Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Chi5678 I move out the spares and their partners but I usually have three generations in the household - grandparents, parents and kids. There are lots of tangled branches on the family tree because the game doesn't recognize second cousins as family (I don't either ;) ).
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Mikezumi and I thought my sims 4 family tree was big!(and I'm only four generations in with them) Are you going to start a new save after you reach 10 generations, or keep going and see how far you get before your game feels like it's gonna explode?(just kidding on the exploding part)
    Still working on the five kids for my sims 3 family. Carson and Annabeth welcomed a daughter earlier today and a friend's granddaughter picked her name: Ariel. I nicknamed her Aria. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth Four generations is nothing to sneeze at. Do you still play that save because you seem to start a new Lowell save every other week.

I will probably start a new save before 10 generations because it was only meant to be for a few generations to see how the Random Genetics mod worked :D I think I have seen how good it is by now :p

Congrats on the birth of a daughter :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    For me, four is an accomplishment since I get bored a lot. Today(10.07.20) will be three months with my sims 4 save. I can't wait to see how far I can get in sims 3. Considering my sims 4 first generation was an only child, it was easy. He, on the other hand, ended up with three kids!(one single pregnancy and a pair of fraternal twins.) I have yet to have twins in sims 3 by normal standards(no cheating of any kind to get multiples)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    @Mikezumi I've honestly never played a save long enough to get to the 3rd generation xD i want to though!
    @HillyBeth 4 is an accomplishment imo, since ive never made it there xD I get bored when the parents enter adult stage and their kids are still children and aging up to teen. I've gotten twins a lot in sims 3, just read a pregnancy book or listen to kids music and watch the kids channel one day during pregnancy. Unless you consider that "cheating". I really wanted boy girl twins and I succeeded at that twice, though it always baffles me how I succeeded that, since I always eat apples for boys xD
    hLhdCsO.jpg
    @Chi5678 When I just had a couple of EPs installed and refused to go up to the Generations patch my game was extremely stable and I had one family that went nearly 30 generations without a hitch. Since moving back to Australia 6 years ago (could be 5) and leaving my old computer behind I have been fully patched and the game bloats super fast now.
    30 generations pfft dang! I remember reading your updates on the what happened into your game thread like 2000 pages ago and I was like ooo they do big families i wonder how many generations :0 xD you got me into nectar making and car fixing xD
    hLhdCsO.jpg
    @Chi5678 I love nectar making! I should do a more leisurely save next and have a couple and their kids (gotta have kids :D ) work on nectar making :)
    haha it's fun, I'm just learning about it. I built a greenhouse and put a nectar making thing in there. I was gonna store the bottles in a rack in the dining room but online said to age nectar it has to be in a basement, have you tested that?
    hLhdCsO.jpg
    @Chi5678 I've only aged mine in the basement so I have nothing to compare. The good quality stuff increases in value quickly! In one save I had nectar made by the first generation - I went about 13 generations in that one - that was worth a small fortune! I didn't need to sell it, though, because the family is always rich after a generation or so :D
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I created the characters from "Modern Family" so this was my last household.
    And let me tell you something - they have a quite complicated family tree! :lol:
    I'll try to add pics of this later when I'm in game.
    Haha! I sent Cammie and Jared (the parents of my legacy challenge) to University to get fine arts degrees and when they go to work they're bringing home 2-4k every day each and not even maxed on their careers so I kinda get that xD I need it right now because I'm still building their home but I don't know what I'll do with that much money when I'm done building!
    hLhdCsO.jpg
    @Avatarit I have watched an episode or so of that show so am familiar with the family. Must be a fun save! :) Looking forward to seeing your pics :)
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sooo... I got an update on the Hemlocks :flushed:
    First, Matthew Dolan became a toddler :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    5CoNoMg.jpg
    I love this picture because Sesha is cooing at him and Matthew is looking very proud of himself, like "Yes, I know I'm totally adorbs, keep going peasant" :lol:
    Recently (as in, a couple of hours ago :lol: ), he became a child :smile:
    b9yQudV.jpg

His sister, Noelle Dolan, is still a teenager.
    2LLwhUW.jpg
    She recently lost her macaw (it didn't die, apparently I saved while her dad was interactig with it and when I loaded the game... it got yeeted into inexistence)
    c610iNj.jpg
    She started dating this kid, Shayne Ingberg, at prom... now, I don't know if I'll keep them together, mostly because she is a very social girl and so far, she has wished to kiss for the first time like 80% of the male teens she knows after like three interactions with them and the rest of the boys had tried to flirt with her :joy:

As for her dad, Vritra is now an elder :cry:
    LLeACAK.jpg
    He is still very in love with his wife, Dvoire, who is still an adult (he actually wished like three times to have more babies with her :flushed: )
    WOpJaiN.jpg
    She should be having her birthday the next time I play (also... I didn't know she had that dragon the whole time :joy: )

Now moving on to Sesha Hemlock, my heir... he finally, finally tied the knot :bawling:
    aMLy9e5.jpg
    Now Shemei is a Hemlock too and the next gen might be on the way :wink:
    ztjvy1O.jpg

And finally, I'm glad to announce that Draven Knack managed to live to see his only son get married :heart: (well... kinda? :lol: )
    Jq0s75J.jpg

But sadly he passed away during the party :cry:
    D9kB6EU.jpg
    He now can be together with Rimon in the afterlife :bawling::heartbreak:
    rWcSCdW.jpg
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    @Ziristha That first pic of Matthew is precious <3
    He makes a cute kid, too :)
    Sorry about Noelle's macaw :'( Shayne's a cutie but keeping her options open isn't such a bad thing ;)
    Happy birthday Vritra. I love playing elders :)
    How did you overlook a dragon?! :D
    Congrats to Sesha and Shemei :)
    I'm glad Draven at least got to the wedding :) I always worry about my elders dying in the middle of birthdays and weddings. I once had a grandpa die immediately after taking his grandson to the birthday cake! :o:'(
    @Mikezumi
    Honestly, I'm scared of Noelle getting the flirty or hopeless romantic traits on her birthday, she is only a social butterfly now but is already trying to get all the boys :lol: who knows what'll happen if I let her go into the wild.
    I love playing all the sims ages but elders kind of saddens me a little when it happens, gameplay wise they're not that different from when they were adults, but I know we're on the last round so to speak :disappointed:
    About the dragon, you see my sims inventory tend to get messy over time, so I didn't know she had it :lol:
    As for Draven, I actually had in mind the formula of Elder+Party = 💀 I remember thinking "You're going to die today, don't you? I know you will, you're an elder, it's a party... you will :weary: " but before the wedding could happen the game crashed and then I played until the next day and I forgot the formula... and I even promised him the whole have grandchildren wish and believed he would live to see them... but then he started floating in the dance floor :cry:

I don't believe I had a sim die at the birthday cake, but yeah, parties sucks for full bar elders in this game, like if it's truly coded to work that way, then it gotta be a really twisted humor :cold_sweat:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    @Ziristha The reason I keep the headstones at home is because it's the only way I can allow my sims to die. Sure, I can't play with them any more but I can watch them while my sims sleep.
    @Mikezumi yes, I do the same, when I see the ghosts hanging around I get really excited and happy :lol: that's why when one of my sims dies all I think of to console myself is that they'll be back as ghosts :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    @Ziristha Nice household :smile:

The household I showed last page had two of the kids grow up to teen, Barney and his IF Carl.
    Here's Barney:
    QzLJb5z.jpg
    ... and this is Carl (left), next to Fred:
    aSAwDyv.jpg
    I mixed Carl from two townies who won't have any kids. Well, one of them is dead :wink: .
    I had them all move to a new house, but that one crashed. Probably not a good sign, so I'll probably not use it.
    It5YSnU.jpg
    I guess it's time to play a different family of the "Time Travelers", anyway.
    @Turjan Did you add the sims to Carl's family tree and use the Random Genetics Mod or did you use MC for the genetics? Either way, he looks nice :)
    Barney is a good looking boy too :)
    I've never had a house cause a crash! Definitely a sign! :o
    Have fun with the next family :)
    edited October 2020
    @Mikezumi Thank you :smile: . I actually did both. I added the two townies as parents via MC, then used "Play with Genetics" just once to get skins etc. right, then "Randomize genetics" afterwards to get a proper mix.
    Regarding the crash, it seems hardware-related, as I discovered. Hmm. I should probably see first whether a new cable for the SSD fixes that.

Just as an aside, to explain the "Time Travelers": a Sunset Valley science lab expedition gone wrong. That was one of the more fun households to play. Here they were arriving in Cronor, coming from Oasis Landing.
    BKuHPp5.jpg
    Rowan was still a teen back then.
    @Turjan I hope a new cable helps!
    Sounds like a fun concept for a save :) Have you been playing it long?
    edited October 2020
    @Mikezumi I hope so, too. Yes, I have been playing a lot with that expedition household. I didn't play too much in Oasis Landing's dystopian future, as that was mostly boring - but I played a long time in Cronor, where they arrived with 0 money and got a place to live plus a huge debt on top of that - and weren't allowed to work as scientists. And, as you see, I'm still playing them now in Lunar Lakes, where they escaped to with some of their Cronor friends, though they have split into families now. All of them ate Ambrosia, as they still hoped to get home one day (Rowan and Madison were the only ones who were not married). That means they are older than they look. Just Ethan and Madison stopped at some point. They lived the fall of their lives in the cliff villa in Lunar Lakes. Madison left shortly before the end though (Story Progression), and Ethan married Christina Landgraab (a Lunar Lakes local) the day before he died. Somehow fitting.

Here are some of them, already out of the sleeping bag phase, in Cronor:
    Fo8212P.jpg
    By the way, I mentioned that one of the parents of Carl (the IF from above) is dead. This was a ghost living in their Cronor house who got packed by Porter. Here's Madison, who was very fond of him:
    JwdcGNi.jpg
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I created the characters from "Modern Family" so this was my last household.
    And let me tell you something - they have a quite complicated family tree! :lol:
    I'll try to add pics of this later when I'm in game.

So as posted, here are some pics of the Dunphy, Prichett/Tucker, Prichett/Delgado families from "Modern Family":
    (I did not use pose player so it was quite challenging. Also to note that I did not create the houses in the back, I downloaded them- their creators did a great job, also a few of the sims were not created by me but downloaded)

tymxyz4eqmm2.jpg
    yzjomzkvdjtw.jpg
    ytqn15wzu3ja.jpg
    yiydwwnzymoy.jpg
    3q4yntyztq1j.jpg

* I don't know how to present their family tree in one screenshot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top