Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I wonder when they going to start answering questions again.

I know this isn't my thread but can we please keep it on the topic of Cottage Living facts? That way it's easier to sift through and be notified when there is new info.

Lol, this is not a facts thread anymore, it's just a discussion thread. I gave up on seeing any facts pages ago and sifting through to find future facts will probably not be an easy task.

I think the reason it became a discussion thread instead of a facts thread was because the facts suddenly dried up, for now. But we can (and my hope is we will) restore it to being a facts thread as soon as any new facts come out.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Milk Bread? Bread made with milk? Or soaked in milk and then cooked, like French Toast?

We have milk bread here in Switzerland and I've seen it in other European countries as well. It's usually in the form of small buns.
    Milk is mixed to the dough when making them.

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

I know this isn't my thread but can we please keep it on the topic of Cottage Living facts? That way it's easier to sift through and be notified when there is new info.

It'd probably be best if the OP edited the original post to include all of the facts posted in this thread, then we wouldn't need to look through everything.
    He/Him
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I am keeping it on topic.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Maybe you can contact a moderator to clean up your thread by deleting the off topic posts, since so many took it off topic. I was looking forward to seeing some facts. I hope you can get it cleaned up.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Maybe you can contact a moderator to clean up your thread by deleting the off topic posts, since so many took it off topic. I was looking forward to seeing some facts. I hope you can get it cleaned up.

All the facts are on papge 1 and I think 2. I wish we could get more info. Once the gameplay trailer is out I'll add more facts.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll just say that I don't think people asking about concepts from the pack or talking about the culture being featured in the pack is off topic. It's similar to discussing Japan when Snowy Escape came out. I didn't know that vending machines are complex in Japan and wouldn't have paid attention if it hadn't been highlighted, for example. I also wouldn't have known about the issues around the shrine and Japanese religious practice.

That said, it's not a bad idea to have a feature focus at the front. Ok, a lot of people are talking about foods. I think there is a percentage of players who like to play with different new foods and a percentage of others who really don't care. I don't think people understanding what is in the pack and giving feedback are a problem.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think people were expecting a thread similar to Luth's info threads where she made it clear it wasn't a discussion thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/982543/snowy-escape-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1

I've spoken with Luth and with her mod update threads and job and family responsibilities she just doesn't have time to do the info thread. At least for the time being.

Thanks @catloverplayer for trying to collect all the info.

Ooo maybe we could try making a thread like that for cottage living even though it's kinda late lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’ve never heard of milk bread but bread pudding is very popular in the uk it’s bread baked in milk, egg and raisins. Maybe the milk bread in the game similar to this. I googled milk bread and it’s a Japanese type of bread which wouldn’t fit for this pack.

Perhaps they try to reach out to more corners of the RL world than just England, by including small details like a Japanese milk bread? I thought the retro song on the CL trailer had a Japanese feel to it. Knowing some pop artists intentionally flirted with Asian sounds in the 80s, but I thought it was a weird song for a farming pack.

I understand what you mean but the last ep was based on a Japanese world so if it is milk bread from Japan surely it would have made sense to put it that pack. This is a pack inspired by rural England but then there is a dish that looks like lasagne which is Italian so maybe they are mixing it up a bit.

The reason they probably put milk pudding in this pack is because we are going to now have milk to use in recipe’s.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

All the facts are on papge 1 and I think 2. I wish we could get more info. Once the gameplay trailer is out I'll add more facts.

Is that a fact? :D
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

I didn't mean to imply that you were off-topic. You're the OP so I just directed the question to you.

But I do understand it's been dry lately. Hopefully, we hear more info soon. 🙂
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Ok first of all very happy for Cottage Living. Now, about that certain Telephone Booth. Does anyone know if it comes in TARDIS blue? My David Tennant's sim Doctor would like to know. :D;):p

Red telephone boxes = a British standard.

not seen one of those for a long time
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    If you look closely at the top of Bagley Falls, there appears to be what looks to be an entrance to a cave up there. I have asked if there is a cave up there in another thread on here. And I have also asked in that same thread if sims can explore that cave, like they do in the one in Sulani.

so excited for the pond tool and items it comes with with B)
    that pick <3
    looking forward to building on that lot B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Has anyone asked if the pack will come with new Whims? Maybe it would be a good time to ask since it isn’t out yet. I don’t use twitter, though.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Has anyone asked if the pack will come with new Whims? Maybe it would be a good time to ask since it isn’t out yet. I don’t use twitter, though.
    I don't know about whims! But someone did ask if new aspirations are coming in this Pack. I don't think that it was Frost, but one of the SimsGurus that was doing the second Q & A for Cottage Living did say, [ More on that soon ]. And I believe that it was Romeo and not Frost whom said that. So if there are any new whims coming in Cottage Living, we'll likely hear about that when they release info on any new aspirations.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    And there will be a new trait; Animal Enthusiast. Or is that the aspiration?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

It's already an aspiration if you have cats and dogs.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

It's already an aspiration if you have cats and dogs.
    No it isn't. It is a new trait coming with Cottage Living.

From the official blog:

"Sims with the Animal Enthusiast Trait especially love taking care of critters. Your relationship with each animal impacts how they respond to you, and treats can help you gain their favor."

The traits from Cats and Dogs aspiration are Animal Affection and Animal Whisper.

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really hope they add a category of likes/dislikes in this pack for animals! It would be fun to make sims love or hate certain critters and have reactions! They could add cats, dogs, foxes, and raccoons to this section for those who have the Cats and Dogs expansion. Anything to further customize my Sims gets me excited! :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, the traits from Cats and Dogs are Cat Lover and Dog Lover. The above traits might be from a mod.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    No, the traits from Cats and Dogs are Cat Lover and Dog Lover. The above traits might be from a mod.

No, they are from C&D. Animal Affection is the bonus trait from choosing an Animal aspiration and Animal Whisperer is the reward trait from completing said aspiration.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Awesome :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Ok, here's some facts that I learned about:
    The new foxes aren't dogs.
    There's a livable lot in the green mountain.
    There's a pretty prairie dress.
    And sims can actually grow a proper garden. ;)