Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @EdithV wrote: »
    Hmm I’m not too keen on the space theme tbh. How would it tie into the tweet from the guru with the pig chef? It seemed like a hint but are people disregarding it now?

It's already been covered in this thread. The pig is from Star Wars. It's a Gamorrean chef. ;)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    They changed it LMAO too late now guys.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I must search for it, but I'm sure that theme parks have been definitely ruled out for TS4 by a guru on Twitter.

yes they said that no theme park pack is in development i think. which is weird that they did confirm something, usually they're hush hush.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2020
    I can see a winter-themed pack in the picture with the mountain and the ski loft/resort but then what would the three moon looking things be? It's also reversed and the inside is white (which could represent snow) and the outside is blue. I like star wars movies but I wouldn't like a star wars pack. I wouldn't use it often and I would never use the clothes. As for space... that's also something I would probably not buy. The last few years have really been lackluster, to say the least. I didn't care for Eco Lifestyle, tiny living, university, or realm of magic. I mean I'm happy for those that wanted a space/star wars pack but I'm sad that so many packs have not been my style. I feel like they have forgotten family players exist and would like some content to.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    the icon is still visible on multiple images haha

sparkd-gallery-1.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg
  • Options
    Ive thought about it a bit more and because of the star wars decorative object that was included with the update several months ago,

That's not just an object. It's 'The Child.'
  • Options
    Ive thought about it a bit more and because of the star wars decorative object that was included with the update several months ago,

That's not just an object. It's 'The Child.'

The best child..the most precious child...the child that needs to protected at all costs.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm assuming Sixam or some vacation world.
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Ive thought about it a bit more and because of the star wars decorative object that was included with the update several months ago, (which was totally random) , i do believe now, that they are going for a futuristic/space themed pack very soon. Them adding that as a standalone decorative object for a game that didnt even have the gameplay to match that aesthetic, was random and didnt make much sense. Now with this new pack idea it does.

Also ive got to start looking more for clues and what they add in updates.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    A space theme might explain the insane MAC makeup, too..
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Wow it does look like it !! I personally hope it's not a Space futuristic GP because there's so much that lacking and that they should give us first instead of something nobody really asked for and I want more realistic gameplay, and well the last GP was Realm of Magic, so something "normal" would make sense and be nice but....
    well, after seeing these pics I can't deny there's a strong resemblance. Ok, let's see what it is before judging....

That being said, I like Star Wars, and sims fighting with lightsabers would be fun but I really want more realistic gameplay like cars.
    It literally looks like Batuu from Star Wars.
    E68-B6-BCF-A7-A7-4-D2-D-8-F58-7-D8-DDDD05-AD5.jpg
    simspackicongp.png

Batuu even has three moons.

Me :)

I am here and I am really really asking for all the occult, fantasy and sci-fi gameplay I can get.

We will see what happens.
  • Options
    SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    INTO THE FUTURE, IT'S INTO THE FUTURE
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If the next game pack 's theme is based on Star Wars, that's great news for the players waiting for that content. And it's good news for the players waiting for more family based content because updating and adding to romance and relationships, freeing the babies, adding more for kids, teens and elders to do, is content better served in a full expansion rather than in a game pack. And after almost six years of waiting for those missing pieces to be added, I would hate to see all of it shoved into a game pack and not being given the attention it all deserves. I'm good with the newest content we have seen so far this year. I don't need a vacation world or an alien world to enjoy the game. Truth be told, I'll pass on either one right now because I'm too busy playing with what I have as far as new content goes. EL made Tiny Living and off-the-grid gameplay more relevant and it all fits together as it was meant to. None of it made much sense before EL. So, I hope this is the pack all the fans of aliens and space exploration want. They will be over the moon, pun intended, with this kind of pack. I know I will be just as happy once we see a much needed update to our Sims' personalities, romance, freed babies and more activities for every Sim regardless of their age.
  • Options

INTO HYPERSPACE, IT'S INTO HYPERSPACE!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Look, there's a way that works for both realism and Sci-Fi.

If it's a Vacation Theme Park world - Galaxy's Edge translated into the Sims.

As I understand it Galaxy's Edge is basically a LARPer's dream - or would be if the No Adult Guests in Costume rule didn't apply. It's a fully immersive park, where everyone has characters and there are story lines to follow and the whole shebang. It's Dream Park.

So it feels immersive and like a sci-Fi world, but it's also just a Theme Park, where sims go to get away from reality for a few days.

I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but going to Disney World is about the most iconic "Family Activity" I can think of that doesn't involve dealing with relatives you only tolerate because they're related. Yes, it's just one part of the Disney Complex, but it's still Disney.

Yes but no, we need Star Wars realism, not Theme Park realism.
    It's best if the realism players just pretend it's a Themepark, rather than the other way around. ;)

Well, yes, I'd prefer that it was the realism players pretending rather than the Sci-Fi players too. But I'm going to predict the other way because then I keep my expectations in the realm of realism. Fewer disappointments that way.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited August 2020
    I must search for it, but I'm sure that theme parks have been definitely ruled out for TS4 by a guru on Twitter.

They were, but

Many of Disney's rides are dark rides. Which means they're inside which means they can be Rabbit holed, rather than needing to be actual rides.

And I think that tweet is a few years old, from someone who is no longer in charge of the Sims. If they've found a way to do it since, they wouldn't announce it - well, until they announce it.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

They were, but

Many of Disney's rides are dark rides. Which means they're inside which means they can be Rabbit holed, rather than needing to be actual rides.

And I think that tweet is a few years old, from someone who is no longer in charge of the Sims. If they've found a way to do it since, they wouldn't announce it - well, until they announce it.

aww I don't want rabbit hole rides...make it so you can go on your sims with it like TS1.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    If the next game pack 's theme is based on Star Wars, that's great news for the players waiting for that content. And it's good news for the players waiting for more family based content because updating and adding to romance and relationships, freeing the babies, adding more for kids, teens and elders to do, is content better served in a full expansion rather than in a game pack. And after almost six years of waiting for those missing pieces to be added, I would hate to see all of it shoved into a game pack and not being given the attention it all deserves. I'm good with the newest content we have seen so far this year. I don't need a vacation world or an alien world to enjoy the game. Truth be told, I'll pass on either one right now because I'm too busy playing with what I have as far as new content goes. EL made Tiny Living and off-the-grid gameplay more relevant and it all fits together as it was meant to. None of it made much sense before EL. So, I hope this is the pack all the fans of aliens and space exploration want. They will be over the moon, pun intended, with this kind of pack. I know I will be just as happy once we see a much needed update to our Sims' personalities, romance, freed babies and more activities for every Sim regardless of their age.

@Paigeisin5 Nah free babies, better relationships and etc should come with an update not an EP.
    But yeah that's irrelevant. I am really hoping for some more fantasy stuff since it's been a while
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Simbastien wrote: »

Doubt it. They said it is a major first and we had this one before. A space themed pack can still have futuristic elements though.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Ok, I see a house with a tower, some kind of canyon rock formation and three suns. The three suns would explain the alien's sunglasses like dark eyes. Can't wait to fly my own flying saucer. That is, if this is not another hoax. :joy:

Flying saucers before cars. I might explode.

This MIGHT be a "hoax" or joke and mark my words, this inverse mis-matched design WON'T be the official icon. Perhaps that is a big clue that this is an act of trolling.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    mspr1nt wrote: »
    " Batuu's surface was covered in jungles, oceans, and the petrified remains of ancient trees, referred to by the local Batuuans as "spires,"which towered over the planet's landscapes. The world was also home to farming communities, such as Peka and Surabat, and the town of Galma, known for its mechanics."

Just saying.

Wow this sounds so majestic!! You guys are getting me too excited. 🤭🤭🤭setting myself up for failure.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    So do people think the pig image that was tweeted is unrelated to the new gp? It’s weird timing but I don’t know how Star Wars and the chef pig could tie into each other.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    If space is the theme for the next GP, do you think it will it be a destination world or a livable world? My bet would be on a destination world since we haven't had one for awhile.

On one hand it would make more sense to make it a vacation destination since it's a more unusual local with a very specific look, but it would also be fun to play an alien living on another planet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Underwater world would be great!

Sci-fi would be great!

Have to try to forget about it now, so I don’t hype myself up for nothing.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean imagine if the just gave us this Star wars Gamepack to advertise their Star wars game... That would be so EA :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?