Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    That thing is in the build/buy catalog, in “decor/sculptures”. Is it new ?
    logion wrote: »
    Cemirror wrote: »
    How would Star Wars and Batuu relate to a French pig chef though?

huh? I'm confused? LOL

SimGuruGeorge posted this:

I think it is maybe a hint to another pack.

Good find xD
    "
    Somehow I think of Douglas Adams. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe" :o<3
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @BariSaxy wrote: »
    Meh. Haven't the last two Game Packs been Sci-Fi (Strangerville) and Fantasy (that magic pack)? I was hoping for something more down-to-earth.

Do you mean ‘Down to earth’ like Discover University, Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting?

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Meh. Haven't the last two Game Packs been Sci-Fi (Strangerville) and Fantasy (that magic pack)? I was hoping for something more down-to-earth.

Do you mean ‘Down to earth’ like Discover University, Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting?

TBF Eco Living is terrible. :D:D
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope this pack isn't story driven. The icon is vague looking. I believe it will look a lot different when the trailer releases. They want us to guess at what the theme could be.
  • Options

TBF Eco Living is terrible. :D:D

That may well be, but it’s the most down-to-earth pack we’ve had so far...since we have to look after the environment and all. :#
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited August 2020
    peragogo wrote: »
    Interesting!

I don't know that the Sims-blog.de interpretation is correct, I see the corners of the middle object as actually pointing up, not down. The "chimney" isn't really that wide. This really is like a Rorschach test for interpretations.

With every other icon, the white part is the background with the icon being in the foreground. It looks cool as a contrast but it seems to indicate the background is the whatever it is. To me, it looks like a very big mountain in the background with a smaller, thin mountain in front. Two buildings, one with points on the top. The smaller mountain could be an oddly shaped building. The circles are what really stump me. It could be three moons, could be three coins. Could be that the icon itself is a bubble or sphere and that's light reflecting on it. I don't think it's actually bubbles, because they'd probably be going upwards instead of an arc.

I honestly have no idea lol. So far the hints are:
    1. "Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year." A Word From Our Team: Coming Soon in The Sims 4
    2. "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack ‘em up? Hmm." - new Future Cube hint
    3. "The most popular destination to elope is not yet known." - new Future Cube hint
    4. Porc du Jour (Pork of the Day in French) - Item Description: "Enlist the services of a charming personal chef. Jolly, pink and generously proportioned, this friendly companion has an appetite for finer morsels. Indulge him by writing on his ready little slab. Then wipe it clean and start afresh, for another day full of delights." Hint from SimGuruGeorge on Twitter.
    5. And now this icon.

"With every other icon, the white part is the background with the icon being in the foreground. It looks cool as a contrast but it seems to indicate the background is the whatever it is."

+

"Indulge him by writing on his ready little slab. Then wipe it clean and start afresh, for another day full of delights."

O eM Gee, a changeable world, almost a CAW pack.

Wait, no, "a major first for us." :/

I don't really want a one-world CAW we have to wipe clean (to keep building) anyway. I want more.

"The most popular destination to elope is not yet known."

... Is it a changeable wedding destination, because everyone has their own dream wedding we may not even want to re-use (or we can back them up anyway)? CAW for just one wedding destination hood??

That might be ... actually nice. In its own way. Is it a major first???

Oh no, I've been sucked - ahem - pulled, nay, beamed - into the madness!

Ummmm ... using a straw or getting ... transported to a space ship ... this is plummable? And why did they get rid of PLUM?

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    I'm more intrigued by the picture frame with silhouettes than the game pack icon. What is it?!
  • Options
    @kaylin205 wrote: »
    I'm more intrigued by the picture frame with silhouettes than the game pack icon. What is it?!

Apparently it’s a little family portrait icon you can unlock via Sims Mobile. I don’t play it, so maybe someone else can clarify.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I am a bit torn about this.

One One Hand if this is about Aliens, Then it would be a DLC for DLC like MFPS. On the other hand if this is a space themed world, but instead of improving aliens we get another occult, then Aliens would be left mediocore in The Sims 4.

Still hoping it is not a Space Theme pack. Romance Pack or anything that would add depth to current gameplay such as parenthood is the pack that I am looking for.
  • Options
    Corvinow wrote: »
    I absolutely hated at first but then I remembered the speculation here that it could be a reality tv pack and now I space doesn't sound so bad

hahahaha I love this
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    If this really is a sci-fi pack I expect some funky hairstyles and clothes.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Do you guys think we'll get a trailer on Monday or Tuesday? Or is that too soon?
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Basically we have the icon.
    Pack Name is unknown but Sixam is Maxis spelt backwards so maybe it'll be something like Sraw Rats or Smis or Uutab
    Theme: Space
    Included World: Batuu
    Pack description...
    Welcome to Batuu, an alien planet where kids can play with light sabers, giant snowballs threaten your livelihood, and if you don't cook pork the pork will cook you. Grab your loved one, hop into a space car, and come on over where you can elope in our beautiful new farm-side hotel or take the non-working elevator straight down to Atlantis under the planet's largest sea. No matter what your play style, this is the pack for you. And oh yeah, just a heads up, if the elopement ends up in a pregnancy, your new werewolf baby will be FREE!
  • Options
    Basically we have the icon.
    Pack Name is unknown but Sixam is Maxis spelt backwards so maybe it'll be something like Sraw Rats or Smis or Uutab
    Pack description...
    Welcome to Batuu, an alien planet where kids can play with light sabers, giant snowballs threaten your livelihood, and if you don't cook pork the pork will cook you. Grab your loved one, hop into a space car, and come on over where you can elope in our beautiful new farm-side hotel or take the non-working elevator straight down to Atlantis under the planet's largest sea. No matter what your play style, this is the pack for you. And oh yeah, just a heads up, if the elopement ends up in a pregnancy, your new werewolf baby will be FREE!

I think little werewolf babies that howl at the moon/s would be so cute.
  • Options
    Now that I think of this speculation, the more I realize. The Game Packs have full of Gameplay to the point that we expect more on it compared to Expansion Packs...
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Now that I think of this speculation, the more I realize. The Game Packs have full of Gameplay to the point that we expect more on it compared to Expansion Packs...

They said this pack is something they have never done before, so who knows what will be in it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    How would Star Wars and Batuu relate to a French pig chef though?

d20z1jt-17c0f6b0-480c-4000-92e6-dc0ff3feb998.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYmVhOTFjMTAtMmZhMy00N2ExLTg3OGEtM2YyNTk4N2ZiYmFkXC9kMjB6MWp0LTE3YzBmNmIwLTQ4MGMtNDAwMC05MmU2LWRjMGZmM2ZlYjk5OC5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.EEa168V32gg5NRFWBA8lbt0IROPkAJzGbUsYevCQcxQ

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I died
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am not saying no one asked for this. I know lots of people like the scifi and supernatural stuff. It's just that I don't. And also: I don't think Tiny Living was so realistic (come on - who lives in a tiny house in real life? I never play with tiny houses and I didn't understand all of the hype when it released, it was rather being hyped by gamechangers than by the community) and Eco Living was more of a joke than an EP. I would have preferred for you guys to have a whole supernatural/scifi EP rather than getting Eco Living. It's not that I don't like it at all, it's just that it wasn't great and basically took an EP slot away from something that could have been better.

I did like Knifty Knitting and University a lot. But I miss lots of family play - the last family gameplay we got was Parenthood... And don't forget: lots of occult players are also family players and they were very neglected with realm of magic not catering to them (children not being able to do magic etc). So lots of occult players would like a Generations EP too!

A good majority of people in the world live in a tiny house... Every been to an Indian slum? Or an impoverished community in Uganda? Or Ghana? Or Haiti? Or even Mexico? Phillipines? Congo? How about a trailer park in North America? In Hong Kong the average new home size is about 450 ft squared. Im all for realistic game play but small homes ARE realistic.

Okay, come on, Tiny Living was about cool, hipster and modern tiny houses, not about Indian slums or impoverished community buildings. Tiny Living was about this: https://www.goodshomedesign.com/vinas-tiny-house-living-off-the-grid-in-140-square-feet/

You don't need that pack to build impoverished community houses. Actually, it has absolutely no content for doing that (as it comes with nice, modern furniture etc).
  • Options
    CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    @Dakota88 On that topic, the style is said to be of Danish influence.
  • Options
    peragogo wrote: »
    Chaton wrote: »
    I see mountains on the right and a lodge on the left, the icon makes me think of a winter world.
    But I showed it to my boyfriend without context (he doesn't play the sims and doesn't know about the speculations) and he said "space conquest".

You know, maybe we all should poll outsiders since I feel like there's something we're missing lol. I showed my partner and he said "Astrology" and I can see it. That might be why the blue is the background, because it's a night sky that we're looking at and that's the focus of it.

If it was space travel, you think you'd get an alien icon, a ringed planet, space ship or an ET finger or something.
    If it was Star Wars, EA has access to the franchise now and could make an icon from very recognizable features from Star Wars.
    If it was a snowy vacation world, wouldn't a snowpal or a snowflake make more sense? Outdoor Retreat has a campfire, Jungle Adventure has a mask. Even Strangerville, Island Living and City Living are based on locations and their icons are a beaker with vines, a palm tree and sun, and a few buildings.

I'm curious about what the stripe of light blue could be... Looks like maybe light shining down?

Yes, or ...

Abduction beam...

Non-rabbithole abduction travel to an outer space world.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Dakota88 On that topic, the style is said to be of Danish influence.

What's your point? Danish influence is not like "impoverished slum" :D I mean, have you ever seen pictures of Copenhagen and the price tags of Danish furniture design? :wink: Just face it - this pack has nothing to do with how the majority of the world lives. This pack caters to priviledged people (myself included) who fancy the idea of living in an eco-friendly, cool and modern tiny house because it's cool to do so.

I actually really like Denmark and danish interior design, and I do like the furniture that came with tiny living, don't get me wrong. But it's not like that stuff pack represents how the majority of people live. It doesn't.
  • Options
    lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    [quote="SimAlexandria;c-17598130"]Basically we have the icon.
    Pack description...
    [/quote]

STRAW RATS. Also Uutab is a really nice name for a space neighborhood
  • Options
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

Yeah, I want adorable American farmhouses and barn-themed build mode additions!!!

... Hopefully the pack is NOT space-themed.

... Maybe this is all a trolling. The blue part is too large AND UNCENTERED!!! Notice it's not even centered! It's definitely at least temporary, but it might not even be close to the final icon (or even represent the real pack).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i just hope we get a farming expansion this year or i think i might become "THIS ISNJT WHAT WE ASKED FOR WHERES FARMING" person
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

Yeah, I want adorable American farmhouses and barn-themed build mode additions!!!

... Hopefully the pack is NOT space-themed.

... Maybe this is all a trolling. The blue part is too large AND UNCENTERED!!! Notice it's not even centered! It's definitely at least temporary, but it might not even be close to the final icon (or even represent the real pack).

I'd hope so, but I highly doubt it. I think a Disney/Star Wars/Sims collab sounds realistic.

And yes, I would love some farming too, also gameplay wise.

I cannot wait for the Switzerland-like mountain world. It would also tie in very nicely with the "eloping" hint - winter vacations in the mountains are advertised to be very romantic in Europe:

https://www.weekend4two.de/romantik-lodge-mit-privat-spa#gallery

Just one example of many. It says "Romantic lodge with private spa" ;) - scroll down for more pics!