Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are non-Henford sims obsessed with talking about the Henford villagers?

Why, why??
Salim has never BEEN to Henford-on-Bagley! And he's on a fancy birthday date with his wife, no less.
Screen-Shot-2021-08-27-at-1-35-26-PM.png

He's not the only one. Those villagers seem to be a constant topic of conversation between all my San Myshuno sims.

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Why does anything even happen in this game at this point.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited August 2021
    He just really into that cottagecore lately... :lol: maybe he wants to start a farm or something

Well personally I've always seen Salim as that dude everyone thinks is cool and wants to get with first but then when they get romantically involved/ get to know him better it literally never works out

sooo maybe this time its due to him being too into cottages and stuff instead of appreciating the date :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2021
    That have happened to me once so far, I think the game confuses a sim (in your case) Salim Benali for a Henford on Bagley sim. In my case it was a sim who had visited the bar in Finchwick when I was playing another family there.

I really hope that they did not add a gameplay mechanic where sims will say that message if you don't do favors for the sims in Henford on Bagley, that just sounds annoying.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Imagine story progression if it ever becomes a thing😆😆 I just imagine it turning into something like this...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yeah, I had a pop up like this after getting two likes and dislikes pop ups for non-household Sims. *sigh* The game probably has a hard time distinguishing which Sims should produce pop ups and which should not. So bugs.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Yeah, I had a pop up like this after getting two likes and dislikes pop ups for non-household Sims. *sigh* The game probably has a hard time distinguishing which Sims should produce pop ups and which should not. So bugs.

This may be related to an old problem that occasionally plagues San Myshuno: When visiting the city with sims from a different world, I sometimes get fame chance cards for the residents of the neighborhood I'm visiting. And when playing a household in an apartment, I tend to get fame deacy warnings for their celebrity neighbor. This fame decay is real, even though normally inactive households are not subject to fame decay.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    @Simmingal That would be a sad breakup... go out on a date and then repeatedly talk to your date about how much you're needed in Henford-on-Bagley instead of here :neutral:
    @EnkiSchmidt I don't have Get Famous but now that you mention it, I've had pop-ups like that happen- often a notice that some townie has received a hiring bonus due to their degree in this field.

So my original post was Wednesday (sim-time)

This was on Thursday
    thursday.png

These were all on Friday
    friday3.png
    friday4.png
    friday5.png
    friday6.png

whyyyyyyy

• kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I was doing a family that was, for a while, just living off of HOB favors. Then they won the lottery and stopped doing them. Their own kids started pestering them that the residents of HOB needed favors done.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Word-of-mouth advertising. Hey, people need help these days. LOL Other than that, I think this is EAs way of nudging us to play in that town? It's a nice place. I just set three of my families there after Uni. I figured this would give me a little bite on how to make it all work. One household is growing a garden, the second one planted a couple of things. She just made room for chickens and is rather diligent at caring for them. She barely cooks, so she may need a lot of eggs …The third one has a green house and has some crops growing. This couple has a big dog and infant twin sons, so no other animals at this time. My fourth household barely moved in. He was on a World Tour and is now ready to settle in to domestic life. We'll see what he ends up doing with this huge property he had his custom house built on. They may not have time for any type of farm life, who knows?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I had started a new game and literally every sim I've met told me to go to HoB and help these villagers. I ignored this, then even the mayor called me and begged for help. My Sim is an interior designer with a low income and not a hero who have enough time and money for doing these shopping trips for the villagers. Dear Mayor and everybody else (I mean the sims) please stop asking my sim. Find someone else, thanks.

Seriously, that village is buggy, bloating my game with no name townies. Therefore I don't play and go there and I have no problems to delete/kill those villagers and those sims who are pestering me, which I'm now really considering to do so. It would solve their problems, at least for a moment.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Does the sims team even know what simulation means anymore?
    @Daravi If your "deletion" option solves the problem, will you let us know?

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @mightysprite The deletion has worked actually, but I don't know how long it will last. I forget to mention that I don't play with mods in this save game and don't allow moving into empty houses. I deleted the villagers and a bunch of townies, but not all. Then I've got an invitation for the spice festival by J Huntington. My sim has talked to a lot of well known but for her unknown sims, and nobody of them had mention HoB, unlike before. But as wrote I don't know how it will last, I guess as soon as I visit the village, it will start over again.
    I put a bug report here. Please click Me Too if you also have this problem @Daravi @kemowery @Calico45 and anyone else
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cottage-Non-Henford-sims-obsessively-talk-about-Henford/td-p/10681369