Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @nali272! <3<3
    Also, @DeanXeL, I'm so glad you decided to join us after all. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    @DeanXeL & @AlJay you are welcome.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @nali272 & @AlJay For your kind words..

I appreciate the feed back...

I Thought All the entries were so creative..

;) Diane Pinkus
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily you are welcome.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    I have been on a tirade as of late. I have been building distressed houses modeled after abandoned house videos. So, why not take a break from all this destruction to do a restoration?
    I hope I understood and followed everything @nali272, this was a really fun remodel/rehab.
    Big thank you to JLewi38, roseymow and Gwiniel for your art.

Entry form:
    Origin ID:jojo MOMSTER
    Link to the gallery: RMHWeiss Apple of my Eye
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to more photos/slideshow (optional): slideshow
    Pictures: 1 top view (per story)
    6ROHcNA.png

Cnsznxy.png

AJFeqzh.png

jARjPIU.png

1 of each side of the house/lot (walls up) and others of your choice use spoiler.
    94r2TJf.png

F3hgCcM.png

WPNa0c8.png

pq3oVcr.png

IJ6xgYT.png

iXZp7uS.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @nali272 When is the next one?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    @AquaGamer1212 I will finish tours today and post the new one shortly after.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    @JojoMOMSTER the slide show looks great, can't wait to tour.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    @JojoMOMSTER The landscaping cleanse is nice, I like how you extending the gravel road to the orchard itself; which got a great overhaul too. Nice retaining walls guarded by the scarecrow. The mix of the barn metal and wood on top to signify that the home portion is a great touch. Jared appreciates the shower and laundry in the barn section so he does not have to track the dirt inside. You made great use of the small footprint of the upstairs and it will accommodate family & friends that come for a visit. Incorporating the metal on the 1st-floor interior is a wonderful surprise. The open shelving in the kitchen is wonderful; the kitchen and the dining room are a nice nod to the farmhouse interior he asked for. Jared will make great use of the extended balcony on the back looking out on the bay! Adding the 3rd floor was an awesome idea; the rocking chair hallway is a relaxing space. The bedrooms and bathroom are a welcoming relief to a hard day on the orchard. My favorite part of the build is the balcony and the painting that Jared did of his backyard looking over the bay.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Hu Briefing:

Background - The Hu family previous rental home burned down and they lost everything. It's a good thing they were already saving money to buy one. They used the money they had to purchase this new build home and received the rental insurance money which they are giving to you to decorate and design. The issue is that the home is builder-grade! They would like to redesign the house to match their family but keep it timeless so as the children grow they will not need to do another reno for a while. By the way, Desiree's mom moving in and they would like each child to have their own room (2 children with 1 on the way).

Gallery Lot ID: RMHHu BUDGET: $50,000 Lot size: 40x30 Floorplan:2 story, 5 bd, 3ba Lot/World used: Avarice Acres, Newcrest

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/514147A65D1211EB8616C813C76F354F?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=RMHHu&max=50&maxis=false

Household gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/92A0994F5D1211EB8741C813C76F354F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    Modern Prairie

Interior style:
    Both Landyn and Desiree like the modern-traditional style add lots of comforts. Any removed plumbing, walls, or trash do not count toward your budget. Any appliances and furniture do count towards the budget.

Landscape Style:
    Modern with activities for the family.

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Elder - Anita Goodson loves to cook and would like a chefs kitchen, even if it small
    • Landyn Hu to have a small hydroponic garden if possible.
    • Desiree Hu is a recycler and would like a nook to read.
    • Avery Hu is a whiz kid, please give a nook to grow and learn in
    • Austin Hu is a bundle of energy, please give him a space to burn that off.
    • Baby Hu - Unknown, but we want them to feel loved from the beginning.
    • Everything in the home was donated to the family so they are not tied to it…
    • Remove the builder grade items and transform the home into a modern oasis for the Hu family,
    • Anita's room will be in the front of the house, her bathroom will be shared with guests, and the pool.
    • Reconfigure the following spaces so that they make sense: the laundry room, pantry, linen closet, the empty spot leading to the garage.
    • Reconfigure the master bedroom so that Landyn and Desiree each have their own closet, the baby can sleep in their room but as soon as s/he ages up the space can be transformed into a functional space. You may use space from the request above.
    • Please create a combination space upstairs if possible all 2 at the minimum: play, study, TV
    • Please design 2 child bedrooms for boys
    • Please design 1 toddler room that is gender-neutral.
    • Turn the backyard into a great entertaining space for both adults and children. Landyn would like a grill.

Gallery TAG: #RMHHu - DUE Friday, Feb 5th
    Imgs
    rmCeI1u.jpg
    0IyxYfZ.png
    3cBLSEK.png
    Iqm996Z.png
    K9WOMT6.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/Dw2ykwQ
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Thank you so much! @nali272
  • Options
    Whew chile, this is a tough one haha. Could I get a clarification please?

“Any removed plumbing, walls, or trash do not count toward your budget. Any appliances and furniture do count towards the budget.”

When I delete items do I just subtract the money from the total? Also do I place the family on the lot and add $50k to their household funds or do they only have $50k?

• Options
    @AquaGamer1212 After placing the lot, I believe it would easier if you delete the plumbing, walls, or trash before giving the money to the family. Then use the cheat Money to give the exact amount for the renovation. Then delete and appliances and furniture so that you get the money added to your budget. Does that help? If so, I cannot wait to tour your reno!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    You are welcome :D@JojoMOMSTER
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    nali272 wrote: »
    @AquaGamer1212 After placing the lot, I believe it would easier if you delete the plumbing, walls, or trash before giving the money to the family. Then use the cheat Money to give the exact amount for the renovation. Then delete and appliances and furniture so that you get the money added to your budget. Does that help? If so, I cannot wait to tour your reno!

It does! Thank you so much!

• Options
    @AquaGamer1212 glad to hear.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options

Last question lol, do I delete the $28k they spawn with from placing them from the gallery?

• Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member

Last question lol, do I delete the $28k they spawn with from placing them from the gallery?

If you use the code "Money" as she said, you overwrite the current amount of money they have, sadly you cannot spend it first :p
  • Options
    DeanXeL wrote: »

If you use the code "Money" as she said, you overwrite the current amount of money they have, sadly you cannot spend it first :p
    Oh you’re right I’m dumb haha, thank you!

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Hu Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/hu-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: I managed to use every cent!! I honestly wasn't sure I was going to be able to do a 5 bedroom reno on such a limited budget, but I just barely managed it. lol
    Construction Notes:
    External:
    Modernized columns and lighting around the exterior. Closed off the backyard. Added safety lights around the pool and installed a diving board. In addition to adding play equipment, small landscaping in the backyard, matching the style already in place, making sure there was room for a small hydroponic garden next to the house.

Interior (1st floor):
    Gave common areas a new paint job to add some color to the modern look. Refinished the flooring with eco-friendly sustainable wood. Replaced carpets. Moved the laundry into a smaller room off the garage, opening up a new space for a small office for the adults. Pantry and linen closet left as is due to rearrangement of other rooms. Brought one of the cars out to the driveway in order to convert half of the garage into a recycling and creator space. Separated the nursery and added a vanity for mom to use the room as a larger walk-in closet/prep room once the baby moves out of the nursery.

Interior (2nd floor):
    Created private toilet area for shared kids' rooms to assist in multi-use at the same time. Added additional workspaces so that there is no competition for spaces to complete homework or use the computer. Removed some windows in the common room to create space for an entertainment center. Replaced carpets and wood flooring to match the first floor.

Pictures:
    01-23-21-4-45-18-pm_orig.png

Other sides of the build (3 photos):
    01-23-21-4-45-57-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-45-39-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-46-23-pm.png

Top-down views (3 photos):
    01-23-21-4-46-39-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-46-56-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-47-09-pm.png

Few screenshots (8 photos):
    01-23-21-4-35-22-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-37-47-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-39-15-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-41-00-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-41-16-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-41-58-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-44-14-pm.png
    01-23-21-4-44-52-pm.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Origin ID: AquaGamer1212
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9D72A5415DFB11EB8C2BAAF47222A433?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Aquagamer1212&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Absolutely!
    Leftover funds: I had 3 simoleans left over lol
    Construction Notes:
    Exterior: So I changed the paint and siding, as well as the pillars. Changed the roofing a bit in some places. Extended the balcony a tad. For the backyard I added a play area, a gardening spot, and a grill and seating area. I also switched out the windows.

Interior: I changed a lot haha, staircase, switched the walls a bit around the garage, etc. Second floor i had a big area for the kids to hang out and play as well as learn.

I hope I did an okay job, feel free to let me know if there were things that shouldn't have been changed, it wasn't specified but good to know :)

Front View
    UAbQjFm.png
    Backyard
    xjeMWWs.png
    1st Floor Top Down
    mG4tcaI.png
    2nd Floor Top Down
    AlTHRDi.png
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on

• Options
    edited January 2021
    @DeanXeL - thank you for answering Aquagamer1212's question.

@icanhassims & @AquaGamer1212 - Man, you guys are fast... I will tour closer to the due date... but from the pictures, they look great. :D

@AquaGamer1212 - Here is your link, if you would like to update your thread... https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9D72A5415DFB11EB8C2BAAF47222A433?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Aquagamer1212&max=50&maxis=false
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited January 2021
    @nali272 when You state redesign... What can I redesign ?

I have changed the windows, Changed the texture & color of the outside siding. I changed the texture of the roof. I Changed the layout of the main floor.

I :# Maybe goin over budget, But I will share anyway...

Diane Pinkus o:)
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • Options
    @AquaGamer1212 I almost used that same wood for the exterior! Good looking house. :)
  • Options
    @AquaGamer1212 I almost used that same wood for the exterior! Good looking house. :)

Thank you! Like yours as well :)