Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    PurpleM00n wrote: »
    Did they talk about possible interactions with the Cats & Dogs pack?
    Like if we have a dog can they scare away the wild foxes? Can they interact with the farm animals?
    I have seen the live stream in it's entirety. And I haven't heard anything about dogs being able to scare away the wild foxes either.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Like if we have a dog can they scare away the wild foxes? Can they interact with the farm animals?
    I have seen the live stream in it's entirety. And I haven't heard anything about dogs being able to scare away the wild foxes either.

It will be a serious disappointment if they can't. They haven't said anything either way, though, so I remain hopeful that we will see dogs chasing off and fighting foxes, and, if we're lucky, eventually burglars as well (as they have been able to do in past games).
  • Options

It will be a serious disappointment if they can't. They haven't said anything either way, though, so I remain hopeful that we will see dogs chasing off and fighting foxes, and, if we're lucky, eventually burglars as well (as they have been able to do in past games).
    That's true because I was so hoping that dogs from Cats & Dogs would be able to scare away the wild foxes. We still have at least 8 days until Cottage Living drops. So there's plenty of time to add that gameplay to the game, if it hasn't been added already.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

That's true because I was so hoping that dogs from Cats & Dogs would be able to scare away the wild foxes. We still have at least 8 days until Cottage Living drops. So there's plenty of time to add that gameplay to the game, if it hasn't been added already.

I'd be less sure of that, as it would also have to be added to console which requires approval from Sony and Microsoft. It might seem like a simple, quick thing to add, but that doesn't mean that adding it won't cause other issues, or that it can be done and get approval quickly.

Not saying it can't be added at this point, but with less than a week to go - don't forget that most game changers get access to the pack with the pre-pack patch - I wouldn't assume it would be.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I'd be less sure of that, as it would also have to be added to console which requires approval from Sony and Microsoft. It might seem like a simple, quick thing to add, but that doesn't mean that adding it won't cause other issues, or that it can be done and get approval quickly.

Not saying it can't be added at this point, but with less than a week to go - don't forget that most game changers get access to the pack with the pre-pack patch - I wouldn't assume it would be.
    I do agree with you on the fact that the chances of this gameplay being added with little over a week from launch is reduced greatly. But I wouldn't put past the devs at Maxis. I know that they can add this to the game because Cottage Living drops on Thursday of next week. And the devs have pulled a rabbit from their hat on more than one occasion.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2021

I'm hopeful we ll get a blog this week on this and I want to know as well about Seasons in Henley on Bagley and whether the leaves change color in Autumn and if it snows in Winter.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I do agree with you on the fact that the chances of this gameplay being added with little over a week from launch is reduced greatly. But I wouldn't put past the devs at Maxis. I know that they can add this to the game because Cottage Living drops on Thursday of next week. And the devs have pulled a rabbit from their hat on more than one occasion.

I don't think they've ever added a new feature a week before a pack releases... If it's not already in the pack I don't think they will change it so soon.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I have a question about the bonus content and apparently, Origin has a link that explains it but I can't get it to load those details on my PC or phone. :weary:
    cottage.png
    Will we receive a special code for the content along with a link sort of how Sims 3 limited edition content worked?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Bear in mind that both the livestream and all of the gamechanger videos we've seen have been based solely on a version of the EP with the basegame only and no content from other packs.

In other words, obviously we haven't seen any cross-functionality, because they literally did not have access to the other packs.

That doesn't mean dogs and cats necessarily will have interactions with the new animals, it just means that we have no earthly way of knowing one way or the other at this point. Unless, of course, one of the gurus says something on twitter. But we are inherently unable to deduce that from any video that has been released.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Cats and dogs don’t really acknowledge each other and they were in the same pack.

It would be great if cats or dogs had some connection to CL.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I have a question about the bonus content and apparently, Origin has a link that explains it but I can't get it to load those details on my PC or phone. :weary:
    cottage.png
    Will we receive a special code for the content along with a link sort of how Sims 3 limited edition content worked?

I also have a question about the bonus content. If I unlock the bonus content now and switch to a new computer next year, can I use the bonus content when I have to reinstall the game on that new pc? How did this work in the sims 3 era?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Bear in mind that both the livestream and all of the gamechanger videos we've seen have been based solely on a version of the EP with the basegame only and no content from other packs.

In other words, obviously we haven't seen any cross-functionality, because they literally did not have access to the other packs.

That doesn't mean dogs and cats necessarily will have interactions with the new animals, it just means that we have no earthly way of knowing one way or the other at this point. Unless, of course, one of the gurus says something on twitter. But we are inherently unable to deduce that from any video that has been released.

That's why I've asked TheSims on Twitter to put up a blog on cross functionality.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited July 2021
    @SimplyJen On the email receipt it says you get the EP and the pre-order items, so it will install both when the pack releases.

@Atreya33 It saves to your origin account. This computer I have is the 3rd computer I bought since the sims 4 was released and I bought the deluxe version. Which gives me the flaming bar. Which is in my game every time I do an new install of the game.

But you can only have one install of the game, you can't have two computers playing the same game, unless you buy 2 copies of the game. That's how it works with steam and I assume origin.
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    cottage.png

I also have a question about the bonus content. If I unlock the bonus content now and switch to a new computer next year, can I use the bonus content when I have to reinstall the game on that new pc? How did this work in the sims 3 era?
    @SimplyJen On the email receipt it says you get the EP and the pre-order items, so it will install both when the pack releases.

@Atreya33 It saves to your origin account. This computer I have is the 3rd computer I bought since the sims 4 was released and I bought the deluxe version. Which gives me the flaming bar. Which is in my game every time I do an new install of the game.

So it will be the same as the deluxe content. Thanks.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

But you can only have one install of the game, you can't have two computers playing the same game, unless you buy 2 copies of the game. That's how it works with steam and I assume origin.

Hmm… I often test mods and CC on my husband’s computer before updating on my own computer. I can download the game and the latest patch on his computer and mine.

I can only be online with origin on one computer at the time I presume.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Hmm… I often test mods and CC on my husband’s computer before updating on my own computer. I can download the game and the latest patch on his computer and mine.

I can only be online with origin on one computer at the time I presume.

Yes, I know it works like that for the game and the regular dlc. (thanks for explaining anyway) I was just wondering how the bonus content will be handled. Will it be an extra bit of dlc like the deluxe upgrade? Or will it only install before September 2nd and not anymore if the game has to be reinstalled after that date?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

Cats and dogs don’t really acknowledge each other and they were in the same pack.

It would be great if cats or dogs had some connection to CL.

I think if there was cross pack functionality with C&D, they'd mentioned it by now in a tweet or the lifestream. Silence usually means No (and they may resort to "explaining" that cats and dogs are supposed to be companion animals and having them chase off foxes would be forcing the pet to work). Of course I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I expect.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options

That's why I've asked TheSims on Twitter to put up a blog on cross functionality.

Thanks!

I think if there was cross pack functionality with C&D, they'd mentioned it by now in a tweet or the lifestream. Silence usually means No (and they may resort to "explaining" that cats and dogs are supposed to be companion animals and having them chase off foxes would be forcing the pet to work). Of course I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I expect.

You may be right, unfortunately. But, one of the gurus did specifically say that they want us to discover some surprises after we get the pack (sorry, can't remember which one). They've told us a lot, but I don't think they've told us everything.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited July 2021
    Have they said or has their been a video showing how much "generous space" they give the cows/llamas? I'm curious when building a fence for them and chickens how big to make it past the squares, or up to the squares end point.
    Thanks!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Thanks!

You may be right, unfortunately. But, one of the gurus did specifically say that they want us to discover some surprises after we get the pack (sorry, can't remember which one). They've told us a lot, but I don't think they've told us everything.

Just today James Turner was saying he thought dogs would be able to chase off foxes. He didn't mention his reason for thinking that, though, and it is possible that he could just be basing that conviction on the behaviour of dogs in the Sims 3.

Personally, I am hopeful that pets and animals will be able to interact with each other. I have actually sometimes been impressed by the cross functionality between packs. The fact that dogs could swim in Island Living and the gorgeous effects of the unique Monsoon were a real surprise to me. So I think there will be some benefits to having all the other packs with Cottage Living.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Have they said or has their been a video showing how much "generous space" they give the cows/llamas? I'm curious when building a fence for them and chickens how big to make it past the squares.
    Thanks!

From what I've seen, Cows and Llamas stay mostly within the designated space outside the shed (total 10x9 footprint, though the shed is only like 3x8 of that) while chickens the coop is only 3x4, but without a fence the chickens can end up on the other side of the neighborhood - and in a large neighborhood, that's quite a ways.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Have they said or has their been a video showing how much "generous space" they give the cows/llamas? I'm curious when building a fence for them and chickens how big to make it past the squares.
    Thanks!

From what I've seen, Cows and Llamas stay mostly within the designated space outside the shed (total 10x9 footprint, though the shed is only like 3x8 of that) while chickens the coop is only 3x4, but without a fence the chickens can end up on the other side of the neighborhood - and in a large neighborhood, that's quite a ways.

Ah the cows only staying in the grid makes sense, had no idea the chickens would go that far! I'll probably make the area around chickens larger to have a picnic table and such, or maybe next to a pond.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Just today James Turner was saying he thought dogs would be able to chase off foxes. He didn't mention his reason for thinking that, though, and it is possible that he could just be basing that conviction on the behaviour of dogs in the Sims 3.

Yeah, I noticed that! It did make me wonder whether he was just assuming it, or whether he had that impression because of something that one of the gurus might have said specifically to some of the gamechangers.