Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Sharonia Sorry it took me a while to see your question but it was late here and I crashed after my last post to Turjan.
    You have probably worked it out already but, just in case, you can have different settings for different castes. There are castes set up already and teens is one of them and you can create castes of your own for different sims. My game isn't loaded and probably won't be today (Animal Crossing addiction :p ) so I can't tell you exactly where to look, but most users of SP will be able to help you if you need it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Sharonia Sorry it took me a while to see your question but it was late here and I crashed after my last post to Turjan.
    You have probably worked it out already but, just in case, you can have different settings for different castes. There are castes set up already and teens is one of them and you can create castes of your own for different sims. My game isn't loaded and probably won't be today (Animal Crossing addiction :p ) so I can't tell you exactly where to look, but most users of SP will be able to help you if you need it.

Oh no worries. I will figure it out or just leave it as it is. I'm just weird. Where I come from part time jobs after school for teens doesn't seem to be a thing so I thought it was a weird thing to have in the game. :D
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    I switched back to SV for a moment, and I finally got to generation 4 (took me long enough - more than a year :lol: ).

One of the sons of Eddy (Mullis) and Paul Stout (second son of Marcus), Adrian, actually went through with it and married Anderson Ansari (via SP), so I got them a kid. Adrian immediately wanted to have a second one, so I obliged.
    Anderson and Adrian
    HYAOvl6.jpg
    Here, Anderson is teaching Harley, the younger one, to walk, while Adrian is teaching Alexander to talk.
    ydsrYww.jpg
    No sneak peeks, so the Genetics thread has to wait.

However, the oldest daughter of Lucas (from last post), Alice, now also had a baby, with one of the boys of Bella (Bachelor) and Leighton Sekemoto. She's still living with her mom though, which is why I missed that. Pics come at some later point. One of her sisters, Patricia, married Wade Landgraab (Malcolm's son by Justine Keaton), so I guess they will be next. Or Adrian's brother Leroy, who has also already married one of the Wolff daughters. Which means I will probably see more of generation 4 soon.

Of course, some new couples from generation 2 also just got kids, so it's the usual chaos in my game :lol: .
  • Options
    @Turjan I can see Eddy in his son, Adrian :) That was nice of you to give them another child. I doubt I would have denied that wish either :D
    Sounds like your SV save is doing well relationship-wise :) Looking forward to seeing the kids when they are older in the Genetics thread :)
  • Options
    Trying to work out the best way to pack the town. There's going to have to be lots of overlapping packages! :o
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Been switching between sims 3 and sims 4, but tonight this happened. I started this save almost a month ago!(the 28th will be a month, which is an accomplishment for me. I shared what you see below in a different post earlier.)

It's official! There's a teenager in the Lowell household! Henry was on the verge of learning to drive when I quit. Send his dad some good luck! LOL!!!

Little Nicholas, who was finally born tonight, is a toddler and looks like Annabeth. Aria becomes a child in one day and Carson and Annabeth will be adults soon!

Henry:
    50507819823_e609f41a37_h.jpg

Nicholas:
    50508528581_41435cd76d_h.jpg

They'll try for baby #4 next time I load up.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2020
    A shot from the "Selfacy". :D

A big crowd at the "Big Builder's Island" festival.
    Screenshot-57.jpg
    All related...by marriage if not by blood.
    The last time they all got together was at the funeral of River and Haruo...

My family tree is a bramble bush.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer My family tree is quite tangled as well and nearly everyone in town is related in some way to my main family :D The teen with the red hair looks cute :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    That's Katrina - Brianna's kid.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    This is my current family, currently it's on third generation, the current hair Felipe Junior is still looking for his soulmate just like his father Leurent and his grandfather Felipe before settling.

Felipe Junior was recently broke up with Palmira Medina because both of them are snob and Palmira is a diva, so there is no single day without them arguing which one is better/superior.

qsdvk0qbdw1izcrzg.jpg
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    @izecson Your family is coming along nicely :) Diva sims can be very hard to live with! I have only played one diva and he was always causing problems but I overlooked that because I really liked him :D
  • Options
    @izecson Your family is coming along nicely :) Diva sims can be very hard to live with! I have only played one diva and he was always causing problems but I overlooked that because I really liked him :D

They was in a really good relationship when they were little kids, so I paired them up as soon as Felipe Jr broke up with his ex gf but Felipe Jr soon find out that Palmira is a diva and can't stop accusing her of being a sellout, and Palmira herself can't stop being mean to him. They was never supposed to be together so it seems 😂
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    @izecson Because I only play for genetics, all my sims have lovely traits and get along from the moment they meet to the moment they die (and beyond). On occasion I will try a problematic trait but that's usually only in short-term saves where it doesn't matter if relationships are for life or not.
  • Options
    @izecson Because I only play for genetics, all my sims have lovely traits and get along from the moment they meet to the moment they die (and beyond). On occasion I will try a problematic trait but that's usually only in short-term saves where it doesn't matter if relationships are for life or not.

I usually do both, even my current heir Felipe Jr has nothing but a bad trait (if snob is considered bad) but I tend to slip at least one good trait eventually. But yes I do enjoy the genetic in the Sims 3 much more than other Sims games. I like to be surprised that sometime I have this toddler or child Sims who are ugly when they grow up to teen or YA surprisingly they turn out to be good looking in this case Leurent and his sister Vevina.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    @izecson The snob trait isn't really a bad trait, although I guess some sims would find it boring that they always want to talk about themselves :D:D

I always liked TS3 genetics (when I didn't get clones) but it is limited in that whole features are passed down to the children. I started my current save when a Random Genetics mod came out a few months back because I wanted to test it and have decided that I will not play without it in future. Instead of whole features being inherited, children inherit features which are blended from both parents. I haven't had a single clone since installing this mod which is also a bonus! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @izecson Here's one of the kids (middle) from earlier in my save with his fathers on either side for comparison. You can see that the features are not completely from either parent but a blend from both.
    49959881562_996c4bced8_o.jpg

I just realized that this was actually a gender switched daughter because I wanted to get an idea of what her sons might look like :D Anyway, when the kids are born you get a pop-up with a genetic breakdown.
    49954079931_2d8fbf2a8c_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @izecson Here's one of the kids (middle) from earlier in my save with his fathers on either side for comparison. You can see that the features are not completely from either parent but a blend from both.
    49959881562_996c4bced8_o.jpg

I just realized that this was actually a gender switched daughter because I wanted to get an idea of what her sons might look like :D Anyway, when the kids are born you get a pop-up with a genetic breakdown.

Yeah, by enjoying the genetic of sims 3 i mean with that Random Genetic mod haha, ever since using that mod I would never ever play without it, in completely vanilla game I just sometime hate it that certain sims's dna/gen are too strong that all of their offspring are basically clone of them in this case premade Bella Bachelor.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Still playing on the Oakley Legacy, but the current issue is trying to find a partner for Marcus as he will be reaching the Teen Stage soon. Bede and Rose are now Teens and are learning a lot of Skills that will be handy for when they start their own families.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    Alexander meets his great-grandfather for the first time.
    gKgoqKg.jpg
    Funny that Alexander's toddler pics are still on this page :smile: .
  • Options
    @Sleepstar Good luck finding a partner for Marcus. I often have partners chosen for my sim kids when they are toddlers! :D
    I hope Bede and Rose get well set up for their future :) I make sure my spare kids are well skilled before they leave home.

@Turjan When my sims meet their great-grandfathers, they only meet ghosts! :D Do you prolong your sims' lives or do you not plan families so that the kids age up realistically relative to their parents?
    The reason I haven't been posting my family lately is that they are long overdue for a move and I was trying to work out which parts of the family to move to a new town without breaking the main family tree when my sister bought me a Switch and Animal Crossing for my birthday and the rest is history! The game is totally addictive but I am thinking it won't be too long before I go back to my sims because I find myself often thinking of them and how to manage a move.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @Mikezumi Marcus is frozen on day 1 of YA, so he'll eventually be able to meet his great-great-great-grandchildren. He also has 4 teenagers (quadruplets) of his own with Morgana (who got a couple of "Young Again" elixirs thrown at her), and those teenagers are just a few days older than Alexander from the post above. Marcus is not the only one who saw his great-grandchildren though, as some other residents started their lives out as vampires (Late Night was part of my starter pack for the game), until they had been "slain" (non-lethally :wink: ) via some NRaas Story Progression scenario. Which means, in my game, the generations are wildly mixed.

Animal Crossing addiction seems to be rampant on the forums at the moment :lol: . Who knows, I may find my distraction next month. We will see.
  • Options
    I might as well post some of my current Sunset Valley family trees. There will, of course, be some overlaps.

Marcus Stout, my founder (you should be able to click through to full size)
    oM1KH8Y.jpg

Frio, with some Bachelor (Connor and Jared are in the center, below the name)
    6QPxbJB.jpg

Leighton Sekemoto
    igOqKHK.jpg

Fiona McIrish
    oFNyc8J.jpg

Judy Bunch
    OkwRrCA.jpg

Gobias Koffi
    1aB1lTG.jpg

Jocasta Bachelor
    AtW5JCm.jpg

Those are some of the inhabitants, in part distributed over three Traveler-connected worlds.
  • Options
    @Turjan Impressive! I should try connecting worlds through Traveler although I really like seeing the extended family around the town as I play the main family.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @Mikezumi Thanks. I really liked your family trees, too.

I need the Traveler connections, because my game gets really laggy when the resident number goes above 120 or so. That's why I cart sims off until it gets bearable. I managed to get down to 111 in SV now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top