Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please.

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because its dated in some way (explain below)
    It's UGLY. I can't stand the pudding faces.

It has some cool packs but I cannot get over how horrible everything looks.
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    None of the choices fit me. I don't play it because while it love it when it works, it's laggy, unstable, and can take 10-20 even 30 minutes to load a world.

so you play it. it lags, but you play it.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I think this question assumes that we've all played TS3---TS4 is the only Sims experience I've ever had, I don't know anything about the others
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 3 .
    I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 2*
    But I can still give my opinion.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    It's UGLY. I can't stand the pudding faces.

It has some cool packs but I cannot get over how horrible everything looks.

CC fixes that. With cc they look amazing :)
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    garapoes wrote: »
    I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 2*
    But I can still give my opinion.

So many details on sims 2 <3 everyone should search that YouTube video “50 fun details not in sims 3 & 4”. So they can see what sims 4 is lacking in gameplay
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited August 2020
    None of the choices fit me. I don't play it because while it love it when it works, it's laggy, unstable, and can take 10-20 even 30 minutes to load a world.

so you play it. it lags, but you play it.

This is...why? I stopped playing TS3 before it officially ended because it was cumbersome to play from a technical standpoint. It’s the same reason I wouldn’t drive a car that needs lot of service done to it when I have a car that runs better. Maybe YOU would be okay with playing a laggy mess, but if I’m playing a game for entertainment, I’m not gonna spend my playing time frustrated because the game doesn’t work well. I’m just gonna play something that doesn’t cause me frustration stemming from simply trying to run the game.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    option not on the list:

I don't like ts3 and i much prefer ts4 to that despite ts3 having "more things" or whatever its just my humble opinion that I don't like to play ts3

I could go back and play ts2 or 1
    and i would gladly do that absolutely
    right now please let me

but again
    1. I don't have all the packs cause I never had them or ive lost some of them and I have nowhere to buy them anymore

(cause they have not listed them on origin or anything which is mean)

2. ts1 and 2 sometimes have issues running on new computers which is just sad in general

3. I'd still miss many things from ts4 too so eventually id just load it back for building needs or vampires or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I DO play sims 3, when i dont want to play sims 4.
    @username3645937

The sims eco living pack destroyed my 4 game with the sheer amount of bugs so I don't think a little lag (due the sheer amount of content the game has) is too much to put up with in S3 by comparison. I don't suffer lag but I have spent a lot of money on my PC set up but that was my choice. Sometimes players have to realize it's not the game at fault but their PC specs as well which are not good enough to accomodate the game they want to play so they need to either downgrade expectations or purchase a better system but not to expect a company to specifically downgrade a whole game just to accommodate their PC needs like they appear to have done with 4.

Every series of the game has bugs/issues I remember when I started to play 2 I had no idea I could practically blow up my game game for doing something wrong with an urn lol

Also with S2 I always thought that those standalone S2 games they brought out separately for lower spec players were a really good idea so players that had a good enough system could play sims 2 but those players that did not still had gameplay alternatives and I wish they would do that today so every player can play the game to their PC limitations.

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
    I’m not a fan of TS3’s art style, nor am I a fan of having to download copious amounts of CC whose net effect is to turn the game into an uncanny valley simulator.

But mainly it comes down to certain improvements and innovations - especially in CAS but also in build mode, that keep me away from TS3. In these respects it truly feels like going backwards.

I also don’t relish fighting with the game’s stability/performance or dumping more money into a mountain of DLC.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Because the sims3 runs like crap on my computer.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I just returned to TS3 after more than a year and I love it. It's incredible how satisfying this game is. I can play vanilla with all packs on a new middle class PC without problems.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I play them all as time allows.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because im satisfied with TS4
    I would probably play the older sims games more, if i didn’t have to install a ton of mods just to get it running semi decently and without corruption. I’m too lazy to do that :P and I’m very happy with TS4 anyways, so i rarely miss playing the older games (though it’s fun to do sometimes because of the nostalgia)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

I second this reasoning!

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I never liked TS3 much. It was the game that drove me away from the Sims franchise for years.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2020
    I dont go back to TS3 because its dated in some way (explain below)
    It is not optimized to use the hardware of PCs made today, even mid-end models.

I like TS3 better than TS4. BUT, I play TS4 better as it is more stable. Partly due to the fact most of my PCs are older mid-end consumer models with integrated graphics, they don't run TS3 well. Takes forever to load, laggy, and tends to exit on its own a lot. I can not use more than two packs at once; when I bought most of them during a Steam sale in which they were all like five bucks each.

I"m buying a new PC, and it will be a gaming PC with decent RAM, processor, HD/SSD, and graphics card. I'm looking at at least 16GB RAM, i7 (or AMD equivalent; which interests me more). Anyone know what, for most games these days, should be my minimum choice in GPU?
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • Emerald811Emerald811 Posts: 16 Member
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > I just returned to TS3 after more than a year and I love it. It's incredible how satisfying this game is. I can play vanilla with all packs on a new middle class PC without problems.

Sorta same here. The game's laggy on my laptop but it's still playable. Outside the pudding faces (I need to find a good mod for that x.x) I've had more fun in the few days playing Sims 3 than I did after weeks/months of Sims 4.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I prefer sims 4 as it's more up to date and I do enjoy the packs but yikes....this star wars stuff...no bueno
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would just play TS3, except the game freezes and then crashes every time I go into build/buy mode. Unfortunately, my copy of TS2 has also started to crash whenever I play it. And since TS4 is currently a buggy mess, that leaves me Sims-less. :'(

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    None of the choices really apply to me. In a nutshell I wasn’t happy playing Sims 3 either because of the following...

I play rotationally and it is a pain trying to get it to work and NRAAS mod is daunting to me now because I have been away from it for so long.

I hate being stuck in one world. This bugs me the most. I know there was some travel mods out there but they didn’t work well for me when I tried. The seasons would keep resetting and it bugged me.

These two things are my entire playstyle otherwise I would be playing Sims 3 because it was far more superior.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I dont play it because I dont own it.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I can/will never go back to The Sims 3: The doll faces, the larvae babies, the rabbit holes, the ugly maternity clothes. The very bad working mermaids, and the fact that sims can't move around to a different neighborhood without loosing their relations and family bonds.
    That's part of what makes the Sims 4 very much better in my opinion.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @username3645937

You assume everyone played/owned sims 3 before buying sims 4. That is a mistake. I bought sims 3 to try only in December of 2019. After 20 minutes, I stopped because I hated the camera controls. I personally would love to try Sims 2, but can not find it anywhere.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2020
    My situation is not up here, but there is not enough room on my laptop for both Sims 3 and 4. I played Sims 3 on a ridiculously old desktop now. All my data is gone, and Origin doesn't recognize that I had all the expansions on disks (though it knows I had the base on disks) for me to redownload it all anyway without searching for some of the lost disks (I have moved and gone through plenty of things since the original release of 3).

I have the same problem with 2, by the way. I missed the Sims 2 giveaway because I hadn't heard about it until it ended. I have everything on disks, but installing all that on a laptop with 4 already on it is fairly infeasible. I do have Sims 1 the complete collection on it, though. I love it, but the franchise has changed a lot and I miss some things from 2 and 3.

Now, to be fair, I like some things about 4. Number one being the graphics (3 had the worst graphics). I also like CAS/CAP and BB (though I would have appreciated the color wheel, I only sometimes used it). Toddlers are also better than any other iteration in my opinion. Same with vampires. I also have really come to enjoy the concept of voidcritters.

However, it stops here for me. My favorite things in other iterations (Pets in 1, 2, and 3; witches/magic in 1, 2 and 3, personsonalities/traits in 2 but more so three) feel woefully underserved in 4, and it hurts the game for me. I have made various posts on these individual topics, but the short of it is that they feel too shallow to allow for unique Sims and pets and have odd restrictions. As much as I like some of the aspects of 4 (and I do!), the Sims themselves feel fatally flawed in a way that they have not before (for me) and it is not as simple as returning to an old game that had some unique aspects.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top