Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2020
    Damiensmom wrote: »
    This is a joke! I'm not even a fan of Star Wars so I most likely won't buy this , it's honestly upsetting because if your going to put something out there at least let it be something everyone can enjoy. If it had been a future pack I would have bought it , but it's a Star Wars story dlc. I don't like the story like DLC's like strangerville, I feel like I'm being forced to play the game your way and have less free will. It's sad because I got the Strangerville game and attempted to play it once but I immediately hated it. If you were going to give us anything at least give us stuff we can use to create our own story's with not a story that is already preset.

Try ordering a pizza for 6 people. There are going to be some that want the same things on it, there are some that are going to want the majority of the same thing, there are those that are going to want one or two things and there are some that are going to turn their nose up at all of it. Now with a playerbase as vast and varied as the Sims ? Yeah.... you tell me what exactly they want. You might get something that has the majority supporting it but that's all it will ever be. The minority will be on the forums saying how terrible it all is! LOL
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I love Strangerville and JA so this pack is for me, a farming pack or stuff like bunk beds, is not high on my priority list. But I would not complain if it came out. Sims 4 has to cater to a lot of different players so I hope even in the future there will be a big diversity in games.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I love the cute little bots from DU. Has anyone read if droids do anything? Maybe they function like familiars.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I love the cute little bots from DU. Has anyone read if droids do anything? Maybe they function like familiars.

My guess is that they are there to help you when searching for items during gameplay. Like unlocking doors, zapping troopers, etc. When back on Earth, they revert to remote control toys.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I love Star Wars, but not like this. This may be the first pack I don't buy for Sims. I even bought all the supernatural packs but don't play the occult beings. But this. Hard pass.
  • Options
    FantasyRockGirlFantasyRockGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I was a die hard star wars fan until Disney got a hold of it, and I was a die hard Sims fan before Sims 4 came out. I am usually a "completionist" as I have been called. I bought the Sims 4 base game when it was released (I loved the CAS demo they released before the game) and was so disappointed and bored that it was 4 years before I even opened it again. The few packs I have bought are for my nieces and nephews who played it a whole lot more then me. I will not be buying this ridiculous pack or any other packs. When/if Sims 5 comes out I may reconsider getting back into the game; if I feel the base game was worth my cash.
  • Options
    KimbacupcakeKimbacupcake Posts: 6 New Member
    I am not sure if EA was contractually obligated etc to satisfy some requirement and dumped it on the sims. Or the devs thought it would be a well received pack. Regardless, the detail put into this pack is amazing. Now that we know what you can do when “obligated” by whatever means; I hope the caliber of anything put out in the future matches or exceed this quality.

Not everyone likes Star Wars and that’s ok. I don’t like Star Wars. Just not one of my space movies, now give me space balls lol. Just like horror, we all like different horror franchise. I hate Jason and Michael Meyers but love Freddy. We all have different tastes so it’s ok if you don’t want this pack. What is not ok is if the next release of whatever isn’t produced with the same detail or with something a large part of the community is asking for.
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    Haven't been on in awhile so is this a vacation world pack? I think I'd like it as a vacation world but not having all the Star Wars stuff in my gaming worlds.
  • Options
    jujee55 wrote: »
    Haven't been on in awhile so is this a vacation world pack? I think I'd like it as a vacation world but not having all the Star Wars stuff in my gaming worlds.

It's a destination world like Selvadorada. You can go there and visit while tackling the quests.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I'll stick to Star Wars the Old Republic, thank you.

I'm so tired of those destinations that barely add any gameplay to my Sims' every day life...
  • Options
    I just watched a short video of a look around Batuu at Disney World. The place looks good and is probably a lot of fun. I know that there is no way to get a full sized R unit, but an R2-D2 made of plastic only 15"(+/-) tall seems too much like a toy. I don't know the cost, but according to the reporter, a lightsaber you make yourself costs $200 bucks.

They showed the reporter on the Millennium Falcon ride(?). There are six people in a box, two pilots with two gunners behind them and two engineers behind them. They all push buttons and pull levers as the action appears on the screen seen through the Falcons windshield. Not sure how much all the pushing and pulling actually affects the outcome, but at least in our game, what we do won't make a difference either. :D
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I just watched a short video of a look around Batuu at Disney World. The place looks good and is probably a lot of fun. I know that there is no way to get a full sized R unit, but an R2-D2 made of plastic only 15"(+/-) tall seems too much like a toy. I don't know the cost, but according to the reporter, a lightsaber you make yourself costs $200 bucks.

They showed the reporter on the Millennium Falcon ride(?). There are six people in a box, two pilots with two gunners behind them and two engineers behind them. They all push buttons and pull levers as the action appears on the screen seen through the Falcons windshield. Not sure how much all the pushing and pulling actually affects the outcome, but at least in our game, what we do won't make a difference either. :D

Droids are $99, I think? The lightsabers aren't too bad a price, given that Ultrasabers tend to run $150 on average with lights and basic sound, andnthen all the extra add-ons start running up from there. I think my Dark Initiate v4 from ultrasabers was $160, base price, and then I added windowed emitters, an ultragrade combat-heavy blade (plus an add-on cost for choosing amethyst-purple as the blade color). I think i also added flash on clash and clash-sounds. Probably spent close to $200 when all ws said and done. I got my Archeon v2 (which is basically Luke's lightsaber) with a Sunrider's Destiny turquoise-green blade color, and that also has flash on clash and lights and sound for probably the same amount. All my other ones are just stunts (lighted blade, but no sound) which will really come in handy if my friends ever get that approval for a chapter of Saber Guild going here (yay, lightsaber fighting!) And Ultrasabers are lower end combat-ready lightsabers. Ones like Vaders' Vault usually run to $300 base price.

And I didn't even get the unique experience of putting the thing together the way you do at Galaxy's Edge.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Im totally buying this but I wish so bad this was the walking dead crossover 😖😖😖😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

Droids are $99, I think? The lightsabers aren't too bad a price, given that Ultrasabers tend to run $150 on average with lights and basic sound, andnthen all the extra add-ons start running up from there. I think my Dark Initiate v4 from ultrasabers was $160, base price, and then I added windowed emitters, an ultragrade combat-heavy blade (plus an add-on cost for choosing amethyst-purple as the blade color). I think i also added flash on clash and clash-sounds. Probably spent close to $200 when all ws said and done. I got my Archeon v2 (which is basically Luke's lightsaber) with a Sunrider's Destiny turquoise-green blade color, and that also has flash on clash and lights and sound for probably the same amount. All my other ones are just stunts (lighted blade, but no sound) which will really come in handy if my friends ever get that approval for a chapter of Saber Guild going here (yay, lightsaber fighting!) And Ultrasabers are lower end combat-ready lightsabers. Ones like Vaders' Vault usually run to $300 base price.

And I didn't even get the unique experience of putting the thing together the way you do at Galaxy's Edge.

Wow! I.....am......shooketh! I had no idea that those were that expensive. I have no problem with that, I just didn't know. I'm sure sure I've spent as much or more on things that I'm very interested in. Thanks for the info.
  • Options

Wow! I.....am......shooketh! I had no idea that those were that expensive. I have no problem with that, I just didn't know. I'm sure sure I've spent as much or more on things that I'm very interested in. Thanks for the info.

No problem! Most combat-ready lightsabers are made from metal, so they're gonna cost a pretty penny compared to the cheaper plastic toy ones at the toy shop. The sound and graphics card can contribute to that to. From my understanding, the Galaxy's Edge sabers are also made from metal, so that's part of the cost there.
  • Options
    troshalom wrote: »
    I think a diehard Sims fan will not like this pack because of the themed tie in (think Katy Perry). A Star Wars diehard fan will not like this pack because it's a cutsie Sims game version of a theme they love deeply. So the few in between may not be enough to make it a success. However, if Disney wanted this made as a tie-in to the Disney Park Galaxy's Edge, well, here it is.

I also don't believe that we are not getting flying space ships in this pack. I think they are more for decor like the riverboat and the streetcar.

Not every SW fan is into violent video games. There are actually some out there would may prefer the Sims version to a SW game to get away from the overtly violent themes in other SW games @Dannydanbo

This isn't related to the Sims 4 but it does have relevance to what you said here. I loved Star Wars Galaxies. It was a game that had a mix of combat and noncombat elements. I played an entertainer - musician specialty mixed with doctor. Both professions allowed me to heal people. The professions were set up so you could mix and match things so while I chose healing classes others chose to mix the entertainers they created with combat professions (Teras Kasi (martial artist) seemed to be a popular choice).

I thought entertainer was a unique option in how to play a massive multiplayer online game and so I was a huge supporter of the development team putting in more non-combat elements. To me, Star Wars Galaxies offered fully immersive worlds and an interdependent gameplay. I loved how those allowed us to build our community and friendships between players. So when I seen this pack announcement it actually made me want to cry because it brought up so many memories I have of that Star Wars related experience. Since the Sims is a non-combat game (for the most part) and depending on how they introduce the elements of the Star Wars themed game pack, who knows? Maybe I will see Star Wars the way I feel it should have been - a world to just live in and explore.
  • Options
    I just watched a short video of a look around Batuu at Disney World. The place looks good and is probably a lot of fun. I know that there is no way to get a full sized R unit, but an R2-D2 made of plastic only 15"(+/-) tall seems too much like a . I don't know the cost, but according to the reporter, a lightsaber you make yourself costs $200 bucks.

@Dannydanbo Oh! I complete forgot to address the bit about the droids. You wouldn’t be able to get a full-sized R2 unit at Galaxy’s Edge, but there is the Droid Builders Club which has some loose ties to Rebel Legion and the 501st. They make full sized droids, but they’re not inexpensive (I’ve heard they can run $5,000 which is the equivalent of getting a CRL-compliant Boba Fett costume).

Always had a soft spot for R2-KT. She was built by the club to honor a child who passed from cancer.

latest?cb=20160803075332
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2020
    WolfNate wrote: »

Okay, first, don't tell me what I "have say on." If I play these games, I have just as much of a right to comment on them as you do. We all bought the product, we all have a say.

Second, I never said I wanted the supernatural elements to be taken away from you. I'm not telling them to delete the supernatural elements. What my issue is, is that there aren't nearly as many realistic things about The Sims 4 as you're alleging. Of all of the Sims games, so far, The Sims 4 is by far the most "fantastical." The original Sims of the year 2000 had a lot of goofy stuff about it, but it was in the attempt of being a simulator of real life. The game came into existence because Will Wright wanted to make a game about architecture and viewing the home you built.

My issue is that compared to earlier Sims titles, Sims 4 has almost triple the amount of fantasy content, even when they cut parts of them out that previous titles left in. The Sims 3: Supernatural was just one pack with a ton of supernatural stuff to it. Every other pack was realistic. You could argue that EA deliberately broke up the Supernatural pack into chunks to force you to buy it all separately, but it disallows realism players the access to good realistic content when they're so focused on making magical things.

There's nothing wrong with you wanting magical stuff. But that seems to be the only content they're interested in releasing now. This Star Wars 🌺🌺🌺🌺 is evidence of that.

Third, no one can tell you how to play or how you want to play. If you want to play the magical stuff, do so. I don't want it removed, necessarily, but I don't really want to play it either. I haven't bothered purchasing the last few packs because of the focus on the supernatural. Oh, and yeah, knitting, because that bores me.

Magic players for The Sims 4 are far more spoiled with what they get, believe me.

Oh please. Three game packs with supernatural elements is not 'an opressive amount of fantasy elements.' and the life states given in expansions are all lame and barely have anything to do. Everyone was dissapointed with Realm because it seemed so terribly self contained to the world it introduced, not to mentioned it had no cross pack spells/potions. And Vampires are kind of annoying even for me and I like fantasy elements so vampires could've done better. To say us getting 3 packs plus the fantasy Indiana Jones elements in JA as 'way too dang much fantasy elements you fantasy players are such whiny sissies.' is really irritating. I not read jack on University so I can't say if the robots suck not even sure their a life state tbh but Mermaids can barely do anything, aliens have like 2 interactions and Mages are specifically geared toward only being able to interact with other mages. So to say we got so much fantasy content we should be happy. And a LOT of people were annoyed with Supernatural what with zombies every dang night and eating all your potion ingredients is really annoying and the only way to get rid of em is to never use Full Moon phase which ALSO affects all your other magical creatures with no super charge mode due to no moon. And don't get me started on the massive tension between knitters and seances for stuff pack vote. So yes you can have an opinion on what content you'd like but to say we occult fans got too much is insulting to that half of fandom. Realistic players have 32 realistic dlc with like 2% of like 3 packs with occult sims and those are very very poorly recieved by occult players cuz they get hardly anything to do and just look weird. Not counting Journey there are 2 game packs dedicated exclusively to fantasy shenanigans and they lack some things tbh even older packs were a lot funner than the recent content of mages. And we LOST the vote for a pure fantasy stuff pack. We got Eco Life, Knitting, Tiny Living and univerisity since the latest fantasy pack Realm of Magic. So your argument is just you don't want fantasy elements and see everytime we get a fantasy pack as 'ignoring fanbase and they never make realism content' and it's really petty

You're only verifying that EA is screwing you just as much as they are me. You're stating that you're extremely disappointed in the game and the way the packs are, so the way that you defend the game is questionable, considering how let-down you seem.

I've told you this once before already, but the content in TS4 in general is extremely lacking, which seems to be the exact point you're making as well. For example, I don't care at all about Eco living or knitting. I didn't buy either of those packs. I don't even own University now because I stopped giving EA my money when all they do is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 job at game development. I've been waiting for a next big pack with actual good content in it, and it's never come. And I can honestly tell you this: the sore spot you have will not be cured by dang Star Wars. It'll be just as lacking as all of this other content you're complaining about, and EA is hoping a Star Wars paint job will keep you quiet.

My question is... if the supernatural elements of both Sims 3 and Sims 4 are so terrible to you, why do you continue to play that content? You seem pretty angry about it, so I'm not sure what enjoyment you're getting out of the game, since you don't seem to like the realistic stuff either, at least based on this post. I never voted for knitting. I'd take seances over it any day. Seances are things people actually do in real life (regardless of how ineffective they are), so it would have satisfied both of us, since that would have been more interesting to see than knitting sweaters. As for "tiny living," I didn't even know that was a thing, to be honest, but it sounds stupid.

I never called you or players like you "whiny sissies," but if you feel like one, I can't say otherwise.

"Realistic players have 32 realistic dlc"
    It feels more like two DLC split into multiple DLCs at inflated prices. Just saying.

"'ignoring fanbase and they never make realism content'"
    I never said that they were ignoring the fanbase, although your post actually does sound like they are ignoring you too. I also never said that they "never make realism content." I said they're making more fantasy than reality.

"And to say "SW is so left field wth" is a bit much Get Famous had light sabers and Sith Lord costumes..."
    Get Famous wasn't an entire pack dedicated to Star Wars.
  • Options
    Im totally buying this but I wish so bad this was the walking dead crossover 😖😖😖😖😖

That WOULD be cool! You should start a thread asking for it.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2020

That's one I wouldn't buy and I don't think Maxis had a good reception for the zombies they introduced in an iteration before. They had to introduce a toggle to let players remove them due to enormous demand. They kept popping up in the gardens!

But......if it included a proper cemetery at last I might buy it, if it did include that toggle!
  • Options
    TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
    I am a huge Star Wars fan and I am finding this almost insulting to both Star Wars universe and Sims.
  • Options
    wns2fwns2f Posts: 5 New Member
    Every single sims 4 release this year has been on par with the theme of 2020
    Disappointing, sucky, and now just an all out crap show. The sims team doesn’t care about this game. So maybe we should stop caring too.
  • Options
    MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    I think people should keep mindful of their words, asking for devs to be fired because you dont like a pack is a bit entitled and bratty :/ However, I'm really looking forward to this pack and can't wait to see more in the lead up to the release :)
  • Options
    I just watched a short video of a look around Batuu at Disney World. The place looks good and is probably a lot of fun. I know that there is no way to get a full sized R unit, but an R2-D2 made of plastic only 15"(+/-) tall seems too much like a . I don't know the cost, but according to the reporter, a lightsaber you make yourself costs $200 bucks.

@Dannydanbo Oh! I complete forgot to address the bit about the droids. You wouldn’t be able to get a full-sized R2 unit at Galaxy’s Edge, but there is the Droid Builders Club which has some loose ties to Rebel Legion and the 501st. They make full sized droids, but they’re not inexpensive (I’ve heard they can run $5,000 which is the equivalent of getting a CRL-compliant Boba Fett costume).

Always had a soft spot for R2-KT. She was built by the club to honor a child who passed from cancer.

latest?cb=20160803075332

That was a very nice thing to do in that child's memory. Just to be clear, I would still buy that cute mini R2-D2 Droid. I mean who wouldn't want a mini R2 running around their house? :)

I also thought the way the system worked to build your own Droid was nice. That winding conveyor belt full of parts to pick from. You can customize your Droid to exactly what you want. It is a bit much to carry around the park so, it would probably be my last stop for the day.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    thesimslecrasthesimslecras Posts: 7 New Member
    Love Star Wars, but not like this - not in the Sims. For me, it's far too specific and leaves little room for creativity and imagination. If the pack had been generically space themed it would definitely have appealed to me more. I've owned (and played) every single Sims game and pack, right from the very beginning, but this is the first time I'm really "meh" about a pack. No doubt I'll end up buying it anyway since I'm a completionist, but I don't feel excited about it. At all.