Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    lol. I've been looking in at the forum every now and then to see what the new GP might be. I thought maybe if it was interesting enough I might bundle it with Eco Living and Nifty Knitting to save money. And this? Is what it is? lol

I watched the preview about 6 or 7 times and all I saw was the same boring animations and game play that has little to no depth. Just sims talking or dancing or drinking.
    And the new tablet thing when they are discovering something....or trying to figure out a tomb....which is boring as all get out btw.

I can't even think about loading S4 because I know how boring the actual game play is. This does not make me want to spend my money at all.

So I guess thanks, Maxis, for such a poor product this time round! I've saved a lot of money on the sims this iteration. And I won't be investing in the next one.
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I just want to say, to those who work on the game, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry that EA has made you look bad, I’m sorry you’re being attacked when it’s EA and the table of out of touch people making choices for this game who are to blame. I remember how much heart and soul was put into sims 3, and it’s so sad to see how little they actually have a say in this game anymore. I know it’s not your fault Sims 4 is hollow and sad, it’s EA’s 100%. This pack is a joke, but the people who worked on it deserve respect. They know majority would hate this, they were forced into a bad position and it’s just another thing EA has done to prove how little they care for anyone but money.
  • Options
    queenmakedaqueenmakeda Posts: 8 New Member
    I seen that Star Wars was the last ranked game pack after a voting poll, and I can't believe they still decided to make this the next one. I've loved playing The Sims since day one, and I can't believe I can see myself walking away from this game. You guys took away all the great features from The Sims 2 and 3. And the Sims 4 has barely any of the features that resembles the old games, not even close. I hope something changes because I really enjoyed the Sims years and I would hate to walk away
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    I seen that Star Wars was the last ranked game pack after a voting poll, and I can't believe they still decided to make this the next one.
    @queenmakeda I will copy and paste what I have said before:

that poll was not carried out by EA. It was an independent poll carried out by Digital Spy which was done in January 2020 when the star wars pack was most likely already in the making anyway.

As Digital Spy says in that article:
    Last week, we compiled a list of 21 different ideas for packs in 2020 and, just for fun, asked readers to vote up as many of their favourites as they liked. There was a total of more than 170,000 'upvotes' across all options.

I am just pointing this out because so many people seem to believe that this poll was done by EA - that EA asked if people wanted Star Wars, found out that they didn't and went ahead and made the pack anyway. That isn't the case.

Now, we could have a discussion about whether EA should have asked if people wanted Star Wars before steamrollering ahead and making a Star Wars pack anyway. Certainly, they should. And even without doing a poll, they should have had some idea that it would not be well received.

Also yes, I do agree that this does show that they have not been listening to what fans have been saying that they want (both on the forums/on social media and on official EA polls). Just because I myself happen to be really excited for this pack doesn't mean I can't accept that these things. Those disappointed do have every right to be.
  • Options
    queenmakedaqueenmakeda Posts: 8 New Member
    @MaggieMarley I see thank you for clarifying that about the poll. I'm just disappointed that they don't listen to the community. The base game, expansion, stuff packs are totally lacking compared to the Sims 2&3. I don't think it's Star wars per se, it's just the community being constantly disappointed (my own deduction lol). But hey I hope they have some other cool stuff in the store because I'm losing interest compared to all the other new life simulators coming out.
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    I saw somewhere that the players complained that in the game vampires constantly come to their home and annoy them.
    Now imagine if Jar Jar Binks would constantly come to your home with this extension ...
    It seems to me that it would be level 100 trolling from the developers)))
  • Options
    aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    I love the sims and I love Star Wars. This pack is amazing to me!! Every version of the sims since Sims2 has done 2 weird partnerships no one asked for. H&M, Ikea, Katy Perry, Deisel, Moschino? Its a part of how this franchise operates and has operated since 2007. Like with all add on content for every video game ever made, if you don't like it then that's ok. Maybe skip this one and save that money for content you do want. I for one, am excited to add this to my game. The great thing about the Sims is that its an incredibly diverse game that appeals to a very wide audience. I'm very happy to see something in this game appeal to the geek in me beyond the video game skill, geekcon, and programmer career. I'm sure that there are die hard Star Wars fans who will look into the Sims for the first time because of this pack, opening the game up to a whole new audience.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It doesn't matter who created the poll. It was still created and posted somewhere and players answered so the fact that Star Wars was dead last is just as important as if they had created that poll themselves. The information is still there to be seen, read and understood. They just ignored it.
  • Options
    LarkspencerLarkspencer Posts: 2 New Member
    booo... i have purchased EVERY SINGLE pack you could get for every sims game... this is this only one i will pass on getting... defintely a HUGE let down.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It doesn't matter who created the poll. It was still created and posted somewhere and players answered so the fact that Star Wars was dead last is just as important as if they had created that poll themselves. The information is still there to be seen, read and understood. They just ignored it.

I'm sure there were polls about who should get with who in the epilogue of Deathly Hallows and I certainly wasn't looking forward to Harry/Ginny but whatevs
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020

The thing is that the poll was done in January 2020 so even if EA did see it (which they may not have), the star wars gp may well already have been in the works.

So I am not sure that the results of that particular poll could have had any influence on whether EA made this gp or not.

But yes, as excited as I am for this pack, I agree that they probably should have done more thorough market research (such as including the star wars theme on a poll of their own) to determine whether players would in general want this theme before they went ahead and begun making it.
  • Options
    GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    > @EA_Leeloo said:
    > Not long from now, in a galaxy very near to ours… your Sims will arrive on Batuu!
    >
    > In a galaxy far, far away, deep into the Outer Rim, the world of Batuu spins under its three suns, host to both the brave Resistance and nefarious First Order, with roguish scoundrels taking advantage of the chaos. How things unfold, though, is up to your Sims in The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack*, available on September 8!
    >
    > https://youtu.be/A4swl1VObu8
    >
    > Experience the Edge of the Galaxy
    >
    > From the moment Sims arrive on Batuu, they’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds, and smells of Star Wars™. Majestic petrified trees rise high over the settlements and ships pass overhead, engines whining. Black Spire Outpost hums with activity as alien locals and busy droids go about their days. Vendors serve up Ronto Wraps and Fried Endorian Tip-Yip to hungry Niktos and Rodians. Curious Abednedos, Mirialans, and Twi’leks browse the wares at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. Sims might recognize a certain infamous ship, the Millennium Falcon™, or hope to escape the notice of patrolling stormtroopers. But once they arrive, they’ll never want to leave.
    >
    > Earn a Reputation
    >
    > The tension between the factions on Batuu is evident. Stormtroopers patrol the streets, searching for evidence of the hidden Resistance, and rebels carry out secret plans from their mysterious bunker. Even the smugglers operate a lucrative business, staying neutral to take advantage of both the Resistance and the First Order. So, which will your Sim join?
    >
    > DJ R-3X, the droid in charge of the music at Oga’s Cantina, is the best point of contact for learning about the different factions. At first, missions will be simple, sending your Sim off to rifle through supply crates or chase rumors about the growing Resistance presence. As a result of completing a mission, Sims collect rewards—and earn reputation points with the associated faction. Increase your Sim’s reputation to rise through the ranks, from sympathizer or supporter to sergeant of the Resistance or First Order. If galactic credits motivate your Sim more than ideals, the scoundrels are always looking for assistance—that’s just good business.
    >
    > As your Sim’s reputation grows, it also affects the way locals react to them. A Sim highly regarded by the First Order will find it difficult to chat with Resistance supporters. Climbing the chain of command by completing missions also begins to introduce new faction contacts. Depending on the choice your Sim makes, they might encounter Vi Moradi running a mission, Rey practicing with her lightsaber, Kylo Ren losing his temper, or Hondo Ohnaka cheating at a game of sabacc.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Acquire Artifacts and Treasures
    >
    > It wouldn’t be Star Wars™ without lightsabers and droids. On Batuu, Sims can find parts for their own lightsabers! Take a trip to Savi’s Workshop to see a few of the hilt and kyber crystal options, or complete missions to earn rare pieces as rewards. Try different crystals until you find the one that is right, and once it’s done, start training! Practicing with a lightsaber or sparring with other Sims builds the Fitness skill, too.
    >
    > Need a friend on Batuu? Why not a droid?! Just collect scrap metal from scrap piles around Batuu and earn enough galactic credits, then purchase a droid from the Droid Depot, where they offer both R- and BB-series astromech droids. Once Sims have customized their droid, give it a name and watch it go! Your Sim’s new buddy will follow them everywhere on Batuu. Plus, droids are helpful on missions. They can use their scanners and electro-prods to assist Sims by searching crates, scrambling control panels, or distracting rival faction members. These are the droids you’re looking for!
    >
    > Bring It Home
    >
    > When your Sim returns from Batuu, they won’t be coming back empty-handed. Enjoy Star Wars™ inspired updates in decor, home design, and even recipes. Whether Sims display the antiquities they collected on Batuu or revamp their style completely to imitate the dwellings of Black Spire Outpost, they don’t have to leave their Star Wars™ adventure behind. Invite neighbors over for a game of sabacc or a lightsaber sparring session whenever you like.
    >
    > Plus, any droids ordered on Batuu return to the Sims world as well! Sure, droids might not go around zapping people in Willow Creek, but Sims can still build relationships with them and have fun driving them around with a datapad!
    >
    >
    >
    > The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack arrives on September 8, 2020, at midnight in your region for Mac and PC and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4!
    >
    > What Star Wars™ story will your Sims create?
    >
    >
    > Source: ea.com

I am very interested to see what this pack holds to be prefer I am kinda excited for it
  • Options
    CAMFAM2018CAMFAM2018 Posts: 23 Member
    I am feeling a lot of emotions and opinions with this!😵
    The simplest being:
    • 1.) Happy, because this pack looks awesome, fun, and I'm a Star Wars fan, too!
    • 2.) Disappointed/Angry, because TS4 could have done anything else! It could have been a Farming GP, a Werewolf GP, or a Generations GP! There already are Star Wars CAS items and a Baby Yoda in Build Mode for TS4 Base Game! They could have done so much more.

I don't think I'll be buying this... maybe. :|
    😻CAMFAM2018
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    ZnqTmub.png

Now tell me that didn't make you giggle when you read "Simmers Everywhere Are Excited For This Pack"

Especially since the YT trailer is currently sitting at 35K Likes vs 79K Dislikes LOL LOL LOL
  • Options
    DavidrayDavidray Posts: 91 Member
    edited August 2020
    Not a troll or a complainer, someone who has played Sims since Sims 1.
    I have been looking forward to the sci-fi/future Pack I hoped would come since the beginning of Sims 4.
    The 'Lunar Lakes' & "Into the Future' Worlds were a major fave in Sims 3, as well as the 'Future Schock' & 'Ultra Lounge' sets available in the Sims store which offered a huge amount of creative customizable play opportunities.

I'm disappointed the 'Star Wars' pack will likely be the only sci-fi content to come for Sims 4.
    It looks well done- but I've been looking forward to playing in a Sims sci-fi world and playing in the creative open sand-box 'Sims' style of play. So this is a big disappointment.
    Post edited by Davidray on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I"m excited for this pack cause of the space ships.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Davidray wrote: »
    Not a troll or a complainer, someone who has played Sims since Sims 1.
    I have been looking forward to the sci-fi/future Pack I hoped would come since the beginning of Sims 4.
    The 'Lunar Lakes' & "Into the Future' Worlds were a major fave in Sims 3, as well as the 'Future Schock' & 'Ultra Lounge' sets available in the Sims store which offered a huge amount of creative customizable play opportunities.

I'm disappointed the 'Star Wars' pack will likely be the only sci-fi content to come for Sims 4.
    It looks well done- but I've been looking forward to playing in a Sims sci-fi world and playing in the creative open sand-box 'Sims' style of play. So this is a big disappointment.

Prehaps they'll update Sixam in Next Weeks Patch. Probably not though. It would be cool though.
  • Options
    BreaBrea Posts: 1 New Member
    I know a lot of people are complaining, but I am really excited for interesting totally different content! Thanks EA.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I-am-so-excited.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There is one thing that I'm curious about. Why did they name it JOURNEY to Batuu? Journey? The actual journey may be nothing more than a click on your sims phone and teleporting to and fro. So, if there is no JOURNEY, why call it Journey? I mean the actual game play happens after your sim arrives on Batuu. Journey over. Why wasn't it called Galaxy's Edge like the world in Disney. This is a direct tie-in (copy) of that new world, so why Journey? It doesn't make any sense to me. (insert jokes here) Get Famous is about getting famous. Get To Work is about finding a job and going to work. Dine Out is about going out to a restaurant for a meal (you sure can't go to work there). So, why Journey? There is no actual journey that I can see.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    There is one thing that I'm curious about. Why did they name it JOURNEY to Batuu? Journey? The actual journey may be nothing more than a click on your sims phone and teleporting to and fro. So, if there is no JOURNEY, why call it Journey? I mean the actual game play happens after your sim arrives on Batuu. Journey over. Why wasn't it called Galaxy's Edge like the world in Disney. This is a direct tie-in (copy) of that new world, so why Journey? It doesn't make any sense to me. (insert jokes here) Get Famous is about getting famous. Get To Work is about finding a job and going to work. Dine Out is about going out to a restaurant for a meal (you sure can't go to work there). So, why Journey? There is no actual journey that I can see.

I might go out on a limb here and consider that Disney had a hand in the naming for the pack given the wording. When they started releasing the NeuCanon books starting with Aftermath (ugh, reading those was like watching paint dry, but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that Chuck Wendig’s writing style just clashed with my reading style, lol) they called the book series for that particular part of the timeline, “Journey to The Force Awakens”. And then they did the same thing for Episode VIII and Episode IX.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member

The thing is that the poll was done in January 2020 so even if EA did see it (which they may not have), the star wars gp may well already have been in the works.

So I am not sure that the results of that particular poll could have had any influence on whether EA made this gp or not.

Also, internet polls are not reliable. They're not a random sampling of players; they're self-selected for the players who have a strong enough feeling that they'll take the time to vote. And from the past few weeks it seems to me, just based on videos and these forums, that the players who want only mundane stuff in The Sims feel much more strongly about that, and therefore would be more willing to vote in a poll, than the people who want some supernatural stuff as well, since the supernatural players are generally okay with mundane stuff being in the game, but the reverse is not true.

And, as someone looking forward to Journey to Batuu, I probably would have placed Star Wars lower than a lot of other concepts. Not as low as farming, because, seriously, I have no idea what people think the gameplay for that would be or how it would be fun. Doesn't mean I don't want it, just that if you asked me, I'd've said I wanted those other things more.

Like, I'd like $100. If you asked me if I'd rather have $100 or $10, I'd say $100. If you then offered me $10, I wouldn't say no.
  • Options
    PolkasaPolkasa Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello,
    Im Star Wars fan and im very excited about this pack, it looks like it gameplay would be in the same style like "Jungle Adventure", this is good :). I wonder how droids and aliens will be working, i hope star wars races will be working like aliens, not as costumes :D
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Brea wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are complaining, but I am really excited for interesting totally different content! Thanks EA.

I don't understand all the negativity, I'm so excited about this pack!!!! I second the "Thanks EA!!"
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The favourite of my packs in Sims 3 was World Adventures and is still top of some reviewers' lists. It took a long time to explore and engrossed me until the next expansion came out. It also added a great many useful assets to the whole game. EA has gone the adventure route before with great success. I just hope this gamepack will provide enough to do the same for me until the next expansion comes out.

I can quite see the reason EA/Maxis produced it. If they have the exclusive rights to Star Wars video games it would have been stupid of them not to do so in marketing terms before the deal expired.