Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Interesting. Could be scifi, maybe 3 moons, a house, and giant space rocks the size of mountains? It could be snow balls but why would they be over the house unless avalanche could happen which is probably a reach. Just have to wait and see on this one.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i just hope we get a farming expansion this year or i think i might become "THIS ISNJT WHAT WE ASKED FOR WHERES FARMING" person

Sorry buddy might have to start working on saying that...because I am 90% positive it's SW themed.
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2020
    I’d love for it to be a space colony pack. Like, establishing a new colony in space. Could add

1. Better survivalist gameplay
    2. Better aliens

both of which are pretty high on my wishlist. So I’d like that.

And being able to live in space would definitely be a first for the franchise.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I am certain this is SW themed.
  • Options

This wasn't necessarily on my wishlist, but I was afraid we were going to get a reality tv-pack, so this is fine by me. The Build/Buy could be really good.

Okay, I must say, scifi and Star Wars IS better than reality tv. :D
  • Options
    lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    What is your opinion if it was a survival thing like the castaway stories but with a SW scenario?
  • Options
    CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    @Dakota88 Whoa, don't bite my head off, I was agreeing with you. Obviously Denmark isn't impoverished.
  • Options
    Cemirror wrote: »
    @Dakota88 Whoa, don't bite my head off, I was agreeing with you. Obviously Denmark isn't impoverished.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you, but you seem to have misunderstood me too: I didn't mean bad!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2020
    What is your opinion if it was a survival thing like the castaway stories but with a SW scenario?
    Heck yeah
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Hey, what if it is a realitiy TV pack in a SW setting? :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    @Dakota88 Okay, sorry!!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Hey, what if it is a realitiy TV pack in a SW setting? :cold_sweat:
    Heck no.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Dakota88 Okay, sorry!!

No problem, really, English is not my first language, so it can happen that I come across differently than I intend to come across. :) Sorry!

But I am not mad or anything, in the end, this is just a game. Of course, I am a bit disappointed about the SW theme, but who knows, perhaps we are all wrong. Or perhaps the new EP in nov (my birthday!) will be a hit.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I am not saying no one asked for this. I know lots of people like the scifi and supernatural stuff. It's just that I don't. And also: I don't think Tiny Living was so realistic (come on - who lives in a tiny house in real life? I never play with tiny houses and I didn't understand all of the hype when it released, it was rather being hyped by gamechangers than by the community) and Eco Living was more of a joke than an EP. I would have preferred for you guys to have a whole supernatural/scifi EP rather than getting Eco Living. It's not that I don't like it at all, it's just that it wasn't great and basically took an EP slot away from something that could have been better.

I did like Knifty Knitting and University a lot. But I miss lots of family play - the last family gameplay we got was Parenthood... And don't forget: lots of occult players are also family players and they were very neglected with realm of magic not catering to them (children not being able to do magic etc). So lots of occult players would like a Generations EP too!

A good majority of people in the world live in a tiny house... Every been to an Indian slum? Or an impoverished community in Uganda? Or Ghana? Or Haiti? Or even Mexico? Phillipines? Congo? How about a trailer park in North America? In Hong Kong the average new home size is about 450 ft squared. Im all for realistic game play but small homes ARE realistic.

Okay, come on, Tiny Living was about cool, hipster and modern tiny houses, not about Indian slums or impoverished community buildings. Tiny Living was about this: https://www.goodshomedesign.com/vinas-tiny-house-living-off-the-grid-in-140-square-feet/

You don't need that pack to build impoverished community houses. Actually, it has absolutely no content for doing that (as it comes with nice, modern furniture etc).

Oh I get these are more modern, but you can decorate them with different packs. I was commenting on the bold part that it wasn't realistic. Even the fancy eco-friendly ones are realistic as many people around the world DO live in tiny homes. Something like living in outerspace is not realistic, at least in the year 2020.Who knows what the year 3020 will bring haha! (Unless the space pack is ISS themed instead of Star Wars themed but I doubt it lol)
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    It’s not a space gp as space is not the most popular destination to elope. It’s not even an option for elopement. :)
  • Options
    I just remembered it the acting career (Get Famous) we have a futuristic scenario as one of the movie tasks
  • Options
    @Dakota88 I mean, I hope so. I just don't see Star Wars fitting into the rest of the Sims well. Maybe if it's their own spin on Space Travel, I could see it. But first of all, Star Wars without the myriad of creatures and locations would be so weird. And having Star Wars and vampires in the same world does not make sense to me at all. For that matter, Star Wars and Eco Lifestyle wouldn't mix at all. In general, with the exception of the alien aspect from Get to Work, the Star Wars pack would not mix with any other pack in the Sims 4 - something that cannot be said about the other expansion packs.

But I can't imagine that it's just a space pack. That wouldn't be a major first. Star Wars would be a major first, but it would just be such a bad fit for this series - outside of nods and costumes.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Honestly I think that this will be a Star Wars pack.

Is outer space play my cup of tea? No. I don't enjoy playing with aliens, robots, any other type of occult. I didn't buy vampires, I love island living but haven't touched mermaids and haven't even seen one in the game despite my sims all living in Sulani, etc. I play families, realistic families with loads of young children. I'm a "knitting over happy haunts" type player.

BUT I am thinking that a Star Wars pack could be fun for me too. I am definitely not opposed to the idea. I mean, I probably wouldn't have my sims move to outer space or anything...
    but if it's done right I'm imagining a few things that could make the pack fantastic for realistic players too who choose to ignore the outer space world.

Toy Light Sabres for our kids who can have toy light sabre fights with them.

Star Wars posters and clothing and models and collectibles for my geeky sims dad who is a huge sci-fan

Please please please... a SMALL telescope and maybe the ability to trace constallations, find a new star and name it, etc. Maybe an astronomy hobby or aspiration.

Galaxy themed decor

etc.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @Dakota88 I mean, I hope so. I just don't see Star Wars fitting into the rest of the Sims well. Maybe if it's their own spin on Space Travel, I could see it. But first of all, Star Wars without the myriad of creatures and locations would be so weird. And having Star Wars and vampires in the same world does not make sense to me at all. For that matter, Star Wars and Eco Lifestyle wouldn't mix at all. In general, with the exception of the alien aspect from Get to Work, the Star Wars pack would not mix with any other pack in the Sims 4 - something that cannot be said about the other expansion packs.

But I can't imagine that it's just a space pack. That wouldn't be a major first. Star Wars would be a major first, but it would just be such a bad fit for this series - outside of nods and costumes.

The creatures can be just regular sims dressed in costumes. We already have some. They will need to add quite a lot of build and buy items and some flying vehicles.
  • Options
    @crocobaura Yeah, the build and buy would be intense. Unlike Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, etc., you wouldn't believably be able to incorporate base game elements or really elements from any other pack. It would be such an out-there style that you would have to have an enormous build buy catalogue to make it work. Something that stylistically unique would need its own expansion pack - much like Island Living did.
  • Options
    [quote="Cemirror;c-17598205"]@Dakota88 I mean, I hope so. I just don't see Star Wars fitting into the rest of the Sims well. Maybe if it's their own spin on Space Travel, I could see it. But first of all, Star Wars without the myriad of creatures and locations would be so weird. And having Star Wars and vampires in the same world does not make sense to me at all. For that matter, Star Wars and Eco Lifestyle wouldn't mix at all. In general, with the exception of the alien aspect from Get to Work, the Star Wars pack would not mix with any other pack in the Sims 4 - something that cannot be said about the other expansion packs.

But I can't imagine that it's just a space pack. That wouldn't be a major first. Star Wars would be a major first, but it would just be such a bad fit for this series - outside of nods and costumes.[/quote]

But we had Lunar Lakes in the sims 3 and we also had vampires and witches and faries
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I was thinking the building looked right for a barn with a tower beside it, and the right side looks to me like a canyon with the blue being water. I'm not really wanting farming but I know many others do, and to me I think maybe it's like a Ranch so you get animals/farming too. The udderly clue was maybe that, then the one phrase with Space em out, stack em up ( I know it was not that order) reminded me of how that old western show came on when I was a kid, that my mother watched,called Rawhide, it sounded alot like how it came on. And it would be something never done, not sure what you think of my thoughts.
  • Options
    @lulicanales Okay? We have aliens now and vampires and witches. Star Wars isn't the same as aliens or sci-fi. Star Wars is Star Wars. Think if EA had tried to boil Harry Potter into a game pack instead of making a twist on witches with Realm of Magic. The idea that someone else's specific intellectual property would now be injected into your storylines sounds like such a counter-intuitive approach to a sandbox game. It's one thing if you personally want aliens you can change to look like Star Wars aliens. It's another thing entirely to be told "If you buy this pack, you will automatically be connected to the Star Wars universe."

I get that realism players could use T-shirts. I don't think we'd get smaller telescopes in that pack, but I'd be down with that, too. But to me that would not be worth the cost of risking having Stars Wars characters enter my story unannounced, as waiters or firemen or anything I didn't make enough townies for. I just can't imagine what careers and skills would even come with that. Force-using? Yikes.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @kaylin205 wrote: »
    I'm more intrigued by the picture frame with silhouettes than the game pack icon. What is it?!

Apparently it’s a little family portrait icon you can unlock via Sims Mobile. I don’t play it, so maybe someone else can clarify.

Yeah, it's an old promotion to get a family portrait in the game. A modder made the portrait available here: https://sims4studio.com/post/102289
    And here are some plain versions of the frame: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/938914/family-portrait-simpler-frame/p1

The portrait automatically updates as your family changes/grows. You can also lock it so that it stays the same.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I hope this pack isn't story driven. The icon is vague looking. I believe it will look a lot different when the trailer releases. They want us to guess at what the theme could be.

i think not, but i hope theres a tutorial or something that guide me thoghte the pack, i missy this thing on vampires and realm of magic.

if the package focuses on looking for planets and lots something like the sims 3 paradise island i suppose it can be fun.

but I sincerely wonder what feature this package will be, since we already have servants and aliens in the predecessor expansions.