Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    [quote="EvilinPink;c-17927894"][quote="wahini2024;c-17927856"]I've never liked the Goths

I can't stand clutter so I tend to bulldoze homes I download from the gallery and wind up building my own

I don't like 2 story homes on 20x15 lots

Myshuno > Windenberg

I get bored with kids and delete them only to have more and then delete them as well (I get way, way too attached to my created parent sims)

Not a fan of legacy ^ see above 😆[/quote]

I love the apartments in the game but, I just wish they weren’t buggy. Everything you’ve said is the truth![/quote]

I loooove apartments..I do wish they weren't as buggy as they are and a wee more dog friendly. Like, why can't my dog poo in a box of my cat can? The Goths were awful to my first sim in sims 1 so I couldn't get promoted...Ive had sentiment "festering grudge" ever since 😄
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Piling on an opinion here to agree kinda calls into question whether you all understand what a UNpopular opinion is.

This stopped being an actual unpopular opinion thread long ago. It's mostly just another "What I Don't Like About Sims 4" thread.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just because a few people agree with you doesnt make your opinion popular. If seemingly majority of people disagree, its still unpopular. Theres also degrees of unpopular and popular.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just because a few people agree with you doesnt make your opinion popular. If seemingly majority of people disagree, its still unpopular. Theres also degrees of unpopular and popular.
    Exactly, it is ok to disagree on opinions. We all have different likes and dislikes just like our Sims. <3

Also thought you should know a SimGuru posted this since I remember you like anime and manga, so might be something you would enjoy maybe:

Remember those Sims comics? I kind of miss when Gurus were doing those, they were fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2021
    Focusing more on diversity and inclusivity in the Sims 4, is causing less focus in terms of important content like gameplay, CAS (traits/aspirations), and bugs that haven’t been fixed. I don’t care if my sim has to look like me, I just want to play the game without my computer having a stroke with all of the lag. I want to have fun playing a life simulation game again..
  • JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    I do not care for the Goths, the Landgraabs, or any of the families that come with the game. I always replace them with my own sims and feel guilty about it afterwards because the creators have put so much work into creating them. :(
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I'm fine with the limited number of lots in each world. Better than that what the Sims 3 was, which was an unoptimized buggy mess. (Would like to freely visit neighbors but eh, limitations)
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    EvilinPink wrote: »
    Focusing more on diversity and inclusivity in the Sims 4, is causing less focus in terms of important content like gameplay, CAS (traits/aspirations), and bugs that haven’t been fixed. I don’t care if my sim has to look like me, I just want to play the game without my computer having a stroke with all of the lag. I want to have fun playing a life simulation game again..

This, so much. Diversity and inclusivity are all well and good, but not at the cost of actual game development and gameplay. the team really needs to refocus on it's priorities, which should be to create a better game than what they started with and not this ridiculous woke Twitter nonsense.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I expect this to be a very unpopular opinion but... I wish male Sims had a little bulge in their crotch. o:) Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about something too revealing, or sexualised or vulgar. Just a little hint as a reminder we all know men have something down there and it's perfectly natural and normal for them to. It makes me cringe to see them in their current sanded down design, I feel like they were horribly mutilated or something. :'(

I actually agree with this. We can customise boob size, so why not crotch bulge?

*opens wallet at the very idea of a bulge slider*

Strictly for...scientific purposes I swear!

Don't worry, I belive you. :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2021
    I think a farming expansion would be completely useless.

2 years later, Cottage Living is on the way 😁
  • Coraline_029Coraline_029 Posts: 71 Member
    Cheats should never be enabled.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 445 Member
    Eh, the game leaves you no choice when you need 8000 happiness points just to get the bravery trait for any sim you don't want to act like a sissy for hours because someone yelled 'boo' at them.

Have to cheat in those points. Or play Sims 3 instead which I'm doing currently. Only used cheats there to ensure the neighbourhood would have the collectibles that where added in expansions and couldn't be accessed otherwise, like on a vacation destination.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited July 2021
    Piling on an opinion here to agree kinda calls into question whether you all understand what a UNpopular opinion is.

This stopped being an actual unpopular opinion thread long ago. It's mostly just another "What I Don't Like About Sims 4" thread.

I view this thread as different from that.

Some of the opinions might be 'her's where I think I'm out of sync with the community" and some of it is even "here is what like about Sims 4 that I feel others don't"

For example: I really liked Dream Home Decorator, but Cottage living is very low on my enthusiasm list - I primarily bought it to be a completionist. I really liked Island Living and the Mermaids (I originally avoided IL because I didn't want mermaids, and now they're a favorite for me) but don't much care for Seasons or Vampires. I'm big on the extreme casual 'just watch them goof around' playstyle and don't care for more 'gameplay mechanics / difficulty' (even though my post on the forums right before this was tips to someone suggesting using mods to ramp up gameplay where Maxis hasn't).

I like some NSFW mods, but also dislike that some 'official game elements' seem way too NSFW (like Alien forced pregnancy).

- All of that is not 'don't like about Sims' - it's a list of places where I suspect my opinion is not in sync with many others. ie: Unpopular opinions. ;)

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »

Some of the opinions might be 'her's where I think I'm out of sync with the community" and some of it is even "here is what like about Sims 4 that I feel others don't"

For example: I really liked Dream Home Decorator, but Cottage living is very low on my enthusiasm list - I primarily bought it to be a completionist. I really liked Island Living and the Mermaids (I originally avoided IL because I didn't want mermaids, and now they're a favorite for me) but don't much care for Seasons or Vampires. I'm big on the extreme casual 'just watch them goof around' playstyle and don't care for more 'gameplay mechanics / difficulty' (even though my post on the forums right before this was tips to someone suggesting using mods to ramp up gameplay where Maxis hasn't).

I like some NSFW mods, but also dislike that some 'official game elements' seem way too NSFW (like Alien forced pregnancy).

- All of that is not 'don't like about Sims' - it's a list of places where I suspect my opinion is not in sync with many others. ie: Unpopular opinions. ;)
    I think that is why I don't care for the 100 baby challenges because well it is forcing pregnancy on other Sims 100 times at least. I wish there was an option to turn story progression off and it is silly they locked the satellite behind a career.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Jyotai wrote: »

I think that is why I don't care for the 100 baby challenges because well it is forcing pregnancy on other Sims 100 times at least. I wish there was an option to turn story progression off and it is silly they locked the satellite behind a career.

I always thought, that I'm the only one who dislike the 100 baby challenge. For myself this challenge shows me the picture from women who are seen just as birth machines.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I love & prefer to play vanilla & a little bit disappointed that there's some builds with mod got Maxis Fav. Reported but no action taken.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    At a certain point the sims fans especially the ones who are disappointed in the way the series is heading (like me), will realize that sims 5 is not gonna magically "fix" everything.
    I understand we want to have hope and assume the faults the current iteration of the game will be fixed. The thing is that after EA has seen how much they can get away with they don't care at this point.

C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    Theres a lot of pages here so forgive me if I'm just repeating a common one:

I don't really want cars /that/ bad... Like it's kind of turned into something that if its not added in base game I don't care too much: I won't be scrambling to get my hands on a car-themed pack. The only thing that would make me intrigued is if we could fix cars up like in the Sims 2.

I think Strangerville was a really good pack: aside from the questionable builds (which are pretty common in general) I think it added a really quirky and *ahem* strange story for this title. I like having my sims move there with the mother plant active or not because it has such a distinct feel to it and I think the townies are fun as well. I also use the build/buy and CAS items a lot!

Get Together is an extremely underrated pack. I will talk your ear off about how much of a staple it is.

Agree whole heartedly with these. I LOVED the mechanic car-fix up hobby in Sims 2 and if cars did come back I'd want that to come back too. GT's club system is absolutely vital for my gameplay. Maybe could've used more nightlife activities but otherwise the system was really dynamic and game changing.

Strangerville was a great pack. The only complaint I have is that I wish we had more interactions/choices with the mother plant and that storyline and certain things were a bit more customizable. I really loved the setting, and the concept of the pack was good. Just needed more replayability aspects.
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    Here are a few:

1. The graphics in this game are beautiful.
    2. I hope they continue to make Sims 4 for years and never make a Sims 5.
    3. I wish there was an option to just pick a household that's already in the world in a new save, so I don't always have to create a Sim.
    4. Lilith Vatore is the hottest Sim in the game.
    5. I actually like the Journey To Batuu game pack and wish they'd do more crossover packs.
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Butterfreeguy I agree with #2

Because if they create Sims 5, everything will start again with base game and no packs.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @rhalius That sounds like my kind of game! :)
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 445 Member
    @Butterfreeguy I agree with #2

Because if they create Sims 5, everything will start again with base game and no packs.

Or they could just make a Sims 3 remaster with improved graphics, better stability and all expansions included and made to work a bit more together.

Main problem is that Sims 4's basegame has so many issues, graphics are indeed at a point where it does not need a graphical update any more so I do think they should move to a single Sims game and stop with sequels, just keep expanding the one game. With Sims 4 they do seem to finally have that stability since previous games all eventually got slowed down and more laggy after installing more than a few expansions.

So perhaps instead of a Sims 5, they should simply call the next one 'The Sims' and build it with the whole idea in mind that there never will be a sequel to it and that all new content is to this one game. So it would all be about laying down a very strong foundation to work from.

Sims 4 simply has too many fundamental issues for that. The emotions and lack of traits doing anything are problems so deep down the core that it can't ever be fixed.
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    Since these are unpopular opinions, let me say that I actually love the emotions. Yes, some of them should last longer, but other than that it's fine. Otherwise packs like Strangerville and paranormal stuff wouldn't be possible. 'Possessed' and 'scared' are emotions that really contribute to these packs.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I prefer english over simlish. The extra split second it takes to decipher the alphabet annoys my brain.
    English isn't my first language, but the jump from english to german is much shorter than from simlish script to latin script.

Shoutout to any cc creators who include english versions in their cc, it's very apprecciated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top