Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    AsPQsz5.jpg

Background - The Lamb Briefing: Craig and Keisha Lamb have inherited this historic Dutch Colonial from a great aunt. They do not live in a historical society neighborhood but would like to keep as much of the exterior shape as possible. The house has not been updated since before Craig's parents were born. They do not know their interior style so they will be looking to you for help. They think the house has an odd layout and hope you can do something about it. The is a ladder to the attic, which seems like wasted space. They are thinking of adopting in the future and would need the additional room. They would like the attic to be converted into a primary bedroom suite.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHLamb BUDGET: $75,000 Lot size: 30x20 Floorplan: 2 story w 4b/3ba Lot/World used: Tranquil Crescent, Newcrest

Gallery Link: [url=Here [/url] - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/72A709A6731811EB8ED1C3C6F37CF8C6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=true
    Household Gallery Link: - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3B0A89B2731811EB8DBAC3C6F37CF8C6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style: Dutch Colonial
    Refresh the façade. Do not modify the exterior walls. Do not change the roof shape.

Interior style:
    Up to date and young; you can change up the floor plan.
    Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget.
    If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    Manicured, cute the grass and the overgrowth.

Issues to resolve / things to know:
    (MOO is on)
    • extend the porch to the length of the house and make it covered.
    • Create a laundry room.
    • an office for us to use our laptops.
    • on the second floor create an entry to the attic with stairs to the primary bedroom suite.
    • 3-4 bedrooms on the second floor
    • 1-2 bathrooms on the second floor
    • Need space on the second floor for the kids to hang
    • Convert the garage into a home gym.

Gallery TAG: #RMHLamb - DUE Friday, Mar 5th
    Imgs
    mc5oLpG.png
    lTI64CC.png
    3SblB4q.png
    rb2wkv0.png
    fviuau2.png

Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/02JQlni
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    I see you had a lot of fun making a mess @nali272 😃
    :D...I did! @JojoMOMSTER
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @nali272 ,

Thank you so much for your kind words.. I really enjoyed working on this particular home !

The newest challenge. Looks Great.

I got a coupe of builds I am workin on I hope I can fit it in...

Diane Pinkus o:)
    @Pinkusfamily - Your joy showed!!! I hope you can too.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    It's been so long since I have had Sims adopt. I'm not sure why but that is making this challenge already very exciting for me.

7Lj3r0Q.png

Boston is a child of the ocean just like Keisha and has striped pyjama pants just like Craig so he already fits right in, Sophie is a bit silly but nobody seems to mind and baby Nicole, well that is the most exciting part, how will she age up, what will she be like? Anyways . . . I haven't built anything yet, just getting really excited about the adopted children.
    I am excited that you are excited!!!... cannot wait to see their transition from now (where is that btw) to the Dutch colonial. @JojoMOMSTER
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @nali272 this looks afun challenge - I saw it in your signature on Blueprint Builds.

Can I just clarify

Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget.
    Does that mean when I delete trash etc I can't let the cost add to the budget money but if I delete windows etc I can use that money over and above the budget you gave us?

Sorry - its probably obvious but I hate to put something up and not follow the rules.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Entry form
    Origin ID: NacreousSky
    Link to the gallery: Artsy + Quirky
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes.
    Link to more photos/slideshow: Here.

Notes: I wanted to play with lots of color/texture/prints in this reno. It's definitely not everyone's taste, but that's why I named it "artsy + quirky". I decided these sims wanted something extremely fun and bright for their interior design, and I think the children who live here will love it!
    I also didn't change much of the outside of the home because I loved the beauty of the original shell so I only changed the roof color. Also, I left a few vines on the home because I liked the way they looked. I'm hoping with the new landscaping it doesn't come across as overgrown :#

Pictures:
    cS4FIUF.png
    aHptoZz.png
    5PXHm3e.png
    hoJU5JI.png
    @Becka28 , Yes. the best thing I find is to delete everything you cannot add to the budget, then use the money cheat to set the budget then delete the items that can go towards your budget. Make sense?
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @JosieAnglin , what you did sound perfectly fine. I am glad that you like the exterior. I didn't know how it would come across. Cannot wait to tour your rendition.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @nali272 Are we allowed to change windows & doors ?
    @Pinkusfamily , Yes ma'am!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • DawnkeyotieDawnkeyotie Posts: 2 New Member
    This is my first attempt at a challenge like this. How do you do it without running out of money?? LOL

https://i.imgur.com/fWBmqTc.png

https://i.imgur.com/IAIEc8t.png

https://imgur.com/n9XS6oB
  • DawnkeyotieDawnkeyotie Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so sorry, I don't know how to add photos or to edit a comment, so please forgive all my issues.
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    This is my first attempt at a challenge like this. How do you do it without running out of money?? LOL

fWBmqTc.png

IAIEc8t.png

https://imgur.com/n9XS6oB

If you are a new member, you don't have the option yet, don't worry, it will come ;)
    edited February 2021
    Thanks, @DeanXeL for helping out. @Dawnkeyotie honestly I think the other builders just rework the design until they are within the budget. But I will leave it up to them to answer. Can I get your gallery ID to download for the tour?
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Hey @nali272 do you stream-tour them somewhere?
    @DeanXeL , no just privately...
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Hi @Dawnkeyotie, here are a few thoughts:

Place the critical items first like the beds and the fridge and fire alarm, garbage cans etc. Save the clutter for a final pass.

If there is a room that is really important to the story start with that or those eg, in this one we need a laundry room and a gym so we need to place those before we run out of moneys. Also, don’t sell the placeholder furniture and doors before you set your money as you are allowed to sell those back in your budget.

Remember that walls and windows are before the budget in this particular challenge so get all that in place before adding the family and setting the money.

If you get stuck sometimes $4 floor coverings and wall coverings is better than skipping for example curtains and having a room look unfinished.

Debug landscaping, fences, chimneys and clutter items as much as possible.

Use terrain paint instead of tile walkways if possible for patios and paths.

For challenges where gallery price is a hard target, Use no CC artwork from the gallery because it does not count towards the gallery cost. For this challenge the family buys everything so this does not apply as much. If you use a creator’s painting, always hashtag their gallery ID and say thank you in your description.

I try to avoid planting harvestable for challenge builds, preferring instead to put debug plants as placeholders because Your lot value can be all over the place as the plants start spawning their fruit.

I also upload the “Don’t touch my work you pesky Sims” version of my build to my library before letting the Sims loose. This is because Sims, bless them, put away books, plant things, leave dishes and laundry in the oddest places and find other ways to mess with my desired staging. I will go back a save again if there are routing issues.

I also add extra lights or tune the lighting to avoid overexposed spots before taking photos inside then take the extra lights back out.

Happy Building!
    @JojoMOMSTER , this had me dying laughing !!!!
    I also upload the “Don’t touch my work you pesky Sims” version of my build to my library before letting the Sims loose. This is because Sims, bless them, put away books, plant things, leave dishes and laundry in the oddest places and find other ways to mess with my desired staging.
    Great Tip!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Finally getting started on this! Does the couple have any special interests or hobbies? I'd love some inspiration for how to make that garage out back functional.
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @icanhassims they would like a home gym, no particular interest... just looking to adopt in the future. But if you would like we can say that he is into cooking and she is into tech.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @nali272 i’m glad you can relate!
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Hi @Dawnkeyotie, here are a few thoughts:

Place the critical items first like the beds and the fridge and fire alarm, garbage cans etc. Save the clutter for a final pass.

If there is a room that is really important to the story start with that or those eg, in this one we need a laundry room and a gym so we need to place those before we run out of moneys. Also, don’t sell the placeholder furniture and doors before you set your money as you are allowed to sell those back in your budget.

Remember that walls and windows are before the budget in this particular challenge so get all that in place before adding the family and setting the money.

If you get stuck sometimes $4 floor coverings and wall coverings is better than skipping for example curtains and having a room look unfinished.

Debug landscaping, fences, chimneys and clutter items as much as possible.

Use terrain paint instead of tile walkways if possible for patios and paths.

For challenges where gallery price is a hard target, Use no CC artwork from the gallery because it does not count towards the gallery cost. For this challenge the family buys everything so this does not apply as much. If you use a creator’s painting, always hashtag their gallery ID and say thank you in your description.

I try to avoid planting harvestable for challenge builds, preferring instead to put debug plants as placeholders because Your lot value can be all over the place as the plants start spawning their fruit.

I also upload the “Don’t touch my work you pesky Sims” version of my build to my library before letting the Sims loose. This is because Sims, bless them, put away books, plant things, leave dishes and laundry in the oddest places and find other ways to mess with my desired staging. I will go back a save again if there are routing issues.

I also add extra lights or tune the lighting to avoid overexposed spots before taking photos inside then take the extra lights back out.

Happy Building!

This was so helpful thank you so much