Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    This is how I see it, interesting to see that other people interpret it a totally different way

1rjXBxw.png

Yikes. Don't get caught outside when the snow starts to fall.

Yeah I DON'T see it at all....besides I may have the unpopular opinion but I much rather have space/star wars than a winter vacation...

I'd prefer a winter pack but I have a feeling we are getting that as an EP in Nov anyways and I don't mind SW theme either, which is what I think this is. I"m just not seeing the winter theme thing in this icon
  • Options
    WelshSimmerWelshSimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    SimGuruGeorge - Back on 25th May replied to tweet on his image of a "A beautiful winter scene with a green eco footprint".

A Fan said "Oh, I'm very curious about snow is it possible to have snow in the new world? (please, please, please I think it would look gorgeous)."

He said, "There is snow in Evergreen Harbor."

Seems a bit weird he would even answer it, or answer it like that, if he knew there was a winter pack coming up :l
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am not saying no one asked for this. I know lots of people like the scifi and supernatural stuff. It's just that I don't. And also: I don't think Tiny Living was so realistic (come on - who lives in a tiny house in real life? I never play with tiny houses and I didn't understand all of the hype when it released, it was rather being hyped by gamechangers than by the community) and Eco Living was more of a joke than an EP. I would have preferred for you guys to have a whole supernatural/scifi EP rather than getting Eco Living. It's not that I don't like it at all, it's just that it wasn't great and basically took an EP slot away from something that could have been better.

I did like Knifty Knitting and University a lot. But I miss lots of family play - the last family gameplay we got was Parenthood... And don't forget: lots of occult players are also family players and they were very neglected with realm of magic not catering to them (children not being able to do magic etc). So lots of occult players would like a Generations EP too!

Oh, I ABSOLUTELY want a generations EP. I want it so bad I expressly want it as an EP so it would be full. I'm glad this Game Pack isn't anything like generations so we can max out the potential for content. So a supernatural, sci-fi, fantastical GP now, and then a Generations EP for Christmas? Would be the best of both worlds in my opinon!

I actually think that Tiny Living was a GREAT stuff pack. Not for everyone, but a lot of the community wanted it. It definitely wasn't just game changers, its popular with them because its popular with the community. It gets views. I understand the hesitation on Eco-Living though. Really was a niche theme... but I did like a lot of the stuff it introduced. More apartments, dynamic environments, etc.

I guess personally, I just think GP are a great opportunity to get zany and try something new/weird and different. I come in ready to hate it. I don't get my expectations too high with them and I'm okay if they do something that flops or isn't for me. I prefer it, actually. Nothing worse than having a GP you hate but has like two features you desperately want, so you have to shell out for the whole GP just to get one gameplay thing. I'd much rather it be something really extreme - either love it or hate it. Dining Out? Couldn't care less. Realm of Magic? Sign me up! Strangerville was really not appreciated, but I was greatful that they tried the style, because you never know what could stick or if I would like it. I want them to push the boundaries somewhere, and GPs feel like the perfect place to do it. There's enough content for it to be explored, but isn't taking up the same attention and resources as an EP would. I don't want to wait until "everything realistic is in the game" before trying something new. On the other hand, SP and EP, those I expect to be more "safe" and to really flesh out the everyday gameplay we desperately need. Nifty Knitting added some great content for that, so did University. I really think whatever expansion we get this year for the christmas season should expand on family gameplay.
  • Options
    SimGuruGeorge - Back on 25th May replied to tweet on his image of a "A beautiful winter scene with a green eco footprint".

A Fan said "Oh, I'm very curious about snow is it possible to have snow in the new world? (please, please, please I think it would look gorgeous)."

Seems a bit weird he would even answer it, or answer it like that, if he knew there was a winter pack coming up :l

Why is that weird? The question was specifically about Evergreen harbour and that's what he was answering. I don't think this game pack is winter theme, but I do think we are getting a winter one later and don't see how this answer is weird at all. How else would he have answered it?
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member

I’m pretty sure this person it just wondering if snows in Evergreen Harbor with Seasons installed since the weather is different depending on the world.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    This is how I see it, interesting to see that other people interpret it a totally different way

1rjXBxw.png

LMAO RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THE KILLER SNOWBALLS HAVE ARRIVED!
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2020

1rjXBxw.png

Lol!!! Or even inside... when those snowballs land the roof may just collapse.

Totally. That structure is not going to survive the 30-ton snowball that is about it hit it at 300 miles per hour. I didn't really have an interest in a winter vacation pack, but now I'm starting to change my mind. I am very much in support of The Sims 4: Death from Above.
  • Options
    WelshSimmerWelshSimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Why is that weird? The question was specifically about Evergreen harbour and that's what he was answering. I don't think this game pack is winter theme, but I do think we are getting a winter one later and don't see how this answer is weird at all. How else would he have answered it?

I think it depends on how you interpret it. I interpreted it like the fan was asking if the next pack/world was winter/snow related. Usually the gurus don't reply to any comments like that if they know there's a pack in development or when it gets close to reveal they might drop a sneaky comment back, so I felt it was weird he replied at all tbh.

BUT, he could just been saying there's snow in Evergreen Harbour if you cant wait for snow and I'm reading too much into it :D Hard to tell sometimes!

Again depends on the interpretation :)
  • Options
    edited August 2020

1rjXBxw.png

Lol!!! Or even inside... when those snowballs land the roof may just collapse.

Totally. That structure is not going to survive the 30-ton snowball that is about it hit it at 300 miles per hour. I didn't really have an interest in a winter vacation pack, but now I'm starting to change my mind. I am very much in support of The Sims 4: Death from Above.

GP: Natural disasters confirmed. :D:D:D:D:D:D
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i think this is legit ..it is meant to do exactly what it is doing...hype the hype and get folks talking..i mean half the fun of something we know is going to happen is guessing what it exactly is and when it will happen..lol
  • Options
    I mean, I still think it's star wars, because I think baby yoda was a hint too... BUT... neither star wars OR Death by Killer Giant Snowballs have ever been done before.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I mean, I still think it's star wars, because I think baby yoda was a hint too... BUT... neither star wars OR Death by Killer Giant Snowballs have ever been done before.

"We heard that some people were dissatisfied with the snow in Seasons, so we have addressed those concerns with our latest gamepack."
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Look, there's a way that works for both realism and Sci-Fi.

If it's a Vacation Theme Park world - Galaxy's Edge translated into the Sims.

As I understand it Galaxy's Edge is basically a LARPer's dream - or would be if the No Adult Guests in Costume rule didn't apply. It's a fully immersive park, where everyone has characters and there are story lines to follow and the whole shebang. It's Dream Park.

So it feels immersive and like a sci-Fi world, but it's also just a Theme Park, where sims go to get away from reality for a few days.

I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but going to Disney World is about the most iconic "Family Activity" I can think of that doesn't involve dealing with relatives you only tolerate because they're related. Yes, it's just one part of the Disney Complex, but it's still Disney.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Oh, and they've finally fixed it. The page now shows a screen without that pack.
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    At the very least, I hope we get some info on it soon. The speculation is good publicity, the vagueness is doing its job and making us talk. But if they wait too long, we're going to start to solidify on ideas and wants, and it could kill the announcement when it doesn't meet the thousands of ideas and speculations we've now brainstormed.

I think another unavoidable problem with packs is that they take awhile to make, and sometimes we get over an idea really quick. Like with the laundry say stuff pack, people really wanted eco-living. So they start making it... but by the time it came out, we were over it. They've been asking if we want winter and snow, but that was recent. I doubt this GP has that content, especially since in Island Living they said snow was too hard.
  • Options
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Why is that weird? The question was specifically about Evergreen harbour and that's what he was answering. I don't think this game pack is winter theme, but I do think we are getting a winter one later and don't see how this answer is weird at all. How else would he have answered it?

I think it depends on how you interpret it. I interpreted it like the fan was asking if the next pack/world was winter/snow related. Usually the gurus don't reply to any comments like that if they know there's a pack in development or when it gets close to reveal they might drop a sneaky comment back, so I felt it was weird he replied at all tbh.

BUT, he could just been saying there's snow in Evergreen Harbour if you cant wait for snow and I'm reading too much into it :D Hard to tell sometimes!

Again depends on the interpretation :)

He could have said that... but he didn't. And even if he knew about a winter pack he wouldn't have as that would have been confidential. I can't see any way to interpret this as a hint. Someone asks if there is snow in evergreen harbour and he says yes...
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Oh, and they've finally fixed it. The page now shows a screen without that pack.

hah, little too late for damage control.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Hmm I’m not too keen on the space theme tbh. How would it tie into the tweet from the guru with the pig chef? It seemed like a hint but are people disregarding it now?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

As I understand it Galaxy's Edge is basically a LARPer's dream - or would be if the No Adult Guests in Costume rule didn't apply. It's a fully immersive park, where everyone has characters and there are story lines to follow and the whole shebang. It's Dream Park.

So it feels immersive and like a sci-Fi world, but it's also just a Theme Park, where sims go to get away from reality for a few days.

I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but going to Disney World is about the most iconic "Family Activity" I can think of that doesn't involve dealing with relatives you only tolerate because they're related. Yes, it's just one part of the Disney Complex, but it's still Disney.

This is actually a very good idea, and can maybe make this pack a bit more interesting to me. Thank you.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Yes but no, we need Star Wars realism, not Theme Park realism.
    It's best if the realism players just pretend it's a Themepark, rather than the other way around. ;)
  • Options
    mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    "Poseidon carved the mountain where his love dwelt into a palace and enclosed it with three circular moats of increasing width, varying from one to three stadia and separated by rings of land proportional in size."

Also from Atlantis... Mmmm
  • Options

Yes but no, we need Star Wars realism, not Theme Park realism.
    It's best if the realism players just pretend it's a Themepark, rather than the other way around. ;)

Oh, that's what I thought she meant. lol
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I must search for it, but I'm sure that theme parks have been definitely ruled out for TS4 by a guru on Twitter.
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020
    Ive thought about it a bit more and because of the star wars decorative object that was included with the update several months ago, (which was totally random) , i do believe now, that they are going for a futuristic/space themed pack very soon. Them adding that as a standalone decorative object for a game that didnt even have the gameplay to match that aesthetic, was random and didnt make much sense. Now with this new pack idea it does.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think we need to think more outside of the box 'cause maybe they really have come up with something truly orginal this time around. I personally can't wait to know. I'm hoping for an announcement by the end of August.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?