Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2021
    Fireworks are bugged and are throwing a Last Exception if you have Cottage Living and City Living, the fairs don't have the right attribute that the game is looking for when you try to use them. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Unable-to-light-fireworks/m-p/10583650

Simvasion have posted a fix for this one.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Fireworks are bugged and are throwing a Last Exception if you have Cottage Living and City Living, the fairs don't have the right attribute that the game is looking for when you try to use them. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Unable-to-light-fireworks/m-p/10583650

Sorry, but that is sad that an third party can jump on the problem right away and fix it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2021
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Sorry, but that is sad that an third party can jump on the problem right away and fix it.

Yeah well...that's game development...simvasion doesn't have to work on other stuff in the game too. Still, I hope that we will see a lot of bug fixes this month because I don't want to wait several months for some of these fixes.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Yeah well...that's game development...simvasion doesn't have to work on other stuff in the game too. Still, I hope that we will see a lot of bug fixes this month because I don't want to wait several months for some of these fixes.

Game development that has gone wrong for me, looking at EA/Maxis track record in which they fix little, I would not hold my breath on them fixing a lot.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Mikki_MaatMikki_Maat Posts: 2 New Member
    Help! I changed my pub into a retail space and now the Finchwick fair has disappeared entirely. I repeat the Finchwick Fair is gone! Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2021
    I occasionally lose llamas when trying to take them to the fair for judging. It's happened to me twice. I had a beautiful beige llama (Taffy), fully maxed in its relationship with all my sims, very happy, and having recently been feed a rainbow treat, and had my sim take it, along with some rainbow wool, to the fair. On arriving at the fair, the rainbow wool was still in my sim's inventory, but there was no sign of the llama.

I quickly switched back to my sim's spouse on the farm, but there was no sign of the missing llama there either (or in the household inventory). It had completely vanished. I ended up buying a new llama (Marshmallow), feeding it another rainbow treat that I had saved, and spamming socials at it throughout the fair, and it still somehow managed to win first place. But I was really sad to lose Taffy, who was friends with my entire family, and it remains a mystery as to why this happened in my game, the second time I have lost a llama this way.

By the way, I have never lost cows or chickens or oversized crops or normal crops or pies this way, only llamas.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @Mikki_Maat That looks like the problem with City Living. If you have a retail store owned by one of your Sims in the fashion district the Love Festival that is supposed to take place there does not.
  • Options
    moonkitten3000moonkitten3000 Posts: 6 New Member
    a llama is stuck in my sims inventory, I cant remove it and now its starving!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    No strange mushrooms ever appear in Bramblewood for me, I even spent 3 days there waiting...

Sad bunny face.

The wild mushrooms have totally disappeared from HoB in all of my saves. Really bummed. I feel your sadness.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Mikki_MaatMikki_Maat Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Ziafar;c-17957550"]@Mikki_Maat That looks like the problem with City Living. If you have a retail store owned by one of your Sims in the fashion district the Love Festival that is supposed to take place there does not.[/quote]

Yes! This happened to my Spice Festival as well. What the heck are we supposed to do?! Im worried if i put the old one back, nothing will change.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @Mikki_Maat The only thing to do is to sell the retail store to the game or to make do without the festival :/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2021
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I'm finding produce in my household inventory now. I think it is after a fair visit. so annoying to remove but was wondering if anyone else is finding this. I know there was a post a few days back about it but I haven't been able to track it down so far. Plus its late here and my eyes and my mind is getting fuzzy. LOL I did test after leaving lot and exiting game etc etc but produce was staying in Sims inventory as normal and then I visit a fair, come home and my household inventory is full again.

Not just after visiting the fair... I experience this same glitch randomly after harvesting my sims garden. In this save file I've been playing for over a week now, I don't dare touch the new world so my sims don't attend fairs. I avoid it because it's breaking every save file of mine that touches the new world. I spent a few days going over every mod I had, pulling out ones without updates, updating those I could, on top of clearing all mods/CC + cache with the same results. (New game folder too) The best you can do is hit the Me too button on the AHQ threads for these bugs. :/
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

After reading all your posts and the bug reports at the Help Center I feel this EP is not safe: 40 bucks for risking my 4 years save is too much, specially with the Boated saves bug. It is time for me to skip buying my second EP (GF was the first because it was not my cup of tea and was an invasive gameplay... I will skip CoL because of the low quality of the pack).

:/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited August 2021
    Non-Henford sims obsessively talking about Henford villagers: thread here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993423/why-are-non-henford-sims-obsessed-with-talking-about-the-henford-villagers

I will also post on Answers HQ, thanks for the nudge

And here is the list of current known bugs with Cottage Living on Answers HQ in case anyone would like to look up their bugs and click Me Too on them
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/10529288#M190682
  • Options
    melaniet1020melaniet1020 Posts: 394 Member
    I'm also having problems with lag and sims teleporting. Having problems with my sim taking forever to even start a commanded task. Clicking on the Fridge takes forever for the menu to show up. Also, I'm having issues with the sound skipping and repeating. It's very annoying. I just did the sims 4 update a little while ago and I really hope it fixes all the issues that I've had and that I've seen on this thread.
    Happy Simming!! :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yeah, the lag is awful in HoB. I can't even play in that world, because 30 minutes on a lot there slows my entire computer to a crawl and messes it up for the next few days. Other worlds and bigger lots seem fine, but that little town is cursed for me.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Mikki_Maat wrote: »
    Help! I changed my pub into a retail space and now the Finchwick fair has disappeared entirely. I repeat the Finchwick Fair is gone! Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

@Mikki_Maat - have you tried adding a pub back to the neighborhood? I removed my pub and built a new one somewhere else and I still have the fair.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I haven't read through the thread, but does anyone have issues with the easter eggs during easter? My sims only find actual eggs. Chicken eggs. Funny enough it's always a chocolate egg or a rainbow egg. But I want the old decor eggs :'(
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Shame, I was wanting this pack but I don’t want to ruin my save and have to deal with horrible lag.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Kersiexx wrote: »
    Shame, I was wanting this pack but I don’t want to ruin my save and have to deal with horrible lag.

I think it's best for you to wait.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TammyGrantSimTammyGrantSim Posts: 33 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Okay, I apologize for not reading through the whole thread to see if this has already been posted.

If you have the glitch where a chick won't age up, try moving it into your household inventory and then back out. The two times I've had that, the chick has then aged up in a sim day or two. And I know they were glitched because chicks hatched after the glitched chick were already aged up.

Thank you for the info! I had 2 chicks that after several sim weeks, the chicks did not age up. I checked the animal aging and it was NOT disabled. I saw this post and tried it. I added the 2 chicks into my household inventory and within seconds, one of the chicks aged up. (still waiting on the other one) Thanks again!
  • Options
    Karatekid2019Karatekid2019 Posts: 7 New Member
    Can’t sell wool on plopsy
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The fishing spot on top of the mountain by the waterfall is bugged, I get the "handwave can't do anything" 100% of the time if I try to fish with bait, and about 75% of the time fishing without a bait. NPC sims that just walk up to it can fish, and if I make Fishing a Club option and let the Sim do it herself, it works.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    The only bug I have that seems to have come with CoL is now occasionally my sims get caught up in weeding loops - often weeding the same area over and over again until I catch it because the weeds stay put instead of going away when weeded. I also have the gardening bug, but I've already been into that bug with saves et al. The weeding loop thing is new, and didn't start until I downloaded CoL. Full disclosure though, I did download DHD and a kit or two at the same time.
  • Options
    LukeSDarkoLukeSDarko Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if they fixed the lag yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top