This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please.

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I see a lot of people saying sims 3 wont run for them. But the best graphics card ive ever had (so far) is a GTX 1060 [totally midrange] . And ive always been able to run sims 3 on highest settings . With minimal to no lag. Mysterious. I also game on laptops @mboglesby

I tried playing it and the camera controls are terrible. Maybe it is just my preferences. I bought Sims 3 in 2019 and found it to be a waste of money. So maybe there are problems other than the game not running smoothly.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited August 2020
    I generally like ts4 and do play it.

I wouldn't go back to ts3 though, because I never liked it.
    I did go back to playing ts2 back in 2010 when I realised ts3 was just never gonna be my kind of game. I played it until I got ts4 in 2014.
    At this point though, should I get fed up with ts4, I couldn't go back to ts2 as I don't have the digital version (I always skipped online registration until it became mandatory with ts4) and the disc version doesn't work very well with windows 10, if at all.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    I plan to play TS3 today at my usual playing time instead of TS4. Even though I'm struggling hard with the TS3 camera controls. I'm so used to TS4 camera. :D

I'm excited to see about the randomness of it all that people say is missing in TS4 and test the personalities. The weird thing is and I never ever thought I would say this but TS3 with all the graphic setting on highest is actually more visually pretty than TS4 is, I always hated back in the day when I had to have them set kinda low for my PC. It's a very different visual style though which takes some getting used to. I kinda love that the sims don't all look like super models or miss-proportioned thick people with tiny heads. :D
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I DO play sims 3, when i dont want to play sims 4.
    I love Sims 3, and I constantly try to play it. But it lags so much that I have to play my whole real life week to progress a whole simweek.
  • Options
    EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
    Sims 3 had some nice things about it, but there are too many bugs. I had one where the kids clothing for Joy Riding was nude colored and couldnt fix that in any way short of entirely scratching a long legacy family series had been doing ended up being the final straw. The lack of Life to places, here is this huge city and you see a few Sims walking about or at a Festival.. places feel more alive in Ts4. I do miss the color wheel, spiral staircases, cars and traveling to Egypt but Ts4 has plenty of pluses that Ts3 didnt have that make up for it at this point.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because im satisfied with TS4
    I don't go back to Sims3 because I always had a love/hate relationship with it. The only thing that kept me glued to it was the singer career. Now that I have mods and we got GF, I'm not ever going back to Sims3. (In fact I recently uninstalled it.) I know many don't want to read this, but Sims3, for all of the good points was basically a hot mess. I had to use 20+ mods just to stabilize the game — and I played on a gaming rig! Yes, there were things I loved about that game but there were even more things I hated about it. Since the Sims, themselves, are better designed in Sims4 (and I'm not talking strictly about ascetics, but rather how they behave) I feel as if I finally have a proper sequel to Sims2.
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    well, i actually *can’t* play the Sims 3 because they haven’t released a 64-bit version of it, albeit they say it’s “in process.” also i don’t want to do bootcamp on my Mac just to run Sims 3, so i’ll begrudgingly deal with the issues of the Sims 4 until then! :-)
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because its dated in some way (explain below)
    [quote="NorthDakotaGamer;c-17634133"][quote="username3645937;c-17633795"]I see a lot of people saying sims 3 wont run for them. But the best graphics card ive ever had (so far) is a GTX 1060 [totally midrange] . And ive always been able to run sims 3 on highest settings . With minimal to no lag. Mysterious. I also game on laptops @mboglesby [/quote]

My computer could handle it however that haven’t yet release a 64bit game, my laptop no longer supports 32bit games :/ I know I could boot camp it but I honestly don’t want to do that to my computer.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I was going back to play Sims 3 just recently then I found out you can no longer play on a Mac. I still like it better then Sims 4 not that I don't like sims 4, but Sims 4 just doesn't have the same game play that Sims 3 had.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    @mboglesby aww, what does that mean ? what will happen if someone plays on 64 bit? because thats what i recently ran sims 3 on and it was fine. i also just bought an expansion last night, for sims 3 . I have all of them, except ambitions, late night, world adventures , uni& into the future :/
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited August 2020
    I understand your point when there is game-play available on previous games and people had a choice to play the previous games with the features they wanted.

But since The Sims 4 is suppose to be a "successor" of the The Sims 3 and I believe a "sucessor" of a game should at least have majority of the game-play from previous games. There was really no reason to remove ALOT of features that were in The Sims 3 but not The Sims 4. (Comparing base games only so we will ignore the pets/seasons/university DLCS)

Yes The Sims 3 removed some features that were in The Sims 2 but it wasn't excessive as The Sims 4.

This is just my opinion, I don't speak for anyone else but I feel like we should point out to EA that they are slowly killing the sims franchise like the simcity but not putting much depth in game. Not the Gurus, it's EA.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member
    I would play Sims 2 more than Sims 3, but Sims 2 crashes often, many times after hours of progress, so it just gets frustrating to play 2. Sims 4 is my preferred game, main reason because I do appreciate the features 4 has over 3, but when I'm feeling like a crazy girl dot com I play Sims 3 for all its chaos.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    There are actually many things I do like about Sims 4 vs Sims 3, and then reverse that order and same answer. I loved the color wheel in Sims 3, but I prefer the graphics of Sims 4. I love how Vampires are still able to get maids without quitting on them afraid they'll be bitten in Sims 4 unlike in Sims 3 where most Sims ( even other vampires) didnt like Vampires.

There are some changes to gameplay I like better in each, I would have too long of a post to go thru them all comparing the 2. I actually did not know you could use any CC in Sims 3 and it still work. My husband had looked up info years back and told me he did not know if the game would still work, and only last year I found thru these forums info on NRAAS for Sims 3, and other helpful info.

I actually would love to be able to play both, when I want to. They do each have issues of their own, like the annoying mailbox bug in Sims 3 ( I learned how to replace it, unless I wait too long and end up with permanent bills in her bag) and somehow I still haven't been able to get Isla Paradiso to work even with help, but I just am not good with technology. Took way too much help on here when I was first learning how to share screenshots.

So many folks here were so helpful in that. In Sims 4 my main issue is bugs, even ones that have been around for such a long time, and ones like watching movies they just fixed but are now not working for me again. If the bugs were fixed it would help, but more gameplay options are still needed.

I guess what I am trying to say, is for myself, I do still enjoy Sims 4, when its working for me ( and even disabling Eco Living did not help everything but that's bc its not responsible for all bugs) can ve fun and interesting, and so can Sims 3. I am not ever trying to just knock any of the Sims, I know thst personally, many of my words, especially in writing like here, often come out more harsh than I would ever intend. I just get upset with technology too easily so my frustration is usually at that in general.

Not sure if that was all worded right, sorry for such long answer lol. Im not so good at shortening things most often. I can say tho, that regardless of which series of Sims it is, I have learned a lot thanks to so many here, and thanks for showing more often than not that we can debate difference of opinions and still be cool to each other ( I know it doesn't always go that way but does more than not)
  • Options
    simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    The sims themselves in ts3 are just so ugly lol I can’t bring myself to play it. Maybe ts1 or 2 I’d go back and play
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    @mboglesby aww, what does that mean ? what will happen if someone plays on 64 bit? because thats what i recently ran sims 3 on and it was fine. i also just bought an expansion last night, for sims 3 . I have all of them, except ambitions, late night, world adventures , uni& into the future :/

EA has *not* released a 64-bit version for some users (such as those who have Macs). you literally cannot play 32-bit games if you’re a mac user and has a newer OS. that’s why they mentioned bootcamp - which is a go-around if you want to play 32 bit games but it isn’t worth it. but hopefully before the end of the year it’ll be released to us as 64-bit!
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 43 Member
    I've not actually played TS3, i played TS2 then forgot about the whole franchise, bought TS4 when cats and dogs launched and now here i am, stuck in sunk cost fallacy heck. I do have TS3 after a sibling but actually installing and playing it intimidates me because of the horror stories about how it runs, the rather unfortunate faces, the inability to move/copy rooms in buildmode, and no gallery to easily backup my builds
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The sims themselves in ts3 are just so ugly lol I can’t bring myself to play it. Maybe ts1 or 2 I’d go back and play

....Im gonna update my comment to say that, i take back what i said about them looking nicer than sims 4, but id say its equal with cc :D Sims 2 sims actually look much worse. Even with cc :D@simlicious2015
    Post edited by username3645937 on

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Duskregn wrote: »
    I've not actually played TS3, i played TS2 then forgot about the whole franchise, bought TS4 when cats and dogs launched and now here i am, stuck in sunk cost fallacy heck. I do have TS3 after a sibling but actually installing and playing it intimidates me because of the horror stories about how it runs, the rather unfortunate faces, the inability to move/copy rooms in buildmode, and no gallery to easily backup my builds

I'll share some pics of sims i make in sims 3, with cc , to show how nice they can actually be :) It just takes effort @Duskregn

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 957 Member
    I never played TS3 on PC and I won't play it because I don't like the graphics. Of course there are things to improve in TS4, but it is still my favourite sims game to play at the moment.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    Thanks to my friend, my Ts2UC works like a charm in my current computer (needed a lot of tweeking), with the mods/cc I love, so I play both :)

Sims3 I have never played and never will play, even when I know, my computer is good enough and more, for it :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    The sims 3 is way too laggy and glitchy, and I also ain't that fond of the story progression. I like to play with a lot of different families and I don't want things to happen with them when I'm not controlling them.
    I sometimes play the sims 2 though.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    None of the choices fit me. I don't play it because while it love it when it works, it's laggy, unstable, and can take 10-20 even 30 minutes to load a world.

Same here. I love Sims 3 but my computer doesn't. My load times aren't as bad as this but the lag drives me so crazy I just close it out. Maybe one day I will have a PC that can handle it. Until then its TS4. Although, I do have the Sims and Sims 2 so I can always fire those up when I'm feeling truly nostalgic.

Besides Sims 4 isn't that bad. Yes there are some misses on content playability, but if there's something I don't want I just don't get it. I still don't own Fitness Stuff. You make a fitness pack with the only addition being a giant rock wall. Where's the stationary bike, pull up bar, other pieces of workout equipment the game has had in the past. O well didn't get it so moving onward. I don't have My First Pet Stuff. Like seriously this couldn't have been added in Cats and Dogs we really need a stuff pack for pet clothes. I mean the hamsters cool but where's the snakes, turtles, birds... So I didn't get it maybe better luck next pack. I don't have Eco Living. While I do really want nectar making in my game the other stuff doesn't appeal to me. I get it, its the time's we live in Enviro friendly and all, awesome. Glad some people enjoy it and got what they wanted. I'm not paying 40 bucks just so I can have nectar making back in my game. O well my game will be alright without it.

Maybe one day there will be a farming pack and horses will be brought back and you can go to an actual farmer's market to sale or buy your produce, or even Generations that will include some much needed activities for my child and teen sims. Perhaps a good Hobby pack will arise and my sims can actually throw a ball to each other. Maybe an awesome destination with hotels and buyable vacation lots with some Lucky Simoleons or something new like amusement park fun like Sims 1 Magic Town. How about cars with a new mechanics career where you can have your own garage and fix up awesome cars or become a race car driver. Then there's a entertainment pack maybe bring back the modeling, radio/singer, band, dancer, acrobat, magician careers those were fun. Also those fun festivals where you could bob for apples, go through a haunted house, ask the love machine how compatible your relationship is, have some cotton candy or pop corn, redeem festival tickets for prizes, get your fortune told, gaze into a crystal ball, Can't forget those underwater lots and houseboats that was pretty awesome and travewling into the future with those hover boards, Man I love Back to the Future themed stuff... Oh the possibilities this game can have if those things were added BACK into the game. And yes I say Back into the game because these are things the Sims games have had previously that Sims 4 has yet to have.

Personally I look forward to seeing the Star Wars pack. Yes it is different and that is good. I'm not giving up on Sims 4 because they yet to have these things, the game is still fun to me. Obviously I miss some stuff but if these things don't get added its OK, I had a good run and hope that the next generation of the Sims is better.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited August 2020
    I rotate between Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4. At this point, I only play Sims 4 for my YouTube channel since it’s the most popular game of the franchise.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I lasted a whole 20 minutes of TS3 game play tonight before I gave up and was back on the Sims 4. The sims move around so slow and stiff and I was just not feeling it. It has some really nice features though. I was quite enjoying the colour wheel in cas which is weird cause I never liked it back in the day. The sims also kind of all look the same or very similar at least in their facial features which I wasn't so fond of.

I guess it's back to endlessly waiting for improvements in TS4. I'm no longer going to support TS4 with my money until I see that the developers are listening and actively doing something towards improving the game from now on. As long as they keep churning out pointless gimmick packs such as we've had this year then I'll just stick save my money and with what I already have.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    I do play Sims 3 more as Sims 4 is just does not do it for me as the packs are gimped and the creativity is not as robust as Sims 3. I am very fortunate that I can still play Sims 3 for if I couldn't Sims 4 would be deleted from my systems.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top