Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    @Netzspannung I'm counting on you to give us some regular, ordinary fashion looks, if at all possible. 🙂
  • Options
    RPG, goal based play is normal for me.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @Netzspannung I'm counting on you to give us some regular, ordinary fashion looks, if at all possible. 🙂

Ideally, I'd like to do both. For the Sim who gets into a few lightsaber fights in the morning but wants to look nice in the afternoon to take their date for a walk in the park. :D
    I am looking forward to seeing CAS. I could imagine some blouses and vests that could also work for a modern twist on a folksy/bohemian style, but I'll have to wait and see.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    Thank you @SimTrippy and @EVANGELlNE @keylimepiesims and @CAPTAIN_NXR7 think I will just either switch off notifications for that comment or delete it and continue looking forward to the pack here!
    @MaggieMarley don't let it get you down and effect your excitement for the pack. 🤗
    Thank you :)

I don't think I've been as excited for a pack in a long time!

Sorry to hear that, YouTube comments are as rough and unlawful as the outer rim... I totally resonate with your excitement though! This is the pack I’ve been waiting for, this makes my game complete finally! (Unless we get a follow up Star Wars stuff pack? :innocent: )

I only very rarely watch or comment on YouTube so I didn't really know. I will steer clear from now on!

There are very friendly people on YouTube as well though! It's just idk, I guess there are a lot of really young or just very frustrated simmers who think it's useful and necessary to attack others for their opinions.

We haven't even heard everything about the pack yet, but of course they already know all there is to know and that is that those of us who, for some reason, dare to enjoy playing this game sometimes, must be to blame for its ultimate demise 🤣

It's super annoying tbh. Like even if I don't end up liking this pack, so what, others will come along. And if I didn't like TS4 to begin with, and never played it, why would I even care about what others do with their time 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Fennec123Fennec123 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > I left a comment on the trailer on YouTube saying how great I thought the pack looks and how excited I am to play it and I have received some nasty comments :( people telling me that I'm stupid if I find a pack like this fun, that I should not buy it, that I am killing the franchise...
    >
    > I can understand people not liking the pack, but criticising people who DO like the pack simply for liking it? Other people telling those who want the pack not to buy it just because THEY don't want it? Now, that I can't understand.
    >
    > I think everyone should be allowed to express their opinion and it's fine if people don't like the pack but I don't appreciate being attacked for liking it myself.
    >
    > Even though lots of people on the forum are unhappy about the pack I am glad that they are not berating those of us who are excited for it. I really appreciate that and I do genuinely feel bad for those who are disappointed.
    >
    > Sorry if this isn't the place to comment this. Just feeling a bit shaken up by the replies I received on my YouTube comment.
    >
    > Anyway, I think I will reserve future comments on this pack for the forums and especially this thread.

That's awful! I'm sorry some people can be so mean. People are entitled to not like the pack but they have no excuse to pick on people who are genuinely excited for it like us.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    SPACESHIPS!!!!
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,470 Member
    SPACESHIPS!!!!

You excited for the pack? ;)
  • Options
    SPACESHIPS!!!!

You excited for the pack? ;)

Yes
  • Options
    Although I just found out EA's star wars license runs out in 2023 so the game wont always be available
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2020
    I left a comment on the trailer on YouTube saying how great I thought the pack looks and how excited I am to play it and I have received some nasty comments :( people telling me that I'm stupid if I find a pack like this fun, that I should not buy it, that I am killing the franchise...

I can understand people not liking the pack, but criticising people who DO like the pack simply for liking it? Other people telling those who want the pack not to buy it just because THEY don't want it? Now, that I can't understand.

I think everyone should be allowed to express their opinion and it's fine if people don't like the pack but I don't appreciate being attacked for liking it myself.

This is my issue with the Sims fan-base lately. When people don't like negativity, someone always responds with "but we should be allowed to express our opinions!" - which is absolutely true! It's not someone expressing their opinion that I take issue with. It's when people feel the need to attack the people who do like it, as if they're "wrong" and need to be taught some sort of lesson. If you have issues with a pack, take it up with EA/Maxis (without making personal attacks at the devs, that is). When you "express" your "opinion" by being nasty to your fellow fans, you're just a bully.

And honestly, even if a person is civil about it, if someone is talking about how excited they are about something, that is neither the time nor the place to be expressing your own disappointment/dislike of it. No need to 'rain on the parade' as they say. Also, just to avoid any confusion, I've been using the general "you" in this post - not referring to anyone specific.

Anyway, I know this is the positive thread, so I won't bring it down any further. I just needed to get this off my chest and this is the only place I feel safe doing so lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Ignore this
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    My main family/save is a scientist and a spellcaster so this is right up their alley! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Aaanyway, I noticed another small detail in the trailer. One that probably not too many people will care about, but I think it's cool anyway. :D

This hat/headwrap that a sim is wearing in the trailer is awfully similar to what's worn by a character in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, named 'Calo Nord'.

hSb9j2p.pngMMU43vQ.png
    It's also kinda similar to Rey's headwrap, but I feel like it looks more like Calo's.
    dmCjQOT.jpg

Not all that important of a detail, but I think it's cool that they've taken inspiration from actual Star Wars characters in creating the CAS.
  • Options
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I left a comment on the trailer on YouTube saying how great I thought the pack looks and how excited I am to play it and I have received some nasty comments :( people telling me that I'm stupid if I find a pack like this fun, that I should not buy it, that I am killing the franchise...

I can understand people not liking the pack, but criticising people who DO like the pack simply for liking it? Other people telling those who want the pack not to buy it just because THEY don't want it? Now, that I can't understand.

I think everyone should be allowed to express their opinion and it's fine if people don't like the pack but I don't appreciate being attacked for liking it myself.

This is my issue with the Sims fan-base lately. When people don't like negativity, someone always responds with "but we should be allowed to express our opinions!" - which is entirely true! It's not someone expressing their opinion that I take issue with. It's when people feel the need to attack the people who do like it, as if they're "wrong" and need to be taught some sort of lesson. If you have issues with a pack, take it up with EA/Maxis (without making personal attacks at the devs, that is). When you "express" your "opinion" by being nasty to your fellow fans, you're just a bully.

And honestly, even if a person is civil about it, if someone is talking about how excited they are about something, that is neither the time nor the place to be expressing your own disappointment/dislike of it. No need to 'rain on the parade' as they say. Also, just to avoid any confusion, I've been using the general "you" in this post - not referring to anyone specific.

Anyway, I know this is the positive thread, so I won't bring it down any further. I just needed to get this off my chest and this is the only place I feel safe doing so lol.

What is wrong with "the one and only journey to batuu complaining thread"

I never mentioned it?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Although I just found out EA's star wars license runs out in 2023 so the game wont always be available

Unless they renew the license...although this makes me believe that sims 4 will no longer be in development beyond 2022 and some licensed packs wont be available , like Katie Perry's Gingerbread House Stuff for TS3.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020

Unless they renew the license...although this makes me believe that sims 4 will no longer be in development beyond 2022 and some licensed packs wont be available , like Katie Perry's Gingerbread House Stuff for TS3.

I thought the exact same thing. I think that sims 4 is maybe in it's last year ending in 2021... this is the kind of experimental pack one does when the iteration is almost at it's end...
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Have had an idea of having a traveling sim that plays music for living. Wonder if the people of Bantuu might appreciate some nice guitar-playing?

Or if my sims can be a traveling saleswoman. Stocking up on stuff Bantuu and then selling it in San Myshuno. With luck I can sell snow globes later in Bantuu.
  • Options
    Have had an idea of having a traveling sim that plays music for living. Wonder if the people of Bantuu might appreciate some nice guitar-playing?

Or if my sims can be a traveling saleswoman. Stocking up on stuff Bantuu and then selling it in San Myshuno. With luck I can sell snow globes later in Bantuu.

Mabey we will get a new instrument like a slitherhorn (I am not a starwars fan so I don't know what it is though)
  • Options
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    My main family/save is a scientist and a spellcaster so this is right up their alley! :mrgreen:

My sim is a scientist and a spellcaster! 😀
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited August 2020
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Aaanyway, I noticed another small detail in the trailer. One that probably not too many people will care about, but I think it's cool anyway. :D

This hat/headwrap that a sim is wearing in the trailer is awfully similar to what's worn by a character in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, named 'Calo Nord'.

hSb9j2p.png

Not all that important of a detail, but I think it's cool that they've taken inspiration from actual Star Wars characters in creating the CAS.

I wonder if she is inspired by Kat Saka, the whole outfit looks very similar.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kat_Saka

latest?cb=20200122173148

She runs the kettle corn stall in black spire outpost.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I'm curious about living accomodations in Batuu. Do we stay in vacation rentals while completing our missions or will it be more like traveling to the magic realm? 🤔

@simgirl1010 from the WP article, I think it is like TS3 into the future or World Adventures where they stay at a home base. But the article calls it a destination world, so it is a vacation world
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2020
    I know it's not for everyone, but I am especially interested in the story aspect of this pack. If it's something like Strangerville, I will be really happy (but again, I know that wasn't enjoyed by all). The fact it says in the description on the blog post that you can join the First Order or the Resistance makes me think that there could be two separate 'stories': one for if you join the First Order and one for if you join the Resistace. Maybe two new aspirations as well, one for each story.

I'm thinking Jedi might not be an occult and instead 'the force' will be a skill or something. Or maybe not. If it is just a skill, then I can play this pack through with my vampires :)

Oh and JA is my second favourite GP (after vampires) and it seems like this pack might be similar in many ways which I am happy about too.

@MaggieMarley read this WP article, it provides insight https://washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/
    Also, the EA blog provides some insight.

Lastly, don't let folks drive you from YT.

@telmarina I agree. This GP feels like the end of the TS4 run. Personally if TS5 is made, seasons & pets should be in base game and all EP/GPs should be stuff never done before
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    You have to subscribe to WP to read it
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Don't lightsabers kill? (excuse my ignorance lol) I don't suppose we'll be allowed to go around sabering other sims into pieces...? :D That would have been fun. Well, maybe not into pieces but at least getting Grimmy to appear. Or shooting sims with those guns that the stormtroopers have?

We could descend upon the MOTHER in Strangerville armed with lightsabers and guns :)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    troshalom wrote: »
    I know it's not for everyone, but I am especially interested in the story aspect of this pack. If it's something like Strangerville, I will be really happy (but again, I know that wasn't enjoyed by all). The fact it says in the description on the blog post that you can join the First Order or the Resistance makes me think that there could be two separate 'stories': one for if you join the First Order and one for if you join the Resistace. Maybe two new aspirations as well, one for each story.

I'm thinking Jedi might not be an occult and instead 'the force' will be a skill or something. Or maybe not. If it is just a skill, then I can play this pack through with my vampires :)

Oh and JA is my second favourite GP (after vampires) and it seems like this pack might be similar in many ways which I am happy about too.

@MaggieMarley read this WP article, it provides insight https://washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/
    Also, the EA blog provides some insight.

Lastly, don't let folks drive you from YT.

@telmarina I agree. This GP feels like the end of the TS4 run. Personally if TS5 is made, seasons & pets should be in base game and all EP/GPs should be stuff never done before

Thank you :) I've already read the blog post but I may well have missed things so will reread it and I'll take a look at the Washington post link!

ETA: Ah unfortunately I can't read the Washington post article since I am not subscribed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top