening all the time, both lots with plants created before I bought CL and new lots I created afterward, with newly planted harvestable plants. I'm not experiencing any problems at all with the plants. They grow regularly and can be harvested when in season. None of them dies randomly in my game or reverts to seedling. Is this glitch affecting many Simmers? Does it have anything to do with CC or mods? (I use neither).

It's a bug that happens at random and is difficult to replicate, in case you are interested bienchen and littlemssam posted some interesting information about what could be causing it in this thread here.

bienchen found out for example that the chance of it happening increases if you use low quality fertilizer and your eco footprint changes a lot because of the evolution points system.

There is also a bug which has been a bug for a long time where you can only weed one plant with one fertilizer. If you click on all of your plants in a row and fertilize them only the first plant will be fertilized properly.

Ooo, thats interesting about the plants, thanks for posting. I will add that I dont thing thats what is causing it. My friend has the glitch on console and he only has basegame, seasons, and vampires (so no eco footprint) and we both rarely use fertilizer. Oddly since the patch, the glitch has been better for me (although it still does happen), but it got even worse for him on console. I will also add that for me and him the plants reset at random, not during a specific time of day. I had several disappear right in front of me as did he and it was night time. I also had several die in front of me despite being perfect quality. Its such an annoying bug. Im sad because he seems to have it the worst right now, its literally made gardening unplayable for him.

For me the glitch was horrendous before this latest release, but now its 50/50 on whether it affects me, so freaking weird. Also since he is on console he alo has no mods or anything else influencing his game.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Do you have any mods installed? sometimes those can cause bugs.
    But I also have the problem of sheds/coops getting dirty too soon after I cleaned them,
    especially chicken coops get dirty very fast and often for me, I have to clean them at least twice a day.

Does your lot have the wild foxes trait? If not than its normal that foxes wont appear, if it is enable however they should obviously appear way more often.

I'd got to AHQ and report those bugs btw. thats the place for it.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    Hi everyone :):) ,

I made a thread for this because I couldn't find this thread at first which is odd because its on the front page lol. I want to repost here though because this is an actual bug thread. These are only a few, but there are way more.

@Schantal I received the notification that the cow was unhappy so I called it out, washed it and cleaned the shed. This was the very first time I did this. Cow has been fine since.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims not moving unless the camera is focusing on them. Worst bug ever for me.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    I can 100% confirm the routing issues. Occasionally an animal will get stuck and unless you move them they will not function until they runaway. I saw this in the early game access video of Carl's, too, so it should be a known thing.

The only thing I know to do is to give those objects ample space and check in on them. If somebody doesn't move, pick them up and reset them.

I haven't had problems with their needs beyond being stuck, and I had the food upgrade. My cow did perfectly well, though, with its. My shed and coop would get dirty once a day (I suspect on a timer because it seemed to be the same time) and I had three different foxes running around my lot.

What I did have was neighbors swimming in the river and then staying on my lot until night and freezing to death. The unplayed mother of my family died the first night we moved in. The uncle nearly joined her, but I saved him. The father nearly bit the dust a following night. I have to be very careful to watch them when in HoB.
  • DarkSaichiDarkSaichi Posts: 1 New Member
    I also experience the Agnes Crumple buttom duppleganger. I thought it's just me but i watch James Turner YT videos and he experience the same bugs.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top