Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Home base sounds good. Now I wonder how long we'll be able to stay there. 😄

Well, if you're willing to cheat needs, possibly a long time. That's what I do to hang out in the magic realm for days on end. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I'm supposed to get some work done but I keep fanboying over those ships in the trailer. I mean look at that baby. <3
    Sims-4-Star-Wars-Journey-to-Batuu-19.jpg
    I mean look at it.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am planning a little for how I can use this in different saves.

For my generational save where I will play generation after generation I will probably visit a few times with every sim. They get to see that the galaxy is bigger than you think. However, I will not go very long into each path because I would not like every generation to run into Kylo or Rey. That would feel odd.

360?cb=20161012214043

Remember Rouge One, don't remember how many times I saw it at the theaters. Galen and Lyra hide little Jyn on a planet to keep her safe. I could do something like that. You start with a runaway-teen scraping by on the ordinary planet. She was of course hidden here because this is the world of Sims 4 and it is very very safe and her family was in danger on Batuu. Really, Sims 4 is very safe so good thinking by the parents there. Later the parents are lost on Batuu and now it is up to the scrappy teen to travel back to Batuu and help out the resistance. Afterwards she can come back to the safe planet and visit Batuu every now and then. That could be a really fun challenge.

I'm excited :smiley:

Really like that this opens up the world of Sims 4, remember when I first started playing and I had such a problem with everything just being so....ordinary. I'm just used to completely different worlds and that things feel more unique. I really appreciate that they are doing something about that.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'm supposed to get some work done but I keep fanboying over those ships in the trailer. I mean look at that baby. <3
    I mean look at it.

I really liked that scene from the trailer, with the falcon coming in to land. I notice they even put two suns, wonder if the lightning will be different than usual, I really hated the strong lightning in TS3.
  • Options
    EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2020
    Thank you for making a positive thread! :D

The things I am most looking forward to doing in this pack:
    1. Turning all neighboring NPCs in the world, into Stormtroopers. (I mean, legit going into CAS, changing all their outfits to Stormtroopers, then exiting and turning them back to inactive household) :D:D:D
    2. If they have "STORMTROOPER NIGHT" at the bars, I will squee. Like Knight Night, but Stormtroopers. On those nights, I will dress as Darth Vader. It will be epic. I'll make sure my Sim is Famous so everyone will want a Selfie and faint. I'll make sure to put a dance floor, then have my sims do a group dance like:
    i46.gif
    3. Building "The Cantina," from Star Wars. Does uhm anyone else want Jabba the Hutt? Just like..in the center of the bar, inside an aquarium or pouring me a juice would be good.

I really hope there is a world/lots we can build on, and not just visit. In the trailer the house was built in Willow Creek ;A; I would have at least chosen Oasis Springs myself p:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @MaggieMarley don't let it get you down and effect your excitement for the pack. 🤗
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @MaggieMarley don't let it get you down and effect your excitement for the pack. 🤗
    Thank you :)

I don't think I've been as excited for a pack in a long time!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I left a comment on the trailer on YouTube saying how great I thought the pack looks and how excited I am to play it and I have received some nasty comments :( people telling me that I'm stupid if I find a pack like this fun, that I should not buy it, that I am killing the franchise....

Jesus, some people. Don't let it get to you! You have every right to be excited. I'm very sorry people have to deal with stuff like this all the time, like fine, maybe I won't like this pack, maybe I will like it, but it's just a pack. And you're just a person who's excited. Why anyone would find it necessary or okay to make someone feel bad for liking something they don't, I will never understand ... :(
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I mean look at it.

yes it looks great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2020
    @MaggieMarley I agree with SimGirl, don't let other people's negative comments change whether or not you like something. We're all allowed to make our own decisions and have our own opinions. We're not all going to agree on everything. Going into any discussions, I feel like I should respect the person, even if their opinion differs from my own. If they're trying to make personal attacks, I would just ignore them. They don't know you. We can't always change the behavior of others, what they say, or how they think, but we can choose how to react or not react to them. Others can choose to react negatively, just as I can choose not to read or reply to the comments xD
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I hate to bring in negativity here but more on pack itself then attacking anyone for wanting it. How limited will it be? We all been majorly dissapointed by EA going on about how much we can do and we find everything day 1 and we're not even trying to 'rush the content' so realistically speaking how much content is in the game for the 'main' part?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Sorry to hear that, YouTube comments are as rough and unlawful as the outer rim... I totally resonate with your excitement though! This is the pack I’ve been waiting for, this makes my game complete finally! (Unless we get a follow up Star Wars stuff pack? :innocent: )
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2020
    I left a comment on the trailer on YouTube saying how great I thought the pack looks and how excited I am to play it and I have received some nasty comments :( people telling me that I'm stupid if I find a pack like this fun, that I should not buy it, that I am killing the franchise...

That’s sad. You should be safe in this thread. Blasters at the ready for anyone coming in here spoiling the excitement of others! B)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I hate to bring in negativity here but more on pack itself then attacking anyone for wanting it. How limited will it be? We all been majorly dissapointed by EA going on about how much we can do and we find everything day 1 and we're not even trying to 'rush the content' so realistically speaking how much content is in the game for the 'main' part?

We don't know anymore than what we've seen in the trailer. Hopefully more info will be available soon. 🙂
  • Options
    Thank you @SimTrippy and @EVANGELlNE @keylimepiesims and @CAPTAIN_NXR7 think I will just either switch off notifications for that comment or delete it and continue looking forward to the pack here!

Sorry to hear that, YouTube comments are as rough and unlawful as the outer rim... I totally resonate with your excitement though! This is the pack I’ve been waiting for, this makes my game complete finally! (Unless we get a follow up Star Wars stuff pack? :innocent: )

I only very rarely watch or comment on YouTube so I didn't really know. I will steer clear from now on!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I know it's not for everyone, but I am especially interested in the story aspect of this pack. If it's something like Strangerville, I will be really happy (but again, I know that wasn't enjoyed by all). The fact it says in the description on the blog post that you can join the First Order or the Resistance makes me think that there could be two separate 'stories': one for if you join the First Order and one for if you join the Resistace. Maybe two new aspirations as well, one for each story.

I'm thinking Jedi might not be an occult and instead 'the force' will be a skill or something. Or maybe not. If it is just a skill, then I can play this pack through with my vampires :)

Oh and JA is my second favourite GP (after vampires) and it seems like this pack might be similar in many ways which I am happy about too.
  • Options
    I know that I just want to bring up the realism of buying it haha.

I'm super excited tbh for it and I'm kind of a weirdo when playing Sims. I don't blog I don't have 'plot' I don't stream. I just have goals and run around. So my stories tend to devolve into "how much stuff can I get?" (I became a celeb and then earned both permenet celeberity perk AND perfect actor just so I can have fame and not play with acting career anymore lol) So for this I'll probably make a Jedi Knight and a Sith Lord. Also to say no one wanted or ever expected SW is a bit much... I mean Get Famous had several SW expy hell I wore a Sith Lord mask for like 5 hours on my sim...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    I left a comment on the trailer on YouTube saying how great I thought the pack looks and how excited I am to play it and I have received some nasty comments :( people telling me that I'm stupid if I find a pack like this fun, that I should not buy it, that I am killing the franchise...

That’s sad. You should be safe in this thread. Blasters at the ready for anyone coming in here spoiling the excitement of others! B)

Phasers on stun. Oh wait, that's Star Trek. 😀
  • Options
    I know it's not for everyone, but I am especially interested in the story aspect of this pack. If it's something like Strangerville, I will be really happy (but again, I know that wasn't enjoyed by all). The fact it says in the description on the blog post that you can join the First Order or the Resistance makes me think that there could be two separate 'stories': one for if you join the First Order and one for if you join the Resistace. Maybe two new aspirations as well, one for each story.

I'm thinking Jedi might not be an occult and instead 'the force' will be a skill or something. Or maybe not. If it is just a skill, then I can play this pack through with my vampires :)

Oh and JA is my second favourite GP (after vampires) and it seems like this pack might be similar in many ways which I am happy about too.

My issue with Strangerville is it's a 'rpg as sims' and one 'ending' if it were more open ended I might get it but the brainwashed sims are also super freaky...

And Force better be in the game pack lol
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I just had a thought! (Yes it doesn't happen very often) How will our Spellcasters fare in battle? I hope we can disarm with spells. 🤔
  • Options
    EVANGELlNE wrote: »
    Thank you for making a positive thread! :D

The things I am most looking forward to doing in this pack:
    1. Turning all neighboring NPCs in the world, into Stormtroopers.
    If you have a sim in the stylist career maybe you could make the Stormtrooper outfit into a trend lol
  • Options
    WolfNate wrote: »

My issue with Strangerville is it's a 'rpg as sims' and one 'ending' if it were more open ended I might get it but the brainwashed sims are also super freaky...

And Force better be in the game pack lol
    I like the rpg aspect of it but I know that a lot of people don't. Maybe they took that on board and it won't be such a strictly linear story this time?
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited August 2020

Phasers on stun. Oh wait, that's Star Trek. 😀

Which reminds me that there is much less mixing up of those two very different franchises going on than I thought it would. I only saw one comment complaining about the absence of Uhura from the pack but other than that Simmers really seem to be able to keep space franchises apart. We are such a geeky community. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    This is an odd one for me.
    I really don't feel like it was a great idea for a pack, (maybe last year it might) but my geeky, sci-fi loving, cosplaying sims will make great use of this pack.
    11-23-18_10-30-20nbspAM.png

Batuu will be their ultimate geekdom destination.
    I will treat it like an amusement park on the level of Westworld.
    Without the killer robots.

The killer robots were the best part.

Yeah, but I don't think it would go over well in TS4.
    People having enough problems with the theme. :D

I am glad to hear about the home base.
    I can certainly treat this place as sci-fi lovers vacation getaway.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top