Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Daravi wrote: »

I always thought, that I'm the only one who dislike the 100 baby challenge. For myself this challenge shows me the picture from women who are seen just as birth machines.
    Yeah that too. I mean there is a reverse 100 baby challenge too for men. Still never cared for it myself.

Yeah that would be extremely disturbing to me. Too much like what happened to women during America's Slavery era.

That said, unlike the 'alien abduction' that isn't built into the game. It's something you choose to explore. And I'm fine with letting other people explore their kinks with fictional characters - I just don't want it 'built in'. Especially when it's exploring non-censual things like the alien forced pregnancy one. But even something where the 'story' is that it's consensual like I imagine this baby challenge's "backstory" aludes - I find it 'freaky' and am glad it's not 'built in' but something you need to set your game up for.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Origin should accept cash payments! I'm so sick of technical issues about paying through Paypal or VISA 😡

If the tech could do that, I'd be for it. I have this constant mental internal battle between not liking how every payment system exposes you to identity issues vs. how every method that doesn't has basically been turned over to criminal operations so... an unsolvable mess between privacy vs. security.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Origin should accept cash payments! I'm so sick of technical issues about paying through Paypal or VISA 😡

Have you considered buying an Origin gift card and using that instead? Not sure where you are, but Origin gift cards are sold in many places in the United States.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Yeah that would be extremely disturbing to me. Too much like what happened to women during America's Slavery era.

That said, unlike the 'alien abduction' that isn't built into the game. It's something you choose to explore. And I'm fine with letting other people explore their kinks with fictional characters - I just don't want it 'built in'. Especially when it's exploring non-censual things like the alien forced pregnancy one. But even something where the 'story' is that it's consensual like I imagine this baby challenge's "backstory" aludes - I find it 'freaky' and am glad it's not 'built in' but something you need to set your game up for.
    True it is an optional pack. Why those that don't want occults in their game should avoid it. 100 baby challenges have the double the points for alien pregnancies, so it is encouraged to go that route for extra the points. Aliens are the first occult to enter the challenge back in 2015 and started the double point for occult trend:
    https://www.sims4studiodownload.com/100-baby-challenge-rules/
    "One occult born is equivalent to two human children. So basically, it adds two to your total child count."

Anyway yeah see why I don't care for it. Because if aliens are considered mature rated then adding 100 pregnancies on top of it, well people are free to create adult rated content, just warn your viewers on Twitch and Youtube that your channel is for mature audiences only. There is the black widow challenge too which is similar to the 100 baby challenge, just you kill off the baby donors instead.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2021
    I mean there is a reverse 100 baby challenge too for men.

😱
    What on earth is a “reverse 100 baby challenge for men”?

Is this like a dude starting off with 100 babies and getting rid of them one by one?
    Even I could do a challenge like that. I’d be finished within one minute. 😅
    Pretty much, 1 male Sim getting 100 women pregnant, so yeah it is like the easier version of the 100 baby challenge:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/bvtezq/reverse_100_baby_challenge/

Pretty crazy how many challenges are out there now. I've never been a fan of them myself although I do like HollieBB's Upgrowth Challenge except without the dice roll because I don't care for abortion. https://ultimatesimsguides.com/sims-4-challenges/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    I mean there is a reverse 100 baby challenge too for men.

😱
    What on earth is a “reverse 100 baby challenge for men”?

Is this like a dude starting off with 100 babies and getting rid of them one by one?
    Even I could do a challenge like that. I’d be finished within one minute. 😅
    Pretty much, 1 male Sim getting 100 women pregnant, so yeah it is like the easier version of the 100 baby challenge:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/bvtezq/reverse_100_baby_challenge/

Pretty crazy how many challenges are out there now. I've never been a fan of them myself although I do like HollieBB's Upgrowth Challenge except without the dice roll because I don't care for abortion. https://ultimatesimsguides.com/sims-4-challenges/

LOL! My sister managed to get at baby nro 67, in my game :D Naturally she is not playing my game anymore :joy:

Back on topic, my unpopular opinion:

I do not want swimming to be enabled in all worlds.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited July 2021

I think you might be the first person I have ever seen who has ever stated that.

How come? Are you afraid it will break the game?

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2021
    My unpopular opinion:

I am not usually this sarcastic... but seriously?
    Why do people upload stuff like this to the Gallery?

[CM - Edited to remove image with visible player name. Discussion of the upload is fine, but there's no need to shame an individual for their efforts.]
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Daravi wrote: »

I always thought, that I'm the only one who dislike the 100 baby challenge. For myself this challenge shows me the picture from women who are seen just as birth machines.
    Yeah that too. I mean there is a reverse 100 baby challenge too for men. Still never cared for it myself.

Honestly, it's still an issue today for all women world-wide, no matter where they live either in developed eu-countries or underdeveloped countries. The free choice about the own body of a woman is restricted by many laws.

I think, I said already enough, that topic is heavy discussed and heavy emotionally charged. And I let this topic about the 100th baby challenge rest now for me, I won't play it because I don't like it. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion:

I don't know but I do know I wouldn't leave an unkind remark in comments. Could be a kid. Could be someone who's actually quite proud of their accomplishment.
  • Options
    KiTh_97KiTh_97 Posts: 41 Member
    [quote="Jyotai;c-17932445"][quote="StartUpGenius;c-17932187"]Origin should accept cash payments! I'm so sick of technical issues about paying through Paypal or VISA 😡[/quote]

If the tech could do that, I'd be for it. I have this constant mental internal battle between not liking how every payment system exposes you to identity issues vs. how every method that doesn't has basically been turned over to criminal operations so... an unsolvable mess between privacy vs. security.
    [/quote]

I believe they keep our identities confidential.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited July 2021
    My unpopular opinion:

Like ok, I don't mind it if they upload an interesting pool lot or an interestingly shaped pool, but a straight-up square that anyone can build? Man, depths of laziness right there. XD
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited July 2021
    My unpopular opinion:

I don't know but I do know I wouldn't leave an unkind remark in comments. Could be a kid. Could be someone who's actually quite proud of their accomplishment.

I’d have to agree with that.
    This poor person may never build again because of one comment.
    I would hope it has an opposite effect on them and they’re about to create and share the most amazing builds on that gallery!

*opens up gallery to favorite and download “Pool”. 😇
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    My unpopular opinion:

nepw3SD.png

Like ok, I don't mind it if they upload an interesting pool lot or an interestingly shaped pool, but a straight-up square that anyone can build? Man, depths of laziness right there. XD

Shame on both of you. As others have said, it could be a kid. It could be a first time builder. It could be a person with a learning disability. I'm just shocked and appalled that you would say such things without considering the person on the other side of the screen. To whomever built "Pool", I'm sorry on behalf of both of them.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Back on topic, Although Hotels would be nice, we dont need em.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member

True it is an optional pack. Why those that don't want occults in their game should avoid it. 100 baby challenges have the double the points for alien pregnancies, so it is encouraged to go that route for extra the points. Aliens are the first occult to enter the challenge back in 2015 and started the double point for occult trend:
    https://www.sims4studiodownload.com/100-baby-challenge-rules/
    "One occult born is equivalent to two human children. So basically, it adds two to your total child count."

Anyway yeah see why I don't care for it. Because if aliens are considered mature rated then adding 100 pregnancies on top of it, well people are free to create adult rated content, just warn your viewers on Twitch and Youtube that your channel is for mature audiences only. There is the black widow challenge too which is similar to the 100 baby challenge, just you kill off the baby donors instead.

Just because you don’t want to play occult’s does not mean you don’t want some of the other things in the pack, they do come with new hairs, new clothes and new Build and Buy items. Even with realm of Magic ( and I really wanted witches before the pack came ), I actually get more use out of the furniture and clothes than actually playing a witch, though I actually do have twin witches I’ve played. I bought get to work for the new careers and retail. I like vampires for the clothes and the world of forgotten hollow. If there are toggles in packs it makes other simmers more likely to buy them even if they don’t care for the occult. If you were selling a product, you would want the most sales you could get. The little bit of interruption from occult’s do not bother me, I just haven’t felt much like actually playing them.
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Pee Wee Herman got a bad rap. Leave him and his bike alone!
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited July 2021

I think you might be the first person I have ever seen who has ever stated that.

How come? Are you afraid it will break the game?

Oh, no it's not that :) I wrote it badly, I should of said "all waters in all the worlds"
    I meant more like, naturally in areas what is clearly meant to be a beach, like some areas in Windenburg and BB, should be, but not all the waters :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    If I could watch my Sim swim in a puddle in his neighbor's front yard, I'd make sure he had his Bubbletron5000 and a few juices!

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    My unpopular opinion:

nepw3SD.png

You have no idea of who that person is, most likely they are new to the game. They might be a child, or someone with a disability, or someone that just got the game. My first couple of houses were a disaster, and I’m still not a great builder, practice doesn’t necessarily make perfect, but it does help.

I think it was a very unkind thing for you to say…..why do you upload things?

If I upload something someone likes, and downloads, I’m just happy they have found a use for it.

I upload my sims every once in awhile with a hashtag when I update them in case something happens to my computer or save file, I have done the same with made over townies. My main intention being preservation for myself in case something happens.

• Options
    > @Felicity said:
    > ...I've been known to upload things to the gallery just to make a backup. Most of my stuff is awful.
    >
    > Ah, an unpopular opinion! I wish we could mark our gallery items as private so we could use the cloud storage without worry of being shamed.

"And get it for FREE!?? NEVER!" -EA Games

Trolls are a downer, is true but, I bet your stuff isn't as awful as you think it is. Even if it's worse, if it's fun and you can express yourself through your art, that's all that matters. And yes, all of these creations are art.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    My unpopular opinion:

Could be an accident. Unless they have a lot of that.

I very often save pieces of things to my library to do something with them or when I need to find some flaw in the CC. I'm always worried that I might accidentally share it the gallery, but I've been lucky so far.

If I ever wanted to share something with my nieces though - even something trivial, the gallery's the easiest way to do it.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    I prefer the Sims 4 camera setting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top