Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I'm surprised by death by rabbit.

Maybe a rabid rabbit? I know some roosters can be mean and if they have their spurs definitely can be a hazard. I've also known a broodie hen or two in my time. However they mostly just pecked.

Same. I have a flock and they can be skittish, but are pretty sweet. I've even in one case had seven roosters and could hold them as much as any hen. If anything, they're brutal to each other and not people.

As for the rabbits... Not sure what the idea is here. Would it really be kind of a repeat like rabbit rodent fever?
    No, when you mistreat a rabbit they can get in a fight with you and kill you.

Imagine rabbits attacking flower bunny.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »

Me too, lol, it seems like it would have been more realistic to have death by fox.

It is a throw back to Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail. There is a famous killer bunny in it. Realism has nothing to do with it. It is hardly the only reference to globally acclaimed British media ether. There is Doctor Who like phone booth that hasn't been in use for years for example. I like the loose pop culture references. I find them fun.

At least these two I understand. But cats riding roombas, toddlers getting cleanned with a hand vacuum and the sprite with glasses had me at a loss. The cats thing is funny even without context, the sprite's origin someone here explained to me, but the toddler meme is still beyond me. (Please tell me it really is a meme, and people don't do this for real!)
  • Options
    Some facts about the animal shed woohoo

Banjo music plays during woohoo and hay comes out along with 💕hearts

Sims get kind of a bad moodlet from woohooing in the shed.

If there is an animal in the shed you have to call it out to be able to woohoo.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Time to have my sim learn to play the guitar. 😄
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Does anybody know how many tiles the cows and chickens use?
    Kinda hard to do any kind of build without knowing how much space you need!
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »

Cow shed is 10x9 and the coop is 4x3
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

Cow shed is 10x9 and the coop is 4x3

OMG the cow shed is huge. So smaller lots are not suitable for more than one farm animal. :/
  • Options
    thanks for that!
    So if you want a cow but you live on a 20x15 lot you should basically just move in with it!LOL
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    thanks for that!
    So if you want a cow but you live on a 20x15 lot you should basically just move in with it!LOL

I think the cow shed is with all the footprint necessary for the cow to roam about. You could try build your sim's house above the shed if you need more space. :lol:
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    thanks for that!

I think the cow shed is with all the footprint necessary for the cow to roam about. You could try build your sim's house above the shed if you need more space. :lol:

Oh, now that's interesting! I really wish we'd had at least one more empty lot... it would be so much fun to build a treehouse type home, and then you'd have more room potentially for sheds at the bottom.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member

Me too, lol, it seems like it would have been more realistic to have death by fox.

It is a throw back to Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail. There is a famous killer bunny in it. Realism has nothing to do with it. It is hardly the only reference to globally acclaimed British media ether. There is Doctor Who like phone booth that hasn't been in use for years for example. I like the loose pop culture references. I find them fun.

One of the first things I'm going to do when I get the CL pack is have a Sim donning the knight armour get killed by a rabbit. The Monty Python enthusiast in me needs such a ghost roaming in the town.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    thanks for that!

Im still curious about what would happen if you shrunk your animal shed down....would it be the same as the fish tank with the animal staying the same size? Then presumably it would just vanish when it went into its teeny tiny house!LOL
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    thanks for that!

Im still curious about what would happen if you shrunk your animal shed down....would it be the same as the fish tank with the animal staying the same size? Then presumably it would just vanish when it went into its teeny tiny house!LOL

Maybe we could get miniature cows. :lol: If the shed shrinks down without affecting the cows then it could easily be incorporated into other buildings. If not, there is always the option to build above or below ground if space is an issue.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    thanks for that!

@dogzdinner

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Does anyone know the size of the garden crop patches?
  • Options
    You can name the animal sheds yes give them names.

Source XurbanSimsX
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

One of the first things I'm going to do when I get the CL pack is have a Sim donning the knight armour get killed by a rabbit. The Monty Python enthusiast in me needs such a ghost roaming in the town.

Please come back and share your screenshots!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    So I have a 85 tile house, 15 tile greenhouse, and room for 2 cow sheds, a coop, 5 garden crop patches, (same size as the large planters) the birds and rabbit on 30 X 20 lot. I can have a farm in the town, yay.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    thanks for that!

Or, just live underground. That might be fun
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    thanks for that!

Or, just live underground. That might be fun

well, I just did a quick experiment on a 20x15 lot and built a very nice 1 bed modern treehouse with a 2 bed house in a basement using only 5x5 of the ground level....meaning you could easily fit a family, an animal shed, a chicken coop and some gardening plots on the smallest lot size!