Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Some issues that I've encountered.

Cafes are also broken, if customers and barista show up, no one orders any coffee or pastries anymore. Customers also tend to wait on the sidewalk outside before entering the cafe and the barista tends to dissappear after showing up.

Hmmm this is disconcerting as in my game cafes were very vibrant. I just sent a sim and his two friends to the cafe and they did this:
    • Barista is standing in the middle of the cafe greeting sims
    • My sim washed the dishes
    • emptied the trash
    • another sim got a glass of water
    • a third sim washed his dishes
    • my sim and his two friends sat down to read a book
    • barista is still standing in the middle of the cafe
    • So I sent my sim to order coffee and the barista made his order
    • Barista still continues to talk to customers, everyone is chatting, but no one is ordering

In the past the barista would immediately go to the counter and sims would be lining up to order. Seems like that has been tuned down, which is sad. I loved how cafes worked. 😭
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Still the disappearing garden. A $40 expansion that wants you garden but yet the garden disappears to piles of dirt.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hey guys I know it’s frustrating but the gardening bug isn’t a cottage living related bug. The oversized crops do not seem to revert either. All of mine will go back to dirt piles but they remain just fine and keep on their current growth pattern. If I’m wrong I apologize it’s just not happening in my case and I haven’t seen it reported.

If you are still having the issue please send your save file in at the link below. They are trying to nail down the multiple causes of this glitch. Let’s help so we can get a fix :)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-Patch-1-76-81/m-p/10539509#M191960

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I feel pretty dumb, because I didn't realize the new pack was even out until today lol I'm downloading it right now
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Some issues that I've encountered.

Cafes are also broken, if customers and barista show up, no one orders any coffee or pastries anymore. Customers also tend to wait on the sidewalk outside before entering the cafe and the barista tends to dissappear after showing up.

Hmmm this is disconcerting as in my game cafes were very vibrant. I just sent a sim and his two friends to the cafe and they did this:
    • Barista is standing in the middle of the cafe greeting sims
    • My sim washed the dishes
    • emptied the trash
    • another sim got a glass of water
    • a third sim washed his dishes
    • my sim and his two friends sat down to read a book
    • barista is still standing in the middle of the cafe
    • So I sent my sim to order coffee and the barista made his order
    • Barista still continues to talk to customers, everyone is chatting, but no one is ordering

In the past the barista would immediately go to the counter and sims would be lining up to order. Seems like that has been tuned down, which is sad. I loved how cafes worked. 😭

I also loved cafes before. It seems bars are also affected in a similar way, customers show up but they don't order anything. Restaurants have also been impacted by this patch.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Has anyone but in a bug report for the cafes? please post link and I will me too it
    I went into another save and sent folks to my movie cafe - NaeNae's Movie Cafe 2 (2 screens) and same behavior. It is actually a thunderstorm and some folks are standing outside. This time I did not have my sim order from the barrister. She is still standing by the front door, even though her large party of about 6ish watched a movie.
    CAfe-Broken1.png
    CAfe-Broken2.png

BTW I do not have Cottage Living yet. I wanted to see what issues came up b4 buying, though this pack fits well with my play style since I have already created a few farms in the game. So I think this bug is patch related.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    troshalom wrote: »
    Has anyone but in a bug report for the cafes? please post link and I will me too it
    I went into another save and sent folks to my movie cafe - NaeNae's Movie Cafe 2 (2 screens) and same behavior. It is actually a thunderstorm and some folks are standing outside. This time I did not have my sim order from the barrister. She is still standing by the front door, even though her large party of about 6ish watched a movie.
    CAfe-Broken1.png
    CAfe-Broken2.png

BTW I do not have Cottage Living yet. I wanted to see what issues came up b4 buying, though this pack fits well with my play style since I have already created a few farms in the game. So I think this bug is patch related.

I reported this issue but I don't a link right now.
  • Options
    Simsylvania28Simsylvania28 Posts: 1 New Member
    couple things...
    1. Is it supposed to take your cow when you win first place at the fair?
    2. If I enter multiple contest (say the pie and the crop), it only tells me how I faired in the first competition that I entered. It is super annoying!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    Just a reminder. We have a thread in General Discussion for those who do not have Cottage Living and may be experiencing patch related bugs.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992065/list-of-problems-we-encountered-so-far-since-the-july-20-patch/p1
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Found another bug - The Fitness channels are missing from the fitness pack.
    Workout-TV-gone.png

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I'm having an issue where the option to "call to grand meal" is not appearing. The regular "call to meal" appears and works fine. This may or may not be related to the pack itself and in fact might be mod related but I was wondering if it was just me or if anyone else was seeing it.

Definitely pack related: When it snows in Finchwick, snow appears on the objects inside the shop windows.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    No strange mushrooms ever appear in Bramblewood for me, I even spent 3 days there waiting...

Sad bunny face.

There seems to be a little patch of them just below Cordelias cottage.

My sim seems to be spending alot more time ignoring commands and just standing there then before. Even resetting them doesnt always get them to do things.
    And telling them to fish in a pond with a sign just made them walk around it endlessly despite there being several places they could fish from. I just gave up in the end and plonked down a debug fishing sign!

The ruins have a number of harvestable plants, though you do have to be on the lot at 5 am to get them to produce again. (I was able to get blueberries and chocoberries right away, but the plants wouldn't produce more harvestables until I sent my Sim to the lot at 0'Dark:30.) There are also a couple of plants at the Creature Keeper's cottage. (For those trying to complete the 5 harvestables aspiration step.)

I'm able to fish in a pond, both the one on my lot and those in Bramblewood. I can't fish with bait, however.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Deleting lots in Henford o Bagley (sp) is causing my game to crash. I have replaced the sims4 folder. My cc are eyelashes, tattoos and accessory under shirts.
    Building is now causing crashes. I will try building in a new save to see if the same thing will happen.

Update: hours laters after building and creating sims, everything worked great in the new save. <3

Very interesting. I've learned myself that a lot of times even if you remove everything the save is messed up. Sometimes it's a good practice just to start a brand new save and put your old sims and builds there so you don't loose them. But that's for the update. It's always helpful to know what solved the issue.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm experiencing routing glitches. When I first set my sims to bed it looked as though they were walking through walls, climbing invisible stairs. Some sims followed the path provided but other sims just tried their best and the game just snapped them right next to the bed and the sims jumped in and went to sleep.

Building, when placing a roof that is about as tall to the room height, next to the room, it makes it seem there is a hole in the roof/wall of the room. making the room light up with the natural light from outside.

Terrain Paint, I spent about a couple hours landscaping my farm land, spray painting dirt and cobble pathways, when i was satisfied i went to play with one of my families, and visit the lot i just finished working on. when we got there, the terrain paint disappeared. when My sims were at home I could view the lot from their castle and the terrain paint was there. but when we visited the lot it's not.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Just popping in with this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    Please, please report bugs officially so reports get into the system. "Me too" helps bump the priority of a mod because it shows that more people have it and care about it. Explanations of exactly what you see and what packs you have help narrow a bug down (Sims is super complex so that can be an issue). Offering to provide a save is super helpful. Also, if you follow Crin on Twitter, she will often post links to where AHQ help from players with issues is needed. https://twitter.com/crinrict
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RedundantsquirrelRedundantsquirrel Posts: 1 New Member
    Jeeze where do I start?
    -Creature Keeper invites me on dates, and then leaves immediately. More than once.
    -When giving my chickens treats they sometimes walk away and leave the treat, then I can only throw it away. I finally got one of the midnight treats via an errand, and chicken ignored it.
    -Errands are soooo buggy. Sometimes the task won't show as complete after I do it, and it forces me to redo it. The one where you need to win the finch wick faire, and another where you had to harvest a pumpkin for Agnes.
    -Errands again. After completing a step it will turn green, but the next step will not appear until I switch lots.
    -"get the gossip" errand. took forever because sims were simply not gossiping for me to interact with.
    -Autonomous book reading interrupting cooking.
    -I had to chase the creature keeper once to finish an errand, he kept moving, not stopping to wait for the sim. I would finally get to him and he would walk off, I even was using a bike. To chase the jerk down.
    -Random sims coming to my house to knock over my garbage. And prank my toilet. 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

This EP is so buggy I rage quit a couple times. So frustrating.
    Also they really need to do something about the tasks that require you to give away produce. My perfect quality oversized pumpkin is worth more than 90 Simoleans. Same with the Faire entries.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited July 2021
    --Chicks do not age up
    --Creature Keeper invites me everywhere, then leaves immediately
    --Creature Keeper keeps trying to plant plants in the planter, which are filled with 3 mysterious mushrooms, that cause EVERY plant to fail to germinate. My sim cannot reach the mushrooms to eat them. Sim can get the "new" object out, if it is edible. Planting causes "___ failed to germinate" message. This is not on my home lot, but I get the error message every time CK attempts to plant.
    --Plantable crops will hang in the air, barely above the ground. They spawn near the host plant and can be moved.
    --Lighting doesn't come through every window (that is, not every window of the house, not a specific window being bugged). This wasn't an issue prior to COL
    --Llama won't leave barn on their own and needs to be called out.
    --Items that come from seed packets are not sellable from the inventory. They can be placed on the ground and sold through build mode.
    Post edited by hihi122122 on
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2021
    I can't seem to find any grown midnight nightly mushrooms to harvest. I've been hanging around the ruins where there is a patch of dirt that is labelled nightly mushrooms for the past two/three in game weeks going back at different times of the day and it's still just a mound of dirt with the option to view and nothing else - really want to grow some nightly mushrooms! I've tried cheating it's growth state as I assumed it was broken but even then it won't let me harvest. Are there some anywhere else in game that I can check out please?
    Thank you

Edited: not midnight I mean nightly!
    Post edited by InvisibleLyndz on
  • Options
    I can't seem to find any grown midnight mushrooms to harvest. I've been hanging around the ruins where there is a patch of dirt that is labelled midnight mushrooms for the past two/three in game weeks going back at different times of the day and it's still just a mound of dirt with the option to view and nothing else - really want to grow some midnight mushrooms! I've tried cheating it's growth state as I assumed it was broken but even then it won't let me harvest. Are there some anywhere else in game that I can check out please?
    Thank you

I think this one is collected at midnight?
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2021
    I can't seem to find any grown midnight mushrooms to harvest. I've been hanging around the ruins where there is a patch of dirt that is labelled midnight mushrooms for the past two/three in game weeks going back at different times of the day and it's still just a mound of dirt with the option to view and nothing else - really want to grow some midnight mushrooms! I've tried cheating it's growth state as I assumed it was broken but even then it won't let me harvest. Are there some anywhere else in game that I can check out please?
    Thank you

I think this one is collected at midnight?

Yeah I tried at midnight and early hours but it just doesn't seem to grow into mushrooms/harvestable state? :(

Just realised they're not called midnight mushrooms but nightly mushrooms :D

Post edited by InvisibleLyndz on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021
    I can't seem to find any grown midnight nightly mushrooms to harvest. I've been hanging around the ruins where there is a patch of dirt that is labelled nightly mushrooms for the past two/three in game weeks going back at different times of the day and it's still just a mound of dirt with the option to view and nothing else - really want to grow some nightly mushrooms! I've tried cheating it's growth state as I assumed it was broken but even then it won't let me harvest. Are there some anywhere else in game that I can check out please?
    Thank you

Edited: not midnight I mean nightly!

Try around 04:50 AM and wait until 05:00 - 05:10 AM.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    When I take my sims into Cas from the neighborhood view to change their hair it will take away their name, just the first name and sometimes both first and last. It don't happen every time but a lot of the times. This has only happened since cottage living. I don't and never have played with cc or mods in the Sims 4.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    edited July 2021
    I hope everyone's also checking AHQ to see if a bug report for your issue has been filed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited July 2021
    Never mind. It's showing up for other people, but I don't see them.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    JenniferMSJenniferMS Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't seem to garden with any of the new crops. I could plant them and they grew, but there's no option to tend the garden to get rid of the weeds or bugs or even water them. I can only talk to them and fertilise them
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top