Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR will be reviewing Snowy Escape (Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    He's not a Gamechanger, which makes me value his opinion more than a lot of other reviewers of packs.

No, he's not a Game Changer but he does earn a living by making these reviews of games that you all watch and beg that he do more of, which, IMO, makes his opinion more suspect than if he was just a GCer. HE wants more views so maybe his honest opinion isn't so honest as much as skewed to garner more views thus, more money.

Umh, GC receive free goods and trips to sims-affliated events from EA. The reason people call his opinion honest because he's always on point by popular opinion.

I wouldn't say that. He wasn't that impressed with Vampires, yet popular opinion seems to say it's one of the best packs.
    While I do believe he's honest in his reviews, (as are most Game Changers) I don't think his opinion is any more valuable than anyone else's. It's just another opinion. (As are most Game Changers.)

But he's hilarious so he's fun to watch and I enjoy his reviews.

That's not really true. He said that it (vampires and supernatural) wasn't his cup of tea, but he had to admit that the game mechanics of the overall did really interested and actually RECOMMEND for those players that do have liking for playing supernatural.

Game Changers on the other hand? They gonna gush over a single item in the pack while repeadly proclaiming its the best pack in the existence.

I watch plenty of Game Changers who outright say what they don't like or what could be done better. Just because they also enjoy some features doesn't suddenly make them less honest, lol. But haters gon' hate.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited November 2020

I love that he takes so much time to prepare these too. Some Gamechangers (ain't gonna say names but you know) release a so called "review" of the pack the day it comes out but they haven't fully explored it, played it for longer than 10 hours and sometimes don't even provide footage, all in the name of being the first person to post a review so they can get the views.
    At least LGR sits his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 down and prepares a bit more.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020

I love that he takes so much time to prepare these too. Some Gamechangers (ain't gonna say names but you know) release a so called "review" of the pack the day it comes out but they haven't fully explored it, played it for longer than 10 hours and sometimes don't even provide footage, all in the name of being the first person to post a review so they can get the views.
    At least LGR sits his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down and prepares a bit more.

Actually, that's not really correct. They get the pack early specifically so they can review it and help other people decide if this pack is something they'd want or not. So it makes sense for them to do exactly that. And no, it doesn't mean their reviews have to be positive, not all of them are, but I'm relatively sure that if they get their early copies 2 weeks before release to only post a review 7-10 days after the pack's already come out, EA might consider giving their early review copy to someone else instead. So I think you're simplifying a bit here.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited November 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

At least LGR sits his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down and prepares a bit more.

Actually, that's not really correct. They get the pack early specifically so they can review it and help other people decide if this pack is something they'd want or not. So it makes sense for them to do exactly that. And no, it doesn't mean their reviews have to be positive, not all of them are, but I'm relatively sure that if they get their early copies 2 weeks before release to only post a review 7-10 days after the pack's already come out, EA might consider giving their early review copy to someone else instead. So I think you're simplifying a bit here.

@SimTrippy Some still fail miserably at making reviews that scratch more than the surface anyway. I don't think some sit down and write down any thoughts, first impressions, structure anything. They just press record and make a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 video about the pack with no footage of actual gameplay and no clear opinion or explanation of their opinion.
    It's like when the teacher in first grade asks pupils to read a book and say their opinion and all they say is "I think the book is good because I liked it". Make your point, Linda!
    I'm only talking about certain people here so keep that in mind. Let's all apprieciate LGR doing more work eventhough he isn't a game changer and the Sims isn't his primary selling point.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    He's not a Gamechanger, which makes me value his opinion more than a lot of other reviewers of packs.

No, he's not a Game Changer but he does earn a living by making these reviews of games that you all watch and beg that he do more of, which, IMO, makes his opinion more suspect than if he was just a GCer. HE wants more views so maybe his honest opinion isn't so honest as much as skewed to garner more views thus, more money.

Umh, GC receive free goods and trips to sims-affliated events from EA. The reason people call his opinion honest because he's always on point by popular opinion.

I wouldn't say that. He wasn't that impressed with Vampires, yet popular opinion seems to say it's one of the best packs.
    While I do believe he's honest in his reviews, (as are most Game Changers) I don't think his opinion is any more valuable than anyone else's. It's just another opinion. (As are most Game Changers.)

In general he's not a fan of supernaturals -- he prefers realism, albeit a bit twisted form of reality. >:) I still remember his Seasons review especially everyone dancing to "Hot in Herre".
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

In general he's not a fan of supernaturals -- he prefers realism, albeit a bit twisted form of reality. >:) I still remember his Seasons review especially everyone dancing to "Hot in Herre".

Yeah, I know. I'm also very biased towards the Vampires pack (and Occults), so I'm going to snottily brush off his review as inferior because he didn't praise it enough for my liking. Also, he gave too much spotlight to Toddlers, which was blasphemy, as Vampires deserved its own review. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member

Yeah, I know. I'm also very biased towards the Vampires pack (and Occults), so I'm going to snottily brush off his review as inferior because he didn't praise it enough for my liking. Also, he gave too much spotlight to Toddlers, which was blasphemy, as Vampires deserved its own review. :p

I ansolutely agree. I think his review for vampires was unnalanced. Even game changers who hate occults praise this pack and admit that it stands out from other game packs.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    edited November 2020
    I really don't care about his opinions nor the Game Changers' but I like to know what others think about something! Sometimes it's interesting to see how something we like is disliked by others and vice versa (except for occults, I can't hear people disliking them lol)!! :)
    But most of the time I prefer to watch let's play, speed builds and speed CAS to know more about a game than a review.
    Post edited by jomilej on
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    @LiELF I didn't even bother watching his vampires and realm of magic reviews, I know I would hear his exasperate tone!! I'm really biased about occults and I kinda hate it when realistic players who don't play with them often reviews them cause for them it's just "an halloween pack" or just a "filler pack" that they will never use after and even will disable from the game!
  • Options
    jomilej wrote: »
    @LiELF I didn't even bother watching his vampires and realm of magic reviews, I know I would hear his exasperate tone!! I'm really biased about occults and I kinda hate it when realistic players who don't play with them often reviews them cause for them it's just "an halloween pack" or just a "filler pack" that they will never use after and even will disable from the game!

He was actually really quite positive above both, and especially RoM :)
  • Options
    jomilej wrote: »

I mean, I still watch him because he's entertaining and likeable. I just don't always agree with him, and that's fine. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yay!
    I will wait to see what LGR has to say, heck I've held out for this long.. Snowy Escape is actually the First EP ever, I haven't purchased on release date. That sw pack & the rant I read on how EA is making more sims packs but not what the majority of players want...because they have a "vision" of what they think players really want... ugh.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited November 2020
    Goosey wrote: »
    I think EA stopped sending him early copies of games because he usually rips them apart for being so bad. The truth can hurt EA, deal with it!

You shouldn't trust any "game changer" reviews, these guys are soft on EA because they want to stay on their good side.

https://www.rachybop.com/2020/10/30/why-i-wont-be-posting-any-content-for-the-sims-4-snowy-escape/
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I think EA stopped sending him early copies of games because he usually rips them apart for being so bad. The truth can hurt EA, deal with it!

You shouldn't trust any "game changer" reviews, these guys are soft on EA because they want to stay on their good side.

https://www.rachybop.com/2020/10/30/why-i-wont-be-posting-any-content-for-the-sims-4-snowy-escape/

Does she usually make videos? If so, some blog message people have to hunt for IS being soft to me. Make a scathing review and show what you mean in my opinion.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »

Does she usually make videos? If so, some blog message people have to hunt for IS being soft to me. Make a scathing review and show what you mean in my opinion.

She posted it on Twitter for her 6000 followers.

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

She posted it on Twitter for her 6000 followers.

Yes I can see from the people liking and tweeting about it shown on the picture. I wonder how many it would reach as a Youtube video coming up on people's random recommendations.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Good, I will wait for LGR review. I hope he reviews the new Far Cry 6. I love Far Cry.

Yeah sadly that game was delayed. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
  • Options

Yes well as someone who pre-ordered the pack half off I agree with this. It's alright, it's beautiful, but I'm glad I didn't pay more than 20 :)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I'll wait when it's on sale.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020

Really good review.

I paid full price, I'm fine with it since it's for the sims4 so this is kinda the amount of content that I expected... I guess it's worth depending on how many hours of fun you can get out of it...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Super entertaining review as always - I agree that the price is kinda steep for what you get - it's nice as a game pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---