Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    And yes, all of these creations are art.
    Well now...let's not exaggerate here...

But hey... perhaps that's my unpopular opinion... :D

• Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    And yes, all of these creations are art.
    Well now...let's not exaggerate here...

But hey... perhaps that's my unpopular opinion... :D

That emoji you just used was art. lol
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021
    > @Felicity said:
    > ...I've been known to upload things to the gallery just to make a backup. Most of my stuff is awful.
    >
    > Ah, an unpopular opinion! I wish we could mark our gallery items as private so we could use the cloud storage without worry of being shamed.

"And get it for FREE!?? NEVER!" -EA Games

Trolls are a downer, is true but, I bet your stuff isn't as awful as you think it is. Even if it's worse, if it's fun and you can express yourself through your art, that's all that matters. And yes, all of these creations are art.

LOL, nono, my stuff is bad. But I like it. Honestly, I haven't been trolled, but I just wish I could have it hidden. I love the cloud storage. I don't upload for other people, if that makes sense. If I could mark something private, then I could edit someone else's creation and reupload it and not worry about taking credit for someone else's work.
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion; Maxis / EA bury some players' content while keeping more favored ones on top.

@Felicity I just posted a 64x64 mansion shell that I haven't completed yet. If that's what you're looking for, I said on it just to mention me but I won't care if you don't. You might like it or maybe I'm a worse builder than I think. lol

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Back on topic, my unpopular opinion:

I do not want swimming to be enabled in all worlds.

I think you might be the first person I have ever seen who has ever stated that.

How come? Are you afraid it will break the game?

Oh, no it's not that :) I wrote it badly, I should of said "all waters in all the worlds"
    I meant more like, naturally in areas what is clearly meant to be a beach, like some areas in Windenburg and BB, should be, but not all the waters :)

Ohhh ok, that's what I would love to have too. I don't need to swim in every world, but as you said the Windenburg beach area and Brindleton Bay would be absolutely perfect. I actually rarely use those worlds because it irritates me to high heaven that we can't do anything on those beaches.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion:

I am not usually this sarcastic... but seriously?
    Why do people upload stuff like this to the Gallery?
    nepw3SD.png

Like ok, I don't mind it if they upload an interesting pool lot or an interestingly shaped pool, but a straight-up square that anyone can build? Man, depths of laziness right there. XD

Shame on both of you. As others have said, it could be a kid. It could be a first time builder. It could be a person with a learning disability. I'm just shocked and appalled that you would say such things without considering the person on the other side of the screen. To whomever built "Pool", I'm sorry on behalf of both of them.

My apologies, I guess I'm just used to overly elaborate builds on the gallery. So it feels weird to see, something basic for a change. Forgive me for interpreting this as a troll build.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I think a farming expansion would be completely useless.

Aged well, didn't it?
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    ...I've been known to upload things to the gallery just to make a backup. Most of my stuff is awful.

Ah, an unpopular opinion! I wish we could mark our gallery items as private so we could use the cloud storage without worry of being shamed.

I do this too, when I transferred to a new laptop, I uploaded all of my favourite sims to the gallery so I could just re-download them onto my new computer. Certainly saved time in having to recreate them.

anyway, I'm not sure if this is unpopular or a statement, but. I wish there was a way for us to find gallery items we have favourited or previously downloaded, I have things that were on my old laptop, that I can't find now because have either forgotten the name of the item or the creator. I mean I could have missed something, knowing my luck. lol.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    hymnhehim wrote: »

Aged well, didn't it?

It's still a perfectly valid unpopular opinion to have.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    edited July 2021
    ...I've been known to upload things to the gallery just to make a backup. Most of my stuff is awful.

Ah, an unpopular opinion! I wish we could mark our gallery items as private so we could use the cloud storage without worry of being shamed.

If you are in CAS/Build Mode you can go to the menu where you save the sims/builds and instead of clicking Upload to Gallery you click Save to Library, and it is saved to your library for just you to see. Unless you meant you upload your items for using on a different device, sorry, there's nothing private for that. (also sorry if you already knew about Save to Library and I wasted your time)
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Daravi wrote: »

I always thought, that I'm the only one who dislike the 100 baby challenge. For myself this challenge shows me the picture from women who are seen just as birth machines.
    Yeah that too. I mean there is a reverse 100 baby challenge too for men. Still never cared for it myself.

Yeah that would be extremely disturbing to me. Too much like what happened to women during America's Slavery era.

Honestly, it's still an issue today for all women world-wide, no matter where they live either in developed eu-countries or underdeveloped countries. The free choice about the own body of a woman is restricted by many laws.

I think, I said already enough, that topic is heavy discussed and heavy emotionally charged. And I let this topic about the 100th baby challenge rest now for me, I won't play it because I don't like it. :)
    Thank you for the discussion still with you both. Think you both hit the nail on what bothers me with the challenge. It will be interesting to see what challenges develop with the new pack. I admit I did enjoy creating this challenge with other Simmers despite not being a fan of all the Sims 4 challenges, so this was a challenge for me to accomplish, but it was a fun journey:
    https://broadwaylegacy.tumblr.com/post/176065215523/build
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Just because you don’t want to play occult’s does not mean you don’t want some of the other things in the pack, they do come with new hairs, new clothes and new Build and Buy items. Even with realm of Magic ( and I really wanted witches before the pack came ), I actually get more use out of the furniture and clothes than actually playing a witch, though I actually do have twin witches I’ve played. I bought get to work for the new careers and retail. I like vampires for the clothes and the world of forgotten hollow. If there are toggles in packs it makes other simmers more likely to buy them even if they don’t care for the occult. If you were selling a product, you would want the most sales you could get. The little bit of interruption from occult’s do not bother me, I just haven’t felt much like actually playing them.
    Why I think Sims 2 did it better in my unpopular opinion. Aliens were only possible when Sims looked through a small telescope at night. There were cure potions your Sims could purchase and other supernaturals were possible after interacting with a NPC which they tried to do with Vlad that vampire things didn't happen unless the player interacts with him. I prefer it that way myself, having a gameplay feature trigger the option rather than having it forced upon the player through story progression. Hate how the game constantly generates new NPCs too. The introduction of story progression with the Sims 3 forced a lot of things on players including generating all sorts of Sims including supernaturals for Simmers. Why I would like a toggle for the overall story progression issue to get to the root of the issue, rather than mini toggles that will only provide a temporary relief. Even a lot trait would help a lot to prevent Sims from visiting or like a lock for curfew with the doors so they don't escape at night. Just seems rude to the developers that gameplay features keep being begged to be removed with their work they worked really hard on implementing in the game. Cancel culture hasn't helped with canceling features with the game instead of taking a more creative approach of adding tools instead. I get told by a lot of Sims player's if you don't like it don't buy it yet at the same time buy packs that has gameplay content they don't like too especially when it comes to supernaturals just doesn't make sense to me. Why I think it is good for players to research packs before buying it to see if it conflicts with their game style or not. Then again players will buy anything regardless if it has supernaturals or not, so doesn't make a difference if a pack comes with it or not like you said because it generally will have something they will like anyways plus some players just like to collect everything regardless of what is released. So I figure let players ask for supernaturals because end of the day, players will buy anyways.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021

If you are in CAS/Build Mode you can go to the menu where you save the sims/builds and instead of clicking Upload to Gallery you click Save to Library, and it is saved to your library for just you to see. Unless you meant you upload your items for using on a different device, sorry, there's nothing private for that. (also sorry if you already knew about Save to Library and I wasted your time)

Yeah, cloud storage means storing things in the cloud -- on EA's servers in this case. In truth, my stuff isn't nearly as bad as I'm making it out to be -- some people have even favorited a few of my lots ;) But my reason for uploading isn't to share; it's to store.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @Daravi Probably you only hear about challenges from those who enjoy playing that particular challenge, for the most part. I would find the 100 baby challenge boring so I haven't played it. Those not into it probably just don't post about it.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Aged well, didn't it?

I don't know when that was posted, but a farming expansion is pretty much useless to me. So that post is still relevant, at least to those of us who do hold that apparently unpopular opinion. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2021
    My unpopular opinion:

I don't know but I do know I wouldn't leave an unkind remark in comments. Could be a kid. Could be someone who's actually quite proud of their accomplishment.

I agree.

It's also pretty harsh to publicly trash someone's gallery stuff in the forums and keep their name right out there to identify them.

Would you guys be willing to voluntarily remove the posts with the identifying images in them or edit them so that it doesn't publicly identify the other player?
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I don't want Llamas. I think it might ruin the theme of llama cameos. Would much rather have sheep or horses.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    CharlotteT92CharlotteT92 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2021
    This isn't so much an unpopular opinion about the game itself as maybe a less common playstyle, but...

I don't really enjoy building houses from scratch. I still do it because I'm a control freak but the initial stages are always frustrating for me. My builds never look very nice from the outside and I find things like roofing and landscaping a massive chore. I love creating an internal structure, decorating, and furnishing though!

EDIT: I also really don't enjoy toddlers and usually age them up after a few days. Even with full autonomy my Sims never seem to autonomously care for their toddlers and it takes an exhausting amount of micromanaging to make sure they don't get taken away. :D
    Post edited by CharlotteT92 on
  • Options
    KiTh_97KiTh_97 Posts: 41 Member
    They should remove idle chats in the next update. I'm not sure if it's an unpopular opinion.

It will surely save much Sim time.
  • Options
    Catzilla wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion:

I don't know but I do know I wouldn't leave an unkind remark in comments. Could be a kid. Could be someone who's actually quite proud of their accomplishment.

I agree.

It's also pretty harsh to publicly trash someone's gallery stuff in the forums and keep their name right out there to identify them.

Would you guys be willing to voluntarily remove the posts with the identifying images in them or edit them so that it doesn't publicly identify the other player?

I think that would be the right thing to do. Unless mine end up on here then, have a laugh. 🤣

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Most premade female sims wear way too much make-up, which makes them look uglier than they really are.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    KiTh_97 wrote: »
    They should remove idle chats in the next update. I'm not sure if it's an unpopular opinion.

It will surely save much Sim time.

If you are into mods at all, Have Some Personality Please by PolarBearSims does exactly that. It forces the sims to choose an actual interaction instead of just endlessly "chatting."
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    You have no idea of who that person is, most likely they are new to the game. They might be a child, or someone with a disability, or someone that just got the game. My first couple of houses were a disaster, and I’m still not a great builder, practice doesn’t necessarily make perfect, but it does help.

I think it was a very unkind thing for you to say…..why do you upload things?

If I upload something someone likes, and downloads, I’m just happy they have found a use for it.

I upload my sims every once in awhile with a hashtag when I update them in case something happens to my computer or save file, I have done the same with made over townies. My main intention being preservation for myself in case something happens.

I do apologize. I agree with your anti-unpopular opinion I had when I posted that.
    (I won't make any excuses)
    It doesn't bother me normally. In fact, I think any creativity is awesome!

Maybe I should go "fav" that person's pool? Heva1026. Heck yeah. <3

I'll delete my "mean" comment too. Put in a nice one. Seriously, for a basic pool, it's not bad. the floaty thingy is a nice touch.

At everyone who just uploads everything out of fear of a computer crash, I understand. Like I said. My unpopular opinion was mean.
    Sorry!!!! I totally take it back. :'(

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Anyone here who claims to not have known what woohoo was by the age they stop believing in Santa is fibbing, so they already know the 'Stork' isn't how it all works. But we also don't need the Larry Flint version of woohoo being handed to them.

A bit OT, but I never believed in a literal Santa Claus. But I didn’t know about woohoo until I was about seven.

Back on topic, I like the game being kid friendly. I wouldn’t play it if it were like every other game out there with sex and violence.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top