This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please.

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because im satisfied with TS4
    I thought about going back to Sims 3 last year sometime, but it wasn’t a great experience and I gave up pretty fast.
    1. It ran choppy. It wasn’t that choppy on my old computer, weirdly enough. Then again, we just doubled our RAM to 16GB so maybe I should try it again.
    2. I didn’t like the graphics anymore
    3. It felt overwhelming just to get started again
    4. Went “out” to a bar and only 2 other sims showed up within several hours
    5. I was seeing things I definitely missed (like dragging the sleep interaction to different stopping points) and I was afraid I was just going to remind myself of all the things I missed
    6. It was the perspective I needed to appreciate the Sims 4 more

Sure, I’m satisfied with The Sims 4... but with the past games, I was over the moon happy with the amount of content that each pack added. I’d love to feel that way again. People say it’s not the team’s fault, it’s EA, but EA has been involved since the first release so I don’t think that’s the only explanation. I think it’s a mix of misguided leadership and being built on an engine that can’t sustain the amount of content we had before.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,455 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made and is one of the best-selling games of all time - beating Grand Theft Auto V in revenue. o:)

I also still play the Sims 3 from time to time.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2020
    I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 3 .
    My answer isn’t accurate but the other option isn’t totally me either. (I play The sims 1-3 regularly)
    I play sims 4 maybe once a month?

The reason why many veteran simmers like myself stick around is because we know the franchise can be better. Saying go play the sims 3 I feel is a little unfair and redundant. If everyone went and played the sims 3 the sims 4 would suffer. if people didn’t push hard for certain things we wouldn’t have got toddlers, we wouldn’t have Got the ball pit fixed and a whole host of other things.

Don’t get me wrong I love the sims 3, it runs like a dream for me and ironically runs better than my sims 4 but I can appreciate it’s a different kettle of fish from say the sims 2 and 4 so many people won’t like it.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I play all the games except for 1 because i don't have it, but it is understandable to me why people wouldn't want to go back. The older games have their own share of flaws, they aren't perfect. You got one-world only in ts3 and no aging for unplayed sims in ts2, and many many other things that can decrease your enjoyment depending on how you like to play, what you are looking for, and what flaws you are willing to overlook/put up with. They are also not as advanced in some areas like building and other game mechanics. Even if we are talking about stability, they have issues there too. Although my save in ts2 is going well, i hear the game can easily corrupt, and 3 still lags sometimes on my gaming laptop so i assume it is going to be even worse for others. Plus, the graphics of the previous games can be pretty terrifying to some people lol.

I think ts4 has its own great things going for it, which is why it is perfect for many simmers playstyles, so they just want it to be even better. I dont think telling people to just go play another game is going to lead anywhere, which i am not saying is what you are doing here, but i see others do that sometimes. I didnt vote because i dont feel like any of the options fit me perfectly, which is perfectly fine because you wouldnt be able to fit every situation in that poll. I am not completely happy with ts4 but still think it is pretty good, and i still play it along with older games even though they can also seem lacking to me sometimes in some areas.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
    My thing is I would play Sims 3 more, however my laptop can only run one game smoothly so the process of uninstalling and reinstalling gets tedious, I switched when I got a recent pack and haven't wanted to go through the process again.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
    Ugh, I picked the wrong one! I'm satisfied with Sims 4.

Sims 3 was my Sims 4, lol. There was a lot that I tolerated about that game, and I had to severely modify my playing style just to play it to my satisfaction. Besides the many, many performance issues, there were just a lot of things about it that limited me:

Open world was cool, but there were definitely times when I got the equivalent of a loading screen because it took a while for the "open" world to load. What's the point of building an awesome club or having a band play at a bar if only 2 or 3 other sims are going to be there? Sims all looked cool in CAS, but then in the actual game, they all looked the same or started to look the same after a while and their movements were robotic. I absolutely HATED that my sims couldn't world hop without losing their connections, so I never got to fully experience every aspect of every game. There were certain lifetime wants I couldn't fulfill because I dared to hop from household to household. You had to do certain things for your toddlers, kids and teens in order to pick their traits. Color wheel in CAS was cool but then, blonde sim and redhead sim have dishwater brown haired baby with wonky eye color because what even are genetics lol. And these are just the major grievances I had with Sims 3.

For me, Sims 4 is the superior model in almost every way. I will agree that we could stand a bit more challenge and misfortune befalling our sims every once in a while - more opportunities to lose job or money, more complex relationships (2 sims who fought each other and/or dislike each other feeling tense around one another and needing a bit more effort to repair the relationship, 2 sims who like each other getting a little happiness boost from each other's presence etc). I'll even agree that we could stand a little more game play. I do miss playing pretend and tag, would love more types of parties and the ability to choose what outfit sims wear to them and of course the varied interactions (a lot of Sims 4 interactions are repetitive movements). As long as it doesn't fully interfere with my ability to tell the story I want to tell (like please, no reputation system, no attraction system, no story progression or at least some option to turn these things off/on, no "If you do x, y, z, then you can choose the trait"), I'd welcome it.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 591 Member
    Because I hated sims 3. Never bought a single pack... Sims 2 was the one I loved but was on my stolen laptop.. with so so many cc and beautiful things :'( The police never caught those basterds
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,237 Member
    I DO play sims 3, when i dont want to play sims 4.
    I missed my Werewolves, Fairies, Genies & Cars; that's my reason for going back & forth with
    Sims 3 & 4.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because its dated in some way (explain below)
    I disliked The Sims 3. The open world made me feel like a spectator instead of a player. I could not get immersed into the game because I wanted to go see what they were up to down the street. My mind wondered over to the neighbors or I would follow a horse to see where it went. Not the games fault by the way. Just too much going on.

It took too long to go anywhere. Who wants to follow a horse for days? Apparently I did. I just could not focus. It's the only time so far I did not get all the packs. The store was a money grab. I wanted everything but my pocket book was not big enough. Glad we have stuff packs now. Again, not the games fault. I am expressing my dislikes.

In The Sims 4 I enjoy the smaller neighborhoods and don't mind the loading screens. At least my Sims aren't using energy to travel 6 hours to the store on a bike. I like going to another world to visit and collect. I could not do that in The Sims 3.

I enjoy the Sims 4 but have not fallen "in love" yet. IMO the best thing is build mode!

They need to fix so much. Besides the bugs I have issues with the game. They could address more issues or just come out and say YES or NO instead of all the speculation and waiting. They have a plan by now. It's been 6 years. I understand that the game core limits certain things. I want them to tell us YES or No about the requested items/packs/flaws etc.

The biggest thing for me right now is I want Sims that came with a pack to stay where they came from. I don't want to see Bella Goth in the magic realm. I do not want the people of Sulani invading the gym etc. I hope the Batuuans stay put in Batuu. I think I saw Mortimer Goth at Batuu in the trailer. He don't need to be there because I have already created a story for him and his family. It breaks my immersion into the game.

I don't want Maxis to always write a story for me to play out. I want to enter the game, simulate life and create my own stories. Give me the tools to do this in the game.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I don't play either any more though I would play Sims 3 again if they added more packs to it.
    Sims 3 was far better and more 'grown up' than Sims 4 which is too 'Woke' and PC for me.
    The beginning of the end was when they added the muslim clothes which I found insulting no matter how the mods dressed it up as not religious.
    I didn't buy the knitting pack as I found it unimaginative and boring and now they have announced a Star Wars type pack!!!
    For the love of God, give me strength.
    Every pack Sims 4 has released has been a let down to me.
    The pets pack was limited with only cats and dogs.. No snakes or birds to collect and have as pets.
    The island pack was pretty but with no house boats or undersea adventure to collect things it was boring.
    The witch type pack was ridiculous and obviously aimed at teenage Harry Potter fans (which I have never been) and so I have now given up and no longer play it and Sims 3 needs to be brought back by EA and more packs added.
    I've been playing Sims since the beginning but I feel that my age group no longer matter or are wanted by EA.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,913 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't play The Sims 3 cuz it gives me a migraine.

But I also don't like the direction The Sims 4 is going.
    My Top Song of the Day: Still Fly by The Devil Wears Prada
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I installed the Sims 3 earlier today. I can't deal with the camera at all but I'm hoping I can get used to it. :D

I've installed Sims 3 because I don't like the direction Sims 4 is going, the developers just do not listen or care what people want in the game for improvements. They don't even care to fix bugs in a timely manner and it's honestly just disgusting. I'm planning on seeing if I can enjoy the Sims 3 now that I have a computer that can run it with all the graphics set on the highest settings.

I'm satisfied with the Sims 4 as long as I have my mods. Without mods I think it would actually be unbearable to play. I shouldn't have to rely on mods in order to find the game enjoyable and I definitely shouldn't have to rely on mods to fix bugs that the development team leave ignored and unfixed for such long periods of time. Shame on EA for this poor poor service.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    @Sharonia what are your favorite Sims 4 mods that make the game more fun?

I had a dream about Sims 3 last night . It was awesome! Im gonna play it ! :) I think i will go ahead and buy the remainder of the sims 3 packs i dont have...tonight <3 Sims 4's development right now is becoming unbearable. Wheres the freed babies? Attraction system? Slow dancing? Deeper gameplay for children? Why dont we have treehouses for them like in Sims 3?
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    I need a I play all for games option. Thing is they do and they play the Sims 2 as well. It is as silly as forcing people to follow game changers as it is to tell people to play games they are already playing. Seems like a waste of time to get upset at people for doing exactly what you tell them to. They aren't Sims they are human beings that have to break it to you are often imperfect. Forcing an oxymoron perfection upon anyone isn't healthy. All we can do is do the best we can and learn from the mistakes our forefathers have made. People do fail and if someone is truly toxic forum mods have provided tools for that. The control is in your hands of how censored you want your experience on forums to be or not. Enjoy the game, don't let the influence of others dictate your experience whether you want to spoil or kill your Sims. Why I had to change my quote too. I have been gas lighted enough to not give into the life style and unoriginal thinking of others. I like how I was raised.I

I prefer Sims 1 and 2 back when games were games and when Simmers actually wanted the games to improve and grow up instead of getting dumbed down to Fortnite maturity level.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    My answer isn’t accurate but the other option isn’t totally me either. (I play The sims 1-3 regularly)
    I play sims 4 maybe once a month?

The reason why many veteran simmers like myself stick around is because we know the franchise can be better. Saying go play the sims 3 I feel is a little unfair and redundant. If everyone went and played the sims 3 the sims 4 would suffer. if people didn’t push hard for certain things we wouldn’t have got toddlers, we wouldn’t have Got the ball pit fixed and a whole host of other things.

Don’t get me wrong I love the sims 3, it runs like a dream for me and ironically runs better than my sims 4 but I can appreciate it’s a different kettle of fish from say the sims 2 and 4 so many people won’t like it.

I think we all can agree that TS4 could be better but it's been 6 years so are you still expecting changes in TS4 or advocating for Sims 5?
  • Options
    @Sharonia what are your favorite Sims 4 mods that make the game more fun?

I had a dream about Sims 3 last night . It was awesome! Im gonna play it ! :) I think i will go ahead and buy the remainder of the sims 3 packs i dont have...tonight <3 Sims 4's development right now is becoming unbearable. Wheres the freed babies? Attraction system? Slow dancing? Deeper gameplay for children? Why dont we have treehouses for them like in Sims 3?

My favourite mods that I've had in game for a while now are...

Slice of life - It adds a lot of cute little details to the sims.
    18+ mod that we can't talk about here - I use it just for the attraction system and have all the naughty stuff turned off cause eww.
    NPC Control mod is a must for me - It stops all those obnoxious random townies spawning in my game by the dozens.
    Personality Please - Improves autonomy.
    MCCC command center - It has so many options for tweaking the game more to my liking.
    Meaningful Stories - Makes emotions more realistic.
    Improved Relationships Cheating - Makes it so sims actually react to seeing their partner cheating on them.

Those are just all my main ones. I have lots more just to fix bugs and annoyances.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I never liked TS3 much. It was the game that drove me away from the Sims franchise for years.
    It did for me too. I tried escaping the Sims for good but ended up running into a Maxoid thanks to my brother introducing me to Gaiaonline. It wasn't until Island Paradise came out I got into the iteration. I kept playing Sims 1 and 2 and still do.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    edited August 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    I need a I play all for games option. Thing is they do and they play the Sims 2 as well. It is as silly as forcing people to follow game changers as it is to tell people to play games they are already playing. Seems like a waste of time to get upset at people for doing exactly what you tell them to. They aren't Sims they are human beings that have to break it to you are often imperfect. Forcing an oxymoron perfection upon anyone isn't healthy. All we can do is do the best we can and learn from the mistakes our forefathers have made. People do fail and if someone is truly toxic forum mods have provided tools for that. The control is in your hands of how censored you want your experience on forums to be or not. Enjoy the game, don't let the influence of others dictate your experience whether you want to spoil or kill your Sims. Why I had to change my quote too. I have been gas lighted enough to not give into the life style and unoriginal thinking of others. I like how I was raised.I

I prefer Sims 1 and 2 back when games were games and when Simmers actually wanted the games to improve and grow up instead of getting dumbed down to Fortnite maturity level.

Im not actually sure what youre ranting about :| I asked because im genuinely curious why more people dont just take a break from sims 4 and play sims 3. It has a lot of advantages over sims 4. So try to calm down, take a breath, no one is doing anything you are accusing them of @Scobre
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    I was hooked on The Sims when I bought my first Sims1 EP. I played the heck out of it and bought every pack without a second thought, or regret. It was new and fun, and different from any other game on the market. It had it's shortcomings, but I didn't notice that because there was nothing else like it to compare it to. Until Sims2 came along with the ability to have generations of Sims all living in one town. The game play features that were introduced in Sims2 were amazing. Maxis then took what it had learned while creating Sims2 and the associated packs for it, and created Sims3 with the open world and the color wheel, but in the process Sims3 lost some of what was special about Sims2. Building became more challenging and there were routing issues because of the open world. Sims3 needed many mods and adjustments just to be able to play it. And CC so our Sims didn't all look the same. Then along came Sims4. We assumed there would be an open world, a color wheel and everything that had made Sims3 innovative would be in Sims4 but better. And what we actually got was a very sparse and disappointing base game. I bought the base game, played it for about an hour then went back to Sims3 for sixteen months, waiting for packs that made Sims4 more interesting to play.

We are able to make comparisons between each iteration because this game has been around for twenty years. I can't argue the point that Sims4 is gorgeous. Pretty Sims and worlds, great new assets in CAS and B/B. But the actual mechanics of the game are not the best. I had hoped to see better as Sims4 is the fourth installment in the franchise, but there is a heavy emphasis on the visual aspects of the game, rather than what we can actually do with our Sims. I think that's the reason why some of us go back and forth between Sims4 and past iterations. And since Sims4 will be six years old in a few days, there should be more to the game than there is now as far as innovative gameplay goes. We have choices in which Sims game to play any time we want something different for a little while. That isn't a bad thing. My computer room is a bit obnoxious at the moment because I have three desktops and two laptops set up so I can choose between a variety of games at a moment's notice. I like having the freedom of not being locked into playing just one iteration of the Sims. But that doesn't stop me from wishing Sims4 will get better and I won't feel the need to revisit Sims2 and 3 just so I can play a more complex version of the game. And if Sims4 were more complex and fun to play, I wouldn't need all the gameplay mods I have now.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I posted here and then I fired up my old computer and played The Sims 3. I played less then an hour and it crashed. Now I remember the curse! I will play the Sims 4 with bugs and Star Wars before trying The Sims 3 again.
  • Options
    I never liked TS3 much. It was the game that drove me away from the Sims franchise for years.
    It did for me too. I tried escaping the Sims for good but ended up running into a Maxoid thanks to my brother introducing me to Gaiaonline. It wasn't until Island Paradise came out I got into the iteration. I kept playing Sims 1 and 2 and still do.

I loved the Sims 2 but thinking about going back to it now just... I can't do it. It's just so very dated. I'm even struggling with the Sims 3. In honesty I doubt I'll play it, I do still love TS4. I made a sim in TS3 earlier saw how awful the camera was and with the lack of multitasking sims as well. I just don't think there is any going back. EA won't get another penny from me though while they insist of being ignorant to their community and the multitude of issues that TS4 has currently. I am so very disappointed in their service as of late. :/
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I would love to be able to play Sims 4, because it loads and runs better, but every time I try I end up beyond frustrated and sometimes even venting here on the forums. I want it to be a good thing, but it never really ends up that way.

Sims 2 doesn't run in -windowed mode on my card for some reason, and I multitask too much to be stuck in full screen all the time, when it takes so long each time you alt+tab back and forth. So even though I enjoy the game enough to play it sometimes, I've been avoiding it a lot because of that. And lack of open world can end up feeling restricting at times for certain things I find myself wanting to do.

Sims 3 is my personal favorite, and while it it not without its share of annoying little things, there is enough great gameplay that it is a tradeoff that I can handle. The characters have a lot of personality, and no matter what kind of gameplay I find myself in the mood for, I can usually find it there.

I have several saves going in Sims 3 since the last time I wiped my computer. I'm playing one of them right now as I type.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Im not actually sure what youre ranting about :| I asked because im genuinely curious why more people dont just take a break from sims 4 and play sims 3. It has a lot of advantages over sims 3. So try to calm down, take a breath, no one is doing anything you are accusing them of @Scobre
    Just enjoy the game don't let others influence you in either extreme that is all. I do love when I type a lot and being accused of ranting. Makes me giggle breaking the Twitter word limit on forums. But that reaction does show how new games have been dumbed down and why some keep playing the original games instead of Sims 3 or 4. I would have liked to have seen neither option or all Sims games options in the poll. Also good to be curious. If I could combine my favorite of all four games into a game I would. Sims 4 I like Gallery, Sims 3 I like CAS and building, Sims 2 I liked gameplay, Sims 1 had the best group activities and NPCs and humor and parties. Other Simmers have preferences too. My opinion being a playtester or a someone else being a Game Changer shouldn't influence those preferences. Be happy and safe. I am a bit of a Star Wars nerd too.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 3 .
    I think because most people's computers can't run it is the reason.

BTW I've been playing TS2 for three weeks straight.

@KaeChan2089 What do you think sims 3 is missing that makes people even want sims 5?

I know you didn't ask me, but I would like The Sims 3 to be more optimized and scalable, converted to 64-bit, update its config files to recognize the newest graphics cards and cpus so that we won't have to do this manually, and be able to use more than 3-4gb RAM. To me, that is what is missing. I don't know if the devs will ever consider a remake of this however.

Someday, maybe in 10 years or so, the new versions of the main OSs won't be able to play this game. This is why I want a The Sims 5 that progresses from TS3, so I can keep playing The Sims. This is why I was so upset about TS4 because it pretty much went backward, with very little forward progress.

• Options

I loved the Sims 2 but thinking about going back to it now just... I can't do it. It's just so very dated. I'm even struggling with the Sims 3. In honesty I doubt I'll play it, I do still love TS4. I made a sim in TS3 earlier saw how awful the camera was and with the lack of multitasking sims as well. I just don't think there is any going back. EA won't get another penny from me though while they insist of being ignorant to their community and the multitude of issues that TS4 has currently. I am so very disappointed in their service as of late. :/
    It is ok to be. Glad that the simulation genre is finally getting competition too. I never did like monopolies. Paralives looks like it will be fun. I still will play the Sims but love having options too.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top