Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Okay / Not really bothered
    I'm so so with this one.. I'm not Excited about it but I'll get it because I get them all and for the buy & build mode...
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    Pretty good
    i chose pretty good because some people might like it. myself iv played Star Wars The Old Republic so i think it will fall short for me :(
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Wow, I am so disappointed. I am not sure I would even download it if it were free. I don't even see any objects or designs I would want.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I'm not excited about this reveal. AT all. Star Wars has no appeal to me, despite being a sci-fi fan. So there being a whole game pack dedicated to is disappointing to me.
  • Options
    beatlokbeatlok Posts: 4 New Member
    Definitely not buying
    Is EA purposefully being ignorant or trying to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 people off? They know what people want, they have done all these surveys, the community is crying out for what they want and then they come and give us this? A Star Wars pack? Who wants this? How does this expand the core gameplay? Can't wait for the gurus to try to guilt rip people into feeling bad because they worked oh so hard and make them buy the pack.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Pretty good
    would've prefered just a space pack without the franchising (is that a word? it is now!), but other than that more wacky stuff is good in my book. I can see a few of my techy sims havin fun with this and the BB looks cool. Already have an idea who is gonna become a Jedi^^

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Definitely not buying
    If I wanted to play Star Wars, I'd buy a Star Wars game. I thought I was playing a life simulator with the Sims 4, but obviously EA has lost the vision that made The Sims so great that it's lasted more than 20 years. :'(:'(:'( Wonder how long before Paralives is ready.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Can’t wait!
    I know this is probably unpopular but I absolutely <3 Star Wars!! I can't wait!!

Where other people wanted witches, vampires etc I wasn't too bothered, but this......yahey!!!!!!
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I expect nothing and am still disappointed
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    Haven't been this disappointed in a pack reveal since Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats was announced.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Just wow! I don't even know what emotion/reaction to have to the trailer, the concept, the whole Star Wars GP itself. Number one, this is barely worthy of free content. Honestly, I couldn't get past the first few seconds of the trailer without becoming instantly angered that this is where we are at this sage of the Sims 4 - It bites ib the face of those who wanted to truly hope against all hope that this iteration will be salvaged at least enough to enjoy the ending before iteration 5, but NOPE... And this is the best we are being offered. I really feel at this rate Sims 4 is a lost cause. I remember early on in the Sims 4 iteration thinking this will get better. This has not gotten. nor is it getting any better. In fact, not only is it super disappointing to the older iterations style (Sims 2/Sims 3 players) who keep hope alive for family play to return, now it's actually becoming extremely disappointing to your "modern "challenges" type players. I am so ready for Sims 5, because Sims 4 is not growing anymore. I'll give you that not every player will like every single EP/GP/SP, but when it becomes apparent that more players are equally frustrated over the blatant way EA/maxis has decided to move forward with this cash cow, with very little, if any regards to what the players are asking for, it's time to stop believeing it will get better. It's dead already. Not even cars and better babies will make it better at this point. This feels so disappointing because it feels as if EA doesn't really care. I suspect that the genre they are targeting must be rated "child" because this game is, always was, and seems to be staying "child like" very very sad!

And no, I would not want this GP if I were forced to take it for free. Still shaking my head at this mess of a game pack.

But for those who will enjoy this GP, I am truly happy for y'all, don't get it twisted. Sims players should enjoy the Sims. I pray Sims 5 will be enjoyable for me, because I can play the game about 3-4 hours max, maybe one or two ays per week, and that's not even every week. Sad!
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Pretty good
    CelSims wrote: »
    7. It shows a sith? But doesn't show anyone using the force as far as I can tell. No new occult?

doesn't it in the very beginning though? at least that was the "these are not the droids you're looking for" wave I saw, but nothing more sadly...I also hope there will be a new occult and alot of new facial features instead of it all being masks/costumes (or even worse: unavailabe to the player).
    But yeah, gotta wait for the gameplay livestream to really know more.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Haven't been this disappointed in a pack reveal since Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats was announced.

Honestly, between this, Strangeville, and My First Pet stuff, I'm starting to feel like I owe Katy Perry an apology XD
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Can’t wait!
    I think the world looks beautiful, I like that I it will be possible to take my sims there for sightseeing and stuff even if I won't do the missions, so it will really be like a theme park for my sims. Wonder if there will be free lots to build on. Can't wait for the live stream to find out more.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I want to remove the Star Wars content in the game already so this pack will never be allowed to infect my game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    WAY too immersion breaking - it doesn't fit into Sims AT ALL. At least TRY to make it Sims specific. I love star wars, but Sims is NOT star wars. SO BAD.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I'm not a Star Wars fan, so its not my cup of tea. First game pack I will skip for sure. Even on sale I doubt I'd buy it.

I'm a bit disappointed to be fair, but hey ho, can't win them all :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Definitely not buying
    This just looks like a rip off, Sims Style, of the same game I have already played that is actually Star Wars and if I wanted to play an almost exact replica then I would play it instead of paying more money to play it just in Sims Style.

They should have used their budget and updated Sixam. There is nothing there, basically a semicircle to walk around and possibly pick harvestables or run into Aliens or other Sims. Its not right that they have just left it as it is when it could be so much more, and done more with already existing Aliens. Give them a leader, if they had no ideas try using some encouragement from Space Missions.....

Usually I end up not always being sure about a pack and then I get it anyway, because I have bought all of them , and ended up liking them each in different ways than I thought. I only want to take off Eco Living until bugs are fixed, but otherwise I would keep and use all i have, but this...this Star Wars where even the Cantina is the same as in game where you can gain rest XP and talk to a companion that wanted to talk to you. No thanks, thank you Sims making folks, you have finally made a pack that will make my collection incomplete. I even ended up enjoying knitting....but I will not play a total knock off
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Definitely not buying
    I want family gameplay. I am losing hope.
    giphy.gif

Same for me. There is nothing I like in the trailer. I won't buy this.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Can’t wait!
    Join me in the light side of the force.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Can’t wait!
    Honestly this game pack makes me so happy!

I'm not some huge fan of Star Wars, but I'll take whatever unrealistic gameplay I can get at this point.

My only concern is that it appears our sims won't be able to live on Batuu, but will instead be like a vacation world. I really hope this isn't the case, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know right?? Stupid realism side of fandom rioting every chance we get for unrealism...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Join me in the light side of the force.

Dark side's better. We have lightning fingers :smiley:
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Honestly this game pack makes me so happy!

I'm not some huge fan of Star Wars, but I'll take whatever unrealistic gameplay I can get at this point.

My only concern is that it appears our sims won't be able to live on Batuu, but will instead be like a vacation world. I really hope this isn't the case, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know right?? Stupid realism side of fandom rioting every chance we get for unrealism...

Nah. I'm typically on the side of the surreal (Superatural being my favorite expansion) but even I can't get into this shameless cash grab of a pack. This is just...disappointing on multiple levels for me.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Definitely not buying

Haha, I never used that stuff, not even with the color wheel you could make these items fitable in a normal setting :D
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

Honestly, between this, Strangeville, and My First Pet stuff, I'm starting to feel like I owe Katy Perry an apology XD

Strangerville was pushing it with the story line, but at least I had a world to put my evil underground scientist, country bumpkins, and even a hint of Mexican culture by including a Mexican restaurant and themed library. I still play the military career as well as use the objects/clothes (but have a mod to stop generating Strangerville personnel). The story was "eh", and I played it through very slowly, more focusing on the new military career than the story line...the story to me was like a bonus for a new world with all the CAS, Career, and the Paranoid Trait. I did wait until it was on sale, since the "coached" gameplay didn't seem to belong in a sandbox game.

My First Pet Stuff is sad and it is only in my possession because I got it for less than $5. I feel still dirty to this day, but that aquarium coffee table bewitched me until I had no idea what I was doing when I saw it cheap.

And you're right, at least Katy Perry had only influenced the style of objects instead of acting out the Sims version of her Superbowl Performance, where you could play left shark or right shark as well as Katy! Yay for revisiting the gameplay story 3 times instead of just one like in Strangerville! Brilliant....*sarcasm*

Why would a player, who can make limitless stories when given a detailed framed environment, would want to downsize to a few stories via guided gameplay?
    Post edited by MLadyAzzera on