Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & link: The Modern Family Home
    Do you want feedback from anyone? sure :)
    Total Cost: With a gallery cost of $59,935.00 plus the $50,000 renovation budget my total came in at $109,823.00
    Link to slideshow: RMH - Hu
    Description:
    With the modern Prairie style in mind I landscaped the property with many ferns and hostas, to ensure the plants wouldn't winter kill during the harsh winter months. I have given them many indoor and outdoor activities to enjoy as a family. The pool...well um, the family hasn't had to care for one of those before and rather than chlorinating it Landyn threw a bunch of salt in it thinking that should kill fungus, algae and what not else...He might have to do some research on proper pool care for the future. I have given Anita her own private bedroom and bathroom space with entrance to the pool, as well as a beautiful chefs kitchen with a large island for food prep for her to enjoy. Landyn has a hydroponic garden beside the house to enjoy and I was sure not to forget to include the grill that he requested. Avery has a desk to do homework at, with books to read and learn; not only in the bedroom but scattered throughout the house as well. Austin has many areas to burn off energy and is currently sleeping in the toddlers room. When he grows up there is a bedroom waiting for him to move into so the baby can have the toddler room. I have given each Landyn and Desiree their own walk in closet and a 5 piece bathroom to enjoy as well.
    Pictures:
    Street View
    kLkNOHl.png
    First floor
    KvA0BAv.png
    Second floor
    izXri37.png
  • Options
    nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    edited January 2021
    Awww, thank you @AlJay that warms my <3BTW, I attempted to download your lot and 38 items disappeared. I turned on cheats and removed mods the same thing. I looked at which packs you used I have all except JTB. not sure what is happening. ...my bad I think it is the debug build... i will have to tour again when I get JTB...lol
    Post edited by nali272 on
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Origin ID: Clousinators
    Gallery: RMH Hu Family
    Slideshow: Hu Reno Tour
    Do you want feedback? Sure :)
    Leftover funds: If I did it right there is 4,540 Leftover
    NoCC Art: Random Art 1 by @nali272
    Construction Notes I am a bigger fan of the downstairs than I am the upstairs but overall its not too bad. The laundry room and closets were reworked to involve a reading nook and the front bathroom was downsized to make room for a living room. I tried to utilize the furniture that was already there to save some money. I also changed the roof a little.

4eKKY4g.png
    Wbow8P4.png
    mQAZLMD.png
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @nali272 , I just read over at one of my Facebook Sims groups, that the Pop up that says " the number of items- may not be installed on your computer or the EA account that's currently logged in does not own these items." Maybe a Glitch. Something was changed in Debug objects, like their names or something.. I had gotten this popup myself , when placing one of my own builds...
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily ....Thank you for letting me know, whew! thought I had broken the files.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sorry about that @nali272 I forgot to mention that. The only items from JTB are the stucco and the debug stone fence around the plants. It shouldn't really affect the build much.
  • Options
    @AlJay no worries, Pickusfamily stated it may be a glitch.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    LilweenjLilweenj Posts: 34 Member
    Hi! Sorry for the lack of pictures and link, but this is my first post and I can't yet post anything more than a simple comment!

Entry form:
    Origin ID: Lilween
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/fr-fr/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EF12DEAE667711EB8DEB3CBA924B87DD]Hu - Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes

Don't forget to have bb.moveobjects activated, and I hope you'll enjoy it!
  • Options
    Hi! Sorry for the lack of pictures and link, but this is my first post and I can't yet post anything more than a simple comment!

Entry form:
    Origin ID: Lilween
    Lot name: Hu - Remodel
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0053527B66D311EB8EB86EADD5D6A7E6?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=rmhhu&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes

Don't forget to have bb.moveobjects activated, and I hope you'll enjoy it!

Welcome @Lilweenj , glad you can join us... I have updated your post with an active link. I cannot wait to tour your reno.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thanks! Hope you enjoy it :)
  • Options
    Hi for those of you interested in my Remodel, you can find it here: https://lilween-sims4.tumblr.com/post/642305676273696768/hi-everyone-this-is-the-hu-remodel-home-i-did Enjoy!
  • Options
    Hi for those of you interested in my Remodel, you can find it here: https://lilween-sims4.tumblr.com/post/642305676273696768/hi-everyone-this-is-the-hu-remodel-home-i-did Enjoy!

repost to activate link....
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    @icanhassims - The Hu's love column and light changes, pretty flower garden and back yard set up. Landyn said he will use the hydroponic garden immediately. The upstairs space for the family is multi functionally awesome, they will grow into it nicely and be entertained for hours. The flooring choice is nice. Chores will be added to the chore board. The rooms for the boys are well decorated. Desiree appreciates the neutral décor of the toddler room. Putting 2 sinks and a separate water closet for the kid's bathroom is great thinking. The redesign of the request spaces is so awesome… they are loving the addition of the office. The master bedroom is wonderful, the baby room (future walk-in closet) will come in handy when their new addition finally shows up. Loving the counter choice in the kitchen, Anita loves it and her space, especially that rocking chair. The Hu's liked your idea of turning the living room into a dining room. Once the baby is born Desiree will put the recycling tools you gave her to good use. Thank you for participating.

@AquaGamer1212 - The Hu's loved the window, front door, mailbox, roof trim, and the exterior color changes. The columns you choose, I will need to keep in mind for future use, I've never seen them before. Great stone patio around the pool to the back of the house. Landyn said the addition of the vertical garden is something that he wouldn't have thought about and thanks. Avery is excited to play on the swings and Austin is making his way to the ball pit. Clever floorplan change to the upstairs, the adults will see what the children are doing immediately from the stairs. There will be a lot of studying and creativity going on in this space. Avery's room with its wonderful colors is ready for any stage of his life. When Austin is ready for a big boy bed, the dino room is his place. The fabricated bookshelf placed backward makes for a great art piece! The floorplan changes to the downstairs is clever too. The living room nook is cute and the dining area is well-spaced. Anita loves the new kitchen. The redesign of the request spaces into a combined laundry and storage space to allow more room to allocated to the master was a great choice. The baby nook is adorable, and the his/her closet is appreciated. There is currently a discussion on who is going to get ownership of the bike…lol. Thanks for participating.

@Pinkusfamily - The Hu's dig the window, front door, and new façade/roof changes. The landscaping is beautiful, especially around the pool area! The doll on the rocks is cracking me up. Desiree and Landyn say 1000 thank yous for the toddler fence to keep Austin and Cecilia Hu safe. The backyard is beautifully laid out and will bring hours of entertainment and joy. I didn't know that there was a waterfall on the back of the diving board!. Landyn is overjoyed with his garden space, giving him a little of everything was a surprise. Your redesign of the upstairs, give the children larger rooms than I would have expected, and turning the stairs to gain more space… just awesome! Cute wall tiles in their bathroom. The family will have just as much entertainment on the 2nd-floor space as they will outside. That square wood detail along the front door is so cute and its foyer is so welcoming. Anita loves her room and the separation from the bathroom. The redesign of the downstairs is amazing. The master is luxurious and that baby nursery does not have enough words to describe it. I almost missed the hidden bookcase door. That living room and its colors even though it is small, it feels huge and I would love that in real life. The kitchen and dining room spaces are wonderful love how you flipped them. The laundry, storage, pantry room is also amazing. Again there is currently a discussion on who is going to get ownership of the bike…lol. Thank you for participating.

@JojoMOMSTER - The Hu's are amazed by the subtle exterior changes, I almost missed it. Cute front porch decorations. Landyn appreciates the extended driveway, maybe he and Avery can learn to play basketball. The sandlot playground is wonderful, but the slip and slide is the winner. The children will enjoy it. Desiree and Landyn thank you for please a fence around the pool to keep their babies safe. Landyn will enjoy his garden section of the yard. The children's bedrooms are simplistically beautiful. The play/learning space is just right for these kids to get a little of both in every day. Anita is grateful for her space, and nice turquoise color scheme in the bathroom. The rug next to the front door, I will have to remember for a future build. The kitchen, dining, and living rooms is an awesome open concept plan. The redesign of the request spaces into a smaller laundry and mudroom is wonderful, but that sitting space with an exit to the garden will be a relaxing spot after a hard day. The garage tools will be put to good use. The master bed is begging for another child to be created but I think the Hu's are done…lol. Thank you for participating.

@AlJay - The Hu's love the stone and exterior color change; as well as the mailbox, doors, windows, and landscaping, really liking the tropical additions. The backyard is an entertainers dream, a child playing paradise and a gardener gem all rolled into one. The recycler will get good use. The toddler bedroom is adorably neutral. Wonderful office space for the adults to use and keep an eye on the kids. The rumpus room is a nice hybrid for both the kids and adults. The rooms for the boys are wonderfully bright. Almost missed the atrium above the stairs, great use of extra space, it is amazing. The redesign of the requested spaces is almost amazing, loving the mudroom hallway. Downloaded that tool wall by Quarree! The master bedroom suite is a vacation getaway in their own home, both Landyn and Desiree thank you a thousand times over. Anita will love cooking in that kitchen and retreating to her relaxing bedroom, the colors are very tranquil. The pool mudroom and bathroom, are just what they need for this house. The family will enjoy family time in the living and dining rooms. Beautiful NoCC art. Thank you for participating.

@Clousinators - The Hu's are excited by the new stone façade and color changes to the exterior. All of the landscaping particularly around the pool is a nice touch, This backyard gives off a very relaxing atmosphere and the family will enjoy using it. Landyn will make great use of the garden palettes and hopefully, he and the kids will use the basketball hoop too. Nice change to the upstairs railing. The desk bookshelf is a great furniture creation! The rumpus room is a nice combination for the kids and adults. Avery is loving his almost teen room, Austin will transition into the other boy's room nicely and the toddler room is great for him now then passed on to the next sibling. Nice use of the additional space near the stairs for the plants. The black and white color scheme of the downstairs is beautiful! The front door foyer is cute. Anita will love cooking there and her bedroom is pretty in pink retreat. The redesign of the requested spaces is awesome, the flipping of the downstairs linen closet to the other side and adding the laundry is great. The reading room is Desiree's favorite space. (we know where to find her). The master bedroom is also an extension of all of the relaxing spaces you've created; Landyn and Desiree took notice. Thank you for participating.

@Lilweenj - The Hu's are excited by the new landscaping design, the path to the backyard, the new façade, windows, doors, mailbox, and basketball hoop. The reconfiguration of the pool is perfect for this backyard. All of the entertainment and gardening areas will be well used. Landyn thanks you for the hydroponics. The upstairs is so bright and cheery, the kids will enjoy their spaces, they should never get bored and the adults will enjoy spending time in the space too. Avery's room will grow well with him! Nice idea to expand one of the rooms into the space next to the stairs. The redesign of the requested spaces is beautiful, the kitchen space being opened up for the dining area and a larger living room are great choices. Anita will work her magic whipping up a great meal and then sleeping it off in her comfy room. Awesome idea adding the pantry to the laundry room. The master is a peaceful section of the home, well… before and after the baby that is. Double sinks in the bathroom will keep this marriage diplomatic as well. Thank you for participating.

qWvmB0C.jpg
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Petropoulos Briefing:

Background -
    The Petropoulos' are a couple that has lived life to the fullest and are now ready to retire. Because they fostered children and have none of their own, they have no ties to Newcrest, so returning to their homeworld is best. They need the best design you can garner and bring the house into this decade while helping them increase their retirement fund. They are not tied to any of the current furniture nor layout. But whatever you create should increase the cost of the house not decrease it.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHPetropoulos BUDGET: $100,000 Lot size: 40x20 Floorplan: 3 story 3bd 4ba Lot/World I used: Sandy Run, Newcrest

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B890E68A681711EB81F0C3C6F37CF8C6?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=RMHPetropoulos&max=50&maxis=false
    Household Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B0D3AFF6681711EB81D0C3C6F37CF8C6?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=RMHPetropoulos&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    Split level traditional, do not change the exterior shape of the house. Paint, change the windows and doors. They do love the staircase to the front door, so it would be nice if stayed just spruced up.

Interior style:
    Your choice… please tell us what that is so we can add it to the listing……. Any removed trash, plumbing, walls and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances and furniture do count towards the budget. If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    Your choice. Relocate or remove trees and create a better curb appeal

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • We are easy, whatever is hot for today's sim-market but not over budget that you've been given.

Gallery TAG: #RMHPetropoulos - DUE Friday 2/19
    LHoZsun.jpg
    BQvXen3.png
    Lh2CvBk.png
    gnkmhrq.png
    nXZtSR9.png
    xuSBqrY.png
    l55Fj05.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/HCZwIZj
    Post edited by nali272 on
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    thank you @nali272, I liked all of the remodels!
  • Options
    Thank you @nali272 :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I really enjoy it and look forward to trying this new shell ;)
  • Options
    I thought every entry was so creative, all so wonderful & different !

Thank you for the Feedback @nali272 ! I enjoyed reading the critiques you wrote for all participants..

I Really enjoy this thread ! Can't wait to get my hands on the newest build to renovate !

So I better get moving on that..

Diane Pinkus o:)
  • Options
    You are very welcome @JojoMOMSTER @AlJay @Lilweenj @Pinkusfamily cannot wait for the tours!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Entry form
    Origin ID: NacreousSky
    Link to the gallery: Country Livin
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes.
    Link to more photos/slideshow: Here.

Pictures
    j0my3FP.png
    YzfHp9L.png
    4010bjb.png
    tZ2YgHZ.png
  • Options
    Nice entry @JosieAnglin , i will tour closer to the due date. Welcome to the page.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Origin ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    Gallery: Beautiful Split Level
    Slideshow: Album
    Do you want feedback? Yes please
    Amount of funds used: Original amount of home & lot $ 69,162. Used to renovate $ 40,205. Total gallery cost $ 109,367
    NoCC Art: Art by Juwels64 in the gallery
    Construction Notes : Our Hat's off to the Builder, of This Beautiful Split level traditional. I had so much fun renovating this Home.. We kept the façade of the home the same except for The Garage roof/ awning. We changed the shingles on the roof & their color.The exterior siding was changed , painted & the doors and windows were changed too . We added flower boxes to the front windows to for curb appeal & to brighten up the home a bit.. Inside was transformed , into an Open concept kitchen/ dining room & Living room. From top to bottom this home was gutted to make the best design we could garner to bring the house into this decade. The colors chosen for the home are Bright & Neutral. The landscaping was made simple & the grounds cleaned up. A small pond was added to the yard, for swimming & fishing .

149376878_2941640732722665_8342633466076459233_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=CT4vucFKng4AX9VLt3S&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=557d00b382f4726f884d609e4a472e63&oe=604D6545
    149254102_2941641989389206_2578108760288164634_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Oa8QEpJZdTQAX9H9c5L&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=0910e664001dcae0a301aac6077c2697&oe=604D4156149700091_2941642652722473_4420405940416312975_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=YrhjSyUCZLIAX-jc9Ef&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=9e986c20a3230ae23089248ffbe75fa6&oe=604C2C7F148696245_2941644536055618_7414196694844851563_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Sl541wEGZ4cAX-kzPPm&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=003e2a8e469f72d54d440b871585665c&oe=604FF497148994011_2941644912722247_2178810104171312122_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=21_ngD-Uql8AX_Dl2-G&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=90550652f0c1167d37b5805b5a8cc429&oe=604CAFED

• Options
    Thank you @Pinkusfamily cannot wait to tour.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Petropoulos Dormitory
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/petropoulos-dormitory.html
    Leftover funds: 34,600
    Construction Notes:

When Newcrest College discovered the Petropoulos family was selling their home, they knew it would make the perfect dormitory... with some renovations. So they worked with the family to sketch out their plans and this is the end product. The college was so grateful that they named the dorm after the family!

Interior
    • Centralized the heating in the house so that there is no longer any need for radiators in every room.
    • Refinished all the floors and updated the walls to reflect a more cozy and up to date home.
    • Separate entrance to the stairs up to the girl’s section of the dorm
    • gutted the house of any furniture and a few walls
    Exterior
    • Removed all landscaping to install fresh plants and trees
    • Gave the outside a fresh coat of paint
    • Installed weatherproof roofing as well as installed a more modern chimney
    • Built in a proper backyard with all the entertainment a college group could want
    • Flattened out some of the rocky terrain in order to provide space for plants
    • Updated the driveway pavement to match the rear patio
    Pictures:
    02-14-21-6-49-01-pm_orig.png

Other sides of the build (3 photos):
    02-14-21-6-49-10-pm.png
    02-14-21-6-49-16-pm.png
    02-14-21-6-49-25-pm.png

Top-down views (4 photos):
    02-14-21-6-49-40-pm.png
    02-14-21-6-49-58-pm.png
    02-14-21-6-50-11-pm.png
    02-14-21-6-50-20-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    @JosieAnglin - Wow this house is much brighter and should sell pretty quickly. The curb appeal is beautiful. Nice pops of red on the exterior façade. The new owners will love the outdoor kitchen and patio. The birdhouses and bath are a nice touch. The front porch will be a nice place to drink morning coffee. The inside is just as bright, the downstairs bedroom is cheery and relaxing. Turning the library into a game room will attract younger families. Expanding the bathroom to include a shower adds to the livability. Nice use of the remaining garage space. Jax and Alyse love how you opened the kitchen to the dining room, as well as your cabinet and color choices. Nice update to the 1/2 bath. Great job transforming the office space and incorporating the library! The living room is cozy and inviting. Nice sitting space at the top of the stairs on the 3rd floor (fav). Daydreams will be made there. The main bathroom upstairs is country gorgeous. The double bedroom is great for teens. And the primary room is ready for its new owner. Thank you for participating. :)

@Pinkusfamily - We almost could not get the Petropoulos in the house, they could not get over the façade. That is a great use of the stone covering. I never use it because it does not match anything I do, but this is awesome! All of the little details like the corbels and gate on the front porch will not go unnoticed by prospective buyers. The curb appeal will add to the listing price but that backyard will cause a bidding war. The pergola is a great addition. The front patio is great for al fresco dining. The floorplan changes make you think this is not the same house. A wonderful idea to flip the staircase, allocating it to just a living space, relocating the bathroom, and repurposing the opened-up space leading to the patio into a kitchenette. Moving the laundry to the garage to gain the usable is a great idea too. Amazing job on the main floor, 2 bedrooms and a bath plus an open floorplan kitchen/dining/living area. All of it is inviting and loving the new fireplace (fav). The bedrooms and bathroom on the 3rd floor are great for kids. (I've never seen the bird art before…need to look for that). This is a great home for new growing families. Thanks for participating. :)

@icanhassims - Interesting spin on this reno! I exterior colors, the basketball in the front will get great use from the college students living here. I hope they will be able to get some studying done with that backyard. Loving the oversized fire pit. Taking over the garage to create a ping pong room is awesome and the additional bathrooms. The reverse living, kitchen/dining below, and bedrooms above is a genius concept for a dormitory. The office and living room make wonderful study and relaxing areas. I have never seen that cityscape art before…(fav). I will need to use that sometime. The bedrooms are beautifully designed for each gender. The Petropoulos are thrilled to have the dorm named after them. (I will be borrowing the dorm idea for another challenge I am going to partake in ;) ) Thank you for participating.

TJ1Y1Gq.jpg
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1