Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2020
    troshalom wrote: »
    I know it's not for everyone, but I am especially interested in the story aspect of this pack. If it's something like Strangerville, I will be really happy (but again, I know that wasn't enjoyed by all). The fact it says in the description on the blog post that you can join the First Order or the Resistance makes me think that there could be two separate 'stories': one for if you join the First Order and one for if you join the Resistace. Maybe two new aspirations as well, one for each story.

I'm thinking Jedi might not be an occult and instead 'the force' will be a skill or something. Or maybe not. If it is just a skill, then I can play this pack through with my vampires :)

Oh and JA is my second favourite GP (after vampires) and it seems like this pack might be similar in many ways which I am happy about too.

@MaggieMarley read this WP article, it provides insight https://washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/
    Also, the EA blog provides some insight.

Lastly, don't let folks drive you from YT.

@telmarina I agree. This GP feels like the end of the TS4 run. Personally if TS5 is made, seasons & pets should be in base game and all EP/GPs should be stuff never done before

Thank you :) I've already read the blog post but I may well have missed things so will reread it and I'll take a look at the Washington post link!

ETA: Ah unfortunately I can't read the Washington post article since I am not subscribed.
    @MaggieMarley
    You should be able to browse for free if you click on that button when the subscription window pops up. Worked for me.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I know it's not for everyone, but I am especially interested in the story aspect of this pack. If it's something like Strangerville, I will be really happy (but again, I know that wasn't enjoyed by all). The fact it says in the description on the blog post that you can join the First Order or the Resistance makes me think that there could be two separate 'stories': one for if you join the First Order and one for if you join the Resistace. Maybe two new aspirations as well, one for each story.

I'm thinking Jedi might not be an occult and instead 'the force' will be a skill or something. Or maybe not. If it is just a skill, then I can play this pack through with my vampires :)

Oh and JA is my second favourite GP (after vampires) and it seems like this pack might be similar in many ways which I am happy about too.

@MaggieMarley read this WP article, it provides insight https://washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/

@telmarina I agree. This GP feels like the end of the TS4 run. Personally if TS5 is made, seasons & pets should be in base game and all EP/GPs should be stuff never done before

Thank you :) I've already read the blog post but I may well have missed things so will reread it and I'll take a look at the Washington post link!

ETA: Ah unfortunately I can't read the Washington post article since I am not subscribed.
    @MaggieMarley
    You should be able to browse for free if you click on that button when the subscription window pops up. Worked for me.

Nice, thank you!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

@MaggieMarley

Thank you :)

25IU2YBODZFE7BB6C5JPJSPDEM.jpg&w=691
    I love the look of the world, really look forward to exploring it myself.
  • Options
    @Onverser I was thinking about you when I read about the missions from the WP-article :)

“If you spend a lot of time with the rebels and you’re working on missions for them and socializing with them, then if you try and go hang out with the First Order, they’re not going to respond to you,” Pearson said. “They’re going to lock you out of certain things and certain interactions because you’re not their friend. You’re the enemy.”
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I think I'd like to play all the factions eventually. If that's allowed.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I've never heard of the simmer Devon Bumpkin before, but I 💛 his reaction to the trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7WycuXz73E

Just cool to find a positive reaction video out there.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @MaggieMarley I'm not subscribed either, I just click the reader in my browser address bar and read articles that way.

Hey @elanorbreton I like the Mother. She doesn't ask for much, and after a nightly jog she does fill all your needs.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Ok here's the text:
    ‘The Sims 4’ is getting a story-driven Star Wars DLC

Elise Favis
    Inspired by the attractions of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and Disney World, “Journey to Batuu” introduces a Star Wars-themed destination within “The Sims 4,” allowing your sims to travel to the Black Spire Outpost on the remote planet of Batuu. Players will find familiar places and characters from the Star Wars universe, including Kylo Ren, Rey Skywalker and Hondo, against whom you can play Sabacc (a fictional card game from Star Wars) in Oga’s Cantina. You can even find the Millennium Falcon.

“The Sims has always been about letting players tell their own stories and explore a lot of different aspects,” Lyndsay Pearson, executive producer and general manager of The Sims said. “That feels very complementary to the way that we were approaching ‘Journey to Batuu,' which is: ‘What is your story in this universe? How do you want to be a part of this?’”

Notably, “Journey to Batuu” includes an overarching story, a rarity within The Sims series, which usually lets users weave emergent stories on their own by creating sims and leading different virtual lives. In “Journey to Batuu,” that player agency continues, especially when choosing to join different factions: The Resistance, the First Order, or the rebels fighting for control over Batuu.

How The Sims navigated 20 years of change to become one of the most successful franchises ever

Similar to “The Sims 4” “Get Famous” DLC, other sims will treat you differently depending on your status. In “Journey to Batuu,” this pertains specifically to the faction with which faction you’ve aligned.

“If you spend a lot of time with the rebels and you’re working on missions for them and socializing with them, then if you try and go hang out with the First Order, they’re not going to respond to you,” Pearson said. “They’re going to lock you out of certain things and certain interactions because you’re not their friend. You’re the enemy.”

In expected Star Wars fashion, you can build custom lightsabers for your sims, engage in lightsaber sparring, and build droids that can help out on faction missions or can be brought back to your sims’ home to play with. Kyber crystals can also be brought back home. In “The Sims 4,” Batuu will be a destination world, meaning sims can’t live there full-time since it’s meant for visits. But players can find a type of home base in Batuu that fulfills a sim’s basic needs.

Since Electronic Arts, the publisher of “The Sims 4,” has held exclusive rights since 2013 to make Star Wars games, it makes sense to see The Sims partner with Lucasfilm and Disney for a deeper Star Wars experience.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a good game. So why am I so unhappy playing it?

It’s also part of a larger vision that developer Maxis and EA have in store. In a previous interview with The Post, EA’s chief studios officer Laura Miele spoke about the goal to incorporate relevant trends, as well as “music, fashion, design and architecture, or in TV and media” within The Sims world going forward.

Star Wars, for example, already existed within “The Sims 4” in smaller ways, such as Princess Leia and Darth Vader costumes, as well as a Baby Yoda statue added to the game late last year after that characters much-loved introduction in the Disney+ show, “The Mandalorian.”

“Star Wars is such a timeless piece of universe, like it’s just such a timeless world that resonates with all sorts of different generations of people because of where they encountered it in their life,” Pearson said. “I remember Star Wars as a kid, but that’s different than what my daughter is encountering as a seven-year-old. And it’s really neat to be able to bring to life a piece of this universe in a new way.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I've been a Star Wars fan from the very beginning and I'm pretty happy to be getting it. I'm looking forward to checking it out :smile:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I suppose it could be a good game for kids whose parents don't want them playing more violent Star Wars games. I've mentioned in other places a couple of ways I might play. I thought of playing as if Batuu is a Disney vacation spot where you "live" the experience as a character. Then, bring home some SW stuff to decorate my sims basement like the cantina where my SW club can geek out. I also thought I might create the OG's (Han, Luke, Leia, Chewbacca and maybe Yoda) with the costumes we have that are now ghosts who mess with the troopers and aid the rebels. I wonder if this is a vacation world like Selvadorada or a live in world like the others. That will dictate a lot of players gameplay. I just hope aliens from Batuu aren't seen wandering around my other worlds and vice versa. But the world does "look" great.
  • Options
    I've never heard of the simmer Devon Bumpkin before, but I 💛 his reaction to the trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7WycuXz73E

Just cool to find a positive reaction video out there.

Yay! This was so much fun and it was nice to see all the happy people in the comments. I am looking for places to find fun people to share with.
  • Options
    Yay! This was so much fun and it was nice to see all the happy people in the comments. I am looking for places to find fun people to share with.

It's refreshing to find these little islands of positivity!
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I suppose it could be a good game for kids whose parents don't want them playing more violent Star Wars games. I've mentioned in other places a couple of ways I might play. I thought of playing as if Batuu is a Disney vacation spot where you "live" the experience as a character. Then, bring home some SW stuff to decorate my sims basement like the cantina where my SW club can geek out. I also thought I might create the OG's (Han, Luke, Leia, Chewbacca and maybe Yoda) with the costumes we have that are now ghosts who mess with the troopers and aid the rebels. I wonder if this is a vacation world like Selvadorada or a live in world like the others. That will dictate a lot of players gameplay. I just hope aliens from Batuu aren't seen wandering around my other worlds and vice versa. But the world does "look" great.

I keep seeing this mentioned, hope they will update us soon on how it will work :) think there are simmers out there on the fence who would be happy to know that they will not see aliens in other places than Batuu.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    When the GP icon leaked a few weeks ago, and some speculated that the pack may be Star Wars/Science-Fiction/Space themed, I said that I wouldn't get the pack if it fell into one of those categories. I love Star Wars just as much as the next person, but at the time, I didn't see how it could fit into my style of play and I wasn't interested in incorporating these features into my game, beyond what is already in The Sims. That being said, after watching the trailer, I have completely changed my mind and I am beyond excited for this pack.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    One of the FB groups I'm in that's just for female Star Wars fans is going absolutely crazy with joy over this. Some ladies are saying they've got to get Sims 4 now and this is whats gonna draw them in.

I'm so ready for that iconic photo in front of the Falcon. I haven't been able to do it yet for reals, but I'm gonna get my simself and my 501st family to Batuu on September 8th, and make it happen.

My bestie and I who have been Star Wars fans for longer than either of us can remember are over the moon for it. We've got our lightsaber colors picked already.
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »
    One of the FB groups I'm in that's just for female Star Wars fans is going absolutely crazy with joy over this. Some ladies are saying they've got to get Sims 4 now and this is whats gonna draw them in.

I'm so ready for that iconic photo in front of the Falcon. I haven't been able to do it yet for reals, but I'm gonna get my simself and my 501st family to Batuu on September 8th, and make it happen.

My bestie and I who have been Star Wars fans for longer than either of us can remember are over the moon for it. We've got our lightsaber colors picked already.

That's great. New players are always welcome. I'm glad you and they are so over the moons. (see what I did there....moons.....Batuu has three moons) :D
  • Options
    That's great. New players are always welcome. I'm glad you and they are so over the moons. (see what I did there....moons.....Batuu has three moons) :D

Pssst! Batuu has three Suns. ;)
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

I get it. ;) And Yavin has 23. :D
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Space ships!!
    Light Saber battles!
    Stormtroopers!
    The Cantina!
    New Aliens!
    Using The Force!
    Droids!
    Smuggler clothes!
    Factions!
    Build your own Light Saber with its own color!

I'm so frakking excited!!

Color me excited especially with being able to build a light sabor with the color of our choice. I'll probably go with purple.

Wait - we can pick the color of our lightsaber??? I mean, yes they come in colors but I didn't think about.... blue, red, green, purple.... I - I - (moan) How will I ever choose?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm curious about living accomodations in Batuu. Do we stay in vacation rentals while completing our missions or will it be more like traveling to the magic realm? 🤔

The Washington Post article mentioned a “home base” where you could attend to your Sims basic needs. I’m imagining something like JA, or maybe even the base from World Adventures in TS3.

Imagine the uproar if there is a HOTEL on Batuu, the pack coming with hotels would be amazing but oh boy the outrage at having to purchase it.
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »
    Space ships!!
    Light Saber battles!
    Stormtroopers!
    The Cantina!
    New Aliens!
    Using The Force!
    Droids!
    Smuggler clothes!
    Factions!
    Build your own Light Saber with its own color!

I'm so frakking excited!!

Color me excited especially with being able to build a light sabor with the color of our choice. I'll probably go with purple.

Wait - we can pick the color of our lightsaber??? I mean, yes they come in colors but I didn't think about.... blue, red, green, purple.... I - I - (moan) How will I ever choose?

Well y'could do it the old EU/Legends way. Consular (green), Sentinel (yellow) or Guardian (blue).
  • Options

Pssst! Batuu has three Suns. ;)

LOL! Thanks. I did not know it was suns and not moons. Shows how much of a SW fan I am. ;)
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Just realized I hadn't posted here. I am beyond excited for this. I've loved Star Wars forever so it's a perfect blend of two of my favorite things!
  • Options

421641838cc03a8c29de79eb1f1078b97174b699.png
    Some people are so good at creating a specific character. This is beyond me, I can make sims I like but I can never recreate someone else.

https://www.saurussims.com/post/627704848834527232/so-anyway-im-one-of-those-freaks-who-are-excited

I play the game with CC and mods. Really looking forward to seeing what the creative simmer can do with this pack :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Right now I can't go to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland or Disney World, make my own light saber or eat a Ronto wrap, due to the pandemic. At least my sims will be able to! :p

I know, I want to go so, so bad! I was overjoyed when I found out they were adding a Star Wars park. <3

My husband and I were hoping to make a fall trip to Disneyland but he died in May before we could get there. :'( I'll be able to live vicariously through the pack, and maybe I'll make a solo trip in a couple of years once I'm sure there's an effective vaccine against 'rona. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top