Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your current household/family?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Avatarit Your "Modern Family" looks great! I particularly like Mitchell, Cameron and Jay ... I hope I got their names right!

Edit to add: I don't use Pose Player either so know how hard it can be to herd households for group pics :D
    @Avatarit I like taking group pics of my families at different stages in their lives and, although I like to have them for memory sake, I do get frustrated that I can't get them to look at the camera at the same time :D Here's one from a family I played a few years back.
    28383355829_a2fea73b69_o.jpg
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Well, this time I decided to completely restart Sunset Valley since I got inspired to play as Claire Ursine and try to give her and her child-to-be a better life than they currently have. First off, I got her to lose a bunch of weight and changed her look and I gotta say I think she looks a lot prettier this way. After that, she had the baby that she starts the game being pregnant with. A little boy - which she wanted - that I named Alex.
    QvOjlCE.jpg
    Once she had him, she got the want to get married. So, my next idea was to get her with her ex's brother Connor. That's worked out pretty well since they were attracted to each other from the start. :wink: Got her married that very day to Connor aaannd ...
    qBaxzSo.jpg
    Well, this is Connor and his step-son Alex. I wanted to get their relationship to the highest I could before Alex grew up and they did get there. In fact, they're even higher than Connor and Claire at the moment.
    CkpIWdi.jpg
    I haven't decided if I'm going to make them have another kid or not yet so that Alex will have a step-brother as well. I've never done the step-relationships until now, so this should be interesting. Now, I've aged up Alex to the toddler stage and he currently has all his basic toddler skills - potty, talk, and walk.
    U909RIH.jpg
    I'm kind of thinking I might take Connor and Alex to the Library once I buy all the toddler books and make Alex read them all while Connor continues writing his SciFi novel.
    @carlystur03 It's true that Claire cleans up well with a makeover and a little weight loss. Congrats on the birth of Alex :) She usually has a girl when I have played an original SV. Congrats also on her marriage to Connor. They make a good couple :)
  • Cait_lynCait_lyn Posts: 71 Member
    I haven't played ts3 in a while and decided to go back to it. I never start with male sims so I this time I made a young adult named Emmett Dawson and his toddler daughter Gwendolyn. They live in Riverview
    This is actually him with his second daughter
    853Ez2E.jpg
    He's a journalist and I can't remember the last time I played a single parent with a toddler in 3, but that was an experience. Gwen was a tiny genius from the start.
    MfkAeZ8.jpg
    Emmett met a doctor named Jasper Barlow (Emmett and Jasper names weren't intentional even though I made them both. I couldn't even remember Emmett's name when I was in CAS with Jasper).
    They got married in their front yard in the snow.
    ARCtMrW.jpg
    Gwen and Jasper bonded by playing chess together.
    1WLudnO.jpg
    IGaJxP2.jpg
    Emmett and Jasper had a genetically engineered baby named Rosalie (it's intentional now)
    XJo4xk4.jpg
    Rosalie is a toddler now
    pCFSPPB.jpg
    And Gwen is a teen
    IqtK5D9.jpg
    She recently went to the prom with Susie Broke, but Susie is a week older than her and is now a YA and dating Don Lothario
    I don't think Emmett and Jasper are going to have any more kids, even though Rosie is easier to care for with two adults and a teen to do it.
    @Cait_lyn You have a lovely family :) I love it when I have a teen/teens in the household to help care for their younger siblings :)
    I have postponed moving my family for so long that it takes forever to load and save. I don't plan to go too much further with this family as it was only a test save to see if I liked the new Random Genetics mod - which I do - but I am quite invested in seeing at least another generation through. I have saved the house to the library so that I don't have to remember what has been added/subtracted since last I saved the house so that is a start :D
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Avatarit Your "Modern Family" looks great! I particularly like Mitchell, Cameron and Jay ... I hope I got their names right!

Edit to add: I don't use Pose Player either so know how hard it can be to herd households for group pics :D

@Mikezumi Thank you so much! :blush: And yes, you got their names right :smile:
    @Avatarit I like taking group pics of my families at different stages in their lives and, although I like to have them for memory sake, I do get frustrated that I can't get them to look at the camera at the same time :D Here's one from a family I played a few years back.
    28383355829_a2fea73b69_o.jpg

@Mikezumi They look fantastic! I'm surprised you don't use pose player (in a good way :smile: ). I like how their smile looks so natural, sometimes it's hard to get this vibe with pose player (that I ocaasionally do use).
    @Cait_lyn Gwen looks very cute!
    When you created her and her father in CAS did you use the same genetics? Like created the fater and then a female toddler version of his? or did you changed her a bit?
  • Cait_lynCait_lyn Posts: 71 Member
    @Avatarit Thanks. I used her father's genetics with a female sim from the premade folder thing in cas and then deleted the mother. I don't think I edited Gwen after that. I can't quite remember
    @Avatarit Thank you :) One of the reasons I don't use pose player is for that very reason. If it's not a facial animation that can happen naturally in the game it looks "posed" and that's not what I want at all! I want my sims to look like they do when I play them :)

edited October 2020
    Edit: Forgot to include the picture! LOL!
    This is my latest version of the Ursine family all having Autumn Salad for dinner at the kitchen table. Connor (formerly Frio), Claire, and Alex - Claire's son with Jared.
    YgPFzAV.jpg
    @carlystur03 Alex will be easier to care for now :) Have you thought any more about giving him a half-sibling? (Although I could never work out why they would be called half-siblings just because they don't share the same parents :| )
    @Mikezumi Yes, he will be easier to care for now and I love it! :lol: I actually did give him a half-sibling. She was pregnant with the half-sibling in that picture. Connor got the want to have a baby with Claire and by this time, she was only about 5 days away from no longer being able to have kids. So I decided to fulfill that one. :smile: It's another boy I've named Abraham. Right now, I've got this save as having normal default aging settings. Last I checked, Claire was about 2 days away from aging up to Elder. She's still only at level 1 in the Criminal career and I don't think she's gonna get her LTW fulfilled in time before she dies. I've restricted myself from changing the age settings since it's in the same Sims 3 folder as my Legacy Challenge save and both only have the base game and store content installed/activated.
    The first image was previously posted but I am adding it this this post to make a partial set. I will be adding the last two when the 6th gen. kids are grown up.

Mona (first 5th generation spare) and River and their kids. Normally my spares are allowed two kids but Mona had twins for her second birth.
    50351695011_21695740c0_o.jpg

Now that Jean (second 5th generation spare) and Roger's kids are YA, it is time for the family composite pic.
    50468280168_0960d3dbdd_o.jpg

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Nice families, everyone :smile: . I haven't done a composite pic in a while and should really do that again at some point.

I was playing a different of my rotational families. Lucas and Hesper are actually some of my older sims, with Lucas being the oldest son of my SV founder Marcus with Jamie Jolina, and Hesper was originally his IF, turned into a child of Gobias Koffi and Susan Wainwright. I guess this was one of the most torturous paths to becoming a couple in my game, as both had been married to others before (and Lucas has already 5 adult kids).
    y1fuyvj.jpg
    Hesper and Lucas have two kids so far (and I hope it stays that way), Helga and Scott.
    Y0IbWWv.jpg
    084I2lR.jpg
    There's also Helga's IF, Jillian, who I gave a face by mixing two residents. I forgot to take a pic, but I'm (relatively :smiley: ) sure this is a pic of her on a date with Fred from the previous rotational family (they both ended up with different girlfriend/boyfriend though).
    0YnHG5h.jpg
    Here's Helga with her boyfriend, one of the Lunar Lakes locals, at the consignment store.
    91pl9Yv.jpg
    Which brings me to a question:
    @Mikezumi You mentioned you use a mod that handles the romantic relations within an active family autonomously. Do you have a link and know of any conflicts? I'm really fed up with trying to keep on top of these teenage relationships, given the inactives are usually shoved into part-time jobs and after-school activities.
    @Turjan Your families are so complicated! Helga is really pretty :)
    As for teens, I don't allow part-time jobs for teens in my towns so that my sims need never have to wait for their potential partners to be free. I don't mind them doing after school activities since my sims often do those themselves but I have turned that off also on occasion using SP.
    As for the autonomous romance mod, I use bluegenjutsu's "Teen-Elder Auto Romance Combo Up to Propose Marriage Ask if Single Ask Sign" from Sims Asylum. You probably already have signed up with them if you use lots of tuning mods. I have never had any issue with the mod and have been using it for years.
    Thanks. Heh, yes, I sometimes lose track of who is related to whom in how many different ways myself :wink: . This situation here has a good reason though, given Hesper and Lucas were part of the "time travelers", that science lab expedition that got stuck in the future. When it became obvious that they wouldn't find a way back anytime soon (eating ambrosia in the meanwhile), they finally decided to start a new life.

And thanks for the mod suggestion. Yes, I already use a few of bluegenjutsu's mods, plus a few others from that site. I'll go and have a look immediately.
    @Turjan I just had a second look at your pics and think Helga might need some wax :D:D:D
    edited October 2020
    Heh, yes, both of the teen girls still need a pass through the Stylist, for several reasons.
    @Turjan I often encounter that when my girls inherit more than facial features from their dad :D
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't allow part-time jobs for teens in my towns so that my sims need never have to wait for their potential partners to be free.

@Mikezumi Is there a way to turn off part time jobs for teens? I'm not really a fan of that myself and would love to stop it completely.
    @Sharonia I'm not Mikezumi, but there isn't a way without mods to do that. I think you can change that using Nraas's StoryProgression's mods. Go ask over there at Nraas.net.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    @Sharonia I'm not Mikezumi, but there isn't a way without mods to do that. I think you can change that using Nraas's StoryProgression's mods. Go ask over there at Nraas.net.

Thank you. I might just do that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top