Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Wow really, that's so cool. B) Thanks @Simmerville. Six lot traits, this is so going to be fun. :p
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Wow really, that's so cool. B) Thanks @Simmerville. Six lot traits, this is so going to be fun. :p

I don't think they are lot traits. I think lot traits are separate from challenges. 3 challenges (I think they are mini games) and 3 lot traits.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

That's awesome. So if I wanted to, I can put on every single lot challenge on the lot and still have room for lot traits.

As I've seen, Off-The-Grid has become a lot challenge. Does that mean that "Recycle and Reduce" and some other locked apartment traits and other negative effects giving traits also become lot challenges? I guess only time will tell...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    That was a lovely trailer with a voice that was MUCH more tolerable than usually :) and the weeks just flew by. I didn't even know a trailer had dropped or that June was already over. AND the 21st is a national holiday so I should have plenty of time to play for once 😊
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Did anyone else notice the turtle sitting on the log in the pond? It was the screenshot where the sim is fishing while the toddler was splashing in the pond, there's a turtle sitting on that log. So I guess we're also getting turtles as pond animals too!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did anyone else notice the turtle sitting on the log in the pond? It was the screenshot where the sim is fishing while the toddler was splashing in the pond, there's a turtle sitting on that log. So I guess we're also getting turtles as pond animals too!

I missed that. I'll have to go back in look. It's probably part of the SFX things we get to choose like the alligators which I wish they would show.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

I missed that. I'll have to go back in look. It's probably part of the SFX things we get to choose like the alligators which I wish they would show.

There's so much awesome stuff coming in this pack, it's nearly impossible to make a comprehensive list of it all? I'm freeze clicking my way through the trailer trying to spot all the new things and am blown away by all the new items (both bb and gameplay).

I've already forewarned my hubby that on July 22nd I'll be disappearing into our home office and most likely won't be coming up for air for at least a few days. *snicker snicker* :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    There is a Gazebo in the ruins area. I saw it.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Cowplant Jam: Did anyone else besides me noticed that one of the canning jars in the list of things that can be made into jam in the official gameplay trailer had a picture of a cowplant on it?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Cowplant Jam: Did anyone else besides me noticed that one of the canning jars in the list of things that can be made into jam in the official gameplay trailer had a picture of a cowplant on it?

I saw that too. I wonder how many cowplant berries it will take to make one jar?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I saw that too. I wonder how many cowplant berries it will take to make one jar?

Maybe it's made from cowplant juice? Make jam out of your enemies :D
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Ewwww! :lol:
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

Maybe, but you can also make it with yourself just not of the lethal life milk kind. o:)
  • Options
    I think all jams will be available at the grocery stall if you don't want to make them.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Honestly, I just want to know if the Animal Enthusiast trait is for CAS or from the Rewards store. If it's the reward store, I can start making the Sims I want to use in the new update now. I'd like some of them to have a university background, so it would be nice to get started on that now. Does anyone know if they've mentioned that already?
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Has it been confirmed if llamas/cows are restricted to HoB world or can they be placed elsewhere?
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed if llamas/cows are restricted to HoB world or can they be placed elsewhere?

I'm pretty sure they're attached to the barn object, and you can place that on any lot.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member

Yeah, I think I'll pass :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

@BlueR0se
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Every kid born in the 90s is gonna have a Llama named Tina soon 😆
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2021
    Not sure if someone mentioned this already but this EP seems to be inspired from Harvest Moon...

No mention of new career yet in the Sims Wiki
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_4:_Cottage_Living
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    The Guru's mentioned there's no offical career but you can make a viable living just farming. And considering how much of a money maker gardening is...
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I don't know, hopefully they'll shed some more light on that in the live stream that's coming up this Thursday.
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    The Guru's mentioned there's no offical career but you can make a viable living just farming. And considering how much of a money maker gardening is...

Really? I expected something like Farmer career with 10 levels