Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan Poor Kaifindar! 18 is young indeed to be bonded for life... And it's so sad that it doesn't look like Briana can be his soulmate.
    I'm glad prince Finnian is on his side and want his son to see some life outside the Realm too.
    I wonder if they get to change the tradition. Finnian is speaking wise words to the King :) .
    Oh, Kaifindar is going to see Briana soon :) . Soulmates or not, I'm glad the young lovebirds get to spend some summer time together.
    I'm glad Adam and Marshall have landed safely in Moonlight Falls and hope their trip will continue to be safe.
    Poor Jennifer :( How sad that she's already missing Marshall. She must be worried too.
    Sweet that Kailena wanted to get to talk to daddy but fell asleep.
    Alice must feel so tempted to tell Adam about the baby after hearing what he said about Flora.
    Cute picture of Alice talking to her dragon. Of course the dragon understands what she's saying!
    The pregnant ladies had a cheese sandwich craving at the same time. I'm glad they have each other for the company while missing their men.
    Aww, poor Alice didn't even make it to bed for the night.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    It is very sad that both are missing their husbands so much. The first separation like that and they are nervous.

@meerkattime Thanks so much for commenting. :smiley:
    I hope to do more with Kaifindar and some of the other teens in a later side story.
    It is time for some of the Fairy Realm traditions to change with the times as things are much safer than long ago.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @bekkasan: At least Kaifindar gets to go to Dragon Valley. OOO, his lady friend is there in Dragon Valley right?
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Puddinroy Thanks so much for commenting. :smiley:
    Yes, she lives in DV. Awesome coincidence don't ya think? :heart:

^How did I NOT catch that!? :scream:

Well I like where this is going. :blush:

:mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @bekkasan Great updates! The toddlers are just adorable, and I do hope all three sims make it back home in one piece (three pieces, I wouldn´t want them to merge).
    Kaifindar leads a dramatic life! Traditions are stupid.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg

@emorrill hehe, I gotta have some fun with teenage love. :heart:

@ZhakiraP Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley: I just adore the toddlers.
    Yep, being bonded to your soulmate sounds great, but not at 18. Got to live a little first. :wink:
    edited July 2020

Adam's Quest

Adam called Dwight, the Moonlight Falls clan leader to set up a meeting. They scheduled an early breakfast meeting. Most of the clan came to the meeting as much for the free breakfast as seeing Adam and Marshall again. The clan enjoyed participating together in the hunts when they were visiting in Moonlight Falls. Catching up with the very active clan made for an enjoyable and noisy breakfast. They discovered fewer attacks were occurring in the mountains than in the past. Dwight told them younger members of the rogue werewolf clans were leaving the clan and the mountains. They are discovering life in towns is much more to their liking. Several young werewolves have approached him over the last few years. Because no one could vouch for them they must first prove themselves worthy of joining. They are with one of his clan brothers at a farm learning his clan ways as well as getting tutored as they were poorly educated. From what he has discovered from them only a few werewolves from the original rogue clan are still living in the mountains. Before leaving Pappy greets Adam with an enthusiastic hug.
    50044842761_7d986ffc5e_o.jpg
    50045099652_5719788f69_o.jpg
    50044842676_bcd27c1457_o.jpg
    50044278553_56f8accc0c_o.jpg
    50045099492_a676be57c6_o.jpg

They tell everyone goodbye and drive to the outskirts of Moonlight Falls. Adam parks his car and leaves it in a lot near the mountain path. The rest of the journey will be on foot. They must cross the mountains to enter the lands where Adam was born and lived his early life. First, they must go through the forest to follow the mountain path. When he left the clan as a child, he made his way to Moonlight Falls living for a time in the forest. He would leave the safety of the forest at night to scavenge in town for books and other supplies. The forest has changed considerably in the intervening years with the paths becoming overgrown. They take their dragons out and permit them to fly freely while they make their way into the depths. Surprisingly, the dragons stay very close seeming to not like the denseness of the forest.
    50044842446_3a2cff3e9b_o.jpg
    50044278318_a38b9508d9_o.jpg
    50044278258_ac6f9a3cec_o.jpg

It begins to rain. Adam thinks the path they are on will take them to an old factory. He soon spies it in the distance and they hurry to it. The fog rises with the heat and humidity brought by the rain. They take shelter at the factory that has been abandoned since Adam's time in the woods. When the rain stops they explore around the factory. It is hot and sticky and they are both uncomfortable from the rain and sweating. Adam laughs when he finds the outhouse behind the building. "That wasn't here during my day. That would have been useful."
    50044842191_e03e79db8a_o.jpg
    50044842166_80dc77b4c2_o.jpg
    50044842146_815baa3d2d_o.jpg
    50045099097_69aaebc191_o.jpg

They arrive at the mountain pass and much to their dismay there has been a rock slide. Adam looks at the rocks realizing they will have to take a different route to get over the mountains. It is much too steep and dangerous to attempt to climb over the rocks. They could easily trigger another slide and be caught up in it. The trip will be longer, but should not prove dangerous based on the information from Dwight.
    50045099077_abdf7e0a9e_o.jpg

Adam's Quest

Back in Dragon Valley, Wisteria is helping to translate and catalog the information in the records room. She finds a journal of recipes for preserving fruits and vegetables. It is in remarkably good condition. A few pages show stains, smudges, and a few torn places, but most of it is legible. Many of the recipes have notes and ingredients written in the margins adding variations to the recipes. It seems this recipe book was passed down many generations until it was forgotten and stored with the other records. Wisteria finds some jars at the local store and scours and sterilizes them. Following the recipes, she practices making preserves and jams using more modern techniques. She has to adjust some of the ingredients to the ones that are available now. She takes notes on her changes and transfers them to her computer. Perhaps she can write a recipe book someday.
    50022626517_330c557bf4_o.jpg
    50021824558_1e10975551_o.jpg
    50009228498_52d71a1870_o.jpg
    50009228428_75a92b7cf2_o.jpg
    50022426841_d540cc974d_o.jpg
    50080530601_648cea18bd_o.jpg

Alice continues working on her alchemy skills trying to discover a potion to help Jennifer recover her Genie heritage. She also hopes to discover something that would mask occult folk as they travel. She experiments with a variety of ingredients to find something new, but nothing seems to work. She goes to the local Vault of Antiquity to research some of the local and rare ingredients to see if a combination of items might work. The files are maintained in good order, and she collected lots of notes so she can try a variety of safe combinations. She also finds notes on restoring the powers of a genie.
    50009756176_6729b2676d_o.jpg
    50022626562_674031e2c0_o.jpg

Jennifer does a few interviews for work. She is interviewing various townspeople for the 'Meet You Neighbor' blog. She loves meeting and interviewing her neighbors, but she hopes a promotion will be in order soon. She would love to get into investigative journalism. Of course, she might want to wait until the baby is born.
    50009228338_1e75babe77_o.jpg
    50010018372_0c7e716d9d_o.jpg

Wisteria and Dedric enjoy the last few hours of Willow's babyhood. It is her birthday and they are planning a family party later.
    50009228278_eea6c65c9a_o.jpg
    50009228113_fc5b343fc9_o.jpg
    50009227998_d65f522818_o.jpg
    50022364701_6af2a8ca10_o.jpg

Meanwhile in another part of town...Briana and Bran are learning to drive. Bran drives his Dad's prestigious car and Briana drives the little sporty car. Nickolas is proud of how quickly the twins caught on to driving.
    49977903738_fbcc9c07f4_o.jpg
    49978685817_b596812fca_o.jpg
    49978685552_6778417a2b_o.jpg
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Great updates!
    I always looking forward for them!
    That is an impressive forest the both are walking through! That the dragons stay with them says that they are really well bonded with their masters!
    Great use of Moonlight Falls fog and buildings! The abondened factory building fits in the atmosphere!
    The parking lot of the food store and chip shop (?) is a good place for all to meet, it´s spacey and it´s visited by lots of townies all the time. Mine has an area to sit outside, too, and it is always full of Sims! Good that Adam, Dwight and Puppy are such good friends, so if they need help, perhapd Dwight´s pack can come to their rescue!
    I hope they´ll find a good way through the mountains.
    So Wisteria has a new aim now, cooking? And writing a modern cook book? That´s cool, especially when she uses her new pimped up laptop! :D
    Craven did a very good job here!
    Why doesn´t Alice phones up her mother for some help, maybe she knows something, too, on how to hide personalities?
    The teens and their driving lessons! <3 I like the picture where Nickolas explaims them the theory! :D
    I always found it hilarious in my families, when the teens don´t have their own car assigned to them, they always pick the most expensive cars and learn on them how to drive! Never would I let them LEARN driving in such cars in real live!!! :D

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for your comments!! :smiley: I <3 them!!
    I had fun making that forest.
    The fog was very timely along with the rain to add something to the trip.
    It's really awesome to see the townies flock to the outside dining I added to that lot when they moved temporarily to 🐸🐸🐸🐸's. Let's see if that abbreviation gets censored! lol
    Wisteria flew through her cooking lessons and chores. The others pretty much let her do all the cooking even though they were supposed to take turns. Poor Marshall was excused from cooking as he will do anything including clean toddler potties rather than cook.
    The laptop cover is awesome! @CravenLestat is awesome...but don't tell him I said that. :lol:
    Alice should totally call her Mom, but I think she is trying to find her own way in her spellcraft and alchemy now.
    hehe, Briana is totally ignoring the theory part. "get on with the driving Dad!"
    yep, my Dad took me out driving the old station wagon clunker that had been overseas and back and got us cross country many, many times. It really needed to go to the compactor site. But, it had wheels so I didn't care. I was able to pack all my friends plus my brothers and go to the bowling alley on Saturdays in it without Mom or Dad going with us! :grin: Great times!
    edited July 2020
    @bekkasan I can imagine a bunch of werewolves having a noisy breakfast ;) .
    Good to hear the mountains are safer than before, but I hope Adam and Marshall are careful regardless of that.
    I hope Adam still knows the forest well enough to find the right path easier. The forest looks gorgeous <3 .
    I hope the dragons don't act like that because they sense danger :o . Maybe they are just tame to be dragons, or very attached to their owners.
    An outhouse almost in the middle of the forest - that's practical (I wonder whose duty it is to clean it up though :# ).
    I'm glad Alice's visit to the Vault of Antiquity proved to be useful. I hope she'll find the right combination of ingredients soon.
    Happy birthday to little Willow! (Time for a new baby then :p )
    I like the car Bran is driving. It's a good thing the twins are learning fast so nothing bad will happen to it ;).

@meerkattime Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    He uses his wolf instincts for finding the way, even though it has been many years.
    Thanks! I really enjoyed making the forest.
    I think the dragons are still young and a bit skittish being out of their element.
    I laughed out loud seeing the outhouse behind the building. I don't think I'd ever walked around it before. :lol:
    Two new babies coming soon. I'll have to see how the desktop behaves after these two are born.

Adam's Quest

It is time for the party. All the guests have arrived. Everyone cheers as Dedric holds Willow near the cake and helps her blow out the candle. The magic swirls around Willow turning her into a beautiful toddler with blond hair like her Mom. Fillian hurries over to his sister and hugs her happy she is now old enough to play with him and his friends. The birthday cake is enjoyed by all except Bran who decides to go swimming.
    50022626442_9d0f51b5db_o.jpg
    50022626332_365567dd56_o.jpg
    50022364561_bfca24686e_o.jpg
    50021824353_634419216c_o.jpg
    50022626257_aaee024213_o.jpg

Drew leans forward and tickles Willow's toes. She pulls her feet back startling the other toddlers. Drew looks puzzled. "You liked it when I tickled your toes when you were a baby."
    Willow shakes her head back and forth.
    "Ok, I won't do it anymore."
    They are set in their high chairs and served some birthday cake. Fillian and Willow make a big mess with their cake. Kailena and Drew being a little older get more in them then on the highchair. Bonehilda is called out to help clean up the mess so the others can enjoy the party and company.
    50021824303_e24885f316_o.jpg
    50022364431_2c808da296_o.jpg
    50022364371_0ec52dd8d2_o.jpg

After the toddlers are settled in for the night, Wisteria and Dedric enjoy the comforts of the fairy cottage. Dedric is sound asleep when Wisteria hears a strange noise. She pops out of the cottage and searches the yard. Strange lights are in the sky. Moving closer, she is trying to figure out what is causing the lights. Suddenly a beam of light shoots down towards her! She tries to run but it is too late, she is caught. She feels her body rising from the ground. She tries desperately to change into her pixie form. It is as if something is blocking her powers. No one is awake to hear her scream. Several hours later she finds herself standing in the yard with no awareness of why. She is confused, unsettled, and exhausted. Stumbling across the yard and dazed, she manages to climbs the stairs, peeking in at her children who are sleeping, and hurries over to her bed, and sleeps until morning.
    50022626212_1cfd9b0d81_o.jpg
    50022625927_deb572a273_o.jpg
    50022625952_bd5dcc919a_o.jpg
    50021885548_561f904b7d_o.jpg
    50021885493_2388013d35_o.jpg
    50021885468_ecc459cb31_o.jpg

Willow and Kailena enjoy breakfast together. "Trade ya" Willow pleads. "No way" replies Kailena, "I gots oatmeal with berries"
    50022688077_03c4594f23_o.jpg

Alice and Wisteria have leftover cheese sandwiches for breakfast. Wisteria tells Alice about waking up in the middle of the night standing outside near the cars. "I have this vague recollection of a dream where I was taken by a beam of light. Beyond that, I don't recall anything else about the dream."
    "That is a strange dream to have. Even stranger with you wandering around sleepwalking. Is anything else going on? Are you pregnant?
    "No, I'm not pregnant and everything is great."
    "I hope nothing like that happens again. If it does I will try hypnotizing you to bring back the memories. Would that be ok?"
    "Sure. I haven't told Dedric yet, he was already out harvesting when I got up this morning. I'll make sure he knows. He's usually not a heavy sleeper and maybe he can stop me from going outside."
    50022426921_5745c2dde4_o.jpg
    50022687972_8f79c3ae28_o.jpg
    50022687992_5c8967de73_o.jpg
    50021885208_c343d11b8f_o.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Cute having all the toddlers together :smile: I like it the way Sims carry on as normal after an alien abduction as though it is something that 'just happens' and it does not really bother them :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for commenting. In her case, she thought it was a dream. They did something to her mind to cause her to forget what happened, but being a magical creature she knows something is off, but not the specifics. EA left it up to our imaginations to add or not in our gameplay. I did a whole story back in 2016 about what happens after an abduction. I didn't get the story finished as my puter died. I still have the pics and maybe someday I will go back and finish it.
    @bekkasan I have had a few Sims get abducted before but it is not something I take much notice of. I once had one Sim return a few hours later and join his wife watching TV as though it is just something that happens from time to time.

Would you ever share those pictures on the forums?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 I'm pretty sure I posted some of the story in @emorrill's thread. I may have made a separate thread in creative corner and I will have to hunt for it. I'll post the link if I can find it after work. I never finished the story because of having to take seasons and pets out after the laptop crash. I do have a lot of pictures in a saved folder that I could probably finish part of the story. I was really bummed losing that story and just gave up on it. I hope to be able to get back to that save once I get the desktop loaded with the cc I want back in the game. The guys that put in a new hard drive were able to salvage from the old hard drive, plus my external had saves on it.
    @bekkasan I still have stories I need to get back to but the last few months of Coronavirus and also having to get my computer repaired has slowed things down
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @bekkasan Was the story from around March 2018 as I found a random page with an update of your in it?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-3-game-today/p2451
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    no, it was earlier than that. That page has a Ballan family story at uni. I'm headed out to work in a few so will look later today.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    @bekkasan Hey. <3 Making comments on your update here since I can't handle how fast the main thread is moving right now. Plus I wanna take this time alone to spend on writing! :smiley:
    Well the ladies sure seem excited for Willow to age up, but what are the guys talking about behind them? :lol:
    Aww, look at how adorable of a toddler she turned out to be. :blush:
    Fillian hugging her is so stinking CUTE! <3
    Loved the dialogue between Drew and Willow. :lol: I'm with ya Willow, I don't like being tickled ANYWHERE!
    Amazing how messy those high chairs can get. 🤢 :lol: Yup leave it up to Bonehilda to clean! Lol!
    Ohhhh dear. Don't go toward the lights Wisteria! :confounded: (Alas I know that can't be helped in game :( ). Like I said before I'm glad it was one of the ladies and not one of your guys (for obvious reasons. :neutral: ) I wish there was a mod to get rid of alien abductions. Now I know what I'm going to search for. :p I'm glad Wisteria is okay. <3
    Willow and Kailena enjoy breakfast together. "Trade ya" Willow pleads. "No way" replies Kailena, "I gots oatmeal with berries"
    ^LOL! :joy: I always feel bad when one toddler has a bottle and the other has baby food...
    Nice of Alice to offer the hypnotizing to find out what Wisteria can't remember, but I dunno if Wisteria wants to remember. :confused:
    I enjoyed this. :blush: I look forward reading more about what happens with Adam and Marshall.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @bekkasan Willow makes a very cute toddler.
    So many toddlers, so many high chairs! And two new babies on the way :o . I guess Kailena and Drew will have a birthday soon?
    Poor Wisteria! It may be better for her to not remember being abducted :s .
    Cute discussion between Willow and Kailena <3 . Willow does look like she's not too happy with her bottle.
    Is purple Willow's favourite color?
    Oh, Wisteria thinks it was a dream. So would I if I remembered something like that happening :wink: .
    I hope Wisteria will stay safely in her bed from now on and Alice won't have to hypnotize her.

@emorrill Thanks so much for the lovely comments. :smiley:
    Yes, Nickolas and Bran were having a father-son chat apparently. I think Bran is finally getting rebellious like his sister.
    I love that toddler hug! :heart:
    Neither toddler is a slob so am amazed at how often those two make a mess.
    You can easily get rid of abductions with a mod or retuner ( I think, it's been a while since I turned it off because I didn't have it in the game.) or just make sure your sims are in bed and asleep before the abduction time which is usually between MN and 3 am. They may still come to the property and wander around but your sim won't get abducted.
    The next update should include more of Adam and Marshall's trek.

@meerkattime Thanks so much for your lovely comments. :smiley:
    I have pretty long lives so it still will be a bit before they age up.
    I need to zip into my connected saves and age some of the kids up.
    I would agree it may be better for Wisteria to not remember what happened.
    Purple is Willow's favorite color. I thought about changing it since she has green skin and I like to dress my sims in their favorite color but decided to go with it.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Great update!
    I hope Dedric took a shower before he held his little baby! :D
    The little ones hugging looks so sweet! And their talking is so toddlerish! <3
    Willow and Kaliena are already very clever, Willow when trying to get Kaliena´s food and Kaliena when she says no! Such a great shot of their faces. I can understand Willow, I wouldn´t like to drink this disgusting looking liquid, either. But the alternative, eating this brownish stodge, couldn´t be much better! :D
    I hope that the forgetting of the abduction is good for Wisteria, but if she will be impregnated, then it would be better to know so she could prepare much better for the strange looking baby she´ll get!
    So as I counted right there are 4 toddlers, 2 coming babies and a maby alien baby..... You must be crazy!!! :D
    I hope everything is allright with the boys!!!

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for commenting. :smiley: I just laughed out loud reading the last line. Yep, I am a bit crazy about having lots of babies in my stories.
    Yep, the brown food doesn't look very appetizing. I have to pretend it is oatmeal with fruit.
    No pregnancy for Wisteria. :wink: Hopefully no more abductions. I'm gonna try to make sure everyone gets to bed timely. :grin:
    The next update will include the guys. :smiley: It is partly written and I need to work on it and pull some more pictures.
    @CravenLestat gave me a ghost sim so I've been playing her a little bit when I've had some time. Back to the Ballen's tomorrow.

@king_of_simcity7 Here is the link to the abduction story. I just reread what I wrote. I do need to finish it! :blush: