Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    thanks for that!
    So if you want a cow but you live on a 20x15 lot you should basically just move in with it!LOL

Or, just live underground. That might be fun

well, I just did a quick experiment on a 20x15 lot and built a very nice 1 bed modern treehouse with a 2 bed house in a basement using only 5x5 of the ground level....meaning you could easily fit a family, an animal shed, a chicken coop and some gardening plots on the smallest lot size!

Can you please post a pic?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Fun Fact: While watching one of the GC's video tours around the HoB neighbourhoods, I noticed a fun little detail that the devs added to this particular world that isn't in any other world:

Just like in the real UK, sim vehicles are all driving on the wrong left side of the road! :D

The amount of times I got almost run over by a car when I was in England for a summer :s
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Fun Fact: While watching one of the GC's video tours around the HoB neighbourhoods, I noticed a fun little detail that the devs added to this particular world that isn't in any other world:

Just like in the real UK, sim vehicles are all driving on the wrong left side of the road! :D

Cool.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Cars drive on the left side in Britechester too. But they can be seen only in the distance, so that's not obvious. :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They also drive on the left side of the road in Japan as well.
    But I'm not really sure since I don't know all the details about why people in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales drive on the left side of the road. But I suspect it might have something to do with jousting. In jousting, some riders would hold their lances in their right hand. But their lance would be placed over the horse's neck with the point of the lance to the rider's left. And pointed at their opponent who would be on their left. This is all just speculation on why people drive on the left in the U.K.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    In Australia we drive on the left side too.

As most people are right-handed, the driver would sit to the right of the seat so his whip hand was free. Traffic congestion in 18th century London led to a law being passed to make all traffic on London Bridge keep to the left in order to reduce collisions. ... Today, only 35% of countries drive on the left.
    lori171957 wrote: »

As most people are right-handed, the driver would sit to the right of the seat so his whip hand was free. Traffic congestion in 18th century London led to a law being passed to make all traffic on London Bridge keep to the left in order to reduce collisions. ... Today, only 35% of countries drive on the left.
    But wouldn't the driver use his or her right hand as their whip hand since their right hand is the dominate hand?
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »

But wouldn't the driver use his or her right hand as their whip hand since their right hand is the dominate hand?

If you sit on the far right of a cart your right hand is free to whip the horse. Something I personally deplore, I am guessing they wouldn't have liked a whipping.

We sit in the right hand side of our cars.

If you sit on the far right of a cart your right hand is free to whip the horse. Something I personally deplore, I am guessing they wouldn't have liked a whipping.

We sit in the right hand side of our cars.
    True, and I too thought that whipping a horse just to get it to pull the cart or wagon is cruel. But the cart's or wagon's hand-break would be on the right as well. I know this to be true because we had an old grain wagon sitting in our back yard for years when I was growing up. And it's hand-break was also on the right side.
    Yeah that's true! And I've never noticed any moving cars in Mt. Komorebi before, but decided to check. And background cars indeed drive on the left there too.

somewhsome wrote: »
    Yeah that's true! And I've never noticed any moving cars in Mt. Komorebi before, but decided to check. And background cars indeed drive on the left there too.
    I knew a US airman who was stationed in Japan years ago. He was a nice guy, and he got shipped States-side. But he had a Nissan that was made in Japan. His Nissan was a small sporty little car, I believe was a hatch-back. He brought it to the States when he got shipped State-side. And he was driving it one night, when met up with him. And I asked him, why is your steering-wheel on the right side? And he told me, it's because they drive on the left side of the road in Japan.
    I knew a US airman who was stationed in Japan years ago. He was a nice guy, and he got shipped States-side. But he had a Nissan that was made in Japan. His Nissan was a small sporty little car, I believe was a hatch-back. He brought it to the States when he got shipped State-side. And he was driving it one night, when met up with him. And I asked him, why is your steering-wheel on the right side? And he told me, it's because they drive on the left side of the road in Japan.

Yeah, on the Russian Far East, especially in the cities that are close to Japan, right-hand drive cars are very common, even though Russia has right-hand traffic. Just because it's easier and cheaper to buy Japanese cars straight from Japan there.

I'm wondering, if we'll ever get cars in the Sims 4, will there be two wheel variants, as we kinda already have two traffic sides. That would be interesting.

Yeah, on the Russian Far East, especially in the cities that are close to Japan, right-hand drive cars are very common, even though Russia has right-hand traffic. Just because it's easier and cheaper to buy Japanese cars straight from Japan there.

I'm wondering, if we'll ever get cars in the Sims 4, will there be two wheel variants, as we kinda already have two traffic sides. That would be interesting.
    Well the devs haven't rule out the possibility of adding cars to Sims 4 yet. So there's still hope in that cars may end up in the game at some point in the future. But how will the cars be added to the game? Will they be added through a patch or Pack? And on top of that, will the sims be able to keep cars on their home lot? Or will they just walk to the curb and get in one? Like they do in Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets console version.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited July 2021
    Your sim will sometimes get a buff from swimming up to the waterfalls at Cordelia Falls.

The waterfall above the ones you can swim to has a fishing spot.

Source

Iron Seagull's World Overview
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

The amount of times I got almost run over by a car when I was in England for a summer :s

Why did the British drive on the left?
    In Britain there wasn’t much call for these massive wagons and the smaller British vehicles had seats for the driver to sit on behind the horses. As most people are right-handed, the driver would sit to the right of the seat so his whip hand was free.

At least our traffic lights work! When I lived in the US it was "no turn on red", the green walk sign doesn't stop all traffic like it does here in the UK. The speed limit is 55mph yet everyone's doing 90mph. Was so glad to return home.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    If they added particular touches to the driving system then do you think we can expect cars gameplay in the future sometimes? I did't notice any changes to the cars driving, but how do you guys can tell on which side is the driver's seat as we can't see inside the cars?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

Wonder if we can order delivery when we are on vacation. Currently the pizza guys don't deliver and it would make sense to order take out and not cook while on vacation.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I didn't know that in Britain, that the red traffic light means go & green traffic light means stop.
    Well that explains everything. Now I know where the makers of the Starman movie got their ideas. :D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I didn't know that in Britain, that the red traffic light means go & green traffic light means stop.
    Well that explains everything. Now I know where the makers of the Starman movie got their ideas. :D

You off your nut? :D
  • LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    Did they talk about possible interactions with the Cats & Dogs pack?
    Like if we have a dog can they scare away the wild foxes? Can they interact with the farm animals?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    They haven't given us any information on cross pack functionality.