Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Ahh I'm so tempted to watch the GC's reviews, but I'm liking the idea of going into this pack (relatively) blind. And also I don't really feel like having any negative reviews put a damper on my hype lol. I'll probably at least watch James Turner's video after I've had a chance to play the pack myself, since I know he was pretty excited about the Star Wars theme. I really liked the Tatooine-inspired build he did a few days ago.

Normally I'd look at reviews from a range of sources before buying, but in this case I'm like you, I want to go in without knowing any more that I do except maybe what is in CAS and Build/Buy.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    edited September 2020
    I just got to the lights part in the German guy's video of the build/buy and I think I'm tearing up. Everything just looks so amazingly STAR WARS that it's going to make my world builds on that particular save really flow. A lot of effort went into replicating the world, and I guess the rabbit holes are going to be part of the consequence of that. But ... wow, impressive. Most impressive.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2020
    j1z1 wrote: »
    Same, I expected the masks and, well, I expected most of it lol but I still hoped for a little more action and was sad to discover all the rabbit holes. It would have been nice to at least have regular food stalls with animations and interactions. I did expect a little more customization.

*snip*

And I'm still starting a project about turning every world into a SW planet and that could take months so. The BB, at least, looks great.

I'm doing the same. Having all the shells in debug in B/B will save a lot of time, though, since I'll just have to worry about decorating the interiors of a lot of buildings.

I hope the food options on Batuu aren't just that you can learn to make them yourself after you've had them, but that you can put them on menus in other restaurants. I replaced the karaoke bar in the Spice District of San Myshuno with a '50s-style diner to represent Dexter Jettster's diner from Attack of the Clones and since I can't make a Besalisk, but Raj Rasoya is a chef, I'll make him the new owner of the diner. It'd be nice if I could make it serve Star Wars food, but not the end of the world if I can't.

(The diner came off of the gallery, and it was listed as Dexter's diner. I like it generally, but the creator wanted to put the spaceship jungle gym out in front like it was someone's space car, which is a good idea (not just so it looks like there's a spaceship there, but because I am a big fan of finding ways to make lots more multipurpose), so they put a fake street in front of the diner to park the "car" on. I'm gonna have to see if there's enough room to change that street to a parking lot and then maybe add a couple of other small craft from the JTB B/B debug.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Oh my! I think that German guy may have changed my mind - I really adore the build buy stuff, I think I want to get the pack just for that, if nothing else.

I stopped watching when he got to the lights, cos everything was so amazing and I want to see some surprises myself.

There were some really really cool things :) If I post things I will put it under a spoiler-tag.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,438 Member
    I expected rabbit holes and I am OK with that. But after seeing the cantina in a video, I have to admit it would be nice if we could enter a few more buildings.

What I miss most is a lot where I can build. I know we can use the build cheat but it is not the same. What if we mess up the lot and the missions get borked? It would have been nice if they gave us a lot or two where we could build on. So we could have another bar, a shop or a museum if we want to.
    But we get a whole world to explore so I will just build batuu like buildings in oasis springs.

The one thing that bothers me most is the pop up message that our sims inventory stays at home. I wanted my sims to make paintingsof batuu. But can we bring an easel? Or any other portable objects (yoga mat, children's toys, mochino camera with tripod,...)

I am still looking forward to the pack despite these issues but maybe I will wait a little until I can make a bundle with the next EP
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I expected rabbit holes and I am OK with that. But after seeing the cantina in a video, I have to admit it would be nice if we could enter a few more buildings.

What I miss most is a lot where I can build. I know we can use the build cheat but it is not the same. What if we mess up the lot and the missions get borked? It would have been nice if they gave us a lot or two where we could build on. So we could have another bar, a shop or a museum if we want to.
    But we get a whole world to explore so I will just build batuu like buildings in oasis springs.

The one thing that bothers me most is the pop up message that our sims inventory stays at home. I wanted my sims to make paintingsof batuu. But can we bring an easel? Or any other portable objects (yoga mat, children's toys, mochino camera with tripod,...)

I am still looking forward to the pack despite these issues but maybe I will wait a little until I can make a bundle with the next EP

Same for me.

Lots of things I really really like but I wish I could bring portable objects with me. Oh well, I cannot have everything and I was really impressed by buildmode and debug. Think that I will remake Jungle Adventures and parts of Oasis Springs after this :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    You guys, you're all winding me up again, I haven't watched the build/buy yet. I'm going to go do that right now!!

And @purplestarz2006 , thank you for your insight regarding the rabbit holes. I usually can't stand rabbit hole venues, but you've really raised some excellent points as to why they were necessary and I feel a lot better about them now! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    5f40a72f7c5e4eda78dd2d1affe3b146f5a8fd7d.png
    I like the facemarkings for the Zabrak. Don't know if there is a specific lore-name for them so I'm going with facemarkings. I didn't count on being able to make a zabrak or mirialan but I that is something I like. That and twilek's really give me a fair few sims that I can play with as regular sims.

Edit: @purplestarz2006 that was a really good insight about the rabbitholes. It's either loadingscreens or rabbitholes due to how Sims 4 is set up.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I'm watching the English Simmer's B/B review, and I'm definitely digging it. I agree with her that we should have gotten some counters, but I won't be terribly surprised if the swatches and meshes in JTB become the basis for someone making a "Space Fight" CC pack.

Oop. She was talking about the landspeeder item and said that if you watch the Original Trilogy, this is what Anakin's speeder looks like and I anticipate her comments are going to fill up with a bunch of "well actually" posts.
  • Options
    kemowery wrote: »
    I'm watching the English Simmer's B/B review, and I'm definitely digging it. I agree with her that we should have gotten some counters, but I won't be terribly surprised if the swatches and meshes in JTB become the basis for someone making a "Space Fight" CC pack.

Oop. She was talking about the landspeeder item and said that if you watch the Original Trilogy, this is what Anakin's speeder looks like and I anticipate her comments are going to fill up with a bunch of "well actually" posts.

I just watched the exact same video and I actually said out loud, "Luke! Luke's landspeeder!" Lol. I know Anakin had it, but when you say "Original Trilogy", it's gotta be Luke. (<---Nerd moment)

But OHH migawd! The build buy is so incredible! The floor stuff, the lights, the fencing, the Gonk droid object, the round bar, the stuff, and ALL THE THINGS!! <3<3<3

Why can't it be Tuesday right now? I haven't been revved up to this level since Vampires!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I'm looking at the CAS video, and noti ced there's some Aurebesh on the last jacket for the male sim. I *think* I'm reading it as Yirt-Krenth-Enth on one side, with Cherek-Trill-Nen on the other side.

So that would read: Y-KH-AE CH-T-NG 🤷‍♀️ Guess there's no translation, but it's nice to see the language has made it to the Sims.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Could someone point me to a video that shows the DEBUG build/buy please? All the one's I have found just show the regular BB. I'm trying to avoid gameplay vids and filling my time with bb lol.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Could someone point me to a video that shows the DEBUG build/buy please? All the one's I have found just show the regular BB. I'm trying to avoid gameplay vids and filling my time with bb lol.

The German video above had DEBUG build/buy at the very end.,
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

Oh thank you! Ill check it out
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

Oh thank you! Ill check it out

Start around 13:34.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I just watched the exact same video and I actually said out loud, "Luke! Luke's landspeeder!" Lol. I know Anakin had it, but when you say "Original Trilogy", it's gotta be Luke. (<---Nerd moment)

But OHH migawd! The build buy is so incredible! The floor stuff, the lights, the fencing, the Gonk droid object, the round bar, the stuff, and ALL THE THINGS!! <3<3<3

Why can't it be Tuesday right now? I haven't been revved up to this level since Vampires!

I think the thing that keeps me coming back even after I say that I'm going away is the sort of happiness I see here. It's not unlike how I watch audience reactions to the Endgame portals scene, despite not being much of a Marvel aficionado. Seeing people get excited about their favorite series, superhero or landspeeder is just so wholesome.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There is a ton of stuff in build/buy and debug but what good is it if we don't have a Star Wars world to build in. We need a blank Newcrest in space world so we CAN tell our stories and build our builds. Would another blank world be all that hard. The world team did a fantastic job on Batuu. I know they could create a world with three neighborhoods, one per faction with enough lots in each to provide a base lot and some residential lots. Why create toddler clothes if they can't go to Batuu to live?
  • Options

Debug is soo sooo goood :smiley:

Personally I would have been really really sad if I couldn't put the entire family in Star Wars-clothing, they are a family. I like having my little occult families having adventures together so it is very good for me at least to get clothes for the kiddos. The toddler-stuff was really cute which is a plus.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

I think the thing that keeps me coming back even after I say that I'm going away is the sort of happiness I see here. It's not unlike how I watch audience reactions to the Endgame portals scene, despite not being much of a Marvel aficionado. Seeing people get excited about their favorite series, superhero or landspeeder is just so wholesome.

Yay! Welcome back. Blue Milk? :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There is a ton of stuff in build/buy and debug but what good is it if we don't have a Star Wars world to build in. We need a blank Newcrest in space world so we CAN tell our stories and build our builds. Would another blank world be all that hard. The world team did a fantastic job on Batuu. I know they could create a world with three neighborhoods, one per faction with enough lots in each to provide a base lot and some residential lots. Why create toddler clothes if they can't go to Batuu to live?

Hm I like this idea actually, of them giving us another Newcrest but with more of a sci-fi vibe. In the meantime, maybe SV might be of service? It's the weirdest of the worlds, anyway, especially in stage 2 it could serve as a nice spot to build weird lots. But the backgrounds will always be there of course :/
  • Options

Having a new, blank neighborhood with no background buildings would be really awesome to get. I actually think that Oasis Springs would be a great "Star Wars" world, and StrangerVille could work too, except for the central village. But the upper area neighborhood on the cliff face would be a good spot. Even the island on Windenburg would be stellar. Hah! "Stellar"! Get it?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2020

I would really really love a world that was completely blank and had no buildings at all in the background.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    Following on from my decision to send a spellcaster to Batuu (because that way I can have a Jedi with the force - or something near enough to it anyway), I have been getting Tonya Anansi (daughter of Grace Anansi) 'Batuu-ready'. Thanks to a little cheating she is a top level spellcaster and knows all the spells. I've tried to dress her in Batuu appropriate clothes but I don't know much about Star Wars so I may have failed a bit. I'll redress her in clothes from the pack once I get it.

If I can figure out a way to make it happen, Tonya will also be the lucky mother to Kylo's baby ;)

Pictures:
    UU3GMFa.png?1
    jWquaY5.png?1

Using 'the force':
    oiwXYZg.png
  • Options
    Following on from my decision to send a spellcaster to Batuu (because that way I can have a Jedi with the force - or something near enough to it anyway), I have been getting Tonya Anansi (daughter of Grace Anansi) 'Batuu-ready'. Thanks to a little cheating she is a top level spellcaster and knows all the spells. I've tried to dress her in Batuu appropriate clothes but I don't know much about Star Wars so I may have failed a bit. I'll redress her in clothes from the pack once I get it.

If I can figure out a way to make it happen, Tonya will also be the lucky mother to Kylo's baby ;)

Pictures:
    UU3GMFa.png?1
    jWquaY5.png?1

Using 'the force':
    oiwXYZg.png

She's gorgeous. May The Force be with her on her quest. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    rh2006fanrh2006fan Posts: 49 Member
    Here's the BB objects along with Debug :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top