Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    I freaking hate graduations. One, it promps the game to generate a million ❤️❤️❤️❤️ broken cc-wearing townies. Two, sims are too dumb to wait for gradiation to start and keep running off to do whatever nonsense that comes to their minds, making them miss the event. And even if they don't, it gets bugged half of the time, so that they never recieve the graduation pic and diploma.
    I turned the autonomy off, but my sim still kept trying to go chat with his friends and random strangers all over the town, so I don't understand what's the point of turning autonomy off even is, if I still won't be able to control my sim.

oof. thats why my sims are never in uni. its a buggy mess, and it has always been, since sims 3. i refuse to play school-like gameplay until these people learn how to properly code a game :*
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Im tired of seeing U.S or european-centric worlds. There is so much more out there. Please explore it.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    I also don't like how the game is so obsessed with sex...you cant slow dance with your partner at their anniversary party or wedding, but you can have sex in a dumpster. Gross.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I also don't like how the game is so obsessed with sex...you cant slow dance with your partner at their anniversary party or wedding, but you can have sex in a dumpster. Gross.

The game is very lacking in romance in general. The way sims will woohoo together and then just jump out of bed like it was nothing. I find that behavior very cold, unromantic and unrealistic. This is supposed to be a life simulator but it's lacks so much basic human interactions. :(
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I also wish Sims could slow dance, or at least rest their hands on their partner's waist when they dance together. Maybe it could be a possible romantic interaction, with the possibility of their partner moving their hands away. "Now, now..."
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member

Hey! My simself's first time was in a dumpster. I was playing a different household at the time and they showed up at the community garden. Who are you do ridicule her life choices? :lol:
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

The game is very lacking in romance in general. The way sims will woohoo together and then just jump out of bed like it was nothing. I find that behavior very cold, unromantic and unrealistic. This is supposed to be a life simulator but it's lacks so much basic human interactions. :(

Yeah, romance is so lacking in this game, forget the woohooing. Just the physical intimacy is so tame, makes me long for the over-exaggerated, risque animations of TS2. xD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited June 2021
    I freaking hate graduations. One, it promps the game to generate a million ❤️❤️❤️❤️ broken cc-wearing townies. Two, sims are too dumb to wait for gradiation to start and keep running off to do whatever nonsense that comes to their minds, making them miss the event. And even if they don't, it gets bugged half of the time, so that they never recieve the graduation pic and diploma.
    I turned the autonomy off, but my sim still kept trying to go chat with his friends and random strangers all over the town, so I don't understand what's the point of turning autonomy off even is, if I still won't be able to control my sim.

This reminds me of an old patch note from The Sims 3: "Sims who are on fire will no longer be forced to attend their own graduation before they can put themselves out."

ETA: It is true that Sims would suffer--sometimes greatly--in TS2 if you didn't grant their Wants (and suffered even more if one of their Fears came true), and this did make gameplay quite hard at times, especially since relationships progressed far more slowly and were more difficult to maintain, and therefore, social interactions (not to mention romantic ones) were more likely to be rejected.

TS3 and TS4 do not have that mechanic, however. Wishes and Whims are truly optional.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I know is an unpopular opinion, but I don't like lilsimsie builds, they are generic and uninspiring builds I've ever seen and her obnoxious fans celebrate her talent?! My beef: Dr Gluon rebuild the unique "house" from the ingame houserenovation channel and let her renovate it. What she did? She destroyed the old build and created the most generic and boring upper class wasp home out of it. Enough said.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I think they should bring back fears in some form. Well not like the new fear emotion that turned every Sim into a sissy regardless of traits, afraid even if another Sim simply sneaks up and says: Boo!

I mean specific fears, linked to either traits or aspirations. Having something they consider to be the worst thing that happens to them.

Like, your choice of traits could maybe give you a selection of fears and you pick one. Must pick one, of course some are more likely to come true than others so you can pretty much adjust your own difficulty like that.

For example for a lazy Sim, joining any career that focuses a lot on athletic would be their worst fear. Army or sports, they'd be miserable every minute at work and want to quit their job. Easily avoided of course.

For a jealous Sim it could be their partner cheating on them, which, if they ever bring back sims flirting on their own in the series, could be a real problem.

For an ambitious Sim it could be being demoted from a job. Which really should be more of a risk again in the series.

But if you really want a hard game, you could have something like a glutton sim who fears to go hungry, a neat sim who fears to smell badly and things like that related to a mood bar being low.

They'd still dislike other things of course, but the one thing would be their worst fear. If it happens, they freak out and will feel miserable for days. There no doubt would be aspiration rewards and other things that could let you cheat out of that, but still that would be optional.

And that fear could also be used wonderfully in some of the more occult stuff. Like a tomb with a treasure guardian that forces a Sim to face their worst fear. Could even be a way to remove that fear for good after they are forced to experience it and other challenges.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't want more tiny lots (20x15) or more apartments, it's all too cramped, I like the mid and larger sized lots so much more, you can expand those more easily as your sim or sim family progresses. The really big lots are what you strive for when your sim 'makes it'.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    I know is an unpopular opinion, but I don't like lilsimsie builds, they are generic and uninspiring builds I've ever seen and her obnoxious fans celebrate her talent?! My beef: Dr Gluon rebuild the unique "house" from the ingame houserenovation channel and let her renovate it. What she did? She destroyed the old build and created the most generic and boring upper class wasp home out of it. Enough said.

I agree with everything you have said about her builds. I find them boring and old fashioned decor and the renovations she does with the maxis builds I don’t like either. Personally I think there are better builders out there in the game changer programme
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like what CallMeKevin does with sims. Apparently EA patched a lot out of the game due to his shenanigans but I find it hilarious.
  • Options
    jentom97jentom97 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a couple... I don't particularly care for custom content and haven't used/downloaded any since my Sims 2 days, I almost always turn off aging because I don't like seeing my sims die (I used to be scared of the Grim Reaper LOL), I don't care to "mistreat" my sims and do my best to have all of their needs filled at all times, most of the default sims are hideous!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I really don't care for American type worlds. I love many other culture worlds as well as weird alien type worlds.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I really don't care for American type worlds. I love many other culture worlds as well as weird alien type worlds.

Same here @SERVERFRA , I wish there was a bit more variety in the worlds. I'm ok with a few of them inspired by different settings in North America (and now the ones inspired by Europe are also multiplying), but then I also wish I could play with my Sims in worlds that depict other types of places, clearly based on environmental and cultural elements from other parts of the world. Like Australia, India, Sub-Saharan Africa...

I think with San Myshuno in particular the opportunity to make it look like a Chinese/Japanese metropolis (or maybe with a Singapore or Dubai vibe) was missed while it would have been very refreshing as opposed to having a NY/San Francisco type of place.

I'd welcome (and promptly buy) stuff packs or even kits that added more such elements to the game in terms of CAS and BB items. But I would also like to have actual worlds that show more environmental variety.

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Yes i am getting bored of the eurocentric/north american worlds.

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Piling on an opinion here to agree kinda calls into question whether you all understand what a UNpopular opinion is.

Here's one - the only life stage that really needs expanded play is Elders. This will be tricky, because obviously action adventure and wild nightlife are not the draw. Sell us on maturity and a slower pace, without falling into stereotypes. Now there's a challenge.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    I dislike that every favorite by everyone you follow in gallery has to show up in your own news feed.

I mean it is lovely that downloads gets favorites, naturally, I did that with almost everything I downloaded. Until I realized that was the case, after that I limited it only to those creations what really made me in "awe".
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    Theres a lot of pages here so forgive me if I'm just repeating a common one:

I don't really want cars /that/ bad... Like it's kind of turned into something that if its not added in base game I don't care too much: I won't be scrambling to get my hands on a car-themed pack. The only thing that would make me intrigued is if we could fix cars up like in the Sims 2.

I think Strangerville was a really good pack: aside from the questionable builds (which are pretty common in general) I think it added a really quirky and *ahem* strange story for this title. I like having my sims move there with the mother plant active or not because it has such a distinct feel to it and I think the townies are fun as well. I also use the build/buy and CAS items a lot!

Get Together is an extremely underrated pack. I will talk your ear off about how much of a staple it is.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I know who Glass Animals and Bebe Rexha are. I never heard of Joy Oladokun before Sims Sessions. Hands down my favorite event the Sims 4 has had so far and just imagining all the possibilities for future events like X-Games and Special Olympics. There is just so much potential. I wish it was longer, but I enjoyed it more than all the City Living events even with the Spice Festival and Flea Market being my favorite of those.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »

I agree about the romance thing, it does feel very cold with interactions. I would love slow dancing in the game and use a mod for it which I enjoy although it does have some clipping issues. It bothers me that Sims don't cuddle in bed and often feels like the bed is nothing more than two beds put together. It would be sweet to have more subtle romantic interactions in the game like holding hands too and having a picnic together. Family interactions in general need improving. I would love Sims to play activities like beach volley ball and baseball together in groups. There is just a loss of connection in general for the Sims and with the pandemic it does feel like Sims are practicing social distancing too. I had to endure the horror of Sims not even kissing each other and just having duck lips before that visual bug got fixed. I find the woohoo in the Sims 4 very tame compared to its predecessors and majority of them are rabbit holes anyways, so it is very censored not seeing anything.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I've never liked the Goths

I can't stand clutter so I tend to bulldoze homes I download from the gallery and wind up building my own

I don't like 2 story homes on 20x15 lots

Myshuno > Windenberg

I get bored with kids and delete them only to have more and then delete them as well (I get way, way too attached to my created parent sims)

Not a fan of legacy ^ see above 😆
  • Options
    EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    I've never liked the Goths

I can't stand clutter so I tend to bulldoze homes I download from the gallery and wind up building my own

I don't like 2 story homes on 20x15 lots

Myshuno > Windenberg

I get bored with kids and delete them only to have more and then delete them as well (I get way, way too attached to my created parent sims)

Not a fan of legacy ^ see above 😆

I love the apartments in the game but, I just wish they weren’t buggy. Everything you’ve said is the truth!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I expect this to be a very unpopular opinion but... I wish male Sims had a little bulge in their crotch. o:) Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about something too revealing, or sexualised or vulgar. Just a little hint as a reminder we all know men have something down there and it's perfectly natural and normal for them to. It makes me cringe to see them in their current sanded down design, I feel like they were horribly mutilated or something. :'(

I actually agree with this. We can customise boob size, so why not crotch bulge?

*opens wallet at the very idea of a bulge slider*

Strictly for...scientific purposes I swear!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top