Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Adam's Quest

Alice's labor progresses rapidly in her opinion. She feels the protection from her Mom's spell and can relax in between contractions. Adam praises her and massages her back during her resting phases. The contractions are coming rapidly and are more severe. It is almost time. She believes Adam's strength supports her as well as her family who is waiting and anticipating the birth.
    50500573973_e1fb910060_b.jpg

Gardenia and Wisteria decide they can't sit any longer and find cooking a pleasant way to pass the time waiting for the baby to be born.
    "I thought second babies were supposed to be born quickly?" Wisteria asks Gardenia as she gathers ingredients out of the fridge.
    "It seems to take longer because we are all extremely anxious. They are doing well and it won't be long now." Gardenia places a plate of cookies on the counter.
    50501283756_3fb5a17a0e_b.jpg

Alice finally reaches the last stages and with one more push, the baby is born. A tiny perfect little boy.
    50500573573_6a6459f8a3_b.jpg
    50501444837_6f960e66f1_b.jpg

She cuddles her baby close, counting fingers and toes as Adam exclaims excitedly. Their hearts are full with love for their son. Adam holds his son to him looking over at Alice amazed at the intensity of his feelings right now. His love for her, their children and the extended family is spiraling in his heart. He is the luckiest man alive. He has so much in his life that was never imagined while roaming the world on his own after escaping from the clan.
    50500573488_443ed0713c_b.jpg
    50500573478_9079718cc3_b.jpg
    50501444727_c2f4914c62_b.jpg

Alice and Adam clean up and are anxious to introduce their son to the family. Everyone gathers around as they hear them coming downstairs. Adam introduces their son, Alek Victor Moonwalker to the family. Victor is stunned that they gave the little one his name. Tears run down his eyes as Adam explains why.
    "Dad, I want my son to know the man that helped me grow, who made me into the man I am. I wanted to honor you and hope he grows into as fine a man as you are. There can only be one Victor, so we decided he will be called Alek, with Victor as his middle name to honor you.
    Victor is speechless for once in his life. He looks over at Gardenia through his tears. She is smiling and crying too. Victor hurries over to Adam and hugs him and Alice and the baby in a great big bear hug. He holds his precious grandson trying to decide who the baby looks like, Adam or Alice.
    "He has your hair Adam, and I think he will have your eyes. Look at that chin. I think Alek will be formidable. We already know he had a vigorous kick from Alice's stories."
    50501444482_eb3fe5d7d4_b.jpg

After everyone has a turn cuddling the baby they settled him in the bassinet and gather around the tables for a delicious meal. The toddlers finish their meals and talked amongst themselves. Kailena is swinging her legs back and forth and singing "It's my birthday tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. Happy birthday to me!"
    Drew giggles. "It's your new baby brother's birthday today!"
    Willow still doesn't talk very much, but she understands the word birthday and chants it while patting her hands loudly on her tray. "Birfday! Birfday! Birfday!"
    Finnian kicks his feet banging them back and forth on the high chair. "I saw the new baby. He's tiny and don't got wings like me. He has ears like me." He kicks his feet a few more times wondering how much longer before someone will let him out of the chair.
    50501444447_f631d73615_b.jpg
    50500573138_2211f10828_b.jpg

After supper, Victor hurries over to check on his grandson. He takes him out of the bassinet and cuddles him close. He sits down in one of the rockers and talks softly to Alek. Little Alek seems to be listening intently to Victor's deep voice and paying strict attention.
    50519835656_ff2474b366_b.jpg
    50520011502_1f6b6c1644_b.jpg

Dedric and Wisteria take their little ones back to their cottage and put them to bed. The others chat for a bit longer before heading to their own beds.
    50519835626_88ae2baef4_b.jpg
    50520011437_4dc700104b_b.jpg

The sun is going down, and Jennifer is miserable. She and Marshall take Drew home and get him settled for the night. She lays down to rest her aching body. Marshall lays down with her and massages her back and they both fall asleep.
    50519116828_a662929a7d_b.jpg
    50519116603_6cd758333e_b.jpg

Gardenia gets a chance to snuggle and hold Alek before they leave for the evening. Back at the house, she sits with Victor as he drinks some plasma juice and they talk about the day. "So much excitement today with the baby and them naming him for you. I used to worry so much about Alice being our firstborn and knowing how excitable and impulsive she is. The Fates knew what they were doing pairing her with Adam. They are the perfect compliment to each other."
    Victor sips his drink and thinks back on his memories. "I remember when we initially encountered Adam and how scared he was when he met us. He was determined not to show any fear. He did not realize then we could sense everything about him no matter how hard he tried to conceal it. He found a place in my heart from the beginning trying so hard to be strong and fearless. Adam was so alone and yet had brought himself up to be a remarkable young man. I did not have to do much at all. I trained him on some fighting techniques which also taught him patience and wisdom. I couldn't have picked someone more perfect for Alice than Adam so yes, the Fates did provide the perfect choice for her."
    50519835341_c04f3bb7c5_b.jpg
    50520011152_32b33e0160_b.jpg

Alice feeds Alek, burps him, and snuggles him lovingly before settling him down for the night. "I hope he sleeps for a few hours. I'm exhausted."
    Adam grins, "I can't really feed him for you since you are breastfeeding but I can get up and bring him to you if he wakes up hungry. How's that?"
    "That would be perfect." She gives him a long hug and they change clothes and crawl in bed spooned together with Adam wrapping his arms around her in a tender embrace.
    50519835201_cc60a1377c_b.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan I remembered I needed to type out my thoughts about the newest chapter here for ya before I get all consumed in my writing again. ;):kissing_heart: (Anything I can remember these days is a win. 👍 )
    You got this Alice! :star: And of course Adam is a great (and sweet) coach. <3 Such a pretty bassinet in the background too. :)
    I've been told the second baby comes quicker as well...but I'll never know. *sigh*
    Ooooh, I'd love some of Gardenia's cookies right about now. :yum:
    A baby boy!!! :smiley: Aww, he's darling! <3 (Do I see some colorful highlights in his hair? ;) )
    Adorable picture here. <3
    50501444727_c2f4914c62_b.jpg
    I LOVE the name Alek! :star: And also that they gave him Victor's name as a middle name. <3
    Victor is stunned that they gave the little one his name. Tears run down his eyes as Adam explains why.
    "Dad, I want my son to know the man that helped me grow, who made me into the man I am. I wanted to honor you and hope he grows into as fine a man as you are. There can only be one Victor, so we decided he will be called Alek, with Victor as his middle name to honor you.
    Victor is speechless for once in his life. He looks over at Gardenia through his tears. She is smiling and crying too.
    ^This was so beautifully written. <3 I was holding my hand to my heart and trying not to get choked up.
    Oh so Kailena will be aging up to a child soon? :grin:
    The chatting between the toddlers is always adorable. :blush:
    Ooooh, nice close up pic of Victor. :love:
    Gorgeous sunset pic! :open_mouth:<3
    So cute seeing Marshall and Jennifer all conked out on the bed together there. <3 I can only imagine how ready she is to have the baby. (Is that Woohooium I spy? :smirk: )
    I very much enjoyed Victor and Gardenia's conversation at the table. :blush: I kept thinking, awwww. <3 The Fates knew exactly what they were doing indeed!
    Alice feeds Alek, burps him, and snuggles him lovingly before settling him down for the night. "I hope he sleeps for a few hours. I'm exhausted."
    Adam grins, "I can't really feed him for you since you are breastfeeding but I can get up and bring him to you if he wakes up hungry. How's that?"
    ^My goodness Adam quit being the perfect husband already and making the rest of ours look bad! :lol: Hee hee, I'm kidding. ;) J had his moments taking care of L at night for me when she was an infant, though I wish he'd have done it more often. :p
    I can't wait for the next update so we can find out what Marshall and Jennifer are having! :smiley: Like I said, I guessed a boy, but I'm beginning to wonder now if it's a girl. ;) Guess we'll see. :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

@emorrill I love reading comments so thanks so much for making them! :smiley::heart:
    I love the bassinet, just wish it was a little smaller but I expect it would be hard to do.
    Yep, I'll never know either.
    I didn't see any highlights when I peeked on him in CAS. :grin:
    I love Adam's expression in that picture looking with so much love at Alice.
    I wanted to do a combo name as I did with Kailena but nothing worked or clicked when I tried out different combos. Not much works with Victor
    and I wanted his name to be prominent if used as part of the first name so just went with it as a middle name.
    I really need to find some of those cute bed poses where they are snuggling but not too frisky! :lol:
    Yes, woohooium! Marshall and Adam find it on their hunts and some they smelt and some are left in raw form. I think everyone has some near their beds now. :grin:
    hehe, the bassinet should be next to the bed and no one would have to get up at all. :grin:
    The next baby will be very soon. They pretty much were neck and neck with the pregnancy hours. I just need to finish the writing and a couple of pictures. Working today though so not sure how long it will be.
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan The mother to be will be happy to get the cookies when the baby has arrived!
    Cool picture of the baby being born (although I wonder why EA made them throw the babies in the air in such a scary looking way, lol :grin: ).
    Congrats to the happy parents and welcome to little Alek! How sweet of them to give Victor's name to the baby.
    That's a beautiful thing Adam explains Victor about the name <3 . No wonder it made him and Gardenia cry.
    Did you peek in who Alek will look like when he's older?
    I enjoyed the toddlers conversation :b. So it's a big day for Kailena tomorrow!
    Lucky Alek - so many sims wanting to hold him on their laps.
    Yes, Adam and Alice seem like a perfect couple <3 .
    Adam is such a sweetheart promising to bring Alek to Alice if he wakes up. Alice is a lucky lady!
  • Options

@meerkattime Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley::heart: I'm happy you follow my stories!
    I freaked the first time I saw a birth, was not quite expecting it the way it was presented. I wish mine had been so easy!
    Adam was happy to honor his Dad.
    I did peek and he will look a lot like Adam but not a clone. He definitely has the glowing yellow eyes. They must be strong eye genes!
    hehe, Kailena is more excited about her birthday than having a brother. :grin:
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Gardenia wakes up realizing Jennifer is starting her labor. She nudges Victor to rouse him and tells him it is time for Jennifer's baby. They change clothes, and he clasps her hands securely and teleports them to the cottage. She casts her spell easily that will protect both mother and child. Victor is extremely proud of his wife and her spellcasting ability.
    50519835121_610bf1d863_b.jpg
    50519116458_e9a7564482_b.jpg
    50520010837_c307ca42c4_b.jpg
    50520010727_9c61804135_b.jpg
    50519834866_6489921891_b.jpg

Jennifer experiences a sudden contraction that awakens her abruptly. Marshall jumps off the bed startled by her cries and moans. They both change clothes as Jennifer considers delivering the baby at the hospital. Her next few contractions come so fast she realizes there is no time for a trip to the hospital. The baby is coming! Marshall encourages Jennifer to breathe with him as they both try keeping it together. Suddenly Jennifer and Marshall feel the calming influence of Gardenia's spell. They both take deep breaths and await the next contractions.
    50519835181_27ab43970c_b.jpg
    50519116383_8b676c94f3_b.jpg
    50519116258_233f92293c_b.jpg

The contractions are incredibly long and painful, and they are happening back to back without a break. "You are having the next baby Marshall!" pants Jennifer as she tries to take a breath and be ready for the next one.
    Marshall knows better than to laugh at this stage, so he nods his head. "Sure will, whatever you want me to do, love."
    50519116228_452ca4fdc7_b.jpg

At last, a beautiful little girl is born. Jennifer and Marshall are enchanted by their little daughter. Their happiness beams from their faces with love for their daughter. She coos and gurgles as they talk to her and hold and cuddle her.
    50519116198_b2943f6054_b.jpg
    50519834746_a10435e72e_b.jpg
    50519834681_00b32b687a_b.jpg
    50519834651_59a7580288_b.jpg

Jennifer suggests they go downstairs knowing that Victor and Gardenia stood by after the spell was cast. Marshall introduces their daughter Lara. Victor and Gardenia are excited for another girl in the family. Victor congratulates the happy but exhausted couple and pronounce their blessings and return home. Before turning in, Marshall texts Adam informing him about Lara and requests he checks on Drew in the morning in case they oversleep. They fall asleep quickly both so tired from the early morning birthing and yet at peace and full of love for their family and friends.
    50520010437_93f9b196d3_b.jpg
    50519115843_2027938a4b_b.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan Yay it's time for Jennifer to deliver! :smiley:
    I love the clever way you took the pictures to show Victor and Gardenia teleporting. :blush: Awesome! :star:
    The eyes he's giving her the entire time, and during her spellcasting, he indeed loves her deeply. <3 (I love it when sims give those eyes to their loves!)
    Marshall freaking out! :lol: (*Sigh* I can't help admiring his beautiful bare chest. :love: ) Yeah sometimes those babies come so quick there's no time for a trip to the hospital. ;) Sims take SO long to get there sometimes that I feel like the poor momma sim is just in agony. :( I used to always send my sims there because #1 I didn't realize they would birth at home #2 it just felt like the right thing to do. :lol: Then I learned the baby has more of a relationship with mom being delivered at home and we like high relationships. 🙌 I kinda wish they would've added the high relationship with a hospital birth too, but...oh well.
    Sorry I went off on a tangent there. :p
    Looks like Marshall is timing the contractions in that pic, was that the idea? ;) (I really like his watch! It must be an ITF one cause I don't have it in game.)
    "You are having the next baby Marshall!" pants Jennifer as she tries to take a breath and be ready for the next one.
    Marshall knows better than to laugh at this stage, so he nods his head. "Sure will, whatever you want me to do, love."
    ^Ha ha, I love it! :lol: He's such a sweet guy. <3
    A GIRL! :smiley: (Guess my guess was wrong. :p ) The name Lara is beautiful. I actually know a very sweet lady with that name. :) She looks a lot like my oldest sister. :)
    Awwwwww, this picture! Be still my heart! <3<3<3
    Yes, it's truly a blessing to have family and close friends nearby to help during the newborn stage. 👍 Drew is going to love his new baby sister and I know he'll protect her for life. <3
    Love their cuddling in bed pic at the end. 🥰 Wonderful update and I look forward to more as always. :kissing_heart:
  • Options

@emorrill hehe, I knew you would love the picture of Marshall in his boxers! Shame they got dressed to go to the hospital!
    Thanks. In my story, witches can't teleport on their own. :grin: Only vampires have that ability. The hybrid kids will probably be able to teleport.
    I didn't know when I first played they could give birth at home either or that it gave a better relationship. I read it on the forum somewhere and did a home birth and thought it was kinda cool. I still do hospital depending on the story, but more with humans. Mostly home births though.
    The watch is a cc one that is kinda like the iwatch thingie.
    I loved Jennifer's face in that picture when I had her tell Marshall he was having the next baby. It was so classic I'm done with this childbirth thing!
    Marshall would love more kids but I think they will be done for a bit. :grin:
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »

I loved Jennifer's face in that picture when I had her tell Marshall he was having the next baby. It was so classic I'm done with this childbirth thing!

@bekkasan ^Ha ha it REALLY was! :joy:
    Thanks for the reply comments. :blush: I always enjoy them.

• Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Adam's Quest

What a beautiful picture! And when Marshall wears a top you don´t have to see so much hair! :p;) (sorry, I couldn´t help myself! >:) )

So they´ve got a boy and a girl! Finally they are born! I hope Victor and Gardenia and the kids will stay a bit to help with them.
    50519834866_6489921891_b.jpg
    Isn´t it great when your Sims make the perfect faces and you press C at the right moment?? The love and proudness of Victor about his wife is clearly seen here! He is sooo adorable!
    So nice of Adam and Alice to call their son Alec Victor! His grandpa is so proud of him! What a touching conversation between Gardenia and Victor when he thinks back as when Adam joined their family and that he thinks that Adam is the perfect partner for his daughter. I love how modest he thinks he is in his influence of Adam! <3

:D The toddler talk is so sweet, they are so "serious". So tomorrow will be Kailena´s birthday, what for eventful days!

Great update!!!! As always I can´wait any longer for more!
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley::heart:
    lol, wolves are supposed to be hairy! I gave Adam less body hair since he is part fairy. I do wish there was better cc that looked less like crayon scribbles. I'm certainly not artistic or talented or knowledgeable enough to make one myself.
    It's nice having the babies born! They were preggers forever!
    So next, birthdays and teen visits.
    I do love those perfect moments and especially if I am ready to hit c at the proper time. :grin:
    I'm working on the next set of pictures and a Mary update as well. I took too many pictures and I want to share them all! :blush: Didn't finish the writing part over the weekend as I had too much housework to catch up on. :neutral:
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Alek wakes up crying, wet, and hungry. Adam stirs and hears his cries. He changes his wet diaper quickly and rubs his back soothingly. Alice is awake by this time and stretches watching Adam and their son her heart swelling with love. Adam hands Alek to her so she can feed the hungry infant. "Your turn."
    He watches Alice as she breastfeeds the hungry baby and rocks him in the nursery. His heart beats with love for her and their son. Kailena wakes calling out for her Dad. Adam tries to convince her to go back to sleep as it is still early but she is too excited. It is her birthday today. He helps her change her clothes, and they go downstairs chatting about her birthday.
    Alice arrives in the kitchen after putting Alek in one of the small bassinets. Adam tells her about the text from Marshall. "They had a little girl during the night. They decided she was definitely Lara. Marshall asked us to check on Drew as he is sure they will be sound asleep."
    Alice cleans up Kailena after she finishes her breakfast. "You should go over now since Drew is usually awake as early as Kailena."
    50520010387_b59e1a6bcc_b.jpg
    50519834531_74622906de_b.jpg
    50520010347_da28e0108a_b.jpg
    50519834446_0fbb26a590_b.jpg

Adam heads over to Marshall and Jennifer's cottage and peeks at Lara. She is beautiful and sleeping soundly, but Drew is not. He is wide awake. Adam finds some clothes for him and takes him back over to the main house. They peek at his new baby sister before leaving the nursery.
    "Will she be as nice as Kailena?"
    "Sure she will and with you, as her big brother you will help her and get to teach her."
    Drew's eyes got round and big. "Oh!"
    50519834426_911d00e57a_b.jpg
    50519115818_ff63715815_b.jpg

After Drew ate his breakfast he and Kailena play together with some of the toys.
    "I have a baby sister, and you have a baby brother. We get to teach them stuff."
    "My birthday is today! I don't want to teach today."
    "I think they are too little right now. She is tiny! My birthday is tomorrow! I'm right after you."
    "I can teach you stuff!"
    "I already know stuff!"
    They both giggle happily.
    50538787512_7af4f17245_b.jpg

Alice calls her family in Barnacle Bay and tells them about the newest family member. Rafe and Autumn are very excited about little Alek Victor and hope they can get together sometime over the summer. Alice sends pictures from her phone and they all coo over how cute the baby is.
    50538787382_c10db9de08_b.jpg

Victor and Gardenia ate earlier but they sit at the table while the children eat. Victor lays down some ground rules as the kids want to explore Dragon Valley while they are here.
    "You must stay together, all 5 of you. No one is to go off alone. No arguing with each other. Josef and Jillian as the eldest are in charge. You must be at Red Dragon Lair by 2 pm for the party. I will know if anyone breaks the rules and who instigated and who didn't stop it."
    He has to bite his tongue to stop from laughing as the mutters from the younger kids moaning about vampire Dad's being unfair. Josef uses their twin telepathy to speak to Jillian (they are both vampires) about needing to practice blocking. Josef knows his Dad can hear him and he grins up at his Dad while his Dad stares back. Gardenia turns her laughs into a coughing fit. She knows that young vampires are incapable of blocking older ones. Victor is considered an old vampire.
    50530125416_d643d547c9_b.jpg

Alice bakes and decorates a cake while Adam rocks Alek.
    50530284677_bb4cdb02a5_b.jpg
    50530125336_84b125a0f5_b.jpg

Jennifer and Marshall are finally up and Jennifer feeds Lara and dresses her for the day.
    50529402213_d785a314a2_b.jpg

Alice hugs Jennifer and sends her over to eat some breakfast while she cuddles and plays with Lara.
    50530284507_ef201e7000_b.jpg
    50530284482_b50d9304b4_b.jpg

Adam calls his family in Roswyn, the Fairy Kingdom, and announces the birth of Alex Victor Moonwalker. The phone is passed from one family member to the other as all want to congratulate Adam and Alice. His Grandmother asks that they make a visit soon so they can meet their great-grandson.
    50538787472_27770bb244_b.jpg

Adam and Alice look at the two most recent additions to the family marveling at how much their life and family has changed and grown and how happy they are. Alice looks over at Adam. "Another big change is coming today with Kailena becoming a child. Are you ready for that change? I'm happy and sad at the same time." Alice looks over where Kailena is playing with Drew.
    "I guess I better be ready," Adam laughs. "It's going to happen even if I am not. I'm glad Drew is only a day behind her. Fillian will follow shortly and Willow of course will be a few weeks later. I have a feeling we are going to be busier than ever. Are you sure you are okay with the teens coming and visiting for the summer?"
    "Absolutely. I think between us we can handle the teens. I think we need to plan their martial arts and other classes while they are here, but still, give them free time to just hang out and be teenagers. What do you think about inviting Josef and Jillian as well? I know they are a bit younger than the other teens but I think they would all be good friends.
    "I think that is a great idea. Let's talk to Dad and Mom about it tomorrow."
    50530124941_ab22120781_b.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan I was happy to hear you posted another Ballan Family update this morning. :blush:
    Both parents caring for the newborn - in such an adorable way too - is the way it should always be. <3
    Oh yay! Happy Birthday Kailena! :smiley: 🎉🎂
    It's so wonderful how much everyone loves each other in this family, that Adam and Alice would have no problem checking in on Drew when they were up often that night with little Alek. <3 (They could've asked someone else to, but they didn't. <3 )
    LOVE this:
    They peek at his new baby sister before leaving the nursery.
    "Will she be as nice as Kailena?"
    "Sure she will and with you, as her big brother you will help her and get to teach her."
    Drew's eyes got round and big. "Oh!"
    ^So adorable. <3
    And Drew's conversation with Kailena was even more adorable. :blush: I love those moments where you have the toddlers talk to each other.
    "I don't want to teach today." <--- We parents often feel that way sometimes too Kailena. :lol:
    I hope we can see Rafe and Autumn soon! <3
    I had to chuckle at the ground rules Victor put down and the teen's reactions to it! :lol: Especially this part:
    He has to bite his tongue to stop from laughing as the mutters from the younger kids moaning about vampire Dad's being unfair. Josef uses their twin telepathy to speak to Jillian (they are both vampires) about needing to practice blocking. Josef knows his Dad can hear him and he grins up at his Dad while his Dad stares back. Gardenia turns her laughs into a coughing fit.
    :joy:
    I really need to have my sims bake cakes more often...
    Adam looks happy and content rocking little Alek there. <3
    Love that top on Marshall. :love: And Lara looks SO cute in that red outfit with the red bow!
    It's hard to accept your kids getting older...While part of me can't wait for L to grow up another part of me wishes she'd stay young and I know I'll miss it. Cute convo between Adam and Alice there. <3
    I can't wait for the birthday party! :mrgreen:
  • Options

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments! I enjoyed reading them this afternoon. :smiley::heart:
    It should definitely be that way and it was at my house. :grin:
    Adam's early years were with the werewolf clan and even though he was not accepted by the others he saw the way most helped each other out and everyone shared. Because he is more werewolf than fairy I wanted him to live in a clan type enviroment, but not in a cave. lol! I think it suits him and Alice and his friends.
    I do enjoy thinking up convo for the toddlers. I'm gonna miss having them when they all age up.
    Victor is definitely fun to write!
    He's had that top since uni. I need to get that man to buy more clothes!
    I do love dress up with the babies! :grin: I'm a little girl at heart.
    Girl...wait til your baby has a baby! :open_mouth: I bawled most of the way home from the hospital. Good thing it was so late and no traffic!
  • Options

Adam's Quest

The Willowisp's arrive for the birthday party. Victor and Gardenia had arrived earlier and the kids actually made it on time. Victor was proud of them. Kailena is anxious for her party to start, so they quickly get to blowing out the candles.
    50530124656_4232144aa0_b.jpg
    50530124581_6eaa48cd84_b.jpg

Alice helps Kailena with the cake and blowing out the candles. Alice feels extremely emotional and is about to cry. Her baby girl will become a child in just a few minutes. She looks over at her Mom and wonders how in the world she did this so many times. Alice wonders if that is why she has so many brothers and sisters. Kailena bends down and blows out the candle. Alice places her on the floor for the transition. Kailena claps her hands excitedly as the family claps and toots horns and twirls the noisemakers. She stands and dances as the magic envelops her.
    50530124516_2a642c9c90_b.jpg
    50530283887_2d2f9e4ca9_b.jpg
    50530124426_7029437fd1_b.jpg
    50530124336_c8b974d562_b.jpg

Kailena is now a beautiful child! She makes a pose as everyone shouts their congratulations. She gets the first piece of cake and sits at the table and enjoys it. There is plenty to go around, and everyone enjoys a piece of delicious cake. Kailena receives many presents from her family including a bike, new clothes, a few toys, and a tablet that will help her with her school work when she has to start this fall. She hugs her Mom and Dad thanking them for the cake and party and presents.
    50529401053_7a19278bf3_b.jpg
    50530283637_1e574a04cd_b.jpg
    50529400858_676dba42c6_b.jpg
    50529400888_a4c1c2f659_b.jpg

Before long the younger kids are full of cake and hurry outside. Dylan starts a water balloon fight with Lucas. What a great hit! Luckily Lucas has a good sense of humor.
    50529400728_89817c0381_b.jpg
    50529400698_6c1e06ceb2_b.jpg
    50529400518_78e21193ed_b.jpg

Lexie and Kailena get to know each other before joining the kids outside in the water balloon battle. Briana was out walking around the pond and Josef introduced himself and invited her to join the water fight.
    50529400473_59f2b0b34f_b.jpg
    50530123976_a5d4bcc953_b.jpg

The other kids soon hear the laughter and jeering and join in the fun. The adults come out to watch and chat while the kids play. Kailena is a very happy girl and enjoyed spending her birthday with her family.
    50529426553_98ccb96a35_b.jpg
    50529426538_3c26a4ffb0_b.jpg
    50530308387_7325177d6a_b.jpg
    50530308307_31d962e90d_b.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan Birthday party time! Yay! :smiley: 🎉
    Lol! Yeah the teens didn't want to get on daddy's bad side and then cause drama before Kailena's birthday party. ;) They are good kids. :)
    OMGosh I love seeing so much family around for a birthday party. <3 I miss those days with my family...we live too dang far away and we have for too long. :(
    Aww, {{{Hugs}}} to Alice. <3
    Her baby girl will become a child in just a few minutes. She looks over at her Mom and wonders how in the world she did this so many times.
    ^I've wondered that with my mom too. ;)
    Adorable Kailena excited to age up picture. :grin:
    OMGosh she is BEAUTIFUL!! :open_mouth:<3 I mean, I figured she would be, but wow! Love her cute top. :)
    She got some rad presents too! 👍
    Dylan and Lucas throwing water balloons at each other was cute. :blush:
    I love how Purple Briana is and how Blue Josef is. :mrgreen: I couldn't help noticing that. ;)
    What a fun and lovely evening they all shared together. <3 *Holds hand to heart* Makes me think of all the wonderful and memorable family reunions we've had over the years of my life. Thanks for bringing out the memories. <3
    Looking forward to more as always! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Great updates!

:D "You must stay together, all 5 of you. No one is to go off alone. No arguing with each other. Josef and Jillian as the eldest are in charge. You must be at Red Dragon Lair by 2 pm for the party. I will know if anyone breaks the rules and who instigated and who didn't stop it."
    He has to bite his tongue to stop from laughing as the mutters from the younger kids moaning about vampire Dad's being unfair. Josef uses their twin telepathy to speak to Jillian (they are both vampires) about needing to practice blocking. Josef knows his Dad can hear him and he grins up at his Dad while his Dad stares back"
    I love this conversation and their reactions!!!! I really would like to discover more of typical teenage rebelling behavior and Victor´s reaction and dealing with it! I would really like to know how he would deal with two fractious teenage vampires! ;)

"Victor and Gardenia had arrived earlier and the kids actually made it on time. Victor was proud of them." :D No words!!! Greatly written by you!!!!

What a party! Everybody had fun and everyone got a piece of cake! Kailena is a beautiful little child! The kids had a lot of fun and the adults could talk to each other, no party could have been better!
    I love the colorful pictures of them in the garden, all their outfits together form a nice picture!

I especially love the picture of Victor and Nickolas talking together, I wonder what they are talking about, having in mind how old they are!

I´m looking forward for the next update!!!
  • Options

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments. I enjoyed reading them! :smiley::heart:
    I'm glad the story brought some good memories back for you!
    I remember feeling conflicted on birthdays for T. Sad and glad at the same time. Alice looking at Kailena just tugged on that memory for me.
    It was a fun gathering and thank you for complimenting Kailena. I think she turned out pretty well! :smiley:

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for reading and your comments! :smiley::heart:
    I think Victor would be very good at dealing with those two. He's a loving Father but strict because he doesn't want harm to befall them. He knows the world is still not perfect and danger can strike at any time. hint, hint! :grimace:
    The party was lots of fun. I kept hoping a couple of the adults would join the water fight but I think the max must be 8 sims. :grin:
  • Options

Adam's Quest

The Ballan kids are not tired once they arrive home. Since it is summer break for them, they hang out in the yard. Josef and Jillian enjoy playing horseshoes while Dylan drives his imaginary car. Lucas and Lexie play in the treehouse.
    50530307847_1a59cd5732_b.jpg
    50529425953_bd0eb76915_b.jpg
    50530148661_999f725303_b.jpg
    50530307777_21f3c16b90_b.jpg

Victor and Gardenia play in the sauna. (I realized Victor didn't have the right skin on when I had them in the sauna. I guess something got messed up with all the travel recently. He's always been pale, just not that pale. I keep a list of my sims skins so the kids get one or the other parents as they age up.)
    50529426018_1fdfafb0f5_b.jpg
    50530307632_a19e71d9e7_b.jpg
    50530307497_59d0606c68_b.jpg
    50530148216_bf1faef144_b.jpg

Adam and Alice enjoy a chat with Kailena. She is extremely excited about her day to sleep right now anyway. She chatters on about how much fun it was. "It was such a fantastic day Mom and Daddy! I loved all my presents and can't wait to ride my bike with Drew tomorrow. Please tell me he is getting a bike from his parents! I love Lexie. She is so pretty, and she is funny and laughs a lot. It's a little weird that your sister Lexie is my aunt and is just a couple of years older than me. The water balloon fight was just epic! We all got soaked! It was the best fun! We should do it again sometime. I was happy that Briana and Bran came and played too. I think Josef couldn't take his eyes off Briana. I was able to knock him down once when he was staring at her and didn't dodge. She's so pretty, I can understand why. Would that be weird if they got together? Except, I know Briana has a crush on someone else. But I'm not telling who! She told me about it when she was babysitting me when I was little. I guess she thought I wouldn't remember. It's a girl's secret. My first one so, of course, I can't tell you. Do we have any cake left? Maybe I'll get sleepy if I eat another piece of cake."
    She finally slows down talking enough that Alice is able to get a word in. "Yes, there is a little cake left, and you can have a small piece. It makes us both very happy that you had a great birthday. Your Dad will go with you. I need to feed your brother and put him to bed." Alice hugs her tightly before they go downstairs.
    Adam looks a little dazed from the rapid-fire chatter that just happened, but willingly goes downstairs with Kailena and fixes both of them a piece of cake. He smiles as she continues her chatter and jumps from one subject to the next without expecting a reply. He wonders if Alice was like this as a child. Most likely, she did get excited easily in her teens. He answers her questions as she takes a bite of her cake. He treasures all these moments with her and hopes she will always feel this comfortable talking to him. After she finishes her cake, her energy is gone. He picks her up and carries her to her room, hugs her tightly, and tucks her into bed. "Sleep well, little one. Remember, Daddy is always here. I love you."
    "Night Daddy, I love you."
    50530148321_c783a89077_b.jpg
    50627042067_9e07bf4518_b.jpg
    50626948096_a1d25c4ae3_b.jpg
    50626948056_16124893f6_b.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Hui, it´s getting hot in my home! >:)
    50530307632_a19e71d9e7_b.jpg
    Gardenia can be very happy about having such a cute husband! I don´t mind his pale skin, he is dead, so to say. I really like his face without glasses, he looks soooo good!
    Ok, I´ll stop my infatuation with him now, otherwise I can´t comment on the rest of the story!

Kailena´s monologue is sweet, she is so enthusiastically! I believe her parents will sleep very good this night! :D
    She is very attentive to notice that Josef liked Briana! It´s interesting that she can still remember what Briana had told her about her crush when babysitting!
    I really hope for Alice and Adam that she will have a good companion in Drew so that she can lose a bit of her energy while playing with him! :D
    Aww, I love how Adam treats his little girl, he is so lovingly and caring! It´s so sweet that they always tell each other that they love the other! <3
    I really hope for both of them that they always be so close to each other.

Great update! And when I have a wish: please, more pictures of Victor like the above ones! B)
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for the comments! :smiley::heart:
    Yes, I have to admit Victor even paler than normal makes my heart beat faster. He does look great without the glasses! The backstory of that is centuries ago when he first started working with humans he wore them to try and disguise his eyes. Victor is proper and a bit of a snob. :grin: He thinks the glasses make him look distinguished so he continues to wear them even though he no longer needs to hide his eyes. I won't tell him because his head would swell more but I agree with him about the glasses. But, he does look awesome without them. :sunglasses:
    I had so much fun writing for Kailena and letting her thoughts out like that. I had a very good friend who talked like that! We probably all know someone. I'm looking forward to seeing how she and Drew get along as kids. They gravitated to each other when left alone but that might be because they are both were's.
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan I like the pictures of Victor and Gardenia in the sauna (even though he's got the wrong skin). Looks so romantic and Victor looks very good :love: . He always does but this time we see more of him, lol.
    Kailena is super cute as a child. I love mom's hair color on her. It's also nice to see her so excited after her birthday. Is Kailena excitable? She sure sounds like she is.
    We all know who Briana has a crush on so it's not a very well kept secret, lol :p .
    Adam is such a great father that I'm sure Kailena will always find it easy to talk to him.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @bekkasan I always love waking up to find a new story post from you. :blush:
    The pics of the kids playing in the yard, especially in the treehouse are so cute. :blush: You capture some wonderful moments. <3
    Oooooh my Victor!!! :open_mouth: WOO! What a nice surprise to see him nearly nekkid! :love: I don't care if his skin is pale he's yum! <3 Gardenia is a lucky woman. :star:
    Their kiss before the woohoo, so hot!
    Ha ha! :joy: Kailena's non stop chatter there is exactly how L is when she's super excited! (She's always been a chatterbox anyway...) I had her in my mind the whole time reading that! :lol:
    So...Briana possibly has two admirers at this point, hmm? :smirk: I was wondering about that earlier and where you're going to go with it. ;) Can't wait to see!
    Kailena probably doesn't need more cake, but it's her birthday which is why, I'm sure, Alice said she could have a small piece. ;)
    Adam looks a little dazed from the rapid-fire chatter that just happened,
    ^LOL! :joy:
    We all hope our kids will always be comfortable opening up to us no matter how old they get. <3
    Adorable the way they said goodnight. I loved it! <3
    I second what @AlexaKry said here: :mrgreen:
    And when I have a wish: please, more pictures of Victor like the above ones! B)
    :love:

Hee hee!
  • Options

@meerkattime Thanks so much for your comments. :smiley::heart: I do appreciate them so much!
    I love the love Victor gets! :heart:
    She is excitable!
    hehe, yes, we do know that. :wink: It should make for some interesting things during the summer with them.

@emorrill Surprise! I take too many pictures and it is hard not to share them. I appreciate your comments! Thanks! :smiley::heart:
    He is hot! :love:
    Kailena was very excited and definitely needed to wind down. Eating cake with her Dad worked.
    I will see what I can do for you and @AlexaKry with more Victor pictures.
  • Options
    @bekkasan : :D I really had to LOL about the explanation that Victor is a snob and that he just wears his glasses because he looks distinguished with them! I always wondered why he wore them, because he is a vampire who doesn´t have any "disabilities" like short sight, vampires are perfect, at least as I understand them.
    So he knows perfectly well that he looks very good and behaves accordingly! B)