Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR will be reviewing Snowy Escape (Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I like LGR but I don’t know why he is complaining so much about stuff packs. To me stuff packs are so much better than ts3 store!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I thought he had given up. I don't blame him after the Star Wars release.

I love his videos.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I love the Jokes, especially in the Sweet Threats One XD
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Cool. Kind missed him savaging Journey To Baatu, myself.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    He's not a Gamechanger, which makes me value his opinion more than a lot of other reviewers of packs.

No, he's not a Game Changer but he does earn a living by making these reviews of games that you all watch and beg that he do more of, which, IMO, makes his opinion more suspect than if he was just a GCer. HE wants more views so maybe his honest opinion isn't so honest as much as skewed to garner more views thus, more money.

Lol what kind of reverse psychology is this? lmao
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Lol I hope he shows Duke Nukem skiing down a mountain.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well, everyone who needs his opinion to form their own opinion, to buy the pack or not, should have no problems of waiting till 20th :)

I just like his reviews. I have a mind of my own and buy what I want and leave what I don't want.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yay thank you for asking.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It will be nice to see his review as the game changers are oohing and aahing over clothing and hair I'm sure he will go right to the personalities
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Lol I hope he shows Duke Nukem skiing down a mountain.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    He's not a Gamechanger, which makes me value his opinion more than a lot of other reviewers of packs.

No, he's not a Game Changer but he does earn a living by making these reviews of games that you all watch and beg that he do more of, which, IMO, makes his opinion more suspect than if he was just a GCer. HE wants more views so maybe his honest opinion isn't so honest as much as skewed to garner more views thus, more money.

Lol what kind of reverse psychology is this? lmao

It's the opposite of logic.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited October 2020
    Honestly? I was more worried about when there would be another LGR sandwich video than if he would review this pack.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Honestly? I was more worried about when there would be another LGR sandwich video than if he would review this pack.

Same. I love LGR Foods
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    YESSSSSSS!!!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Well, everyone who needs his opinion to form their own opinion, to buy the pack or not, should have no problems of waiting till 20th :)

I just like his reviews. I have a mind of my own and buy what I want and leave what I don't want.

I wonder do people realize part of the reason we like him. Because he is unbiased, and his reviews are fun in tone.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Umh, GC receive free goods and trips to sims-affliated events from EA. The reason people call his opinion honest because he's always on point by popular opinion.

I wouldn't say that. He wasn't that impressed with Vampires, yet popular opinion seems to say it's one of the best packs.
    While I do believe he's honest in his reviews, (as are most Game Changers) I don't think his opinion is any more valuable than anyone else's. It's just another opinion. (As are most Game Changers.)

But he's hilarious so he's fun to watch and I enjoy his reviews.

That's not really true. He said that it (vampires and supernatural) wasn't his cup of tea, but he had to admit that the game mechanics of the overall did really interested and actually RECOMMEND for those players that do have liking for playing supernatural.

Game Changers on the other hand? They gonna gush over a single item in the pack while repeadly proclaiming its the best pack in the existence.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I love his reviews! Though, I'm already planning on buying this one - so I probably won't be waiting for his review lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Reminder

His review will be posted Friday.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Whether I like the pack or dislike the pack he doesnt change my opinion but I always like his reviews and watch it nonetheless
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Reminder

His review will be posted Friday.

Can't wait!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I don't think we necessarily need his opinion, but I always enjoy watching his reviews so I was disappointed when he did not review the SW pack. I wouldn't really want him to force it, though.

Thanks for sharing. @catloverplayer

Yes this. Idk why some people take such issue with some of us just enjoying LGR reviews, regardless of how we personally feel about the pack 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I
    keekee53 wrote: »

I wonder do people realize part of the reason we like him. Because he is unbiased, and his reviews are fun in tone.

I wish they would because it always feels like people assume he is the deciding factor for those who just like to see his reviews LOL I was already NEVER going to buy the star wars pack but I was looking forward to his review and then it didn't happen, not that I blame him.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I don't think we necessarily need his opinion, but I always enjoy watching his reviews so I was disappointed when he did not review the SW pack. I wouldn't really want him to force it, though.

Thanks for sharing. @catloverplayer

Yes this. Idk why some people take such issue with some of us just enjoying LGR reviews, regardless of how we personally feel about the pack 🤷‍♀️

Yeah it’s just interesting to watch his reviews and see what he has to say, don’t see what’s hard to understand about that. I watch his reviews after I’ve already bought the pack most of the time.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

He mostly looks at old games and computer systems. His most popular content is things like playing Doom on a calculator, talking about old PC keys, and looking at an early tablet by Samsung.

He is not a Simmer YouTuber, he runs a tech channel. His reviews of the sims are too infrequent to make him any significant amount of money. People who make money off the sims are people who are uploading let's plays and build challenges every week.

Finally if it was so important to be negative on sims content for his channel skipping on JtB would be silly. There was never a time more people were seeing and criticizing a pack for sims 4 except maybe MFP. I mean it hit Twitter headlines and people in my family who don't even know what the sims is were talking about it.

I will not make any comment on bias or not, but to claim he needs his Sims 4 reviews to make money is quite contrary to how LGR has set up and runs his channel.
    If anything based on his popular uploads he should continue with tutorials and playing games on unique platforms and drop the sims as those hit their peak performance during the sim 3 era and have only been dwindling since. (I could even speculate the negative outlook is the reason why they have gotten less attention)

LGR is eminently suitable for reviewing Sims games. He's been playing them since before 2000 with SimCities of every number and Sims 1,2,3,4. He's just not finding up to his high standards at the moment. From the Tweet I read of his when he announced he would review it he was hopeful but we'll have to wait,