Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    You really only need the shell and the description, the setup is very well executed and charming; but the creation of the renovation is your own to make what you want of it. It would be interesting to see any entries from you.
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @DeanXeL ,

Although you only have base game, Your entry to The Most recent Build N Share, is Wonderful.

I took a peak at your album. And if you participate & contribute to the forums, in no time You will be able to post links & pictures..

o:) Diane Pinkus
  • Options
    @Auroraskies ,

Love your Id..

Aurora Skies is My Fav. Sims 3 world ! Love the atmosphere there..

Diane Pinkus o:)
  • Options
    Yes! I love that world too, I had a precious save there, that I played when I started this account.
  • Options
    nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    @DeanXeL - a wooden crate would be wonderful
    @Auroraskies & @Pinkusfamily - well said!
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Thanks @nali272 ,
    :)

After the day I have had, the state of the world being what it is. Now my computer wanting to update, while I went into game to playtest & start photographing pictures for the album. I open the game to this :
    138537371_2919015131651892_929129642762621230_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BXuxaPn0PgwAX_3AZRI&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=df6f029400a36ea18a55e0ec80f11938&oe=602493D3

:( Rain.....
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Oh no, @Pinkusfamily! I feel you on the hard day. *hugs*
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Allright then, I'll give it a shot, poor bees who have to live in those crates though hehe

@Pinkusfamily another upside of only basegame... Always sunny! :D (and the ability to use inside stuff outside, however I try to avoid that)
  • Options
    This went a bit faster than expected :o I had some great fun with it

Origin ID: DeanXeL
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/926FC7AB52EB11EB8F6A05BB85D44FD3
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/zmmYIDn
    Leftover funds: around 66k, but it's hard to exactly pinpoint with the basegame making stuff disappear.
    Construction Notes: The lot was placed on a 40x50 lot since no 40x40 was available in basegame. However, both sides have 5 tiles left open. I first weeded the place and removed the dead plants, I also renovated the orchard fence. Soon it became clear that the access to the orchard was largely blocked by beautiful trees growing behind the house, so the access was moved with a fence to the front. Here the storage shed was also placed. A bird bath was added with a nice view from the front porch. The outside of the barn was renovated with modern looking doors and windows, but the overhead beam was kept for character. The place was spruced up but left to feel like a farmhouse. The main floor was divided into a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen/living area. The first floor was turned into a studio bedroom. The attic now serves to store leftover building materials, but can be otherwise appointed. The shed outside houses all the construstion materials as well as a few plots for planting veggies or fruit and one lost bee keeps buzzing around the place. The beeboxes were built (based on the pictures @icanhassims posted of them, thank you!) and placed next to the orchard. No crates were involved and no bees were harmed in the process. The overal theme of the reno was kept cozy and bright.

pictures:
    https://imgur.com/mOjRbnG
    https://imgur.com/s2ucmZc
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @DeanXeL you did an amazing job with that shell, and with only basegame too??? Great job. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    @icanhassims thank you so much, I really enjoyed the challenge too, had a lot of fun with it.

I just also realized I forgot to edit the gallery link, that's what you get for copying a layout and finishing a post at 1 am I guess xD
    My link is: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8266F27555F711EB896484EC70211833
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & link: Sweet Honey Bee Orchard
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to slideshow : RMH-Weiss
    Notes: I chose to give Jared a modern/rustic barn house. I replaced the siding with metal cladding which will give him less maintenance in the long run. Since I needed to redo the shingles anyway I decided to change up the roof pitch as well. His house has a home office, as well a a fizzing station workshop where he can process his fruit into drinks and sell them at the market, along with his honey and fresh baked goods.
    The yard was very overgrown and you could tell that it had been neglected for years so I added an eye appealing retaining wall around the house and rocks along the side and back for corrosion purposes. I removed most of the bush to give the fruit trees as much sunlight and good soil as possible. I added in some fertilizer and transplanted the fruit trees, making sure to add bee hives throughout the trees for good pollination. I gave him a small vegetable garden to enjoy as well. This farm may be a lot of work, but I do believe that it will be a good investment for Jared and he should be able to make a decent living.
    FYI - This one was so much fun!! I just want to keep making juice and honey and sending Jared to the market to sell his goods, lol! Thanks @nali272
    Pictures:
    WcL6auL.png
    XxdmPzP.png
    1st floor top view
    3BVGUme.png
    2nd Floor top view
    V23GqK5.png
    left side of the house
    3ONczmD.png
    Right Side of the house
    UDPMYJQ.png
    Back of the house
    9L2iWny.png
  • Options
    oh boy, I am getting excited to do the tours!!! @DeanXeL - took a peek at your slide show...those homemade bee boxes are the bee's knees...lol
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily - sunshine follows the rain, hope your day got better!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    @nali272 thank you, it was actually quite enjoyable to build them and figure out how they would work :D

@AlJay I got a notification on the sims when you uploaded that build, I was actually very eager to see the slideshow and man, you did not disappoint! :O I also love how considerate the whole thing is, how you thought about playability and how it would function as a orchard when playing with a farmer in the game. Reminded me that playtesting is something to always do and keep in mind playability with every new build!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    RENOVATE MY HOUSE Entry form
    Origin ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure
    Gallery name & link: Buy the Farm
    Link to slideshow : Album

Notes: The old barn's outside wood was in such decay. Painting it revealed it was so rotting it fell to the ground. Exposing red Brick. The outside of the barn was transformed. It is now red brick. Inside was renovated into a 2 bed room & 2 bath, open floor plan, country Home. The Roof was adjusted to get more space on the second floor ( 1 bed room & a Bath was put up into the loft. ) The main floor has been renovated in an open concept with a , galley kitchen , Dining room & living room . 1 bath & a master suite.. Since the old barn became the main residence a small shed was erected for storage & equipment ( Skill gaining objects ). A front Porch was added to the front. Yet we left the old barn doors, and put a beautiful white wood front door in-between them.. The whole landscape of the lot was weeded & replanted The tree farm was redone & organized, Now there is a water filtration system in the works and a scare crow to keep those nasty crows away.. The bee's have pollinated this years crops . We put the hives at the end of each row in the tree farm.. A rock fence was also made around the lot with a nice welcoming gate at the drive way.. We came in $7,282 under budget..

138379793_2920204228199649_8596737405835388179_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=QjvSAVhMhF8AX_Y7XhK&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=0242aae51d606d58ff395485585245c3&oe=60250FB5

138284468_2920258071527598_5712495860812421815_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=j5DOUOzRbX8AX-91_aA&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=b9ffc1f8791f34195c3c6310f034fed4&oe=6025EB05
    139227029_2920249281528477_7361308791542976810_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=sm1j9euw69EAX-r20Xz&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=6a4ee1b7e1e53d2c0cb974f95cc2e9e0&oe=60250081
    139013228_2920208928199179_4713393361638025004_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=EeAhQ9lHessAX9gVRq2&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=2a0b844d600f5a71a5c4a710ada27719&oe=6026BE02

• Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Lurking
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Quoting to see the pictures :)
    Edit: Oh, they did not show this way. I will follow the link instead.
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    This went a bit faster than expected :o I had some great fun with it

Origin ID: DeanXeL
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/926FC7AB52EB11EB8F6A05BB85D44FD3
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/zmmYIDn
    Leftover funds: around 66k, but it's hard to exactly pinpoint with the basegame making stuff disappear.
    Construction Notes: The lot was placed on a 40x50 lot since no 40x40 was available in basegame. However, both sides have 5 tiles left open. I first weeded the place and removed the dead plants, I also renovated the orchard fence. Soon it became clear that the access to the orchard was largely blocked by beautiful trees growing behind the house, so the access was moved with a fence to the front. Here the storage shed was also placed. A bird bath was added with a nice view from the front porch. The outside of the barn was renovated with modern looking doors and windows, but the overhead beam was kept for character. The place was spruced up but left to feel like a farmhouse. The main floor was divided into a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen/living area. The first floor was turned into a studio bedroom. The attic now serves to store leftover building materials, but can be otherwise appointed. The shed outside houses all the construstion materials as well as a few plots for planting veggies or fruit and one lost bee keeps buzzing around the place. The beeboxes were built (based on the pictures @icanhassims posted of them, thank you!) and placed next to the orchard. No crates were involved and no bees were harmed in the process. The overal theme of the reno was kept cozy and bright.

pictures:
    https://imgur.com/mOjRbnG
    https://imgur.com/s2ucmZc

Edit 2: @DeanXeL It is a very nice farm build, and the bee boxes are so very creatively done.
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • Options
    @Auroraskies thank you so much for the post and the lovely comment :) So far I find that all entries are very unique, I'm impressed!
  • Options
    Yes, I like the make believe.
  • Options
    @icanhassims your house turned out great! I love the lanterns along the driveway!

Thank you @DeanXeL ! I love the creativity that you have in your build. I guess just having base game is a great way to encourage creativity :)

@Pinkusfamily your house is so unique! It looks very nice!
  • Options
    @Auroraskies thanks for assisting DeanXel, I started having connection issues after my last post and could not do it.
    @JojoMOMSTER - lol, come on in and sit a spell.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    @icanhassims - The exterior colors of the Weiss Remodel is bright, charming, and inviting, the window and door selection lend to it. The AMAZING lantern light poles are probably my favorite item in the is build. As for the additional gardening beds outside, Jared will use those to grow other fruit and vegetables to combine with the orchard tree fizz. The interior of the household true to the barn/farm look, the master bedroom matching bed and chair set is adorable. I like how you create 2 living spaces downstairs one for watching tv and the other for enjoying the fireplace. Made space for a desk and computer. The kitchen and dining spaces will get great use. Thank you for the double sinks in the bathroom. The second bedroom will be well used by guests or future family expansion. The additional bee boxes will with pollinating the orchard. The fizz station in the shed is a great idea to make money, Jared will make good use of it. Jared doesn't know what he's going to do with the leftover $83,413, maybe start a retirement account? Thank you for participating.

@Pinkusfamily - Love what you have done to the exterior, it is so awesome, I like the stone fencing around the lot. My favorite part is the changes you made to the barn roof; it gives it a fairy tale feel. Removing the trees in the back to give access to the shed is an excellent idea. The shed will get great use for making money. The additional bee boxes will help keep the Orchard alive and well for years to come. The landscaping is beautiful. I like how you put the well there to take advantage of the lot trait, I did not even know that existed. Will have to keep that in mind for the next time. That is a great expansion of the upstairs, it is just outstanding! The floor is just as remarkable, how you managed to give him a large master suite but still use the rest of the space to make a kitchen, dining room, living room, and leftover space for a bathroom, while all moving the ladder to the middle of the house for access to the second floor. Overall a lot of great details. Thank you for participating.

@AlJay - Let’s start with the picture that you posted with the moon rising in the background, ASTOUNDING! The stone and lantern retaining wall are just lovely. I like how you reshaped the roofline. The seller’s table at the front is an awesome idea, I would never have thought of it. Along with parking spaces and tables for customers that Jared will surely obtain in the future. Removing the trees in the back, and replacing them with rock, is a great choice. The shed is a nice place to hold all his equipment and do some woodworking. The cats outside caught me off guard. LoL. The planting beds with additional fruits and vegetables nice added touch. I was confused by how you got into the house for a little bit, and then I figured out how you created the floor plan, just Ingenious. My favorite part is the office/storage/laundry room. Although I don't have JTB yet, I didn't notice the missing crates. There is a light in the storage area I have never since before, will be adding that to the list of things to use. The two bedrooms upstairs will be a calming relaxing getaway after working hard all day in the orchard. Thank you for participating.
    I am glad that you enjoyed this one, wasn't sure how it was going to go over. ;)

@DeanXeL - I like the exterior color, window, and door choices; it gives the barn a cottage presence. The porch and seating elevate it to the modern style you spoke of. Your landscaping and birdbath is very calming and relaxing, extending the rock path to the orchard and shed is a nice design choice. I like how you placed the shed at the front of the lot and how you put the cabinets in there for extra storage use. How you cleaned up the Orchard and fixed the fencing. The homemade bee boxes and so adorable and are my favorite part of this build. The master upstairs will be a great place for Jared to unwind it is just as relaxing as the landscaping, bringing in the browns and greens inside. The guest will feel at home in the room downstairs. The kitchen leans toward the modern aesthetic that you are going for, the yellow and brown color brings a happy feel to the great room. Jared will use the left-over money to reinvest in the orchard later. Thank you for participating. I hope you enjoyed it!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    @nali272 Thank you so much for the amazing feedback and the time you put into providing it for everyone, I enjoyed this challenge very much and I am actually very happy that you guys convinced me to give it a shot after all :D Have to admit that making the bee boxes turned out to be very enjoyable too! Too bad Jared will have to get his own bees with the leftover funds, they were not included in the boxes xD

I'm curious to see other entries and I can't wait to try the next one! :O
  • Options
    Thank you @nali272 for your kind review :)