Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please.

username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
This isnt an attack on people who criticize sims 4. I like sims 4, but theres things i dont like too. But the sims 3 still exists. Why arent more people just going back and playing it? Theres tons of cc for it , if you dont like the games furniture/hair/puddingfaces and it has a color wheel. Whats stopping anyone from going back?
Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
Post edited by username3645937 on

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please. 198 votes

I dont go back to TS3 because its dated in some way (explain below)
14%
overonPlayerSinger2010Isb917elanorbretonhaneulMariefoxprice83Wyrrenmock68mlmeadowstaydevphantasmkissAnnLee87AngelEb95luxsylvanadduapinaWulfsimmerSimzilla_7Simmer_chiyenSheriSim57Kirbycat 29 votes
I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
16%
Akl500Pbrackencat31fififoofoo2123Cabelle1863dreamergrl84Colorist40TheSpotted_CSimburianStrangerthansilvercandy79BeardedgeekAquariusMomsmurf45blueDaemonPawscharmed4life4BabykittyjadebixtersToddly13SummerStreakannalephant 33 votes
I dont go back to TS3 because im satisfied with TS4
20%
GalacticGalIcewolfmcruddbabajaynesimgirl1010friendlysimmerscchant86IObelleluthienrisingstilljustme2Simsister2004Alwe1507elelunicyjlapaotexxx78ryttu3kEnkiSchmidtCeridwenFlapSawn 41 votes
I DO play sims 3, when i dont want to play sims 4.
41%
BluegayleCK213Goldmoldarwinkeljohn78Sara1010PIceyJpuffyamiumi22CamkatMLadyAzzeracandystormMontrase102simm621BloosmooDaeneliaZorgaSageRainWillowirishdragon7candy8Paigeisin5freindlylol 82 votes
I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 3 .
6%
Nadja55alejandro15039GabbyGirlJgarapoesMidnightAurabritpopsimsDestin2016ClarionOfJoyVivi_WillowTreePotsaeoliv3HolaheyeSimbastien 13 votes

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Do people ever go back over? I've never heard of anyone selling a PS3 for a PS2, for example.

As soon as TS5 is released, I expect the TS4 boards to suffer a mass exodus.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I like Sims 4, but I want it to address its flaws and become the amazing game that it could be. Sadly, I don't think I will.

I don't like Sims 3's style, and it's clunky in some areas. Plus I'm worried open world will lag on my computer. I respect S3 more than I like it. That said, I have the game and a few EPs, so I might give it another shot.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think because most people's computers can't run it is the reason.

BTW I've been playing TS2 for three weeks straight.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I go to TS2 instead when I don’t want TS4. Was lucky to be around when they were offering the collection for free
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I love S3 and S2 and am able play both series on my current PC setup (well apart from S3 digitally through origin/win10 that's ruined for me now) however to Play 3 I have to shut down win 10 restart and boot into my win 7 S3 disc game and I truly don't mind doing that as I get to play but because I don't allow the internet to touch my win 7 hard drive it frustrates me that i have to keep booting back up into windows 10 to use the internet and it has become tiresome so now when i cannot be bothered with 4 which is quite a lot I play S2 on win 10 so i still have my internet :)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Do people ever go back over? I've never heard of anyone selling a PS3 for a PS2, for example.
    PS3 games can play PS2 games, IIRC. Byt I know that in the Pokemon fandom, many people go back and stay in older generations. That's been me, I stick to gens IV, V and VI.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Agree, some people go on and on about how much better the sims 2 is, why not just play that instead if you prefer it so much?

I don't really get people who clearly hate the Sims 4 yet stick around Sims 4 social platforms. I have my complaints like everyone else but they come from liking the game, other people seem to just hate every aspect of it yet they stick around.

I just don't get it, if you miss the older games just play them, nobody's forcing you to play the newest edition.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2020
    I wasn't happy, so I did just that - went to play Sims 3 instead. And stayed there. They can keep their knitting and Star Wars, I am happy where I am.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2020
    Since the yesterday's annoucement I have been thinking of going back to TS3. The massive lack of family gameplay is what makes me hopeless and kind of anxious in a way.

I love The Sims 4. I love the club system, I love Discover University, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nifty Knitting. I love CAS, I love the search bar, I love that there is no open world.

And that is what is holding me back from going back to TS3. Maybe once I finish my 10 legacies. I don't know. I hate to start from the beginning. I love to "build" something. To have and to hold :D If you know what I mean. I have been working on my legacy for more then a year. I can't just let go. I want to expand it. WITH MORE FAMILY GAMEPLAY! More family GROUP activites :'(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I’d play Sims 3 if, I could play all my expansion and stuff packs and worlds and store content, but sadly I can’t.

I play sims 2 like a boss!
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Two words - the graphics. No offence meant to anyone who plays and loves them, I guess I'm spoiled with ts4's artstyle (I genuinely like it a lot!) but I watch ts3 playthroughs and just think "ewww..."
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I play both... I even play Sims 2 still.

I don't hate Sims 4... in fact, it's actually a favorite of mine. I enjoy it a lot! It actually has quite a few features I personally prefer over past games (like the manage household option, calendar from Season, etc). I might get very passionate when criticizing the game, but that's mostly because I really wanna see it reach its full potential! I just often feel like the developers aren't doing that... and it disappoints me.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    @Onverser

I do like certain elements of S4 or I would never have bought it but I truly feel there is a lot lacking from the gameplay itself especially as a longtime player of the game that is used to having much more. Aside from that while I might complain from time to time if something annoys me personally (as I would on a S3 or S2 thread too) I certainly do not come onto the S4 boards to bad mouth any S4 players or try and rain on any players S4 happiness parade either. I am always pleased when any sims players are happy with their game regardless of what series they are playing but every player has the right to their opinions regardless of the content or whatever boards they are posting on regardless of how others may feel about that.

Live and let play :)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I play both.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I play both, and I have invested a lot of money into both games. I critique Sims 4 because I want it to continue to get better, and I want it to be worth my money. I want Sims 4 to be better than Sims 3, because that's what the next installment of a franchise should be. IMO there's a few things I think were done better, some that were about the same content-wise with just better graphics, and also a lot of things that are worse than Sims 3 (style over substance).

I do like Sims 4, that's why I continue to engage in the community, and I do play this game. Sims 3 is still my favorite, and I play that often as well. But I still want an improved Sims 4 before they move on to Sims 5, because I've spent so much money already. Being a Sims fan is an expensive hobby and I would hate for half the content from Sims 3 to be missing from Sims 4 still when they move on to Sims 5. I want Sims 4 to be worth the money I've already invested in it, and I want to see more DLC that I'm excited to buy in the future.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I could never get into the sims 3. I started with the sims 4, and I tried to play 3 a few times but I don’t like the art style, the camera controls, and various things about the game play.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited August 2020
    TS3 is still the main sims game I play. Haven't really touched ts4 since the gender update was first introduced.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    @Sheepiling

well said :)

@Evie0602

When players start with whatever series of sims at the outset I think that game becomes their game so to speak so it can be difficult to go backwards into other series. I started with 3 so that will always be my game but then started to play 2 and loved that as well. There are aspects of 4 I like but because I have played 2 other series where players seemed to get so much more than what 4 brings to the table sometimes I cannot help but keep comparing between 3 series while logically recognizing they all cannot be the same-) My advice stick with 4 kudos for trying 3 you gave it a go however if there is a 5 and you decide to go with that series I am almost 100% positive you will start your own comparison game between both series at that point :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    I like TS4 best, but I love the sweet faces of the Sims in TS2. TS2 machinimas are the only ones I watch. TS3 just doesn’t appeal to me at this time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Because I play on ps4 and I would need a ps3 to play it (although I saw sims 3 + pets for ps3 in a video game store for £17 and I could get a ps3 for £30 if I am lucky £20)
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I play 2, 3 and 4. Regularly. I think 4 gets the most postings because 4 is still on going and anything that we think needs improving still has a chance of happening.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I mostly play Sims 4 these days, but sometimes it's nice to give Sims 3 a spin, and have my Sims make some real money from painting. xD
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    I think because most people's computers can't run it is the reason.

BTW I've been playing TS2 for three weeks straight.

@KaeChan2089 What do you think sims 3 is missing that makes people even want sims 5?
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I can't vote. I hate the controls of Sims 3. Also, I purchased Sims 4 only once the original first iteration of The Sims would no longer work on Windows 10. So, I played an older game for nearly 15 years.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    None of the choices fit me. I don't play it because while it love it when it works, it's laggy, unstable, and can take 10-20 even 30 minutes to load a world.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top