Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please.

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited August 2020
    I DO play sims 3, when i dont want to play sims 4.
    APotts wrote: »
    My choice wasn't there, so I picked the closest one.

But the reason some of us hang about complaining about Sims 4 instead of just playing Sims 3 is because we don't actually hate Sims 4, we just feel it could be much better. Also, many of us have bought pack after pack in the hopes that if we add enough stuff the game will be more fun, because it worked for the previous games, so when that didn't happen we became disappointed. Once you have spent hundreds of dollars on Sims 4 I think you have earned the right to complain.

Personally, the reason I have not went back to Sims 3 is because my game is having issues and I don't want to spend a weekend fixing it, but eventually I plan to.

That's me too -- well, not the issues with Sims 3, it runs well for me. I love Sims 3 and just want Sims 4 to be more engaging for me. I don't want it to be a Sims 3 clone, but I do want it to have more depth.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited August 2020
    I dont go back to TS3 because its dated in some way (explain below)
    There's a lot of features from sims 3 that I miss, but I just can't get back into it because the sims are too ugly.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 3 .
    No one posted what their computer set was. And reasons for not playing TS3 are pretty shallow.

But if EAxis had not started putting TS3 down, their own game, to try to sell TS4, there wouldn't be as much division among the simming community right now and people would freely play all the iterations without feeling like they are betraying their favorites. Moreover, TS2UC would still be available if EAxis had not felt that TS2 was a threat to TS4 sales.

Between TS3 and TS2 simming communities, there's no real conflict at all. Why is there one between TS3 and TS4?

You should all stop feeding into the rift that EA started with those two games. Because it's NOT the usual case to have that conflict among the same iterations. An example is the GTA series. All iterations are different and each have their own fans, but there is no real conflict among its communities. While the fans have their favorites, they freely play all the other iterations. It's because Rockstar had not cultivated a spirit of hate for their past games.

There will come a day that TS5 will be released. Do you think your TS4 will be safe from EAxis when they want TS5 to sell well?

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    For me, I really like TS3 a lot, there's so much to do, there's so many different animations (my girl tried to open her dresser drawer and it was stuck and on the last big tug, the drawer opened and she fell back on her butt from the force of it) and interactions that are anonymous, I love the color wheel and CASt, that's a HUGE draw to the game for me. And the ability to edit my world, if I need to remove that tree that's outside of my sims lot because it blocks my view of the house, I can.

TS3 does take a lot longer to load, I'm sure it's because it's loading a big huge world, but once I'm in the game I have no lag because my PC is beasty enough to handle it, plus I have the fixed worlds installed for the routing issues, and NRAAS & Overwatch installed. All of this helps. I don't use a lot of CC in TS3 because I can customize anything to be the exact color/pattern I want. I do use default skin overrides, default hair overrides, and sliders for my sims.

But, there are certain things I do miss when I'm in TS3. The multi-tasking is one, my girl invited someone over for dinner, she was cooking, he was watching tv, it was an open floor plan so technically "chatting" should have been no problem but they weren't socializing at all.

And when I'm decorating in TS3 I really miss the search function that TS4 has, I always hated making collections.

So for me personally I have a love/hate for both iterations, but play them both regularly.

But if EAxis had not started putting TS3 down, their own game, to try to sell TS4, there wouldn't be as much division among the simming community right now and people would freely play all the iterations without feeling like they are betraying their favorites. Moreover, TS2UC would still be available if EAxis had not felt that TS2 was a threat to TS4 sales.

I never knew that, I'd be interested in reading it. I wasn't around the forums when TS4 first game out.
  • Options
    For me, I really like TS3 a lot, there's so much to do, there's so many different animations (my girl tried to open her dresser drawer and it was stuck and on the last big tug, the drawer opened and she fell back on her butt from the force of it) and interactions that are anonymous, I love the color wheel and CASt, that's a HUGE draw to the game for me. And the ability to edit my world, if I need to remove that tree that's outside of my sims lot because it blocks my view of the house, I can.

TS3 does take a lot longer to load, I'm sure it's because it's loading a big huge world, but once I'm in the game I have no lag because my PC is beasty enough to handle it, plus I have the fixed worlds installed for the routing issues, and NRAAS & Overwatch installed. All of this helps. I don't use a lot of CC in TS3 because I can customize anything to be the exact color/pattern I want. I do use default skin overrides, default hair overrides, and sliders for my sims.

But, there are certain things I do miss when I'm in TS3. The multi-tasking is one, my girl invited someone over for dinner, she was cooking, he was watching tv, it was an open floor plan so technically "chatting" should have been no problem but they weren't socializing at all.

And when I'm decorating in TS3 I really miss the search function that TS4 has, I always hated making collections.

So for me personally I have a love/hate for both iterations, but play them both regularly.

I never knew that, I'd be interested in reading it. I wasn't around the forums when TS4 first game out.

You just need to look up old posts here and on the SimGurus' tweets. They will actively disparage some feature of TS3 and it gets parroted by TS4 simmers in their posts. None of that happened before like with the transition from TS1 to TS2, TS2 to TS3. People still had their favorites, but things were never this divisive.

• Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    edited August 2020
    I dont see a problem with sim gurus not liking things about sims 3 @ClarionOfJoy
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    Right now I prefer TS2 to all of them. I’m having a lot more fun on there than I have on TS4 recently and I don’t think it’s that badly outdated
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I dont see a problem with sim gurus not liking things about sims 3 @ClarionOfJoy

But they don't EVER post the things they don't like about TS4? They don't dare.

When TS5 comes out and the SimGurus start making disparaging remarks about TS4, I suppose I won't see a problem with that either.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    I've been playing TS3 all night and I think I might be getting a little bit addicted. I even bought seasons for it cause I love weather in my sims games. It's been eleven years since release and I finally have a computer that can run it with all the settings on highest.

Yesterday I was still sad about the way things are going with TS4 and today I've pretty much completely forgotten about it. I'm actually having more fun in TS3 right now. It's like a whole new game for me because I barely played it when it was the current sims game. I am loving all the extra details that the game has compared with TS4. Sims have so many more realistic animations for everything. They don't do stupid stuff like standing to watch TV or standing to eat and the game isn't full of horrible graphical bugs.

The graphics may not be as pretty as TS4's are but they also aren't that bad either when set on the highest settings. It's a fun game and I can easily overlook graphics for better quality game play any day.

I doubt that I will return to TS4 again now until I hear that some serious improvements have been made.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    Im glad to hear that you're feeling more optimistic about sims 3 as an alternative :)@Sharonia

Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    puffyamiumi22puffyamiumi22 Posts: 77 Member
    I do play Sims 3 when I don't feel like playing Sims 4. Shoot, I'll even go back to Sims 2 when I want to play something else. I think most people who are complaining at the moment are upset that they feel like they're being ignored (please correct me if I'm wrong). I've looked at the comments on Reddit and Facebook after the announcement of the Star Wars GP and noticed that there are numerous people who have said that they "didn't ask for this" or "I'd rather have XYZ over this". There are things that Sims 4 is missing that Sims 2&3 have perfected and vice versa (Sims 2&3 missing things 4 has because Sims 4 is the newer game). I personally try to enjoy each of the games, even though I get to thinking about the things that could've been or could make the game even more enjoyable. It's best to respect the opinions of others, be it positive or negative (Not to say OP is disrespectful; in fact, I think that she's been quite respectful).
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    For some reason my computer won't run TS3 :<
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    I loved Sims 3 so, so very much, but I want Sims 4 to be better. Yes it has its flaws, but it does have some good, some things it did better. As a whole though? Sims 4 is so barebones, so lackluster, so underwhelming for the next iteration of a game series. Features that were in 2 and 3 were removed or stripped down (TRAITS) and the game feels so empty. Building was something done very well with the shifting of rooms and being able to move them, rounded decks (still waiting on round rooms though), hats as hats instead of hairs....

I've also sort of fallen in love with what I've done with the game; redone apartments, whole family up to like 4 generations in, a handful of pretty lots, both residential and commercial, and I don't necessarily want to give it up. I suppose if I put it enough time I could remake them in Sims 3, go take a look back at lots I've made before. And I suppose I don't want my nostalgia of Sims 3 to be wrong? Not to mention spending a lot of time reinstalling the game, packs and store stuff, possible mods and CC.... But I do often say to myself "I should just reinstall Sims 3".
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Sharonia...... Go read about all of the personality traits on Carl's page if you want to start thinking about what other kinds of sims you might want to make and try. You only think you're addicted now, wait until you see all of the things that you can do.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I've been playing a ton of Sims 2 and a little less than that of Sims 3. (I'd still play Sims 1 but I get obliterated by the aggressive need decay rate.)

Personally, Sims 4's running stagnant on content I may be interested in but I still come back to play as much as I can when I cool off from playing other games. :)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because im satisfied with TS4
    I may not be into all the content out there for Sims 4 (certainly am having major doubts towards the Star Wars nonsense, ENOUGHISENOUGHANDILOVESTARWARSSINCEIWASAKIDIGREWUPONTHATSTUFFBUTIDONTWANTITINEVERYPLUMTHINGIDOHOWTOKILLGOODSTUFF101COVERSOVERSATURATIONREEEEEEEEEANDIDESPISESWTORALSOWHICHISWHEREIDPROBABLYGOIFIREALLYFELTLIKEDOINGSTARWARSEXCEPTIHATETHATGAMETHANKSEA), but when I most recently tried TS3 on my PC, it crashed - this was last year. Played it initially on PS3 around when it came out, but I don't really like playing on consoles. I have a complete Sims 2 game, but I've moved on enough with TS4 to say I don't feel like going back to previous iterations. I'm more likely to look at Cities Skylines if I want to build differently elsewhere.

TS4 is better in lots of ways than its previous incarnations, especially since I spend most of my game building. I won't lie, though, when I do step into live mode it can lead to frustration, so I totally understand when other players get despondent and fed up. I believe it's like this:

I play both... I even play Sims 2 still.

I don't hate Sims 4... in fact, it's actually a favorite of mine. I enjoy it a lot! It actually has quite a few features I personally prefer over past games (like the manage household option, calendar from Season, etc). I might get very passionate when criticizing the game, but that's mostly because I really wanna see it reach its full potential! I just often feel like the developers aren't doing that... and it disappoints me.

There's going to be lots of players who feel like this, and this forum and other Sims-dedicated sites are great and rather obvious places for such players to share their thoughts and feelings. If it gets overwhelmingly negative, I can understand how it can turn others away, yet it's still something of a litmus test: it doesn't change the fact there's a lot of long term players who are feeling let-down and sad by the perceived lack of progression in some areas of the game.

Also, spiral staircases, please.
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I tried TS3 a few weeks ago but it is the biggest lagfest on my computer. I also have the complete collection of TS2 but can't get it to run -_-
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I forgot to mention last night when I was playing TS3 that my sim had a visit from a burglar and I almost freaked the heck out. I miss that kinda of randomness so much when I play the Sims 4. Nothing exciting like that ever happens in TS4 and it's a real shame.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I forgot to mention last night when I was playing TS3 that my sim had a visit from a burglar and I almost freaked the heck out. I miss that kinda of randomness so much when I play the Sims 4. Nothing exciting like that ever happens in TS4 and it's a real shame.

Lol, yeah I really love the unpredictability of TS3! One time when one of my sims was away at university, one of her dorm mates DIED. He got stuck inside a wall and died of starvation. Ever since then this creepy tune would play late at night. It was more disturbing than if his ghost had manifested! I tried to look it up in the TS3 section here. Other people have reported that they have heard that creepy tune as well but apparently it is one of the many undocumented surprises in TS3!

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Isn't it fun when those random things happen! My girl fell on her butt when she tugged her dresser drawer too hard and the momentum of it opening knocked her down. I was pretty excited about that! I forgot they actually opened drawers
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2020
    No one posted what their computer set was. And reasons for not playing TS3 are pretty shallow.

Between TS3 and TS2 simming communities, there's no real conflict at all. Why is there one between TS3 and TS4?

You should all stop feeding into the rift that EA started with those two games. Because it's NOT the usual case to have that conflict among the same iterations. An example is the GTA series. All iterations are different and each have their own fans, but there is no real conflict among its communities. While the fans have their favorites, they freely play all the other iterations. It's because Rockstar had not cultivated a spirit of hate for their past games.

There will come a day that TS5 will be released. Do you think your TS4 will be safe from EAxis when they want TS5 to sell well?

I wonder how not liking the camera controls is a shallow reason. When a person is frustrated with camera controls after 20 minutes of gameplay, is that not a valid reason to not play Sims 3? I know I only purchased and attempted to play it AFTER playing Sims 4. Never got into the hate between sims 3 fans and sims 4 fans. But, I can say via my experience which iteration I think is best for me to play. If I could, I would go back to the first iteration, as I still love that one.
  • Options

I wonder how not liking the camera controls is a shallow reason. When a person is frustrated with camera controls after 20 minutes of gameplay, is that not a valid reason to not play Sims 3? I know I only purchased and attempted to play it AFTER playing Sims 4. Never got into the hate between sims 3 fans and sims 4 fans. But, I can say via my experience which iteration I think is best for me to play. If I could, I would go back to the first iteration, as I still love that one.

It is a pretty shallow reason considering that TS3 has so many great things about it. You only played TS3 for 20 minutes and not play any of the tons of great features it offers? Because you would have found things you'd love about it if you played it more. That's why so many people still play it.

There are a lot of games I play with controls and cameras I have to learn to adapt to (looking at you Assassin's Creed series). But if I just gave up on the controls after 20 minutes, I would have missed out on a lot of great gameplay.

• Options
    nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    I loved TS3 but man, I spent half my time re-loading the game after it crashed. (And praying that I had saved sometime recently.) The performance was awful unless I was playing base game only. Back then, that was my main reason for trying out TS4 despite being happy with TS3. And now that I'm used to TS4, it would just be a weird change to go back to the old graphics.

Then again I'm actually happy with TS4 (I just don't buy the packs I don't want) so whatever, I don't want to switch back. :P
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2020
    I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
    I also love the Sims 2 and it's too bad the ultimate collection for Mac only has a few packs...if they did have the complete collection for Mac then I would definitely delete the Sims 4 lmao. The Sims 2 is just so bonkers I can't stay away.
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

It is a pretty shallow reason considering that TS3 has so many great things about it. You only played TS3 for 20 minutes and not play any of the tons of great features it offers? Because you would have found things you'd love about it if you played it more. That's why so many people still play it.

There are a lot of games I play with controls and cameras I have to learn to adapt to (looking at you Assassin's Creed series). But if I just gave up on the controls after 20 minutes, I would have missed out on a lot of great gameplay.

Since I have very little time to play video games, I don't have the ability to play for hours on end to learn the difficult camera controls. I also use video games as a way to get rid stress. If I am frustrated after 20 minutes, the video game is not doing the intended purpose of why I play. While you see that as shallow, I see it as not wasting my time and not creating unnecessary stress.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top