Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Haven't upgraded coops yet, since I haven't tried to have multiple coops yet. Hope they fix that for the fully upgraded animal sheds. Have experienced coops getting dirty right after being cleaned oppose to them getting just getting dirty everyday.

I get foxes on my lot about every two days or sometimes everyday for them to pinch produce from my garden or side eye my chicken coop.

Gardening glitch definitely get. Usually one or two will revert back to it's first stage after two days or so or if I'm lucky longer. I tend to shift click on which ever one that reverted and put it back to blossoming since thankfully it doesn't lose its current quality. Only work around for that I've found.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Schantal wrote: »
    Hi everyone :):) ,

I made a thread for this because I couldn't find this thread at first which is odd because its on the front page lol. I want to repost here though because this is an actual bug thread. These are only a few, but there are way more.

1. I fully upgraded the cow and llama shed, but they are still starving to death. Almost had both of them taken away due to starving even though they had the food upgrade....

2. Same with upgrading the chicken coop....some of my chickens keep starving to death. Oddly not all of them though, just some. I think its a routing issue or something.

3. Also, similar to above, the llama, cow, and animal sheds will get dirty immediately after cleaning...like im talking an in game hour or two....I literally can't focus on the other cool things in the pack cause I spend most of myu time just brushing the cow and llama despite just having brushed them. Sometimes it will also say they are dirty when there is no visible dirt.

4. I have played for hours and hours and have yet to get a single fox on my property. I have encountered ONE fox outside my property, but thats about it.

There are many more (like the plants reverting back to seedling glitch and dying randomly), but the above were some of the ones annoying me most, especially the upgrades not working as they should.

@Schantal I received the notification that the cow was unhappy so I called it out, washed it and cleaned the shed. This was the very first time I did this. Cow has been fine since.

Hey hun,

For me its still happening where cows and llamas are getting dirty pretty much immediately after cleaning. Also, the auto feeding system isn't working, thats the part that is driving me the most nuts. Despite upgrading to auto feeder the animals are still starving to death, its so bizarre.
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Do you have any mods installed? sometimes those can cause bugs.
    But I also have the problem of sheds/coops getting dirty too soon after I cleaned them,
    especially chicken coops get dirty very fast and often for me, I have to clean them at least twice a day.

Does your lot have the wild foxes trait? If not than its normal that foxes wont appear, if it is enable however they should obviously appear way more often.

I'd got to AHQ and report those bugs btw. thats the place for it.

I did have mods, but not right now, pulled everything. Yep, I already posted the bugs where they belong as well, but wanted to post here as well. Ohhhh the lot trait!! Omg, I didn't even think of that!! I will add that tonight and see if it works. Thank you for reminding me of that, I completely forgot. I bet thats why they haven't really been showing up.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Haven't upgraded coops yet, since I haven't tried to have multiple coops yet. Hope they fix that for the fully upgraded animal sheds. Have experienced coops getting dirty right after being cleaned oppose to them getting just getting dirty everyday.

I get foxes on my lot about every two days or sometimes everyday for them to pinch produce from my garden or side eye my chicken coop.

Gardening glitch definitely get. Usually one or two will revert back to it's first stage after two days or so or if I'm lucky longer. I tend to shift click on which ever one that reverted and put it back to blossoming since thankfully it doesn't lose its current quality. Only work around for that I've found.

Yes love, I will try the shift click on the crops, thats a good idea. Ugh, I wish they would just fix this already. Yes, the dirty sheds and coop thing is so annoying, but Im even more annoyed that the auto feeder isn't working, so annoying.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m so sorry everyone is having so many bugs! Even though I have a ton of mods, for some reason I’m not experiencing any new bugs at all with this pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Robots are cleaning/fixing objects while nowhere near the object in question.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Congratulations Beta Testers you have done your job well. Now please fill out a bug report and someone will be back to you in 6 months.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    My game has succumbed to the dreaded "millions of empty townie households" bug. From the bug reports, visiting HoB seems to be triggering it. Loading times are e-t-e-r-n-a-l. The "failed to load/recommend relaunching" message comes up when I try to visit Isle of Volpe Park.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-creating-tons-empty-households/td-p/10543014

I'm hopeful that my townieoverhaul_lessfame_crumplebottom module does prevent this from happening. It does not autodelete households that have already been spawned because of the bug, though.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I've had the soul reaper stuck on my lot ever since a fox died of old age... my evil rooster is constantly fighting him. I've tried resetting him, closing my game and reopening but he's still there lol

Any ideas?

Do you use MCCC? If so, I would try using the "Make Sim Leave" cheat. That worked for me with Grim. If you don't use MCCC, maybe enabling cheats and debug and then shift clicking on him and selecting "delete object?"
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    Hi everyone :):) ,

4. I have played for hours and hours and have yet to get a single fox on my property. I have encountered ONE fox outside my property, but thats about it.

Do you have the fox challenge activated on the lot you're playing with? I believe they won't come around at all unless you add that challenge.

My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Anyone else running in to a bug where sims will just randomly switch into their swimwear? I have seasons installed, and I think Sarah Scott died due to this glitch, and I keep having to rescue one of my sims from it.

It does seem to be triggered by the sim going to the edge of the river.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    The game is pretty much unplayable for me. Loading times and lags are e-t-e-r-n-a-l because my saves are bloating over state lines. Something in HoB is causing the game to generate thousands of empty townie households.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-creating-tons-empty-households/td-p/10543014
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’m so sorry everyone is having so many bugs! Even though I have a ton of mods, for some reason I’m not experiencing any new bugs at all with this pack.

Ditto. I have only a couple mods (but loads of CC which can also cause bugs), and had no serious problems with bugs listed in this thread.

OP: When removing your mods, did you also delete your localthumbcache.package ? It should be deleted every time you make changes to the mods folder.

You write that animals *still* starve to death after upgrading shed/coop. Does that mean they staved to death also before you upgraded? Could it be something else than the shed causing it? None of my animals died and I had no idea they can die from starvation.

I had one single hen getting stuck, but I figured it was only the visuals of her as she stayed in a great mood and my sim located the hen elsewhere than where she was standing. She was not stuck in any objects ie routing, just "left her body" ;) Switching households fixed it, I guess I could also have moved the coop.

The only bug I'm seeing occasionally is when a sim has to walk far, teleporting the last bit. I thought it was intentional to save me time waiting, as it actually might take quite long walking cross a huge lot. In RL it would be a couple minutes, in sim time it might be nearly an hour. So I thought it was a good idea teleporting them when the distance takes long , but later I found this is provably a bug. Never bothered me, though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    It is time for TS5, I think this game engine has met its breaking point.

At this point think I'll try the mod for cows.
    Dairy Cow Mod by PandaSama, Mizore Yukii, Icemunmun
    Dairy-Cow-Sims-4-Mod.jpg

I tried the chicken one it was ok, not as interactive as CoL since it is modeled after TS3. Icemunmun also has a jam/preserve mod that I used in the past. Sims can eat the jam/preserves, so I'll play that. CoL seems to be having too many game breaking bugs like EL.

BTW my pond works fine. I did upload one house to the gallery (there is a gallery bug too) and downloaded it into another save and it multiplied my one swan into three on top of each other. Other than that the bugs and other things that come with the pond works fine for me.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Sorry to hear, I enjoy this game so much that it makes me sad when others have so many problems that affect their gameplay enjoyment.

I don't use any mods and am not having any game breaking problems. And yes I know its not always mods that cause them.
    I have an off the grid challenge going and I have wayyy too many foxes. I probably should just make friends of them all and get it over with. I admit I haven't upgraded sheds yet but will watch for that bug.

I have had an occasional need to feed cow/llama even with full feed so will "me too" that one in bug forum. It happens very rarely though.
    Chickens are almost always happy but I agree the coop needs a lot of attention. However thats realistic to me. I've had to muck out a lot of sheds in my time. LOL

My gardens have been fine even when I go back and forth between saves and/or lots however I wish the new super size ones also had a set season. Doesn't seem right to have watermelons in the winter (unless in Sulani) and now I hope I haven't jinxed myself.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    The plants reverting is driving me crazy. It happens EVERY SINGLE DAY and it is tedious to have to cheat them back to their proper growth state. My sim has a huge garden.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    psychotica wrote: »
    The plants reverting is driving me crazy. It happens EVERY SINGLE DAY and it is tedious to have to cheat them back to their proper growth state. My sim has a huge garden.

I never cheat them back, they grow back pretty fast on their own and I got enough other stuff to do on the farm...so it doesnt bother me as much, but still...its been about a year now and this bug has not been fixed :(
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    The bugs in this EP reminds me of SimCity when the fire fighters would all quit for no reason and your city would just burn to the ground - #FunTimes #NoNoTheyWereNot
    mcorral wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask that you to test the game before you release it? We are testing the product that we paid for. ...
    @mcorral it seems like they test the games with base game and the pack. I hope not, with the number of job openings they have for testers globally. But it is hard to believe they didn't know about ANY of these bugs before they released the pack. I honestly thought since the game changers began testing back in March that they would've caught lots of bugs, but nah.

Guess I will take another break from playing & check back in October to see what bugs have been squashed.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @DarkSaichi there's a bug report for the multiple Agnes Crumplebottoms issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CoL-Multiple-versions-of-Agatha-and-Agnes-Crumplebottom/m-p/10539669#M191810 would be great if you could give it a 'me too' and leave a comment as they need more input on this issue

Yes Racybop is having this issue as well.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm not sure if this is a bug/oversight or by design, but my spellcaster sim cannot use Scruberoo on the animal shed or chicken coop. I was going to report it to AHQ but when my sim found fertilizer after cleaning the shed & coop I thought maybe it's on purpose? She can use Scruberoo directly on her llama which is nice.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Anyone else running in to a bug where sims will just randomly switch into their swimwear? I have seasons installed, and I think Sarah Scott died due to this glitch, and I keep having to rescue one of my sims from it.

It does seem to be triggered by the sim going to the edge of the river.

Yes, one of my sims is living in Cordelia Cottage, and every time she takes her dog for a jog or a walk, she changes into her swimsuit as soon as they approach the river.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The dating system is now broken. When you ask a sim on a date and yall get to the lot the date abruptly ends in a few seconds and you get unsussesful date. I guess the pre cottage living patch broke dating. I'll post on Amq later.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2021
    Are we able to submit medium sized crops to the Fair? I had some lettuce & aubergines, but when I tried to select "submit entry" only my other produce (non-CL produce) was available in the list. I ended up having to sell the lettuce & aubergines to Agnes.

I figured it out! Not a bug. This Fair is for the nicest regular crop. The oversized competition is in two weeks.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited August 2021
    Very annoying bug.

Sims won't go up, or down a flight of stairs unless I focus the camera on them. With 5 people in my household this bug gets very annoying very quickly. Then when you do focus the camera on them they either zoom to where they should have already been (like they're the only ones on fast forward), or just play the teleport game and pop around for a moment or two.

Is there a "me too" link for this bug?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top